Anyone's PC crash after several hours?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Skiroid.3859

Skiroid.3859

Hi.

I’ve been playing Guild Wars 2 for a while now and during long sessions in the game, Guild Wars 2 crashes my PC. It is not a crash were the picture on the monitor freezes and the sound loops. It’s a crash were my primary monitor displays black and my secondary monitor displays either beige or white.

My temperatures are more than reasonable. The CPU is never more than 40°C and the GPU is always around 60°C. I play with the highest settings at a constant 60fps.

A friend in-game says his PC often crashes while playing Guild Wars 2. Is this a common thing then?

I thought I’d post my PC specs just in case it’s a known issue with certain hardware.

Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K (OC to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: Corsair Vengence (16 GB)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC (2 GB)
SND: ASUS Xonar DGX
SSD: Samsung 830 (256 GB)
PSU: Corsair GS800

Posted by: hoegarden.4287

hoegarden.4287

Maybe it is a driver problem. Wrong settings or something.
I know that EVGA cards have a lot of trouble when you have one screen is 59.94Hz native refresh rate and the other is 60 Hz.

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Maybe its not a stable overclock for GW2 anymore.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi Skiroid – The first thing I would recommend would be to disable Turbo Boost to disable the auto “over-clocking” as the client can be sensitive to overclocked hardware.

Posted by: Sarevok.4836

Sarevok.4836

I would like to add too that a GPU can still run cool and be faulty. I’v previously had a brand new grpahics card at one point and every so often without warning and no set time my monitor would display an irregular image. It was just what appeared to be garbled graphics. Same as in your case my temps were find but it still turned out to be a faulty graphics card. Soon as a replacement was sent out and installed my problem was gone.

So my advice is to try another graphics card if you can borrow one and see if that eliminates your problem.

i7 3820
32Gb Ram
Geforce GTX 660Ti

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

It is happening to thousands of people, Anet is still refusing to acknowledge the problem.

Posted by: muslumgurseks.4951

muslumgurseks.4951

It is happening to thousands of people, Anet is still refusing to acknowledge the problem.

Pc crashing is one thing Game crashing is another… OP is having problems with his pc in general and his friend as far as I understand is suffering from game crash there is the confusion.

X99 Deluxe / i7 5820k @4.5 /980ti KPE @1550/ Rog Swift / 16gb DDR4 /Custom Loop

Posted by: Jigain.8231

Jigain.8231

Pc crashing is one thing Game crashing is another… OP is having problems with his pc in general and his friend as far as I understand is suffering from game crash there is the confusion.

In fairness, there are countless threads interspersed throughout the Tech Support subforum where people are reporting the same symptoms: the entire computer crashes / hangs / shuts down while playing GW2 and GW2 only. I have the same issue myself, if I play my thief. I think most of us just kind of get used to the idea though – I’m fortunate in that I can still play all my other characters without issues.

This post may contain a high concentration of sarcasm and irony.
If you are allergic to these ingredients, do not consume.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Ljiona,
Please stop posts like this. From your history you are currently too griefed to see reality. This has happened to me sometimes as well. The game functions as normal and there is not a problem that Arenanet has to fix or even can fix. They can’t fix networklag (unless it is the final part of the line to their servers) and they can’t fix your computer.

If you want to be helped please make a thread here explaining your problem, include your own hardware setup and the errorcodes your recieve.

At the moment you are griefed to such a point you are risking being locked out of here while your problem might very well be solved if you just ask help.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: Delgan.8619

Delgan.8619

Seriously…

After serveral hours shut down your PC and go outside, take a break and give the thing a chance to breathe!

Delgan Cortex – Mesmer Lv80
Guild: N/A
Seafarer’s Rest – EU

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

+1
Normally ANet not responds to any of our Threads, in my language board they refuse to even say hi – although it has been on page 1 for more than a week. “I don’t see it, it doesn’t exist” or so.

The only ‘good’ thing I noticed by now: By every new build/patch, the number of ‘victims’ increases. I have a dream, that one day we are 30 % of the community. Then they can no longer ignore us.

Keep up the good work.

(And YES, we already tried the trivial problem-solutions. Few of us even reinstalled windows some times or downgraded the frequency of their GC)

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

(edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870)