realms too full

realms too full

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Dryttzz.2658

Dryttzz.2658

Q:

talked friends into leaving WOW to come play with us on GW2 just for them to find out they can’t get into our realm because it’s FULL. They did say however that they saw an option to transfer realms for gems/cash …… that would be shameful …. if it’s true.

realms too full

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can transfer to any Server that is not Full for a cost in Gems, or you can delete all characters and transfer to any Server that is not Full at no cost. You can only transfer once every 7 days.

You can learn more about transferring here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World#Transferring

and here: https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28147336-Home-Worlds

Good luck.

realms too full

Posted by: GM Aurora.8530

GM Aurora.8530

Lead Game Master

Next

Choosing your initial home world is not too much different from transferring to another world. The main restriction in both cases is that you can’t choose a world that is already full.

With Megaservers and merged guild chapters in place however, you can still play in the same party on the same maps and instances without even noticing you are on different worlds, as long as you are registered on the same server region (NA or EU). The worlds only really come into play for WvW.

realms too full

Posted by: evildeadjunky.1576

evildeadjunky.1576

Yeah, but that doesn’t solve the issue of not being able to WvW with your friends now does it?

That could be his point in wanting his friends on the same server. So they could WvW.

(edited by evildeadjunky.1576)

realms too full

Previous

GM Aurora.8530

Lead Game Master

Next

It certainly doesn’t solve that issue, you are correct.

The only way to play WvW together in that case would be for him to move to his friends server. There is no way to circumvent the fact that some servers are full.

realms too full

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

It certainly doesn’t solve that issue, you are correct.

The only way to play WvW together in that case would be for him to move to his friends server. There is no way to circumvent the fact that some servers are full.

Can you clarify what “full” means?

Based on previous developer statements it appears that it is based on the number of accounts that call a server “home”, rather than on the number of current, logged in accounts, but it has never been explicitly stated (at least not anywhere I was able to find).

Thanks!

Server: Devona’s Rest

realms too full

Previous

GM Aurora.8530

Lead Game Master

There are many factors that go into the population status of a server and going into detail would be too complex right now and probably would require a developer to chime in as well to fully explain it.

But a good estimate is to use the whole “accounts that call a server home” metric.

realms too full

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

There are a bunch of servers with plenty of room for you and all your friends -

and you would help with evening out the WvW population in the process.

For Anet’s side, they should offer transfer to one of those servers for free (again, to help the population issues short term).

realms too full

Posted by: Dryttzz.2658

Dryttzz.2658

Yes none of this makes much sense that we would have to move ALL our people to another realm, just so 2 people could join us in game. Maybe we should take All our people to Archeage. I hear it’s very similar and just starting to populate

realms too full

Posted by: Krallarc.3690

Krallarc.3690

Most of the time (in other games we had played) a “Realms too Full” is a way of spreading out a client load to servers of less population. The full load trigger often set far below a full load level. We are currently seeing many of our friends leaving this game, toward other games of newer releases and even those games that are still in Beta testing states. It would be nice when we can replace those gaming friends with some new players to this game, without having a move a whole guild full of existing players, just to pickup two new player friends. When we are inviting friends to join us, we should not have to relocate to another server in order to make that happen.

realms too full

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

Yes none of this makes much sense that we would have to move ALL our people to another realm, just so 2 people could join us in game. Maybe we should take All our people to Archeage. I hear it’s very similar and just starting to populate

If you like Archeage your more then welcome to go there. Me personally I didn’t care for it. The starting area felt too confined, combat seams clunky, and the graphics seem off. I guess it’sca good thing I didn’t like it since I’ve heard it’s about a 3 to 4 hour wait just to get into any server.

realms too full

Posted by: bradldz.3728

bradldz.3728

You have to understand that 2 years into the game it’s quite likely to have some full servers. There is a lot more people who probably want to move to your full server than your 2 friends, should they let everyone move then? No. Since this game is not sub based any player can come back any time so all of the accounts on the particular server have an impact on it’s status as well as active accounts. What exactly do you suggest Anet do if there was quite a few people from your server coming back, block their accounts from getting in?
Is your guild a wvw focussed guild? Would your friends be interested in playing wvw at all? There is always eotm ( i know it sucks tho) you could try.
I think it’s nice enough that you can at least play the pve side of things in this game without worrying about which server you’re on
Btw archeage has servers too you know xD if your friends joined this game at start there wouldn’t have been issues like this