using a headset

using a headset

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Shaktidev.5679

Shaktidev.5679

I use a USB headset with mike for WvW but I can’t resolve a sound problem. Teamspeak sound comes through the headphones, but game sound comes out via speakers. I would like all sound to be in headphones.

Yeah, I have my Mac sound control panel output options set for the USB device. The GW sound panel says only ‘default device’. Result-I hear computer alert sounds and TS on headphones, GW ambient and game sounds are in speakers.

Anyone have an idea about this (so I can stop disturbing my wife’s reading). thanks

using a headset

Posted by: Felicja.6891

Felicja.6891

Hi Shaktidev,

I am not sure if you are using the Steelseries USB headset on mac, but could you see if this works for you:

1. Open “System Preferences” and choose “Sound”.
2. Go to both “Output” and “Input”, and select your headset in both menus. If the change does not take place automatically, close the menu (by pressing the red button in the top left corner of the window), and reconnect the headset (unplug/plug-in).

http://faq.steelseries.com/questions/443/When+I+have+my+USB+headset+connected+on+Mac+OS+X%2C+the+sound+still+comes+out+of+the+speakers.

using a headset

Posted by: Spiralhelix.5384

Spiralhelix.5384

To have both voice and game sounds I’ve noticed with my logi g930 that I must change the sound system preferences prior to even starting the guild wars app. It appears that the game will use the “default device” that is is the preferences when the game is started. I made a little AppleScript that gives a popup dialog to change your sound settings and then opens the guild wars app. I can include the code if that is of interest to you.

using a headset

Posted by: J Night.3468

J Night.3468

yea i’ve been doin this since mac version was released and i wanna skype. basically hook the headphones and set the output options (system prefs) to the default mac speakers which would be headphones now.. then run the game. sucks you have to restart the game every time you wish to use them but yea that’s what you gotta do. ;/

Embrace the darkness..

using a headset

Posted by: Shaktidev.5679

Shaktidev.5679

thanks all. that helped!