Dx9\Dx9Tex.cpp(1154) Error

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Orangejoose.6149

Orangejoose.6149

Brand new comp, i5-3570, 8gb ram, gtx660, up to date nvidia driver and up to date dx.

Preceded by seconds of impressive slow-motion artifacting after 60fps constantly and overall windows 8 meltdown (1fps processing ability) before forced shutdown

Assertion: (m_dims.x == highResDims.x >> 1) && (m_dims.y == highResDims.y >> 1)
File: ..\..\..\Engine\Gr\Dx9\Dx9Tex.cpp(1154)

Attachments:

Posted by: Monque.1375

Monque.1375

Hello,

I just saw your post regarding the Dx9\Dx9Tex.cpp(1154) Error in GW2. I got the same graphic card and I have the same error message.

Have you ever figured out the root cause for this error? My GW2 crashes randomly every 1 to 15min. and it’s unplayable…

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Monque

Posted by: redgabber.5209

redgabber.5209

—> Crash <—

Same here… very annoying, i can’t play

Posted by: indiramourning.6432

indiramourning.6432

—> Crash <—

Same error here. I’ve found that this error occurs more in certain areas of the game. I avoid those areas and I crash much less. The crash starts with the game freezing followed shortly by crashing to the “Submit Error Report” dialog. I’ve had some luck Alt+Tabbing out of the game when it freezes, then Alt+Tabbing back into the game and it unfreezes and is playable again. So I can prevent the crash if I’m fast enough.

Posted by: KellionBane.4956

KellionBane.4956

Just had this error myself… At Teq… Been running him for weeks just fine. No idea what could be causing this.

The Guilded Coffer is recruiting. Send me a mail in game, if you wish to join for mindless PVE fun.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Game-crashing-computer-at-random-intervals/page/3

This thread started a year ago, talks about the exact same issue. However the only “solution” I could find was to run the game in windowed mode. I suppose you could try that and see what happenes. But I’ll try to keep looking.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Also I’ve seen several people saying that running in XP compatibility mode has worked, as well as reverting back to nvidia 314 drivers, as the 320 drivers were causing the problem.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”