magic mouse zoom

magic mouse zoom

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

So i just drop some cash down on a new mac book pro….. note i was never really mac user and only used macs in college but since i just started my own VFX/CGI business i needef to buy a mac.

But there a few problem with GW2 on a mac more towards the magic mouse the fly wheel scanner thing doesn’t zoom in and out and right click and hold dont control my camera…… also it just dont feel as smooth as using a pc mouse.

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

magic mouse zoom

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Your zoom issue might be fixed by turning off ‘use scrolling gestures’ under Options. I have never used the magic mouse on my Mac – it is still in its packaging – but I know the zoom can be a problem on normal mice if the scrolling gestures are set.

Macs are lovely machines but unfortunately I think you will be disappointed by the performance of GW2. It just doesn’t work all that well on the Mac and you will most probably have crashing issues at big events. Most people seem to turn to Bootcamp and play the Win version.

magic mouse zoom

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

You need to make sure you have right click set in your Macs settings.
As for the scrolling/zooming, as Figlilly points out there are a couple of settings in the Guild Wars Options panel. Have a look at the two Mac Beta settings, they both relate to mouse behaviour.

It’s worth noting that in order to right click with a magic mouse you need to ONLY have your finger on the right click spot. If you’ve still got your other finger resting in the normal left click spot it will count as a left click.