nVidia GeForce Experience

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: TactualRain.7109

TactualRain.7109

Possibly I’m going insane, or senile, or both, but I could have sworn that the GeForce Experience used to have a GW2 profile.

On both my desktop (960GTX) and notebook (750GT) it is gone, no optimisation profile at all. Searching for games doesn’t seem to fix it.

I know this isn’t technically a GW problem, but I’m wondering if fellow GW players have struck this and how they might have fixed it..?

TactualRain.7109

Fun story: if I delete the client and re-install it, it appears back in the folder. The client .exes and folders look the same – new checksum maybe?

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I suspect it’s maybe something like having to run the game once to write the config to disk or something similar; some other games behave like that: can’t be found after install, until the first run “far enough” into the game that it saves config to disk.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Why would you need geforce exp to change nvidia cpl settings on its own ? Ive tried it once a long time back,it was enabling 8x msaa on every game through nvcpl and doing other stuff like enabling AO on games like gw2 aswell.It’s garbage software,you don;t need it.

TactualRain.7109

I suspect it’s maybe something like having to run the game once to write the config to disk or something similar; some other games behave like that: can’t be found after install, until the first run “far enough” into the game that it saves config to disk.

Hm. I thought I’d fixed it by re-installing, but it only fixed it until the next reboot (on both machines, different GFX cards).

Have just updated my drivers to the ones released today (?), no change.

I think there’s got to be some kind of thumb print issue going on, but as I’m the only person with the problem in the whole world it’s got me stumped

Posted by: Ciriaco.9863

Ciriaco.9863

It went away in my Geforce Experience as well, but I don’t use it to config settings for GW2 anwyays

Crissy Bear the Thief
Best female Norn thief with a bear hat NA

TactualRain.7109

It went away in my Geforce Experience as well, but I don’t use it to config settings for GW2 anwyays

Neither do I, now

Thanks for letting me know it’s not just me (also helps to confirm I’m not crazy).

Posted by: Vallis.7021

Vallis.7021

Same problem here!

SlippyCheeze.5483

I assume that whatever the NVIDIA team use to detect the app (like, uh, I can’t even imagine) went missing, but it’s … a thing on the NVIDIA side, almost certainly.

Posted by: Korven.9825

Korven.9825

I’m having the same problem, while some weeks ago, it appeared without problem.

Posted by: ksteffan.8412

ksteffan.8412

Snap! Exact same issue. GW2 used to show up in my games list on nvidia experience… Nvidia updated and… bang! Gone. Nvidia updated again since, but still no sign of GW2

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Okay I am really glad i am not going insane as well. SAME problem. NVIDIA not finding Gw2 client, and my Locales folder is completely empty. I re-installed. Didn’t solve issue.

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Open your nvidia control panel (right click on window screen), click ‘manage 3d settings’ then select the program setting tab. Use the drop down menu to see your games. Find and click on gw2 and you will the games settings ( which can adjust/customize them if you want] . If you can see GW2 there it is obviously an experience issue.

Uninstall GeForce experience. You don’t need it. Too many issues regarding it to get into here , but you can google the program to see the pros and cons.

(edited by Blude.6812)

SlippyCheeze.5483

Open your nvidia control panel (right click on window screen), click ‘manage 3d settings’ then select the program setting tab. Use the drop down menu to see your games. Find and click on gw2 and you will the games settings ( which can adjust/customize them if you want] . If you can see GW2 there it is obviously an experience issue.

Uninstall GeForce experience. You don’t need it. Too many issues regarding it to get into here , but you can google the program to see the pros and cons.

I suspect most people use it for the “what graphics settings do NVIDIA recommend, given my hardware, for this game”, rather than to override 3D settings. (Which, TBH, I’m not even sure the “nvidia experience” can do.

So … this is “you want an apple? just grab a banana instead, it’s just as good…”

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I had the same issue: GFE couldn’t optimize Guild Wars 2 anymore. All I got on the optimize page was a message saying

Unable to retrieve current game settings. Starting and closing the game, or editing the in-game settings, should fix this problem.

No matter what I did I just couldn’t get GFE to allow game optimization. Not even as it suggested by running the game and changing around settings in the graphics options. (The only thing I never tried was uninstalling and reinstalling the game because that takes a while to redownload everything)

May 9, 2017: Windows Update had the creators update. After that I launched the Nvidia Geforce Experience and saw it had an update.

GFE version 3.6.0.74
GW2 is no longer showing up in GFE for optimizing, and when scanning games it isn’t found either. I did check the settings/games in GFE and saw that my scan locations haven’t changed. I only have the 64 bit version of GW2 installed though.

It doesn’t effect me though. I never used GFE to optimize the game anyway. I prefer to use the auto-detect in the game graphics options and manually adjust from there.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

I recommend for everyone to stop using GeForce Experience altogether.

Not only don’t you need it in order to configure your PC or your games, it also eats up tons of resources since that big overhaul several months ago. There are plenty of unnecessary processes and scheduled tasks running in the background, several unneeded services installed, a frequent exchange of data between your PC and nVidia’s servers. You are better off without all that crap.

Posted by: Gwinevere.6904

Gwinevere.6904

I just uninstalled GFE. I’m hoping this will resolve the issues I’ve been having since the big May patch – lots of game freezes and reboots.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

lots of game freezes and reboots.

Reboots cannot be tied to GFE. There could be a driver imcompatibility. What does the Blue Screen say?

Posted by: dmgorsky.9672

dmgorsky.9672

GDE detects 7 games and shows 6 cards, Guild Wars 2 is missing.

SlippyCheeze.5483

GDE detects 7 games and shows 6 cards, Guild Wars 2 is missing.

This is almost certainly an NVIDIA issue, not a GW2 issue; those presents are distributed and supplied by NVIDIA — even if they get input from the authors — and so it’s on them to update to recognise the newest client, etc.

Posted by: islarose.7356

islarose.7356

Having the same issue. Reinstalled, rebooted, attempted to detect the game both before running, while running, and after running. Even added the GW2 folder to the folders to scan, to no avail.

Obviously I don’t need it to tweak settings, but it’s convenient for quick optimization when I don’t feel like tweaking each setting.

EDIT: found the solution. From a thread on reddit:

“It looks like the scanner only picks up the original filename ‘gw2.exe’. As I run the 64 bit version, it worked for me just renaming the executable from ‘gw2-64.exe’ to ‘gw2.exe’ and updating a few settings afterwards. The game doesn’t care what the file is called and the scanner now picks it up.”

Posted by: RobTWC.4692

RobTWC.4692

islarose.7356 I have tried this and it did not work for me. Did you have any success with it?

Been looking for a fix for GeForce experience and GW2 on and off for ages. Glad to know its still affecting folk as posts ive been seeing are quite old.

Also I don’t know if its relevant but all my other games sit in the Program Files(x86) folder whereas Guild Wars 2 sits in Program Files. I don’t think its the issue because you can change the scan location but maybe just a coincidence all the games working are found in a different folder from GW.

(edited by RobTWC.4692)

Posted by: Meecham.3861

Meecham.3861

This fix worked for me a few minutes ago. I renamed ‘Gw2-64.exe’ to ‘gw2.exe’ and then ran a scan in GFE, picked it up immediately.