10/18: JQ/SoR/BG (Gold League Round 1)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

When it comes to week 7 I wonder if it will be dejavu all over again. You guys must have fun (?) 2v1ing servers. Shows how much skill the servers have.

Two servers 2v1 another server when it suits their best interests. On day 1 of the match, both BG and SoR saw that it was in both of their best interests that JQ took 3rd in this match due to the schedule, so a 2v1 on JQ took place. Around mid-week, JQ realized that they likely weren’t going to win, and that it was in their best interest that SoR didn’t win, so a 2v1 on took place on SoR. The next day, JQ clawed back to within spitting distance of 2nd, while BG had about a 4k lead. The focus then shifted back to the importance of JQ taking 3rd in this match, and the 2v1 moved back to them.

Technically, while there were still some periods of 2v1 on BG, they weren’t as directed and prolonged. You may ask why that is, particularly when BG was in the lead or tied for it for much of the match. The answer lies in who both JQ and SoR feels is the biggest threat to their chances for the entirety of season 1, which is not BG. This position could come back to haunt them, but maybe it was a spot on assessment. We shall see.

There’s a lot of hurt feelings going on in this thread, but I think you’re not appreciating the chess match that took place underneath it all.

I have seen a lot of BG/JQ vs SOR, and BG/SOR vs JQ, but I have not seen much of JQ/SOR vs BG. Seems to me this is very well played by BG, and by taking a very huge lead since Wednesday, both JQ and SOR is unable to recover competitively. All the forum politics seem to have fallen right into your favor. There’s only 1 winner here clearly and its not us or JQ. You are right, this position will definitely haunt us, and we’ll be sure not to make the same mistake for the next 3 rounds. Its all fair-and-square, lets see who’ll be on the kittening end after week 4.

It will haunt you only if BG does what neither JQ or SoR thinks we can do, which is win a 1v1 against them. However, we won’t see this week’s level of politics again until week 7. Until then, it’s going to be a classic straight up beat the other guy, which of course will be determined by who can keep the most players on maps the longest.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I don’t normally post, but in the past 7 days I’ve seen some incredibly dirty things being played that ruins the whole spirit of who is a “better server”.

In the week prior to this so-called Season 1, JQ beat BG by a definite margin, to the point of embarrassment.

This week, I saw daily 2v1 fights against our server. Double our numbers in a 24/hr clogged-up situation where our real fighting guilds could not get in or change locations because of the achievement process that Anet decided to introduce for this Season.

We fought with mostly PVE militia eager to get their achievement points.

Once you open the floodgates of PVE into the realm of PVP, you break the true PVP champions of each server from doing what they do best.

I know Anet is trying to please everyone. Sure, I got my Veteran of the Mist title and my key in the first week endlessly focusing not on my server objectives but my own. And I’ve been playing WvW since day one of GW2 launch.

Something is really screwed with this ‘Season’ concept. I pity those true PVP folks like ATM and GE and MERC who give their life for this game with brilliant fighting coordinate for server glory, only to be cut at their knees by the flood of PVE newbies clogging up their vital resource lines.

BG and SOR, u may have won this round. But you deserve zero respect for what you did to us. Phui.

JQ tears… so. delicious.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Grats BG on a well earned victory this week over SoR and JQ. Look forward to our future fights.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jedbacca.6297

Jedbacca.6297

It would appear I have a cure for all 3 servers attached to this post

Anyway, good matchup all, it was crazy all round. I thoroughly enjoyed the non-stop action. There was always something to do whenever you logged in.

Attachments:

Minister Jed/Jedsus Saves GM of Strike Force[SF]
www.strikeforceguild.com – JQ SINCE 1836!
Guild of United Soviet Quarry www.jadequarry.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

I don’t normally post, but in the past 7 days I’ve seen some incredibly dirty things being played that ruins the whole spirit of who is a “better server”.

In the week prior to this so-called Season 1, JQ beat BG by a definite margin, to the point of embarrassment.

This week, I saw daily 2v1 fights against our server. Double our numbers in a 24/hr clogged-up situation where our real fighting guilds could not get in or change locations because of the achievement process that Anet decided to introduce for this Season.

Once you open the floodgates of PVE into the realm of PVP, you break the true PVP champions of each server from doing what they do best.

I know Anet is trying to please everyone. Sure, I got my Veteran of the Mist title and my key in the first week endlessly focusing not on my server objectives but my own. And I’ve been playing WvW since day one of GW2 launch.

Something is really screwed with this ‘Season’ concept. I pity those true PVP folks like ATM and GE and MERC who give their life for this game with brilliant fighting coordinate for server glory, only to be cut at their knees by the flood of PVE newbies clogging up their vital resource lines.

BG and SOR, u may have won this round. But you deserve zero respect for what you did to us. Phui.

First off, Welcome to Tier 1! The reason JQ beat BG/SOR in the pre-season matchup is because they weren’t really trying, no sense wearing yourself out before the season starts. The PvE achievement hunters equally impact all servers, you guys couldn’t field all your WvW players and neither could BG or SOR. It’s not like you got the short end of the stick there.

As for any “dirty things” you’ve seen, guess what? That happens to all servers. Hackers taking your stuff? Happens to everyone, iirc there was a post specifically in this thread somewhere about a JQ mesmer hacker/exploiter putting up portals into untouched towers. 2v1? Well it happens to all servers, all servers got 2v1ed to some extent this match, JQ just got most of it due to your easy schedule in the coming weeks. It’s not underhanded, it’s just what had to happen for any other server to even have a chance at winning. If you have issues with 2v1 then I’d suggest leaving Tier 1 because it happens everyday, in fact it is the exact reason there are 3 servers battling it out.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Beyonce.3207

Beyonce.3207

Until then, it’s going to be a classic straight up beat the other guy, which of course will be determined by who can keep the most players on maps the longest.

WvW has changed dramatically with the achievement points. Queues are jam packed 24hrs every day. It’s no longer about who can keep the most players on maps the longest, but who suffers from the most dilution of good players.

in Match-ups

Beyonce.3207

[quote=3093461;Distaste.4801The reason JQ beat BG/SOR in the pre-season matchup is because they weren’t really trying, no sense wearing yourself out before the season starts. [/quote]

lol, ok.

in Match-ups

Posted by: OliverLogan.7145

OliverLogan.7145

Well played and gg to all worlds, has been a close and exciting matchup.

Skill-lag made things unplayable at times but hats off to BG for winning the first round.

- SoR resident

Turning Dolyaks into [Slab of Red Meat] since 2012.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

It would appear I have a cure for all 3 servers attached to this post

Anyway, good matchup all, it was crazy all round. I thoroughly enjoyed the non-stop action. There was always something to do whenever you logged in.

Jed this explains a lot.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Not sure if you are aware… but BG has one of, if not the biggest PvE population in NA. If you don’t believe me, look at the Teq kills a while back. So please, don’t even try to play that card like your server was the only one suffering.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

Reading about 3+ hour queues on JQ, makes me happy that BG didnt stack before the league, leaving us 4 out of 5 timezones without a queue on atleast one map, even with all the pve achievement hunters.

Now enjoy your 3 weeks of nothing to fight JQ :-)

Thanks for the fights this week SoR. Cant wait for a lagfree fight against you next week.

Ps. Please recruit more EU guilds JQ :-(

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shawker.9587

Shawker.9587

To say JQ hasnt been the target of a 2v1 would be stupidity.
But all servers have at different times TBH.

But mostly it just came down to 2v1 on JQ till we were in 3rd (Also didnt help that most guilds during the weekend had a hard time getting more then 10 people on a map due to AP hunters), and then 2v1’s on who ever was weakest or allied with who ever was more willing to cooperate.

BG early in the weekdays faced more 2v1’s because it was easier for JQ to work with SoR, since BG seemed stuck in “Go after JQ no matter what” mode.

Later in the week, BG must have figured we were sufficiently in 3rd that they were more willing to cooperate with us against SoR.
However where possible, during the EU the 2v1’s were usually against BG, due to the fact they that SoR have a pretty strong EU coverage.

Last night was just bad. SoR and BG 2v1’d us in EB and SoR BL during a very weak period. In EB we hit a transition where 60% of the queue was AP hunters who have little interest of staying on a pin, and no pin willing to command the 20 people, when they cant do anything. On SoR BL, I think most guilds were still trying to rally their forces there, but hadn’t quite managed yet.

And after that, it was pretty hard to regain from the constant 2v1 and spawn camping.

I realize both BG and SoR must be suffering the same problems getting guilds on map with AP hunters everywhere. But they seem to be having an easier time of it than we are.

Its really hard to believe that someone brought to the forum fair points telling the truth about whats happenng, without lies, cry, complain or any bulls*** that usually show up here. End of Story.

Server: Blackgate
Profession: Dolyak Ass Kicker

in Match-ups

Barab.9016

To say JQ hasnt been the target of a 2v1 would be stupidity.
But all servers have at different times TBH.

But mostly it just came down to 2v1 on JQ till we were in 3rd (Also didnt help that most guilds during the weekend had a hard time getting more then 10 people on a map due to AP hunters), and then 2v1’s on who ever was weakest or allied with who ever was more willing to cooperate.

BG early in the weekdays faced more 2v1’s because it was easier for JQ to work with SoR, since BG seemed stuck in “Go after JQ no matter what” mode.

Later in the week, BG must have figured we were sufficiently in 3rd that they were more willing to cooperate with us against SoR.
However where possible, during the EU the 2v1’s were usually against BG, due to the fact they that SoR have a pretty strong EU coverage.

Last night was just bad. SoR and BG 2v1’d us in EB and SoR BL during a very weak period. In EB we hit a transition where 60% of the queue was AP hunters who have little interest of staying on a pin, and no pin willing to command the 20 people, when they cant do anything. On SoR BL, I think most guilds were still trying to rally their forces there, but hadn’t quite managed yet.

And after that, it was pretty hard to regain from the constant 2v1 and spawn camping.

I realize both BG and SoR must be suffering the same problems getting guilds on map with AP hunters everywhere. But they seem to be having an easier time of it than we are.

Its really hard to believe that someone brought to the forum fair points telling the truth about whats happenng, without lies, cry, complain or any bulls*** that usually show up here. End of Story.

yep +1 , the ppt being so close for so long this week has to be a record for wvw. 3rd place or not seeing all the SoR trolls kitten in their panties on the forums when we pulled under 2k on them was priceless.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in Match-ups

Posted by: keelhaul.8039

keelhaul.8039

Those JQ tears.

Must be a lot of JQ’s new paid transfer army in this thread who havent been in T1 for very long.

We here at BG are consistently double teamed and deal with it, now the tables have turned a little for some of this week and the tears, oh the delicious delusional tears…

The people saying BG and SoR lack the skill of JQ are the most delusional. You guys are hillarious, and to blame the PvE’ers when Blackgate is probably the one most affected… equally hillarious !!

Well done Blackgate !! Oustanding efforts this week from the commanders and their soldiers, especially after the loss of a couple of prominent guilds, we stayed strong !.

[OnS] Carpal Tunnel – Ele
[OnS] C A R P A L – Norn Guardian Commander

in Match-ups

Posted by: Selestianne.2735

Selestianne.2735

Hello all,

Here is a video from our Monday night wvw, made by CJ. Despite forum talk [SG] (at least) has been 90% focused on fighting Black Gate this week. They have provided the most consistent open field battles for us, and we thank you. We will most likely attack SoR tonight since we haven’t truly attacked them since Sunday. Without further adooooo:

Shadow Gypsies vs Black Gate and Sanctum

http://youtu.be/g5WpEk0HxPQ

See you tonight =)

(p.s. thanks for all those that post videos)

thanks for the video, Mance! haha, loved how your skills would keep not firing in the hills fight. : (((

also, who did the artwork for the map/chat censors? i think i’ve seen the quaggan before. the Sylvari looks awesome.

and wtb more vids from this week pls!

Skill lag is terrible most of the time. LOL I got the map/chat artwork off a google search on the interwebs. Working on more vids. ^5

Ceraphine Jane lvl 80 Staff Ele [SG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheButcher.5062

TheButcher.5062

Those JQ tears.

Must be a lot of JQ’s new paid transfer army in this thread who havent been in T1 for very long.

We here at BG are consistently double teamed and deal with it, now the tables have turned a little for some of this week and the tears, oh the delicious delusional tears…

The people saying BG and SoR lack the skill of JQ are the most delusional. You guys are hillarious, and to blame the PvE’ers when Blackgate is probably the one most affected… equally hillarious !!

Well done Blackgate !! Oustanding efforts this week from the commanders and their soldiers, especially after the loss of a couple of prominent guilds, we stayed strong !.

Your point?

in Match-ups

keelhaul.8039

Your point?

Is as follows:

“Keep crying its……hillarious”

in Match-ups

Beyonce.3207

Not sure if you are aware… but BG has one of, if not the biggest PvE population in NA. If you don’t believe me, look at the Teq kills a while back. So please, don’t even try to play that card like your server was the only one suffering.

I respect that. We play the SEA/Oceanic time-belt, so what you say may make sense. Just saying what amazed me this week was the inability for commanders and PVP guilds to assembly properly, I’ve noticed that taking 2v1 for JQ is normal. Not sure if this was the same for you guys with your guild compositions. Good luck.

in Match-ups

TheButcher.5062

Your point?

Is as follows:

Lets see who will cry this week around

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

Your point?

Is as follows:

my guess will be JQ crying of boredom.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

TheButcher.5062

Your point?

Is as follows:

^^^

in Match-ups

keelhaul.8039

This guys knows.

in Match-ups

Barab.9016

This guys knows.

Not really cuz were transferring to TC for the week hahaha

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Reading about 3+ hour queues on JQ, makes me happy that BG didnt stack before the league, leaving us 4 out of 5 timezones without a queue on atleast one map, even with all the pve achievement hunters.

Thanks for the fights this week SoR. Cant wait for a lagfree fight against you next week.

All tier 1 servers are “stacked”. All this proved was JQ has the highest PvE population of any server which was pretty much common knowledge.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Beyonce.3207

Your point?

Is as follows:

Yep, JQ is that awesome. I’ve never got so many heavy loot bags since coming back to WvW for my dailies and Season achievements. I think Anet needs to make the Living World WvW achievements much harder. Killing 450 BG/SOR people a week is too easy, let alone 7 weeks. Got my season key way too fast.

in Match-ups

TheButcher.5062

All tier 1 servers are “stacked”. All this proved was JQ has the highest PvE population of any server which was pretty much common knowledge.

Your point?

in Match-ups

Posted by: WildMonkey.6927

WildMonkey.6927

Those JQ tears.

If you think BG has as good of a PvE population as JQ, it s YOU who is delusional sir haha. There’s sure a lot of BG white knights like you at OUR frostgorge sound farming, for having a supposed “better” pve population XD

BG is as good as JQ? How did JQ beat BG last week by like 90k lmao. Face it, twist it any way u guys want, BG and SoR NEED each other to beat JQ <3 ^^

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Your point?

Your point?

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

Your point?

Your point?

your point?

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

keelhaul.8039

BG is as good as JQ? How did JQ beat BG last week by like 90k lmao.

Because we took a week off before season…. LOL. Congrats on the big win tho.

But aside from that shoutouts for the fights this week on BGBL. Long way to go in the season, lookin forward to plenty more.

/salute

(edited by keelhaul.8039)

in Match-ups

WildMonkey.6927

Been a GREAT week in WvW, kinda sucked in SoR BL ALL DAY yesterday though, SoR spawn camping us and BG waiting for us around the ruins…ugh -_-

My favorite part: Killing this one BG idiot who decided to mess with us JQers in our BL JP, and a group of WPAK members just got together and DESTROYED him. I joined in the fun ^^ and good riddance. Why is it that BG is always the one camping JPs, lol. I even seen about 10 OF THEM in the obsidian sanctum the other day. Kinda sad and desperate tbh

in Match-ups

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Your point?

Your point?

your point?

your point?

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

Your point?

Your point?

your point?

your point?

you are a troll

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

TheButcher.5062

Your point?

Your point?

your point?

Your point?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

You forgot a point.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Match-ups

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Your point?

Your point?

your point?

your point?

you are a troll

Me? Naaaaaa, you must have me confused with someone else.

in Match-ups

Seigfried.5938

Your point?

Your point?

your point?

your point?

you are a troll

Pshhh, at least SoRs don’t deny it. JQ is clearly new to these forums.

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Your point?

Your point?

your point?

your point?

you are a troll

I guess dyslexia runs rampant among many SoRians/BGians…I think we covered this subject, 2, maybe 3 pages back? I don’t know…it’s hard to keep track of some things, ya know?

(edited by Mr Ko Killer.7206)

in Match-ups

TheButcher.5062

Your point?

Your point?

your point?

your point?

you are a troll

I guess dyslexia runs rampant among many SoRians/BGians…I think we covered this subject, 2, maybe 3 pages back? I don’t know…it’s hard to keep track of some things, ya know?

Go QQ somewhere else

in Match-ups

Mr Ko Killer.7206

Your point?

Your point?

your point?

your point?

you are a troll

Go QQ somewhere else

QQ? I guess someone needs a friend, but hey…it’s ok. I’m here for you little buddy. Just call me anytime you need a hug. I’ll be right here.

in Match-ups

WildMonkey.6927

BG is as good as JQ? How did JQ beat BG last week by like 90k lmao.

But aside from that shoutouts for the fights this week on BGBL. Long way to go in the season, lookin forward to plenty more.

/salute

Ooooh I’m sure you took a break. I mean, you guys claim that when BG loses by A LOT when a T2 server is in the matchup (who takes breaks from a video game, btw? This isn’t a job LOL), but when SoR is in the matchup bg takes THE LEAD lol. But congrats to you as well for winning this week, I mean you guys TOTALLY didn’t need help to achieve that or anything! LMFAO

in Match-ups

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

/salute

Yep, but we knew that already. And I think most of you take the next week against SoR off too. That’s the way BG always worked. Win a week, lose two, recruit some guilds, win a week, lose two weeks.

So, we will have two boring matchup in week 2. One for JQ and one for SoR.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Been a GREAT week in WvW, kinda sucked in SoR BL ALL DAY yesterday though, SoR spawn camping us and BG waiting for us around the ruins…ugh -_-

My favorite part: Killing this one BG idiot who decided to mess with us JQers in our BL JP, and a group of WPAK members just got together and DESTROYED him. I joined in the fun ^^ and good riddance. Why is it that BG is always the one camping JPs, lol. I even seen about 10 OF THEM in the obsidian sanctum the other day. Kinda sad and desperate tbh

It took a group to kill 1 dude in the JP? Thats super impressive…kinda sad but impressive…

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

This guys knows.

Not really cuz were transferring to TC for the week hahaha

Tarnished Coast?… the beach is that way —-———POINTS———→

Attachments:

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brutus.5732

Brutus.5732

BG is as good as JQ? How did JQ beat BG last week by like 90k lmao. Face it, twist it any way u guys want, BG and SoR NEED each other to beat JQ <3 ^^

After all the flack I gave BG about taunting JQ with their 111k win……

All these new names spouting off without any knowledge of recent history. Are they transfers or PvE’ers that caught the WvW bug?

in Match-ups

gebrechen.5643

If it’s a thief or a warrior you will need a group. Hope Anet cuts their mobility soon.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hints.8036

hints.8036

To my JQ friends – to channel Churchill – “Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.”

Some videos of BG/SoR vs JQ from Day 7. All led by a Ge commander and mostly JQ PUGs – we wiped BG again, again, and again. I didn’t get much footage of SoR because they were mostly playing off BG’s advance (ninja a tower here and there and spawn camp reinforcements etc..).

JQ’s keep in EB:
http://www.twitch.tv/risenfall/c/3136921 (~ 4 min)
http://www.twitch.tv/risenfall/c/3136929 (~ 9 min)

JQ BL Garrison:
http://www.twitch.tv/risenfall/c/3139589 (~ 7 min)

Given that BG is the victor of this week they are probably the top dog in this tag team relationship (or shall I say has now established themselves as the new, current #1 Tier 1 server).

Somehow we wiped BG repeatedly though.

Maybe BG didn’t send their core guild to us and instead have their best people station at SoR/BG BL?? I wasn’t there – would love to checkout any videos you guys have!

http://twitch.tv/risenfall (delayed stream)

Lvl80(Rank) – Eng(362) Necro(245) Mes(245) Thief(131) Guard(131) Ele(29)

in Match-ups

WildMonkey.6927

It took a group to kill 1 dude in the JP? Thats super impressive…kinda sad but impressive…

lol well i waypointed out after a guy said there’s a lot of them in the dark area in the JP ^^ honestly even if it was my own server doing this MASS camping, i STILL wouldn’t approve of it. What is this, call of duty now? XD

in Match-ups

gebrechen.5643

The question is: Why the hell is anyone in a JP in match week?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

The question is: Why the hell is anyone in a JP ever?

Fixed that for you.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate