my account perm block for using battleping

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Empathy.8360

Empathy.8360

i guess it’s not fair to permanently block my account using a program which reduce lag, which i really don’t know that it’s illegal because it’s not botting and other stuff and now i appealed about it and they won’t help me recover my account, my point is, why would i use that if in the first place i know that its bannable, its not like botting or whatever, its just to reduce lag for me to able to enjoy the game. please help me.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You will need to discuss this with the CS Team. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request.

If you have already submitted a ticket and been given a decision, you can ask for a review by posting your ticket number in the Sticky, ‘Tickets for Review’.

Good luck.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I seriously doubt the reason you have been perma-banned is because you used a proxy connection, but as mentioned above, you need to take this up with Support. Note that if another Anet staff member looks into this, they WILL be able to tell WHY you were actually banned.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Empathy.8360

they said i was using 3rd party program, as i remember i was just using battleping and doing dungeon then i dc’d then when i tried logging in back it says my account is blocked. it’s very unfair. i was just using that program just to make the game playable for me, thats the reason of that program and now im blocked because i just want to avoid lag and to enjoy the game? that’s unacceptable.

Posted by: Chris Cleary

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

Hey Empathy! Thanks for getting my attention via the forums!

Actually, your account was never suppose to have been unbanned. Looks like this was a slipup that I’ll rectify right now. Your main account and 8 other accounts have been banned/rebanned.

Your other accounts were banned for botting (and selling gold), and your main account was banned because you mailed gold from your bots to it.

Feel free to contact Customer Support again if you have any questions.

Professor of Bearbow Math @ Tyria State // @Shazbawt // “The Crippler”

(edited by Chris Cleary.8017)

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG. That was ice cold.

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

Ouch !!!!!!!!

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Empathy.8360

no, i wasn’t botting, im doing multi boxing to farm, i thought its legal? really im not into botting and gold selling! i was mailing the gold to my main needed for my legendary weapons, why would you do this?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Multi-boxing is okay. IF you only control one character with one command.
If you however do use programs to do several things with just one click, it is not okay.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Empathy.8360

i was playing all manually, tabbing each other, and never knew its illegal to farm hard just to get my main a legendary? thats why im mailing gold to my main. this is really unacceptable, i wasnt really botting at all.

Posted by: LeCreaux.3087

LeCreaux.3087

Actually, your account was never suppose to have been unbanned. Looks like this was a slipup that I’ll rectify right now. Your main account and 8 other accounts have been banned/rebanned.

Your other accounts were banned for botting (and selling gold), and your main account was banned because you mailed gold from your bots to it.

These responses make my day. If you’re not a fellow Texan, I nominate you for Honorary Texan.

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURNNN

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

(edited by silvermember.8941)

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

I remember red post about banning mutiple accounts before (33, right?), but as of today I’m your fan Chris.

Posted by: TerminalMontage.5693

TerminalMontage.5693

Hahahaha, Chris, you’re awesome.

Posted by: hix.8374

hix.8374

Why would you buy 8 extra accounts just to get a legendary? When you could have taken that money and bought gems to convert into gold? And before you say you like alts they also sell character slots in the gemstore.

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

Next

9 Accounts, Manually Controlled, Ok, lets do some Bearbow math.

It’ll take you ~1 second to move between each client
1 second to initiate a command (assuming you only want 9 characters to do 1 skill and then auto attack)
Thats 18 seconds for 1 action across 9 accounts with 0 movement, so 3.3 (repeating of course) actions per minute per account.

Technically speaking, you could pull off a 3 Rapid Fires on your Bearbows per account per minute with 6 seconds to spare between switches. A normal Bearbow can do 7.5 Rapid Fires per minute, and throw in 2 Barrages (but that requires targeting, something you don’t have time to do), upping damage to equal roughly 9 Rapid Fires.

Your 9 Bearbows are roughly equal to 3 real Bearbows. It seems if you wanted to be effective, you should be multiboxing only 3 accounts rather than 9, if my Bearbow math is correct.

That is unless you are botting, or have keys bound to multiple clients, either way, that’s gonna fetch a ban…like it did

Attachments:

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

lets do some Bearbow math.

Best post 2014.

Leman

Posted by: Susanoo.2586

Susanoo.2586

+1 just for that smiley bear, 10/10

Posted by: joritzel.8015

joritzel.8015

Or he could work at a callcenter, operate nine lines at the same time, and buy some gems from his massive salary.

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

I imagine Empathy with a spinny chair in the center of 9 PCs, spinning himself in a circle as he hits two keyboards at once, completing the circle in close to 5 seconds.

How dizzy he must get!

Posted by: Baltzenger.2467

Baltzenger.2467

Azorius Arrester
You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses.

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

This is my favorite thread.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

This is HILARIOUS! Bearbow math made my day!

Posted by: SachiKoAsuna.7058

SachiKoAsuna.7058

hahaha this is hilarious.
I need more of these lol

Posted by: DunkinFresh.9678

DunkinFresh.9678

Chris I am going to make an MLG montage parody of this. It is my destiny.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I love Chris! Yet again, he solves the mystery of the “I’ve been wrongfully banned” thread.

Keep up the great work! =D

Posted by: Sinzaku.2980

Sinzaku.2980

1 second to initiate a command (assuming you only want 9 characters to do 1 skill and then auto attack)
Thats 18 seconds for 1 action across 9 accounts with 0 movement, so 3.3 (repeating of course) actions per minute per account.

Technically speaking, you could pull off a 3 Rapid Fires on your Bearbows per account per minute with 6 seconds to spare between switches. A normal Bearbow can do 7.5 Rapid Fires per minute, and throw in 2 Barrages (but that requires targeting, something you don’t have time to do), upping damage to equal roughly 9 Rapid Fires.

Your 9 Bearbows are roughly equal to 3 real Bearbows. It seems if you wanted to be effective, you should be multiboxing only 3 accounts rather than 9, if my Bearbow math is correct.

That is unless you are botting, or have keys bound to multiple clients, either way, that’s gonna fetch a ban…like it did

U lost me after “lets do some Bearbow math”

Too many numbers for me but this kind of answer is just fabulous and made my day, ty chris =D

“Necromancer in Heart and Soul” ~ #8k Hours#Asura
-(EvE ~ EU)-

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

That smug bear grin. Amazing.

Posted by: ScarHead.3265

ScarHead.3265

Smiley Bearbow wins

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

tldr: asians can exceed 400 apm in video games. Possible to control 9 accounts with that speed.

As long as Guild Wars 2 is not in fullscreen mode, i can tab into it without any loading.
Activating a skill would also take me less then 0.5 seconds.

If i had GW2 running 9 times i am sure i would be able to tab through those accounts and use the same skill in 4 seconds or less. (less then 2 seconds when you’re asian)

For me the main problem would be to run multiple instances of the game without modifying anything or using 3rd party tools.

But i have to say that it would be possible to control 9 accounts way faster then what your math says. even without any makros or bots.

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

Taking a page from the Lyte book of smites.

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

Posted by: leviN.4390

leviN.4390

Bearbow maths… such win..

Seraph Siegfried – BoM – Guild Leader
The beating continues until order is restored
http://brotherwood.enjin.com/

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Bearbow math!!!! Love it Chris.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: KngGilgamesh.3481

KngGilgamesh.3481

tldr: asians can exceed 400 apm in video games. Possible to control 9 accounts with that speed.

As long as Guild Wars 2 is not in fullscreen mode, i can tab into it without any loading.
Activating a skill would also take me less then 0.5 seconds.

If i had GW2 running 9 times i am sure i would be able to tab through those accounts and use the same skill in 4 seconds or less. (less then 2 seconds when you’re asian)

For me the main problem would be to run multiple instances of the game without modifying anything or using 3rd party tools.

But i have to say that it would be possible to control 9 accounts way faster then what your math says. even without any makros or bots.

and how long can you keep that up?

Posted by: Maximian.2395

Maximian.2395

Lmfao, wow that response was friggin’ epic

Posted by: Vunter.6245

Vunter.6245

As a player id rather see anet resources focused on developing content and responding to other valuable threads; than spending valuable time focused on this multiboxing issue.

Its been months since we’ve gotten any real content and there’s hundreds of threads that warrant anet responses that go left untouched and instead they respond to a thread like this, whoopdy do dah anet. You banned someone yay for you; focus on content now than I’ll give you a real high five.

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

“Bearbow math”

omfg dying

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

As a player id rather see anet resources focused on developing content and responding to other valuable threads; than spending valuable time focused on this multiboxing issue.

Developers and admins do not do the same job.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Posted by: Merus.9475

Merus.9475

Its been months since we’ve gotten any real content and there’s hundreds of threads that warrant anet responses that go left untouched and instead they respond to a thread like this, whoopdy do dah anet. You banned someone yay for you; focus on content now than I’ll give you a real high five.

Guys is this real irony or is this rain on your wedding day

because it sounds like this guy is complaining about ANet not doing their job in a thread where an ANet employee is doing their job

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

You do realize (I hope) that the Support staff and the GMs are not the people actively developing content. That is a whole different group. This group of guys, including Chris Cleary, the Game Security Lead, have the (unfortunately often thankless) job to help solve player account and security issues, protect player account information from people that want to steal it and (possibly the most fun thing they get to do) bring down the ban hammer on those bad actors that seem to think the rules are for everyone else.

As a player, I really (and I do mean REALLY) want to see these guys keep on doing exactly what they are doing now. Keep up the good work guys.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Lol. This is part of his job. He obviously works in account issues since he is posting here after Gaile got a different job title.

Now let him get back to work without backseat drivers directing him.

Posted by: Gedekran.1487

Gedekran.1487

He may be Game Security Lead but his math his horrible. 1 second to switch between clients? It’s a fraction of that, but let’s assume it does take a full second to switch since the second part of his argument is even worse. He is then saying it takes a second to use a skill. Think about this, does it take you a whole second to push a button on your keyboard or left click a mouse? If it does, then I feel sorry for you. Taking 60 seconds to type 60 letters, where as others are able to type 120+ words a minute must be frustrating.

Either way, I hope his “math” isn’t the justification for the ban and merely an attempt at a joke since that’s what it is.

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

He may be Game Security Lead but his math his horrible. 1 second to switch between clients? It’s a fraction of that, but let’s assume it does take a full second to switch since the second part of his argument is even worse. He is then saying it takes a second to use a skill. Think about this, does it take you a whole second to push a button on your keyboard or left click a mouse? If it does, then I feel sorry for you. Taking 60 seconds to type 60 letters, where as others are able to type 120+ words a minute must be frustrating.

Either way, I hope his “math” isn’t the justification for the ban and merely an attempt at a joke since that’s what it is.

Go run 9 accounts on 1 machine, and see how well it runs. Go run 2 accounts at the same time on 1 machine and see how well you can run it, while tabbing between them, pressing the buttons and tabbing back, and see how fast you go.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Encoded Rig.7903

Encoded Rig.7903

Omg, is this the same guy I reported in DR for macroing too?

Posted by: Gedekran.1487

Gedekran.1487

Go run 9 accounts on 1 machine, and see how well it runs. Go run 2 accounts at the same time on 1 machine and see how well you can run it, while tabbing between them, pressing the buttons and tabbing back, and see how fast you go.

So your argument is that since it’s that slow to do on your computer then it’s as slow to do on everyone’s computer? I don’t have that many accounts but I’ve not noticed any such 1 second delay to switch between clients with how many I do have. Then again I don’t play full screen and alt tab, so maybe there is some inherent delay to doing it that way. I use multiple monitors in windowed mode so that I can actually see what’s going on. Also my laptop has had no issues with running quite a few, which I would say is credit to the game more than using a laptop.

Either way the second part of the argument is worse with assuming it takes a second to hit a key or left click a mouse.

(edited by Gedekran.1487)

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Even if you assume it’s 1/4 of a second to alt-tab and hit a key (probably ~1/2-1 second is accurate), then to the next which would require hitting alt-tab twice, etc. you are introducing delay there. Whether you want to nitpick over that point or not, there is no way to make farming 8/9 accounts remotely efficient unless you are botting and/or controlling each all at the same time, which was the point. Additionally, they can tell if they are being done one by one, or at the same time.

Previous

Chris Cleary

Game Security Lead

I’m going to go ahead and lock this thread, at this point, further discussion on anything other than bearbow math isn’t really important and can happen on another thread if needed.

Truth be told, using bearbow math (an unproven system that may or may not lead to random photobombs…see below) isn’t always going to be exact. However, this player did not need to use bearbow math as they violated the laws of bearbow science and used a 3rd party program which is not allowed. Thats why they were banned, not because they were bad at bearbow math.

Attachments: