my account got suspended

my account got suspended

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: demolisher of all.6943

demolisher of all.6943

So i was doing a Dungeon SE Path 1 to be exact and i get to the end of the dungeon and the game screen goes white and says (YOUR GUILD WARS 2 ACCOUNT SUSPENDED FOR USE OF UNACCEPTABLE NAME IN VIOLATION OF THE USER AGREEMENT AND RULES OF CONDUCT. ) my name is not in any violation of the rules of conduct i read them over my characters name is Hauloser i dont see y i got suspended for a name that has no meaning to it

my account got suspended

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you any other characters? Have you tried to log back in to see which character needs a name change?

You can contact Customer Support and ask about this issue.

support.guildwars2.com
‘Ask a Question’

Good luck. =)

my account got suspended

demolisher of all.6943

i cant enter my account at all i had a problem with my characters name b4 and i changed it but i cant get into my account at all

my account got suspended

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If this is not the first time you have been asked to rename your character, then the account usually must serve a 72-hour suspension. Again, you can contact Customer Support and discuss it with them.

my account got suspended

demolisher of all.6943

but im confused bc none of my characters have a bad name my characters name are as so Hauloser, Gotter Von Tod, x paralax x , Demo, [edited to remove offensive name]
and the name i had b4 was [edited to remove offensive name]
but i changed it to [edited to remove offensive name] so that could be it i guess

(edited by Moderator)

my account got suspended

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

but im confused bc none of my characters have a bad name my characters name are as so Hauloser, Gotter Von Tod, x paralax x , Demo, [edited to remove offensive name]
and the name i had b4 was [edited to remove offensive name]
but i changed it to [edited to remove offensive name] so that could be it i guess

Well I think you just caught yourself. The “sofa” name you mentioned is a tasteless joke that has been around for a long time. Not funny at all and I’m sure you the knew meaning when you made it.

Edit: The “name you had before” has sexual connotations to say the least.

The Burninator

(edited by Moderator)

my account got suspended

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Definitely sofa king… When you have the opportunity to rename your character, once again, be sure to choose an appropriate name. The next suspension may not be so short. Good luck.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

my account got suspended

demolisher of all.6943

will do thanks

my account got suspended

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I’m dying to know his “not bad” explanation for Sofa king.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

my account got suspended

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Ok so it’s a tasteless joke that’s been around for a long time? I am pretty old and am very curious as what this could be because I have never heard of this. Where I grew up Sofa King was actually a furniture store.

Ok so I just did a search and some urban dictionary gives a really tasteless definition and actually after giving it some thought you do have history of not so great names and hopefully for your sake the ban will not be permanent.

(edited by Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379)

my account got suspended

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

but im confused bc none of my characters have a bad name … the name i had b4 was [offensive name] but i changed it to [offensive name]

Good grief, well hopefully they put your account out of its misery soon so they can stop babysitting it.

(edited by Moderator)

my account got suspended

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

You changed your offensive name to another offensive name.

Stop trying to work around the word filter. Stop choosing names you KNOW are wrong. Serve your time and and learn from it.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)