in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: donahey.3051

donahey.3051

just wanted to let you know the server is going down often

server

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Nobody else seems to be experiencing this, suggesting it might be an issue with the network between you and the ANet servers. https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network is a good guide to figuring out where those are happening.

It’s also, not coincidentally, a nicely written guide to doing the first stage of diagnostics that anet would ask for if you filed a support ticket about this — which, if they problem is on their side, I suggest you do.

server

Posted by: Kittygw.5079

Kittygw.5079

it has gone down so many times now I have lost count.. I have restarted everything.. I have done this one Story so many times.. I have given up hope on ever finishing it… its dropping and says Network error.. I can’t even anymore… i can’t even..

server

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

it has gone down so many times now I have lost count.. I have restarted everything.. I have done this one Story so many times.. I have given up hope on ever finishing it… its dropping and says Network error.. I can’t even anymore… i can’t even..

I understand it’s hard to find the motivation to keep trying to debug a strange problem.

Can you follow the guide at https://www.pingplotter.com/fix-your-network and/or just run pingplotter and post the results at the time of the problem?

Assuming it’s still happening; there was a bunch of instability after the recent patch, which if you are not having the issue any more, probably means the problem is resolved.

server

Posted by: adiosro.8125

adiosro.8125

Can you help me guys? I got same problem. This my pingplotter screen. The game was on. These are the results. I can not interpret them…

Attachments:

server

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You are having issues with Telia, which is common. Best you can do is contact your ISP and ask them to contact Telia.

Or use a VPN and hope it uses a different Level 1 backbone provider.

Good luck.

server

Posted by: adiosro.8125

adiosro.8125

Thank you very much for your answer! Is the VPN not threatening to ban? I’ve been playing GW2 for 3 years and I’ve never used this kind of thing. Tomorrow I will call the internet provider and see what I can do.

server

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, even the Devs sometimes suggest using a VPN.

Good luck.