Official response on the Lag issues please?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Deaths Sensei.5317

Deaths Sensei.5317

will anything get done about this? so many different people same problem.

I only experience this issue on Eternal Battlegrounds, PvE & Boarderland maps are all fine, but soon as im on EB, i get stuttering lag, followed by Error7/disconnect.
Not my network/pc/isp. issue is clearly on your end. (also submitting -diag report ticket)

Posted by: Dannz.2490

Dannz.2490

Got the same response. Packet loss, “the server is always right” and “loss of data is happening prior to it reaching our game servers, you will need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance”
It’s not my ISP as the loss of data is happening outside my ISP.
10-30% loss at ip.att.net (not my ISP)
and 40%-100% loss when it reaches 64.25.32 range (Anet servers)

as it is happening ONLY WITH GW2, from different countries (Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina and even UK) and different ISPs within the same country. I think Anet needs to check it as it is affecting its customers!

i see 4 options for us.
1. wait to see if the problem solves itself the same way it just appeared
2. play on calm hours (after 1am here aprox)
3. use a vpn/tunnel service
4. move on from GW2

Posted by: Zerbo.5381

Zerbo.5381

It’s happening in Germany, France, Australia, Poland and even the US also- probably even more places. Those are just some locations off the top of my head from reading people’s responses. That’s a lot of different ISPs all with the same problem showing info packet loss at the same IP addresses (usually outside Wichita, Kansas) located in the US right before connecting with Anet’s direct servers in Washington state…
I doubt they know what’s going on. Or they do know, but it would be too expensive and/or time-consuming to bother fixing.

Posted by: Savage.9150

Savage.9150

I’ve been having the worst connection issues I’ve ever experienced in any MMO I’ve ever played over these past 3 weeks. I thought this was something specific to me, but seeing as this thread is over 2 weeks old and given the amount of posts about this issue, clearly that isn’t the case.

I understand how complex an issue this can be considering how many factors are involved on both sides of this game. ISPs and computers don’t seem to be the issue given the responses on here, which says it’s something with the servers. I don’t mind dealing with lag if I can be given a reason to expect it. My game and clearly many many others is completely unplayable. I’ve timed my skill delay up to 2 minutes and then I’d be kicked from the server. Sometimes I’m kicked multiple times within a 10 minute time frame.

As of writing this, the thread is 23 days old and the last response prior to mine was 11 hours ago. I’d expect some sort of hypothesis at the least as to what could be causing this. I get not having a solution, but why is it A-net can’t give us an idea of what they are doing to resolve this problem. I don’t want to stop playing Guild Wars 2, but what choice am I going to have if this is the fate of my account?

I’m in Los Angeles,CA, Charter is my ISP and I play on the Crystal Desert server.

Please give us something to hope for. I don’t want to quit Guild Wars, but if this doesn’t get fixed I’ll have no choice.

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I was having packet loss issues 2 weeks ago. I wouldn’t have even noticed with regular web surfing because of buffering and redundancies. With GW2 though, you notice instantly.

I contacted my cable company three times. They actually ended up sending out two crews. One to my home and a road crew. They said they were having back end issues. A friend who lives a block away was having the issues too. But, for good measure I replaced the modem and router anyway.

It’s been working great thus far. That’s until reset in WvW 9 hrs ago. That’s a server issue for certain since it’s not happening in any other portion of the game.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Blackros.5670

Blackros.5670

Guys, i’ve been playing GW2 for like a half a year without a prob, but around late january i started to have some strange lag spikes everybody here is talking about.

Important message: ONLY Guild Wars 2 has this issue. No other game, and i mean NONE. So please do not turn us down with “ISP problems” cause it’s not.

EDIT: Just look at the Packet loss only at ncservers…i get to Frankfurt with like 4% PacketLoss and then downright 100% at plaync..

ISP: O2 Telefónica
Server: Aurora Glade

Attachments:

(edited by Blackros.5670)

Posted by: Vermilion Knight.8749

Vermilion Knight.8749

I am too suffering from lag and rubber banding since the 1st of July.

It happens at different times and affects WvW, PvE and PvP.

Here is a printscreen of a PingPlotter test I did: http://i.imgur.com/ATHHhNU.jpg

ISP: Sky Broadband
Server: Gandara

Attachments:

Posted by: Ramirez.3120

Ramirez.3120

Terrible lag issues every evening this week, no consistent start time, but rubber banding and 2-3 second skill lag happens. Has happened in LA, dungeon instances, world zones, WvW and PVP. There’s no escaping it…

ISP: O2 Broadband
Server: Desolation

Attachments:

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

Same as Ramirez above, terrible lag and rubber banding in WvW the last few days.
WvW is becoming completely unplayable.I had no problems when two zergs met.
Now running with only 20 players they teleport back and forth.A small battle becomes a slide show.

Nice to know it is not just me suffering this.

ISP: O2 Broadband
Server: Desolation

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

Posted by: Ash.5274

Ash.5274

Another UK player experiencing lag issues. Of late I’ve had a lot of rubber-banding and skill activation delay in WvWvW, while everything runs like a dream in PVE. Now its happening in dungeons; rubber-banding, skill lag, and disconnects, yet in PVE no problems at all. What really sucks is I’ve just decided to start running dungeons after shying away from them before now, but if the lag and rubber-banding persists then so much for that idea.

ISP: Orange/EE
Server: Piken Square

Posted by: Clexzor.6351

Clexzor.6351

lol this game has such terrible server/networking setup…worst ive prly ever seen. Reminds me of 2003 days lolssss

Posted by: Dannz.2490

Dannz.2490

Here is a list of ISPs and locations suffering from lag since the last patch
it’s from the Latin America lag issues topic.

• Brazil
    Ajato, Oi Velox, Net
  • Argentina
    Fibertel, Telefonica
  • Puerto Rico
    Liberty Cable
  • Chile
    Movistar
  • Paraguay
    Copaco
  • Dominican Republic
  • Colombia
  • UK
    SKY Broadband, Orange/EE, O2
  • Australia
    iinet Cable

join the party, add your ISP if it’s not on the list.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I don’t think are multiple servers. I think the current system is a variation of the district system that gw1 had.

Posted by: Rodrigo.9247

Rodrigo.9247

Impossible to play, please add my ISP.

ISP: Telesp (Telefonica)
Server: DarkHaven

Posted by: Tyrion.4173

Tyrion.4173

Still getting insane lag. It depends on times, I can play during the day but at peak times like the evening, play at CERTAIN places, becomes impossible, namely Claw of Jormag, or Shadow Behemoth. This extends to WvW, WvW consistently remains a place I cannot possible go due ridiculous amounts of skill delay. Sometimes, the main battleground is fairly alright, but the jumping puzzle is impossible.

Also, I’m in the UK, under Be Unlimited. I believe that’s not on the list. My server is Desolation.

(edited by Tyrion.4173)

Posted by: Vermilion Knight.8749

Vermilion Knight.8749

Temporary FIX: I started using WTFast VPN and it works just fine. There is a free 30 day trial.

Posted by: Shen.1750

Shen.1750

I tried using WTFast earlier and it didint fix the problem for me :/

Posted by: Kyra.3871

Kyra.3871

Peaple did you hear what are you doing?

You buy a game and now that game have a issues and you need pay other service to play NORMAL ??
I think this is NOT god… I will NOT pay other service to play normal.. i will leave the game if this problem dont solved quicly.

Shen.1750

Neither will I, but since there’s a 1 month free trial its worth the attempt ;P

Posted by: trinketmage.9812

trinketmage.9812

Here is a list of ISPs and locations suffering from lag since the last patch
it’s from the Latin America lag issues topic.

• Brazil
    Ajato, Oi Velox, Net
  • Argentina
    Fibertel, Telefonica
  • Puerto Rico
    Liberty Cable
  • Chile
    Movistar
  • Paraguay
    Copaco
  • Dominican Republic
  • Colombia
  • UK
    SKY Broadband, Orange/EE, O2
  • Australia
    iinet Cable

join the party, add your ISP if it’s not on the list.

You can add
ISP: Tigo

Since the latest patch, i have the same lag problem… and is not my isp, since i can play other games (lol and wow) without any latency issue, and my download and upload are just fine.

Im a fresh 80 (bought the game 1 month ago, hit 80 today yay!) but i cant run dungeons or WvW with this problem

Posted by: Dalaen.1954

Dalaen.1954

Do you really think it’s ISP?

Come on ANet, play just ONE day on an European server. Not a whole week, not with 500 people. Just 1 day with 1 guy. And you will see what we call “lag”.

There’s not a single day without these lags, so believe me, just jump in the game, wait for a battle involving more than 100 people, and yell like everyone “Lag Wars”.

Again, this is not ISP related. I blocked the Waypoint on Lowlands with my friend all this weekend on EB. When it happened to be lags, skills took 4-5 seconds to pop (up to 30 seconds for your heal, so just run for your life if you experience it), the port blocking lasted more than 3 minutes.
And as always, after such a lag, there’s its counterpart: server speed. Very dangerous, as it reduces every ACD drastically (Aftercast Delay). You get burst instantly by anyone, especially NPC. Port blocking doesn’t last 3 minutes but a lot less (1.5/2 minutes).

Come on ArenaNet, read my post, and dare to tell me it’s ISP related again.
I think the port blocking times are enough evidences.

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Do you really think it’s ISP?

Come on ANet, play just ONE day on an European server. Not a whole week, not with 500 people. Just 1 day with 1 guy. And you will see what we call “lag”.

There’s not a single day without these lags, so believe me, just jump in the game, wait for a battle involving more than 100 people, and yell like everyone “Lag Wars”.

Again, this is not ISP related. I blocked the Waypoint on Lowlands with my friend all this weekend on EB. When it happened to be lags, skills took 4-5 seconds to pop (up to 30 seconds for your heal, so just run for your life if you experience it), the port blocking lasted more than 3 minutes.
And as always, after such a lag, there’s its counterpart: server speed. Very dangerous, as it reduces every ACD drastically (Aftercast Delay). You get burst instantly by anyone, especially NPC. Port blocking doesn’t last 3 minutes but a lot less (1.5/2 minutes).

Come on ArenaNet, read my post, and dare to tell me it’s ISP related again.
I think the port blocking times are enough evidences.

Same for me. I come today on EB, zerg meets zerg (30/30), and I cant use skills except autoattack.

Posted by: Antigono.1258

Antigono.1258

I had never had lag problems. Or at least not consistently.
Since the last patch is simply unplayable.
I can not call my ISP and tell “Mr. ISP, GW2 does not work well, please solve my problem”

1) they automatically I would say “we can not solve the problem with you,,,, game”.
2) it is the only thing on my pc that works with lag!

ISP: FIBERTEL
since the last patch.

I hope will be resolved soon, for now, only logging to see if the lag is gone.

Posted by: Tristam Green.9178

Tristam Green.9178

I’ve noticed this a lot since the Sky Pirates patch. Not going to add anything really, except my voice to the mix – ISP is TimeWarner Cable in the Charleston, SC area, and the skill lag I get in instanced PvE even is as bad as or worse than the skill lag we used to have at world bosses right after Guesting was introduced.

It’s aggravating because I can’t even hope to compete in WvW this way, and that’s the thing I look forward to the most in this game.

Treant Reznor (GRD) | Phizixx (ELE) | Peter J Quill (THF) | Ninnymonger (ENG) | Carduus Nox (NEC)

[CERN] When Zergs Collide – Tarnished Coast born n’ bred

Posted by: deady.4630

deady.4630

ISP: Telefonica

Attachments:

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Please, fix it soon. The game is just unplayable =/

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: Lycan.1689

Lycan.1689

I’ve only been playing a month, got to 80 yesterday and suddenly I’m all lagged out. Sucks.

I’d guess taking three seconds to get through auth1.101.ArenaNetworks.com isn’t supposed to happen?

Attachments:

Posted by: Vanillasoup.2305

Vanillasoup.2305

This has been a lag problem since day 1. One other in this house has an identical computer to my own, and the same internet, and can run it just fine. It runs well for a few seconds then lags terribly after that.

West Canada
Shaw
Sorrow’s Furnace

Posted by: Lawrencii.1356

Lawrencii.1356

Ticket sent.

Is really bad experience to play GW2 with this lag right now. Hope you guys can fixt it or give some answers.

¬ I A Euphy ¬ SoS ¬

Posted by: Fraco.1508

Fraco.1508

How do I submit one of these reports on a MAC?

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

Just found this page

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/

The Internet Traffic Report monitors the flow of data around the world. It then displays a value between zero and 100. Higher values indicate faster and more reliable connections.

south america seems to be lagging somewhere.

edit – at least it was ….this chart seems to be real time, I just saw south america at 72 when i posted this ..hrmm

edit 2 -

Here’s another one – http://www.internetpulse.net/

edit 3 –
and another

this one is cool! http://www.akamai.com/html/technology/dataviz1.html

OMG.. click on the attacks setting, there seems to be a war going on!!

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

(edited by Ricky.4706)

Posted by: HerzAs.8725

HerzAs.8725

Colombia is ETB, just got out of a tikcet:

Run Game Advisor
Run Ping Plotter

in every ticket answer made by myself i told thaht im not the only one with this lag problem, but the final answer is:

“you will need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance”

i also play a lot of steam games, battlefield 3 premium and the only game with lag is this one AFTER THE LAS PATCH…

please help! just quit gaming because it…. did my daily and lagragequit

Herz As Caliber Level 80 Warrior
Full CoF Set Kaineng
Los Magnificos ATM Guild

Posted by: Nyanergy.1506

Nyanergy.1506

Guayaquil, Ecuador
TV Cable
Server: Dragonbrand

Attachments:

Savage.9150

This post has been been up for almost an entire month concerning this issue. Why hasn’t Arena Net given us one idea to what could be causing this? I know this can be a complicated issue, but asking for one plausibility and how they think fixing it will happen is not asking for too much considering a month has past with no real response except asking for diagnostic reports. Have you concluded officially that it is not a server problem? Are you definite it is our computers or our ISP? We need to hear from you Arena Net, otherwise you’re gonna have a lot of people quitting the game simply because it’s become unplayable.

trinketmage.9812

This post has been been up for almost an entire month concerning this issue. Why hasn’t Arena Net given us one idea to what could be causing this? I know this can be a complicated issue, but asking for one plausibility and how they think fixing it will happen is not asking for too much considering a month has past with no real response except asking for diagnostic reports. Have you concluded officially that it is not a server problem? Are you definite it is our computers or our ISP? We need to hear from you Arena Net, otherwise you’re gonna have a lot of people quitting the game simply because it’s become unplayable.

For some os us, its already unplayable…
I dont only have 2-3 secs lag spikes, but suddenly the game just… freeze? stops? I dont mean “the program has stop responding”, but my character only stand there, channeling something forever and then… DISCONNECT! kicked to the character selection screen only to log back and find out im dead and have to pay repair

I really love gw2, its a fresh take of air considering im comming from 6 years of playing wow… but this, this is unbeareable
And the worst is, ANET is not even telling us that they are trying to fix this issue

Posted by: azarrel.1463

azarrel.1463

Hello guys! Probably some of you still have some problems with lag. Well I had that same problem, but a few days ago I opened a ticket and they started to help me. I did a lot of tests, system upgrades, some changes in my files and msconfig, and now I dont have any problem.

I was playing with 500ms when I had that lag, and now I’m playing with 130ms. I dont know if your problem is same as mine but I recommend open a ticket and follow their instructions.

I tested playing both PVE and PVP, and I got 130-150ms without any tunnel service during a high populated hour

I’m in Brazil and now I’m playing better than ever. I hope you guys can solve your problem as well. Good Luck and keep cool!

Shen.1750

Could you please enlighten us about some of those “changes in files” you talk about?

trinketmage.9812

Hello guys! Probably some of you still have some problems with lag. Well I had that same problem, but a few days ago I opened a ticket and they started to help me. I did a lot of tests, system upgrades, some changes in my files and msconfig, and now I dont have any problem.

I was playing with 500ms when I had that lag, and now I’m playing with 130ms. I dont know if your problem is same as mine but I recommend open a ticket and follow their instructions.

I tested playing both PVE and PVP, and I got 130-150ms without any tunnel service during a high populated hour

I’m in Brazil and now I’m playing better than ever. I hope you guys can solve your problem as well. Good Luck and keep cool!

If i used to play with good latency, and suddenly start to experience horrible lag spikes and even disconnects without making any modification to my system, i dont see how making changes to the windows config, system files, registry or anything that involves my OS configuration would solve the problem…

I DIDNT CHANGE ANYTHING IN ORDER TO GET THIS LAG! (all rage caps RAWR!)

Its different if they say “Yeah, we change some configuration in our port forwarding” or some savy tech kittenty excuse and we need to change some configuration on our operative system, but ANET is saying nothing on this regard

Im very glad for you Azarrel, but your fix looks like and issolated solution

Posted by: HerzAs.8725

HerzAs.8725

new patch, new content, achievement reward, old lag, awfull lag, the ticket anser said that is my conection, I play a lot of games and the only one with the lag problem is thisone!!!

last patch ruined all, this patch didnt fix anything…

Herz As Caliber Level 80 Warrior
Full CoF Set Kaineng
Los Magnificos ATM Guild

Savage.9150

For some os us, its already unplayable…
I dont only have 2-3 secs lag spikes, but suddenly the game just… freeze? stops? I dont mean “the program has stop responding”, but my character only stand there, channeling something forever and then… DISCONNECT! kicked to the character selection screen only to log back and find out im dead and have to pay repair

I really love gw2, its a fresh take of air considering im comming from 6 years of playing wow… but this, this is unbeareable
And the worst is, ANET is not even telling us that they are trying to fix this issue

The same happens to me. I had a bit better of an experience yesterday, the lag didn’t make the game unplayable, but it was barely playable with a lot of raging. I hope that this lag changes when the dragon bash and the aetherblades stuff is over, because I think that’s the patch that was added when this all started.

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Unplayable lag issues.

ISP: 1und1(http://www.1und1.de)
Home Server: Tarnished Coast

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Alvarez Azel.4083

Alvarez Azel.4083

Unplayable lag, first showed up on the july 1st update, has been there ever since and is steadily getting worse. today im experiencing 1-2 minute lags which end in disconnects.
Cannot run dungeons or WvW at all.
Uk, ISP:BT
Server: Underworld

My internet is fine, generally connect to other games with an average of 32ping, GW2 is pushing 500 frequently.
Sick of this, Im a new player having only joined a couple of months ago and already I feel the urge to quit playing this game all because I can’t even play it!

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

Lag a lot, unplayable since early july 13.
Time: on GMT+7 19.00 – midnight (SEA Time)
ISP: True Internet 20/2 (Download/Upload)
Blackgate server

Attachments:

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

Posted by: Dying Anthem.9716

Dying Anthem.9716

US. Georgia
Server: Fort Aspenwood

Lag spikes only in game and disconnects constantly. Already tried /clientport 80. Still get the horrible lag spikes

Attachments:

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

U.S. Mississippi
server: Jade Quarry.

rubber banding all over the place since last patch and skill delay. Before July everything worked great.

Pancakes
Thief

Posted by: HeliaXDemoN.1208

HeliaXDemoN.1208

I lost 3 world bosses because of this lag.

5 min of loading and when load, I am complete bugged.

Brazil

Posted by: Cooba.8925

Cooba.8925

Lag spikes since Bazaar patch. Game cant tell where my character is sometimes killing me, sometimes throwing him around the place 5 times in 2 seconds. Skills do not launch. Not to mention the Sanctum Race is totally unplayable

ISP: Neostrada Plus
Server: Ring of Fire

Attachments:

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

ISP: True Internet

Lag spikes all the time. Causing the game to dc as well. Unplayable in WvW.

Attachments:

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

Since a week or so i’m experiencing some really huge skill lag. Not constantly, but sometimes, my skills just wont work, they have from 2 sec delay up to 1min till today the server forced me out to login screen.

ISP: Teletu

Attachments:

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear

First off, I do realize that I kind of ninja’ed in a response in a post that had nothing to do with addressing skill delay. The reasoning behind that was simply that I wanted to make it clear of why I wasn’t spending much time on the issue that I was addressing there. I’d like to say that I pride myself in keeping things as transparent as possible with you guys.

That being said, I know that seems contradicting since I haven’t really said anything on the matter since. I’m doing my best to lurk in the shadows here in the forums more often and chime in where appropriate. Frankly, I just don’t always have something to update you guys on .

But! I do have a small update for you today.

Over the past several months (boy time can really fly by), we formed a small team (myself, with the help of a couple others at times) around addressing the issue of skill delay in large groups of players. It’s actually a part of our Skills and Combat team that are responsible for balancing and, in the near future, introducing new skills, traits and other combat improvements. When tackling such a large project, you don’t just dive in and start shooting from the hip. It takes a lot of research, data and planning to really start addressing the issue at hand. The past few months have mostly consisted of these things (referring to data gathering).

As of recently, really as of just a couple days ago, we’ve gotten to a point where we have the data we need to take the bull by the horns and get down to business. Meaning that I hope that the results start speaking for themselves in the coming months. Don’t get me wrong, that doesn’t mean we haven’t already made several improvements, just sadly that they weren’t really noticeable from a players standpoint (but have made a significant difference).

It’s not just skill lag that we hope to start resolving in a more noticeable way, and even eliminating one day, but getting PvE culling disabled game-wide. These two projects are beasts that really go hand-in-hand, which is why we’re working on them simultaneously.

Now this brings me to another seemingly tight-lipped change; PvE culling. You may have noticed that we temporarily disabled it in Frostgorge Sound for a short duration. That was us, lurking in the shadows, gathering extremely vital data. We’re making great strides in getting that removed, and hoping that happens really soon.

That’s all I have for today, but hope to have some great news in the near future. Ideally moving forward I won’t need to update you all, as the results should start speaking for themselves.

<3 Bill