FPS Issues [merged]

FPS Issues [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: FaceYourFear.6902

FaceYourFear.6902

@wauwi

While I don’t doubt there are optimization problems with the game, you are just feeding the troll more. Given the laptop he is trying to play GW2 on I’m not sure he will understand half of what you wrote (most of which is good).

I feel for you as well if you are getting the performance you mention on your rig. Have you also tried an SSD? My rig is an Ivy Bridge i5 3570k @ 4.7Ghgz +16GB RAM + Vertex4 + GTX 670 OC and although I don’t get what the troll you mentioned gets, most things except the recent one time events are extremely playable. I compared the performance I was getting to my partner’s PC (Core2Duo + GTX275) and the difference was laggy and horrible (mine) vs almost completely unplayable. Yet she managed to get some eggs in the first event where I could not! Go figure..

Edit: several of the posts above mine are the reasons I went with an 3570k and overclocked it instead of an expensive i7. The extra cores and hyperthreading are indeed wasted on most games, no point kittening about it, GW2 is not unique in this regard and games that might take advantage of it are the rare exception. Welcome to the console era of PC gaming!

(edited by FaceYourFear.6902)

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Aspar.7285

Aspar.7285

Its one of the many issues with Dynamic Shadows afaik
games like Skyrim use a delay on shadows to prevent them completely nuking framerates, but Fable 3….. shadows would absolutely nuke the game on anything less than a GTX 480.

That is acceptable and logical. Shadows nuking frame rate, relevant to the GPU is a better situation. Many things can contribute to that and are directly related to shadow quality, larger resolution, big kernel when filtering…etc. But that is related to the process of the shadowing itself. I think the problem in GW2 is with the building of the shadow map, hence the CPU limit on the shadows, as when building the shadow map, the GPU work is very light.

There are some really strange things in GW2. Even looking straight into the sky, rendering a simple skybox or skydome (i think they use the latter) on a SLI system with 4+ghz 2+ cores CPU doesn’t give you huge FPS like 400-500. So it’s hard to say they have too high DIP count too, which could be the case to some extend but then, when looking into the sky, rendering only one simple object + several GUI elements should in no way be a problem with a DIP count and the FPS on a high end system should skyrocket.
They may have problems with net code even, slowing down the whole render cycle, too many logic updates on the surrounding world…who knows.
There are hundreds upon hundreds of factors that can contribute to the overall low FPS and CPU bottleneck in the game.
This is such a complex piece of software that all we can do is guess. I think the developers of the game are well aware and are doing their best to improve it, but it’s just extremely complex so we have to be a bit more patient

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

@FaceYourFear
i don’t “feed the troll”
i’m trying to help…as i said, chances are he got nice framerates during the beta
but now it already launched and really is “massively multiplayer”
he won’t run it perfectly on maxed out graphics, no doubt but i said at least 30FPS or higher should be possible
my little brother’s PC got a GTS8800 and an old pentium dual core OC’ed @2,9Ghz and was able to play GW2 on medium settings at 30FPS (now he’s playing at around 20…but he doesn’t really care…so :/ )
and OP’s system is quite more powerful

btw…GW2 is installed on a SSD (OCZ Vertex 60GB 6GB/s) but it doesn’t affect the framerate that much (well…depends on which kind of HDD you compare it to)
but it highly increases the loading times and reduces stuttering caused by drive-to-ram buffering

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

You didn’t post where you are measuring FPS and how much it drops etc.

Monitor your GPU/CPU usage, disk activity and task manager processes when you notice the drops occuring. Might give some clues.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Nyx.8193

Nyx.8193

A lot of ppl have performance problems, all i can say for now.

i5-4690k | Z97-A | Fury 16GB | GTX 970 Strix SLI
850 Evo 128GB/250GB | Caviar Black 1TB | G-650
Essence STX | Define R5 | 2x U2312HM

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Ighten Hill.5038

Ighten Hill.5038

Is your fps actually dropping or is this down to stuttering thats appeared (seems to have happened for me since the last update but one).

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Kouen Hasuki.5306

Kouen Hasuki.5306

Any staff want to let us know if this is a known issue?

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Ocelot.3148

Ocelot.3148

Ok :

Cpu,Gpu usage are pretty normal all the time
Temperature of both too
Disk activity seems normal.

Fps depending from where I am for example :

When i enter in WvW is around 30-55 in empty spaces, like 18-22 when in fight.
In LA around 15-18 usually
In PvE around 50-55.

I’ve got those FPS before problems occuring but now is almost 10-15 fps all over the places and without any reason.
Tried all-above tips.
Is not a dropping fps is constant dps drop,stable now at 10-15 or less from last few days of patches.

Anyway my major problem now occur when I move the camera/looking :
IF i go forward nothing happens, BUT if i turn left & right or around with my mouse o directional key ….. The fps drop is massive or how can I explain?
When i turn my looking/camera the game start to go incredibly slow like as he’s not capable of this data transfer, and then while turning start again to go faster.

After those informations i can provide, is my Desktop-PC something wrong in his build?

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Umbra Unu.4260

Umbra Unu.4260

Ok :

Cpu,Gpu usage are pretty normal all the time
Temperature of both too
Disk activity seems normal.

Fps depending from where I am for example :

When i enter in WvW is around 30-55 in empty spaces, like 18-22 when in fight.
In LA around 15-18 usually
In PvE around 50-55.

I’ve got those FPS before problems occuring but now is almost 10-15 fps all over the places and without any reason.
Tried all-above tips.
Is not a dropping fps is constant dps drop,stable now at 10-15 or less from last few days of patches.

Anyway my major problem now occur when I move the camera/looking :
IF i go forward nothing happens, BUT if i turn left & right or around with my mouse o directional key ….. The fps drop is massive or how can I explain?
When i turn my looking/camera the game start to go incredibly slow like as he’s not capable of this data transfer, and then while turning start again to go faster.

After those informations i can provide, is my Desktop-PC something wrong in his build?

This is my exact experience as well.

omniscient omnipotent omnipresent without judgement

FPS Issues [merged]

Ocelot.3148

So…what? Hoping in somekind of GOD or praying for something.
Cause i’ve read all the whole forum and no clue about those specific problem.

FPS Issues [merged]

kirito.4138

Is the CPU & GPU running at the right clock speed?

Try a clean install of windows, display driver and gw2. Install nothing else, and see if you experience the same FPS.

Try re-seating your video card and ram.

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Cipher.5680

Cipher.5680

about a week ago mine was at 51 FPS but in the last few day i get 25 FPS on auto detection

Ive have i5 2500 3.30Ghz Turbo 3.70, 8GB DDR3, Asus GTX 550ti

if i turn render sampling to subsample i get 51 FPS with the games blurred and if its negative i get 25 FPS

i run the game in 1080

this was not a problem before the games was running on auto detection medium setting with anti aliasing at 51 FPS but in the last week its being 18FPS, 25FPS, 35FPS up and down

i dont want to play anymore because of the graphics unless i can get render sampling back to negative at 50 FPS

(edited by Cipher.5680)

FPS Issues [merged]

Ocelot.3148

If you read my post, i’ve already tried a clean install of OS and gw2 and drivers.
Yes i re-seatted both Ram and Video Card.
Idk about the “right” clock speed on Cpu and Gpu, but i didnt change anything “there”

Im so bored if the solution is an “already-done” clean install of OS and gw2…i just did it like 3days ago…but if this is ur suggest ill do it again..but i guess nothing will change

FPS Issues [merged]

kirito.4138

Yea, i know you said you formatted, but who knows if you installed anything else like antivirus or what not that could be doing something. Going down to the lowest denominator helps narrow down troubleshooting. So many variables with software configurations.

Lookup your cpu/gpu’s clock speed info. Use HwINFO or MSI afterburner tool to monitor the clock speed.

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: mofoze.7312

mofoze.7312

i have an ati radeon hd 5700 series and the memory clock is at 1160mhz.
try to put your to 1200mhz

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: warrior shapper.6502

warrior shapper.6502

I have had the same issue it only seems to be happening on the lost shores and lions arch, even when there is no one online at 4am GMT.
this has only just started after the lost shores was introduced into the game,since i was playing before the event then i went away for weekend came back to this.

I run auto detect on my rig and I get high on everything and am only getting between 14-19 fps.if i run best performance it goes up to 30-33 fps.
I used to be getting 56-60 fps everywhere, other than wvw and then the drop makes me sad
i wouldnt say my rig is bad and cant play because i been able to ahve all the settings on max before and the fps was still around 60
specs
i5 2500k 4.2ghz CPU
16gb DDR£31600mhz RAM
ATI 7950 3gb OC GPU
Game is ran off an SSD
and the power options is high from a 1kw psu

i thought it was to do with power was on energy saving but still the same i can get an extra 10 fps in those 2 places if i O.C my gpu to its limit

I even spent the time making sure my computers hardware was all up to date

Is there going to be a fix for this soon?

Dream Rider [ART]
Art of Skills Desolation EU
Warrior shapper.6502

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

i have an ati radeon hd 5700 series and the memory clock is at 1160mhz.
try to put your to 1200mhz

Great random overclock advice without even bothering to read his dxdiag….. Gw2 crashes with an ntdll.exe error,radeonpro.exe same,flashplayer crashes also alot.Repair your windows installation,revert back to a previous time or do a complete reinstall of windows.

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Mac.1936

Mac.1936

First of all, you have DDR3 RAM, 4 and 5 don’t exist other than GDDR for vid cards.

Second, why is your graphics card over 60% usage before you start the game?

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: WolfpackEE.8601

WolfpackEE.8601

Ok, I thought this was just me and an ISP issue. Since Sunday I’ve had awful lag and will constantly get client disconnects. The game is pretty much unplayable

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Nitro.4732

Nitro.4732

Ecidemon — here is a screenshot from MSI Afterburner

Hi Propeller,

In the screen shot you can clearly see that the GPU is getting hotter that 100c (as shown by the green graph line maxing out at the top of the graph) as the graph only goes to 100c you may actually be running at higher tempperatures.

This is an issue as usually after the 100c mark graphics card thermal protection activates to protect the card. This usually means under-clocking the graphics card to throttle its speed and to lower its temperatures. If this is what has happened then it would explain the 8-12fps in game.

the 5900 series is a few generation old now, it may be a good idea to have a look over you graphics card and perhaps apply some time into maintenance (i.e. Apply new thermal paste / pads, clean heatsink and fans, verify fans are fully operational. You could also create a custom fan profile in afterburner to apply more aggressive fan speeds to help keep temperatures under control.)

I hope this is helps you, good luck.

CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 | H110i | AMD Ryzen R7 1800x 4.0GHz | 32GB DDR4
512GB Samsung 950pro | 2TB SATA-3 | AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Mac.1936

Mac.1936

It didn’t go over 68 degrees. Fan didn’t go over 27%. You might be looking at GPU Usage.

FPS Issues [merged]

wauwi.9162

Ecidemon — here is a screenshot from MSI Afterburner

Hi Propeller,

In the screen shot you can clearly see that the GPU is getting hotter that 100c (as shown by the green graph line maxing out at the top of the graph) as the graph only goes to 100c you may actually be running at higher tempperatures.

it’s not his temps which are going up to 100, it’s the usage…
his temps are fine

@Propeller:
try deleting your “local.dat”, located at “/my documents/Guild Wars 2” and the “Gw2.tmp” located at the game’s installation directory
if this doesn’t help, try reinstalling GW2 completely

make sure it’s not your network settings and check if any power saving measurements are enabled

make sure no other program slows down GW2, perform a “clean boot” (google it, if you don’t know how to do so) and run GW2 to make sure no other application is affecting it

also, make sure rendersampling is set to “native”, reflections are turned off and shadows are set to medium

(edited by wauwi.9162)

FPS Issues [merged]

wauwi.9162

looks like the fixed it a little bit…have ateady 60FPS now at “native” rendersampling
tho, i had to set everything to max performance at the nvidia CP…-_-’
“oh hi there aliasing effect, how’s it goin’?”

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Sufyan.3601

Sufyan.3601

Exact same problem here. I already noticed this problem a few days ago:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/A-lot-lower-FPS-since-last-patch-es/first#post804349

You can try the thing from my last post in there. It worked for me a little while. After logging in today, however, the game is running horribly again.

FPS Issues [merged]

Ocelot.3148

No sir…
Formatted again, installed only gw2, still same issues.
Tomorrow ill do a test/monitor with MSI afterburner and let you know.
Till now i have no clue about the problem.
And still don’t know if my pc-build is proper enough, but should, since till now all worked nicely.
If u have any “new” tips i will really appreciate.

Regards.

FPS Issues [merged]

wauwi.9162

those PvE framerates sounds pretty normal to me at the current situation
and if you are at LA, did you checked your FPS while on the overflow server?

anyways,
1: set rendersampling to “native”, reduce shadows & reflections
2: disable all windows visuals (optimal way: rightclick your GW2 shortcut, go to properties —> compatibility and check the two “disable visuals” options, that you’ll see – now, everytime you launch GW2, some designs and aero peek will be disabled until you close it)
3: check your network connection (a helpful tool to optimize your connectivity, called “TCP Optimizer” might help you to reduce the ping)
4: make sure that no power saving settings are enabled
5: perform a “clean boot” (google it) and then run GW2 and check it’s performance, to exclude the possibility of another application slowing the game down
if you notice a big boost of performance after doing “5”, track down which program possibly slows down GW2

FPS Issues [merged]

Sufyan.3601

More performance issues, by more people. The threads just keep piling on.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/A-lot-lower-FPS-since-last-patch-es/first#post804349
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Large-FPS-Loss-since-last-patch-as-of-20-11/first#post826575
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Lagg-issues

It’s not a one person, one specific computer setup issue. It’s a real and serious issue, affecting more people.

FPS Issues [merged]

Ocelot.3148

those PvE framerates sounds pretty normal to me at the current situation
and if you are at LA, did you checked your FPS while on the overflow server?

anyways,
1: set rendersampling to “native”, reduce shadows & reflections
2: disable all windows visuals (optimal way: rightclick your GW2 shortcut, go to properties —> compatibility and check the two “disable visuals” options, that you’ll see – now, everytime you launch GW2, some designs and aero peek will be disabled until you close it)
3: check your network connection (a helpful tool to optimize your connectivity, called “TCP Optimizer” might help you to reduce the ping)
4: make sure that no power saving settings are enabled
5: perform a “clean boot” (google it) and then run GW2 and check it’s performance, to exclude the possibility of another application slowing the game down
if you notice a big boost of performance after doing “5”, track down which program possibly slows down GW2

Dude you simply don’t read my post and my test.
Did all you suggested and not.
Even disabled all aero peek visual on my pc aswell.
And not is not a ping issues so i dnt need any wtfast or tcp tools.
Did a clean-boot aswell, nothing slowing my gw2.exe

The last thing i miss to do is to post some MSI Afterburner test.
Nothing else is wrong with my pc/build/settings/power save management or kitten.

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: zectra.6978

zectra.6978

Today I randomly updated my AMD CCC because I hadn’t done it for a couple weeks. To my surprise on logging into GW2, on character select screen I had an unbearable lag, with terrible fps around 1-2 just in this screen. Logging fully into the game no difference, totally unplayable. What is causing this?

I normally play the game perfectly fine on high settings with 45-60 fps.

[APS][NV]Vasnia, Commander
Fort Aspenwood

FPS Issues [merged]

Sufyan.3601

FPS Issues [merged]

zectra.6978

Well this is interesting because, this didn’t happen after the patch. I played this morning just great and dandy. Only after updating my AMD CCC did this occur. I guess I will just have to revert for now.

Fort Aspenwood

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: mathisk.6427

mathisk.6427

What procedure did you use to update your video driver? Did you do a full uninstall of the previous driver and clean up any remaining files before installing the new version? Did you install over the previous version? Did you update the entire driver package or just the CCC portion?

After you noticed the FPS drop, did you try going back to the previous version to see if that fixed the problem?

And just in case there might be issues with a specific version of the drivers, what was your previous version and what version did you update to?

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: ecidemon.6408

ecidemon.6408

the stuttering you notice when turning is when the graphics card loads and cache new resources such as other players who previously wasn’t there or buildings etc.

I usually get this too after switching from fullscreen window mode to fullscreen, but goes away after a turn or two once everything has been “seen”.
Now in static environments you don’t get this as much as you would imagine, but LA is anything but static.

Im inclined to say it isn’t a bug or any fault of your machine. You tend to see similar things in other games as well, in particular mmo’s with lots of players.

FPS Issues [merged]

zectra.6978

I patched over my previous 12.8 and updated to 12.10. I have not yet tried reverting to the previous version yet, but I am sure it will fix it. Thanks for the help guys!

Edit: Clean uninstall & Revert back to 12.8 confirmed fix. Guess I don’t get to update my graphics drivers.

Fort Aspenwood

(edited by zectra.6978)

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: mathisk.6427

mathisk.6427

I think many folks are using 12.10 without problems, so it shouldn’t be a driver issue. It’s likely that installing 12.10 over 12.8 caused the problem by not properly overwriting some of the driver files. At a minimum, you should always uninstall the previous driver suite before installing an updated driver.

The best way to update drivers is to uninstall the current driver, reboot, run a program like driversweeper or CCleaner to make sure all the driver files have been removed from your system, then install the new driver.

Also, depending on what graphics card you have, you may not see many/any benefits to upgrading drivers. Most of the new ATI drivers are focusing on optimizing the driver for the newer 6000 and 7000 series of cards. The 5000 series and older don’t usually get any updates in the newest drivers since they’ve been around for so long and are about as optimized and bug-fixed as they can get.

You might also need to do the “delete the local.dat file” trick to make sure that GW2 isn’t getting hung up on something weird.

(edited by mathisk.6427)

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: DanielByron.3849

DanielByron.3849

Duuude…I got all excited when I saw this cos I was pretty sure the lag got bad after updating my drivers…I rolled back but I’m still geting 1-5 fps

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: DanielByron.3849

DanielByron.3849

I reinstalled my drivers, in fact I tried the previous version as well. Still getting about 1-5 fps on high settings and about 6-13 on low settings. I’ve reformated and reinstalled windows as well. I tried my old nvidia 9800gtx+ as well, no improvment

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Kouen Hasuki.5306

Kouen Hasuki.5306

I’m noticing staff are avoiding these low fps since last patch threads -.- Would have rather had some sort of official word even if it was a copy / paste “read this thread” one.

Starting to feel like I have thrown my money away buying 2 Digi Deluxe and about 4000 Gems…

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: xectionnine.4107

xectionnine.4107

This game build using old directx 9 API, it’s not optimized on newer graphic card performance, as far as i read from this forum specially on amd 6/7k series, there’s also numerous issue found in newer nvidia cards. Everyone keep telling your CPU is bottlenecking, upgrade your card and OCs the hell out of it, that’s pure bs! Tell me, hd7970 dc2t intel i7-3770t 3,7gh, 8gb mem win7 64bit at max/med/ settings 1080p got 35-45fps WITH massive stutter in PvE low dense mob area, wow why? in WvWvW it’s suicide! Think this, if this game requires to reinstall OS and doing lots of lots of lots of tweaking here and there on a 1000$+ rig you’ve invested to reach comfort level fps with no stutter/spike, well personally i say it’s not my rig fault. This game build using old API which is bad at multithread and basically hurting newer rig performances.

(edited by xectionnine.4107)

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Rampage.7145

Rampage.7145

Do this, buy a compressed air can, open ur case unplug everything from ur memory slots, and PCI ports, then use the compressed air on ur componets to clean out the dust, clean the internal connectors of ur PCI express slots, also clean ur video card gold connector, do the same with ur memory. Dust can be tricky i have 6 sytems at home and have to do that to 3 of them experiencing the same issue, all of them have a problem with the PCI e connector working at x2 or x4 instead x16 due the dust. 2 intel 1155 boards and an AMD Am3+ board paired with 2 AMD cards and 1 Nvidia card, i resolved the issue doing this on every case. Also tested BF3 run perfect at x2 bus speed, and many other games but GW2 had horrific FPS, so uf u have a dusty PCI slot u probably won’t notice the issue playing other games.

(edited by Rampage.7145)

FPS Issues [merged]

Ocelot.3148

Do this, buy a compressed air can, open ur case unplug everything from ur memory slots, and PCI ports, then use the compressed air on ur componets to clean out the dust, clean the internal connectors of ur PCI express slots, also clean ur video card gold connector, do the same with ur memory. Dust can be tricky i have 6 sytems at home and have to do that to 3 of them experiencing the same issue, all of them have a problem with the PCI e connector working at x2 or x4 instead x16 due the dust. 2 intel 1155 boards and an AMD Am3+ board paired with 2 AMD cards and 1 Nvidia card, i resolved the issue doing this on every case.

^This is pointless, was under the routine maintenance i do to my PC.
^^ This is a serious FPS issues related someway to drivers (im pretty sure not) or some adjustement made in latest patch, Not related to “dust” on my PCI or somekind of in-game settings.
As i said i did all of those trick, and the new format OS with 12.10 and 12.11 drivers made no change afterall.
Till i see some serious tip i will hope in some Staff-response, since im not the only one experiencing this issue.

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Balvy.4361

Balvy.4361

Tech forum is still full of a lot tech expert wannabes offering useless shopping advise or throughout hardware resets. We have done nothing wrong with our side of game client! Just because your game still runs normally doesn’t mean you have the knowledge to “correct” us. Reinstall an entire system both software and hardware wise because of a problem caused by a game patch, how genius.

Get a clue from all these posts please. There are several problems happening to a rather large scale of people after the stupid patches. People came to post here hoping to get official responses and solutions asap because it’s very obvious something wrong with the game programming.

FPS Issues [merged]

Ocelot.3148

Yea, i know you said you formatted, but who knows if you installed anything else like antivirus or what not that could be doing something. Going down to the lowest denominator helps narrow down troubleshooting. So many variables with software configurations.

Lookup your cpu/gpu’s clock speed info. Use HwINFO or MSI afterburner tool to monitor the clock speed.

Ok, im not experienced about those cpu speed/clock or gpu.
Just took some screenshot with HWinfo and MSI open.

• I was logged in WvW in a empty space close to the base.

There is something wrong in this values? Maybe 90-99% gpu usage almost always even doing nothing there?

MSI Afterburner :
http://i50.tinypic.com/2gsfy9x.jpg

HWinfo64bit :
1) http://i46.tinypic.com/5zb7a.jpg
2) http://i46.tinypic.com/b6ssk9.jpg

I hope those screen can be usefull.
Regards.

FPS Issues [merged]

Rampage.7145

Well i don’t think is the last patch either, i mean game performance have decresed slowlly patch after patch, but really not noticeable performance drop (from 30 to 15 FPS). I have 6 systems at home one of them a phenom II@3.9Ghz and it performs ok in LA 28-70 FPS, that one is paired with a radeon 6970, in PVE i see up to 140 FPS hardlly drops below 50 FPS. So i don’t think staff will answer this since for most ppl the game is performing ok. Performance is not great no matter what system u have, that is a fact, but also the performance havn’t droped from 50 to 15 FPS in the last week. So there must be some kind of issue with ur hardware man.

FPS Issues [merged]

Posted by: Aspar.7285

Aspar.7285

Your problem is probably connected with run time data loading, hence the fps drop when turning around.
Several things i could point you to:
1. NEVER EVER after the era of P4 and the epic Athlons, even think about using AMD CPU for gaming – they simply suck these days. Unless something drastically changes, AMD is a bad CPU for intensive gaming and doesn’t seem like Intel will drop the ball in the near future.
2. I noticed your OS and the game are on the same disk. Unless they are on SSD this is bad. In your specs you don’t say if it is SSD, just 250gb.
3. Get more RAM and turn off swap file, many ppl don’t even know they can do this, but this single step can lead to huge boost in some areas of your system performance, especially connected with disk usage, ESPECIALLY if your run the OS and the game from the same disk. It is good to have at least 6GB ram for this, or you can have software crashing, when out of RAM.
4. Overclock your CPU (on your own responsibility, this may be risky, so do it at your own risk and read before (if) you do it). GW2 benefits from high CPU speed most.

FPS Issues [merged]

Rampage.7145

Your problem is probably connected with run time data loading, hence the fps drop when turning around.
Several things i could point you to:
1. NEVER EVER after the era of P4 and the epic Athlons, even think about using AMD CPU for gaming – they simply suck these days. Unless something drastically changes, AMD is a bad CPU for intensive gaming and doesn’t seem like Intel will drop the ball in the near future.
2. I noticed your OS and the game are on the same disk. Unless they are on SSD this is bad. In your specs you don’t say if it is SSD, just 250gb.
3. Get more RAM and turn off swap file, many ppl don’t even know they can do this, but this single step can lead to huge boost in some areas of your system performance, especially connected with disk usage, ESPECIALLY if your run the OS and the game from the same disk. It is good to have at least 6GB ram for this, or you can have software crashing, when out of RAM.
4. Overclock your CPU (on your own responsibility, this may be risky, so do it at your own risk and read before (if) you do it). GW2 benefits from high CPU speed most.

I don’t understand why ppl who don’t even read the post, or have any knoleadge about hardware bother to answer and post trash in this forum. If u have no idea how hardware works then go post somewhere away from the tech section please.

FPS Issues [merged]

Ocelot.3148

They are not SSD, just normal HDD.

• maybe you’re right about AMD CPU but dnt forget i’ve never had those issues b4, in gw2 or bf3 or whatever
  • same for OS and GW2 in the same disk
  • same for ram

Why this happens NOW after 2weeks or over patching the game?
Guess is not related to me since im always playing normally.

Can you tell me soemthing about my values on screenshot? There is something wrong there?

Thanks

FPS Issues [merged]

Rampage.7145

Man i had the same issue and it was related to the PCI-e slot bus speed check it on GPU-z. i just cleaned and it worked, but may be u have a different problem, but check on that cuz i have the same Video card paired with a similar CPU and it hardlly reach 80% load and that is at 80+ FPS.

Same issue with FPS with 3 different cards HD 7950 HD 6950 and gtx 550ti, all had issues with the PCI-e bus speed, showed 99% load in afterburner and FPS were at 15-25. It has nothing to do with the patches.

(edited by Rampage.7145)

FPS Issues [merged]

Ocelot.3148

Downloaded GPU-z too.
I can confirm that when im logged in the gpu’s usage is 95-99% all the time.
There is somekind of wrong values inside above screenshot? Like clock or speed or something else over GPU’s usage or is all right except that?

FPS Issues [merged]

Sufyan.3601

As said, more people are having this issue since a few days.
It’s not a specific hardware related issue like dust or loose connectors, seeing that the issue spontaneously occurred to multiple people, who, before this, did not have this problem.

(edited by Sufyan.3601)