10/4: TC/SoS/DB

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Dear SOS,

You’re not getting Durios back!

Warm regards,

TC

We ported over from SoSBL later in the evening and we had a facepalm moment when we saw that you had Durios with walls, gate, and even cannons. We still flipped it, but it’s just another reminder that we got to work with our PuG commanders a lot more.
We have some folks that think VoiP is the cursed black arts or something.

Small correction,only person on SoS highly “against” ts3 etcetcetc is me because people tend to cling to commander to tell them what to do and they dont use theyr own brain.
The rest are just lazy,heck they dont even use text.

Yes, because it’s so much better to have the people who don’t use their brains waiting for people to type out directions.

#partoftheproblem,notpartofthesolution

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Voip IS a cursed dark art. 0:

(And I look forward to seeing you in the battlefields, GF!)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caroline.4987

Caroline.4987

Yeah, the weekends were much better performances from WAR and GOTL…Our guild leader really likes to dive in without regard for anything around him, haha. At least, it feels like that some times. We didn’t call PINK in…they basically started watching for us to engage and jump in after us…

Not that I blame them, they were backline heavy and that night, we were somewhat tilted towards the frontline in our numbers.

Liked those fights. I don’t even think it’s Berserker gear. It’s all that bloodlust our militia seem obsessed with keeping for some reason.

I just dunno what it was about last night. It started off well when we wiped at Bay, but after that, we had to dive ridiculously deep into the north to get them, and even then, it wasn’t the consistent pressing we got the day before.

Not quite sure what map zerg you mean though. We’ve only been running DBBL the last few days because it was the only map that didn’t go queued during NA Prime. =S

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Dear SOS,

Warm regards,

TC

We ported over from SoSBL later in the evening and we had a facepalm moment when we saw that you had Durios with walls, gate, and even cannons. We still flipped it, but it’s just another reminder that we got to work with our PuG commanders a lot more.

Small correction,only person on SoS highly “against” ts3 etcetcetc is me because people tend to cling to commander to tell them what to do and they dont use theyr own brain.

Yes, because it’s so much better to have the people who don’t use their brains waiting for people to type out directions.

I was actually hoping for a #WhyPayForTS3whenYouHaveFreeVOIP

.. But re-reading I like yours better. Now I’m going to pop in our voip, mute it and listen to some music and on my merry way

Tralalalala …

/kidding

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Dear SOS,

Warm regards,

TC

Information easier to backtrack and review on text instead of missing it because someone stuck his mic into his rear and took a series of long wet farts while moaning.
Or not hearing the rams on valey wg despite you can hear them clearly all the way from langor when you dont have blah blah spammed into your ear.
TS may be a decent assault tool,but it has a good number of drawbacks.
Not to mention eula doesnt say anything about enemy jamming your (3rd party) communications,thus makeing it a quite legal tactic to have it turned against you.
And its not about the typing vs ts,its about teaching people how to fish instead of feeding them each and every day.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

in Match-ups

Caroline.4987

I’m not against voicecomms, but I definitely see where grave is coming from, and I find the same issue with TC. It’s an awesome offensive tool, but it certainly has some drawbacks for defense.

We’re definitely trying to get more of our people into our voice comms. Part of it is that, it makes it more enjoyable to be on one when you’re eating a T1 beat down and such.

Thing is, I doubt that, not matter how much we push it, the times when more people will be in comms than otherwise will be an exception, not the rule, especially on a server like ours which is so PvE and RP heavy. And Commanders who rely heavily on voice comms and forget to type or have stuff typed for them…well, they end up finding people being the much raged at “rallybot” more often. =S

Brynnhylde – Norn Warrior, Jehanette – Human Guardian, Shaelynne – Human Engineer
TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

It has been a decent weeks fighting, some good fights and some honorable opponents.

Loved the small team of golems last night.

Keep bringing the fun all

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in Match-ups

Posted by: thenoobler.7540

thenoobler.7540

Dear Dragonbrand [WAR],

Would be really cool if you kept your necro’s from using Line of Sight tricks/hacks I watched 2 or 3 of your necro’s about 5 minutes ago outside North hills in TCBL throwing marks about 600 range inside the keep from outside the walls not only were you not killing anyone with them, it made you guys look all the more silly when you had to turn and run

With Regards,

A TC Necro who doesn’t need tricks to wreck your necros

Dear TC necro…. wear a bigger tin foil hat.

Xiir – lvl80 Guardian – Dragonbrand Server
Guild Leader – Warsworn [WAR] – www.warsworngaming.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Coinin.2590

Coinin.2590

Dear Dragonbrand [WAR],

Would be really cool if you kept your necro’s from using Line of Sight tricks/hacks I watched 2 or 3 of your necro’s about 5 minutes ago outside North hills in TCBL throwing marks about 600 range inside the keep from outside the walls not only were you not killing anyone with them, it made you guys look all the more silly when you had to turn and run

With Regards,

How does it count as a tin foil hat when I WATCH your necro’s cast marks that don’t get hit 600 range inside a keep? that’s not tin foil hat, though you simply saying that makes me just assume you’re trying to cover up lol. I’d have added photo’s…but sadly they disappeared to fast since your group ran away from the keep faster than an anorexic from a Baskin Robbins.

Coinin Mypocket 80 Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: aceai.4895

aceai.4895

tc loves their bloodlust.

in Match-ups

Coinin.2590

tc loves their bloodlust.

if it makes you feel better…im TC and i hate bloodlust…think it’s stupid lol

in Match-ups

thenoobler.7540

Dear Dragonbrand [WAR],

With Regards,

How does it count as a tin foil hat when I WATCH your necro’s cast marks that don’t get hit 600 range inside a keep? that’s not tin foil hat, though you simply saying that makes me just assume you’re trying to cover up lol. I’d have added photo’s…but sadly they disappeared to fast since your group ran away from the keep faster than an anorexic from a Baskin Robbins.

Troll harder.

in Match-ups

Coinin.2590

Dear Dragonbrand [WAR],

With Regards,

Troll harder.

it’s not trolling at all…i watched you guys do it. I mean…you can deny all you want…but you end up looking like US politicians trying to claim they know nothing about wanting a government shut down

though im sure as the only person saying it’s not true is the guild leader…that it’s likely a guild leader just trying to scoff at it.

(edited by Coinin.2590)

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

Dear Dragonbrand [WAR],

With Regards,

Troll harder.

it’s not trolling at all…i watched you guys do it. I mean…you can deny all you want…but you end up looking like US politicians trying to claim they know nothing about wanting a government shut down

Give it up. He won’t even admit it, much less do anything about it.

I eat breakfast for dinner.

in Match-ups

thenoobler.7540

Nothing to admit. Accuse away.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Abstraction.3019

Abstraction.3019

Goodfights in EBG tonight. [ING] was running with around 20 people, give or take. Good to see the massive TC zergs were up and running tonight.

Sorry to the RoT who wanted us to be in DBBL

Tomas Kopitar – Mindless Zerg [ING]
Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: IBountyHunterI.4601

IBountyHunterI.4601

“and @ the TG guy, 25 ppl isnt an omniblob…?
But the buffs do make for a less satisfying wipe after big fights. :/”
-Odinzu

@Odinzu, it is when we field like 12 on Monday/Tuesday nights lol..

But hey the Orbs are getting nerfed? Better days ahead?

#Dragtanic

Help

(edited by IBountyHunterI.4601)

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Dear SOS,

Warm regards,

TC

Information easier to backtrack and review on text instead of missing it because someone stuck his mic into his rear and took a series of long wet farts while moaning.
Or not hearing the rams on valey wg despite you can hear them clearly all the way from langor when you dont have blah blah spammed into your ear.
TS may be a decent assault tool,but it has a good number of drawbacks.
Not to mention eula doesnt say anything about enemy jamming your (3rd party) communications,thus makeing it a quite legal tactic to have it turned against you.
And its not about the typing vs ts,its about teaching people how to fish instead of feeding them each and every day.

The problem is when groups like Fang, GotM, and Rend try to work with our militia, we try to step up the tempo with tactics and calling spikes,etc. it’s not possible to do that via chat and our militia get curb stomped by organized guild groups who are on comms coordinating.

/Team chat commanding only works for karma trains.
Trying to break our guys out of those bad habits is frustrating. Then I hear someone talking about how they miss Patone and I have to resist the urge to bludgeon myself.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Cosmic Sparklejunk.3514

Now that golems are so cheap I find myself having the urge to stage a pure golem v. golem zergfight. A GW2 rendition of Rock ’em Sock ’em Robots.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

We have this cute siege griefer at home base smc. Haha. >3< So cute.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

OKAY. before i forget.

[Rx]. As a pharmacy student, I fangirl over your name and tag every time I see it.

( if they don’t check the forumzz can a kind SoS soul please pass the message to them thanks <3 )

in Match-ups

Posted by: ActionCat.4162

ActionCat.4162

Goodfights in EBG tonight. [ING] was running with around 20 people, give or take. Good to see the massive TC zergs were up and running tonight.

Indeed.. there was several times when tc and sos decided to run from us with superior numbers… i was like.. COME BACK AND PLAY WIF US!!!!!

hehehe Good fights guys!

Oh and nice job Crit i was following you for a little bit before ING got online for our raid and we stomped the crap out of them out near brovast and durios.. that was epic!

Commander ActionCat [BMO] – DragonBrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

At what times would I often find fight clubs/dueling at the windmill for this matchup, given SoS’s population of fellow Aussies?

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in Match-ups

Caroline.4987

Yeah, EBG was sadly all militia zergs on our side all during NA Prime. And no worries, the Chuck Norris crew gave us plenty of fights on SoSBL last night. =3

Although I did hop over to EBG by my lonesome to see how things were for a bit and dodged around Jerrifer’s lord room with a few other folks when you guys rushed into the tower, waiting for the inevitable TC blob to roll on by. =P So I at least got my bags from all y’all once.

TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

in Match-ups

Posted by: Abstraction.3019

Abstraction.3019

Yeah, EBG was sadly all militia zergs on our side all during NA Prime. And no worries, the Chuck Norris crew gave us plenty of fights on SoSBL last night. =3

Although I did hop over to EBG by my lonesome to see how things were for a bit and dodged around Jerrifer’s lord room with a few other folks when you guys rushed into the tower, waiting for the inevitable TC blob to roll on by. =P So I at least got my bags from all y’all once.

:(

Tomas Kopitar – Mindless Zerg [ING]
Dragonbrand

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

It has been a decent weeks fighting, some good fights and some honorable opponents.

Loved the small team of golems last night.

Keep bringing the fun all

Yeah it was a blast walking them around. No mesmer, no nothing, just each party member in an Omega. Major props to the guys who came to hills and garrison to try to make a stand. Kinda felt like a David and Goliath scenario, but credit where credit is due, and those guys get purple hearts for SoS this week.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

Posted by: katsu.4052

katsu.4052

OKAY. before i forget.

[Rx]. As a pharmacy student, I fangirl over your name and tag every time I see it.

( if they don’t check the forumzz can a kind SoS soul please pass the message to them thanks <3 )

=D

http://prescribedrx.com/
NA | Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: IronDuke.6380

IronDuke.6380

Are we doing a Yak parade tonight?

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

TY SOS and DB. May the odds be in your favor in the next matchup. Let us do our best TC.

http://youtu.be/4CKECBCHY9c

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

Posted by: Equinox.4195

Equinox.4195

If anyone’s out there on DB or SoS, could you recap some stuff? Haha

Equinox the Undying – Thug Necromancer
http://www.youtube.com/EPEquinox

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

oh so witty laughs behind white gloves.

forum rules prevent me from giving my standard reply to such comments; though it could be considered in historical context that I quote our last Vice-President.

in Match-ups

Equinox.4195

forum rules prevent me from giving my standard reply to such comments; though it could be considered in historical context that I quote our last Vice-President.

Just want to karma train a bit, man. Relax a little

in Match-ups

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

Give them some room. After you flattened our stuff with you omega golem rush (okay, we got sloppy on the scouting but we do this with 10 people, try to match that) you kept downing all tries of a retake.
Be lucky our bl commaner feed you some.

Also Chris, have i overlooked you on the map? I have not seen you on. Dont get me wrong but the last time i got onto ts i had a nice listening of how everyone not on it is a noob. Bite me as you wish on weekends, but with attitue like this and that here showing no understanding or tolerance of a point of view of someone else i rather be the noob that hears when the enemy starts killing our canons and outer siege without getting the keep contested. I am not a ts or voip or whatever enemy but how about you guys try to come to terms that not everything is black and white. Especially considering what you guys are looking into atm regarding need.
Feel free to involve the people with a different perspective.I got no issue going onto ts again.I have been with you guys before. But just listening to “push push, pull, push back” is not really that interesting for me. I dont hold a grudge or something. Its just a rational thougth….just saying.

p.s. almost forgot: hearty wishes to the tc (not your raging kiddies but the other ones ) that did not only the small but althought big scale battles with us. Was really nice. If only db would have been a little bit more on the uphill drift this would have been even more interesting.

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

(edited by Werat.7063)

in Match-ups

Equinox.4195

TL;DR version, please.

I was just offering an opportunity for SoS/DB to karma train some since we were doing it. Lots of wooden stuff to backcap for leveling those alts when we’re not defending.

in Match-ups

Posted by: taek.9386

taek.9386

TL;DR version, please.

I was just offering an opportunity for SoS/DB to karma train some since we were doing it. Lots of wooden stuff to backcap for leveling those alts when we’re not defending.

Maybe you should pull your guys from spawn camping us then maybe we can?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

Nice little series of fights on SoS BL a few hours ago, smaller scale moves (15-20) on Hills, Garri then Bay by SoS, making it to the lord room each time but we managed to defend successfully on all 3. Lots of fun!

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

RoT mesmer at briar SoSbl. Seriously? your guild is good enough but you personally so lazy can’t ram a paper door? instead you get rezzed through gate to cap a tower.

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in Match-ups

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

PSA : The dolyak parade will be in TCBL in ONE hour! We’ll gather up by the windmill around south camp!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Match-ups

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

Just a very short vid of my view of the Dolyak Parade – very nicely done!

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in Match-ups

Caroline.4987

RoT mesmer at briar SoSbl. Seriously? your guild is good enough but you personally so lazy can’t ram a paper door? instead you get rezzed through gate to cap a tower.

I sincerely apologize for that. It’s definitely uncalled for in a match up that’s really just devolved into karma training at this point.

Talked with our leader and the Mesmer involved and we’ll definitely go save that sort of kittenry for when we meet the T1 crews that do it to our server all the time themselves.

EDIT: Oh, and GOTL, sorry about running over that minion master zerg thing you were doing. We realized afterwards it was probably some sort of event you guys were doing, but we were kinda tunnelvisioned on guild training tonight. _ We’ve left the BL now!

TrZ | Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Caroline.4987)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lenador.1436

Lenador.1436

I sincerely apologize for that. It’s definitely uncalled for in a match up that’s really just devolved into karma training at this point.

Talked with our leader and the Mesmer involved and we’ll definitely go save that sort of kittenry for when we meet the T1 crews that do it to our server all the time themselves.

EDIT: Oh, and GOTL, sorry about running over that minion master zerg thing you were doing. We realized afterwards it was probably some sort of event you guys were doing, but we were kinda tunnelvisioned on guild training tonight. _ We’ve left the BL now!

Ty for listening and correcting your foul behavior ^.^ keep that karma train a-rollin’

Cön-Guardian DB
[Con] Supreme Team of Con

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Give them some room. After you flattened our stuff with you omega golem rush (okay, we got sloppy on the scouting but we do this with 10 people, try to match that) you kept downing all tries of a retake.
Be lucky our bl commaner feed you some.

Also Chris, have i overlooked you on the map? I have not seen you on. Dont get me wrong but the last time i got onto ts i had a nice listening of how everyone not on it is a noob. Bite me as you wish on weekends, but with attitue like this and that here showing no understanding or tolerance of a point of view of someone else i rather be the noob that hears when the enemy starts killing our canons and outer siege without getting the keep contested. I am not a ts or voip or whatever enemy but how about you guys try to come to terms that not everything is black and white. Especially considering what you guys are looking into atm regarding need.
Feel free to involve the people with a different perspective.I got no issue going onto ts again.I have been with you guys before. But just listening to “push push, pull, push back” is not really that interesting for me. I dont hold a grudge or something. Its just a rational thougth….just saying.

p.s. almost forgot: hearty wishes to the tc (not your raging kiddies but the other ones ) that did not only the small but althought big scale battles with us. Was really nice. If only db would have been a little bit more on the uphill drift this would have been even more interesting.

Do you know we have lost quite a few individuals over the unwillingness of our militia to use voicecomms?

We aren’t speaking as much to defensive specialists like yourself, but people who want to zerg up and follow commanders in the open field.
Those kind of fights require coordination and a willingness to play as a team. That means clicking on a program and listening in while you are doing these activities and you can turn it right off if you want to do something else.

We’re now a Tier 2 server, but we have folks who are bringing T6 play to the table, and it’s making life heck for those of us who still give a rip.

Folks running uplevelled at the front of the zerg, with no TS up and running….it just ain’t cricket!

I don’t have this attitude because I’m some sort of elitist. I like playing games, WITH other people. It’s even better when we can talk, just like if we were playing over a table or in the same room.
I like talking with people and playing with the great people we have on this server. I like to fully engage.

The people who don’t talk or listen, who just blob around the blue nachos…there’s no soul to that.

Play how you want, but a lot of us care about the experience for everyone on the server and voicecomms is a tool to improve that.

(edited by Chris.3290)

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

One thing I can say I feel some pity on TC because they get these huge numbers against smaller servers, but those mega-zergs disappear when T1 gets involved. I’m not saying that if all those folks got on that you could beat any of them; but you’d have a lot better of a time when you face them.
A tier 1.5 server is such an odd thing.

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

two of us tried to save hills so hard.
QQ

in Match-ups

Posted by: jboLtz.4805

jboLtz.4805

OKAY. before i forget.

Haha, glad you like our guild name and tag!

Lumynna – Co-Founder, Co-Leader, Commander of Prescribed [Rx]
Sea of Sorrows
“Everything we do, we do Rx. No sandbagging.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noein.7635

Noein.7635

The difference in TCs population from when facing kitten t2 is amazing. The power of fairweathers.

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

We shouldn’t alienate our players who choose to play at certain times only. Because we cannot compel them to join if they do not wish to do so at hard times. So, we can only set the stage for them to enjoy and hopefully participate longer than usual when they are available. >3<

Weee

In other news, played Beyond Two Souls. >3< Awesome game, I find it had the appeal of heavy rain and farenheit (which I find a must play).

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

whoa Chris is a member of STUN? or is it another Chris

in Match-ups

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

We aren’t speaking as much to defensive specialists like yourself, but people who want to zerg up and follow commanders in the open field.
Those kind of fights require coordination and a willingness to play as a team. That means clicking on a program and listening in while you are doing these activities and you can turn it right off if you want to do something else.

Folks running uplevelled at the front of the zerg, with no TS up and running….it just ain’t cricket!

Play how you want, but a lot of us care about the experience for everyone on the server and voicecomms is a tool to improve that.

GvG? Sorry you lost me there. It will always happen that you have uplevels or such with you. That is the way with militia. You will never be able to convert the whole world. You could of course assign another commander to pull the pugs while everyone on ts would follow your commander and you dont need to tag up. Problem solved on at 99% scale. I wonder tho, how is such an interest attracting small scale guilds if in the ends you are mashing into a big blob like t1.

You think defense requires no coordination (considering we are dealing with a lot harder circumstances than just a few uplevels….preferable a dedicated tc who drains our supply everytime before an inc…no its not an indcident tc, its happening everday now)? Thanks for the flowers i do love you too but as said I was on ts. So much for small group play.

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

That SoS karma train…

Attachments:

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN