11/15 JQ/ SOS/ BG (Gold Season Match 5)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Alypsis.3425

Alypsis.3425

I just want to say thanks to all of my fellow team mates on Blackgate and everybody from SOR, JQ, SOS, TC, MG that I have fought against and enabled me to enjoy and start to learn how to WvW.

I have been on played GW2 for a while but never tried any PvP or WvW so one week prior to the start of the League I jumped in to see what it was like and have logged in most days since. I am an unguilded (so one of those terrible pugs probably!!!!!!) ele and playing a staff ele in WvW, started off in Beserker, haha don’t laugh soon changed that, and have tried most things, running yaks, refreshing siege, flipping bloodlust, piloting a golem, spamming healing fields, not always at the right times and it has been a blast. It makes PvE a pale imitation. I don’t really know much about the server politics and don’t care I just enjoy playing the game and learning how to play my characters better.

I have found the Blackgate commanders to be great, even when not everybody is on TS, or people are running off for accomplishments or are “asserting their right to do whatever they want” they work with what they have , communicate and encourage us all and keep the cats herded along. Even though I am in New Zealand (Oceanic) I have had the opportunity to play on all maps and during most of the different time zones. I have played with full zergs on all sides, when we have been out numbered and when we have had greater numbers even if not all of them have been fighting and it has all been different and fun, just what I enjoy with a game and my free time. I have actually reached rank 122 in the last 5 weeks not very high I know compared with you all but good for me.

Anyway thanks for all the fights, all the times I have been stomped, it teaches me how to be a better player (and there are some great finishers out there) and thanks to all the Blackgate guilds and commanders who have let me run with them.

(edited by Alypsis.3425)

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

I just want to say thanks to all of my fellow team mates on Blackgate and everybody from SOR, JQ, SOS, TC that I have fought against and enabled me to enjoy and start to learn how to WvW.

Poor Maguuma.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Otokomae.9356

Otokomae.9356

I just want to say thanks to all of my fellow team mates on Blackgate and everybody from SOR, JQ, SOS, TC that I have fought against and enabled me to enjoy and start to learn how to WvW.

Poor Maguuma.

What’s Maguuma got to do with this? Aren’t they, like, the 3rd place server in Silver League (at least, that’s how they SHOULD be ranked…)

Bakuon/Bakuon Thief [MAS]/ ex-[ATac]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Poor Maguuma.

Maguuma’s version of WvW is to run zerker gear and suicide zerg into a group 3 times as large as them. Nice bags though. Fun also. Those 8k meteor shower hits are no joke.

Also, nice fights in JQBL. That 3 way mexican standoff in NW camp was so awesome, words can’t describe.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Honestly, can’t tell if serious 0_o

I know a few bg like that, and jq, and ex-bg, but I just can’t tell.

Even I was skeptical at first but still, I was endeared by his offer to help. He said it wasn’t really a big deal and he’d rather see the gold from precursor sales be used in a meaningful way or something along those lines.

I was just really impressed by that and it reflected how I perceive the server.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in Match-ups

Posted by: virtue.7235

virtue.7235

Serane – D/D Elementalist [Agg]
[Agg] WvW – http://www.youtube.com/user/SeraneGW2
Server? We move a lot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

BREADGATE 2013!

Meanwhile on BreadthatmakesnosenseQuarry (Thanks Dark for that serious long name and I can never forget it) …. I have discovered that their mapchat is just as silly as BG’s but they don’t yell as many random server related names.

Unsure how I feel about this….

That’s all I’ve got.

P.s

MacktheKnife get off the forums. Meow meow

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

HB, go to bread :P

Cuddles too.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kjendar.6459

Kjendar.6459

I would like to thank both JQ and SoS for the epic fight in the NW camp on JQBL it was a nice change of pace.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I just want to say thanks to all of my fellow team mates on Blackgate and everybody from SOR, JQ, SOS, TC, MG that I have fought against and enabled me to enjoy and start to learn how to WvW.

I have been on played GW2 for a while but never tried any PvP or WvW so one week prior to the start of the League I jumped in to see what it was like and have logged in most days since. I am an unguilded (so one of those terrible pugs probably!!!!!!) ele and playing a staff ele in WvW, started off in Beserker, haha don’t laugh soon changed that, and have tried most things, running yaks, refreshing siege, flipping bloodlust, piloting a golem, spamming healing fields, not always at the right times and it has been a blast. It makes PvE a pale imitation. I don’t really know much about the server politics and don’t care I just enjoy playing the game and learning how to play my characters better.

I have found the Blackgate commanders to be great, even when not everybody is on TS, or people are running off for accomplishments or are “asserting their right to do whatever they want” they work with what they have , communicate and encourage us all and keep the cats herded along. Even though I am in New Zealand (Oceanic) I have had the opportunity to play on all maps and during most of the different time zones. I have played with full zergs on all sides, when we have been out numbered and when we have had greater numbers even if not all of them have been fighting and it has all been different and fun, just what I enjoy with a game and my free time. I have actually reached rank 122 in the last 5 weeks not very high I know compared with you all but good for me.

Anyway thanks for all the fights, all the times I have been stomped, it teaches me how to be a better player (and there are some great finishers out there) and thanks to all the Blackgate guilds and commanders who have let me run with them.

^^ This dude is an inspiration for newcomers. I wish this post could be publicized to the pve community. Congrats sir, on your new world of gaming. I’m certain we all crossed that bridge at some point.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Cuddles too.

Oh hai Shini,

Fleur would like to invite you to a RP session this friday night (aussie night time, weird NA people) on the TC session.

Apparently I’m not invited cause he’s rude.

Hopefully you are able to attend and anyone else on the official forums who would like to explore the ways of TC they are more then welcome.

Yours Sincerely,

CuddleStrike

p.s

Go to bread Shini!

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jormungand.7314

Jormungand.7314

The issue is so many people would rather pve in wvw than to actually secure objectives and actively participate. We, on JQ, have an influx problem of what I like to call:
Internet Police: The internet police like to report people who are temporarily afk in a Garrison or Tower to refill a drink, food, bio break etc.

“People who refuse to listen to Commanders” Im sure that other servers have these players, but with rolling against Blackgate we can afford it. Blackgate is one of those servers that either A) eats, breathes, lives WvW and dedicated everything to it JQ is populated with 35% good players and 65% of Molasses types or C) A little of A and B
Horrible Commanders: See Molasses and people like him.

Refusal of players who to get into Voice Communications, this is self explanatory in these harder matchups communication is key.

Welfare players, who expect a zerg to drop what they are doing and run to their location to kill that one person who just killed 5 solo.

PROTECT TEH DOLYAK!!!!! Players who expect the organized zerg to drop attacking a keep/tower and help out a dolyak across the map.

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Cuddles too.

Oh hai Shini,

Fleur would like to invite you to a RP session this friday night (aussie night time, weird NA people) on the TC session.

Hopefully you are able to attend and anyone else on the official forums who would like to explore the ways of TC they are more then welcome.

Yours Sincerely,

CuddleStrike

p.s

Go to bread Shini!

idk….i don’t really like Fleur that way…

in Match-ups

CuddleStrike.8215

Cuddles too.

Oh hai Shini,

Yours Sincerely,

CuddleStrike

p.s

Go to bread Shini!

idk….i don’t really like Fleur that way…

Don’t lie, you’ll be there. Tentacle back piece and all.

The LOVE asura <3

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

I don’t really control what the tentacles touch, you know that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Haro.6758

Haro.6758

Thanks for all the fun fights on SoS BL tonight BG/SoS. We will see you tomorrow. You might not see us as we’ll be running the “30 thieves.” @@

[SG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Grats on the win BG. You deserve it.

in Match-ups

Posted by: wickedkae.4980

wickedkae.4980

Well BG wins because of 2v1. I have never seen BG fight alone, JQ is always 2v1’d. Terrible win by BG. Boring match watching a BG and SoS zergs just sit there all friendly not fighting each other.

in Match-ups

Reverence.6915

Well BG wins because of 2v1. I have never seen BG fight alone, JQ is always 2v1’d. Terrible win by BG. Boring match watching a BG and SoS zergs just sit there all friendly not fighting each other.

u mad?

the movements of each zerg is up to the respective commanders. how each zerg moves is dependant on the other zergs. if sos thought it would be better to let BG fight JQ, then that’s their own decision. after we wipe you guys we turn around and wipe them anyway ^^

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Let me add that we have bought enough to invite all of our Tier 1 friends to celebrate with us. But please no strippers. This is a wholesome event.

Charr strippers are cheap though

I got you guys a deal 1800-Hotcharr

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

First of all great post, I hope more PvE/Xers can read this post.

Secondly, I am not laughing, I run zerk staff ele. It is actually one of the most fun builds I have ever played in WvW, each meteor hits like a back-stab, don’t even let me go on about the damage of an icebow, Ice Storm and 4-6 downed players. I obviously play backline, and you have to watch enemy movement like a hawk. It is incredible how little backline gets focused though. There is nothing like having to pop mist form so you don’t get downed from retaliation <3

Note: If you are not with a group to distract enemies, this is probably the worst build in existence. It is 100% dependent on making yourself scarce while nuking the enemy.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

(edited by Kysin.6349)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smoke.8510

Smoke.8510

Being a Blackgate native since forever, its good to see a more balanced JQ and BG, i’m just disappointed that SoS didn’t have the coverage/numbers they needed.
This week has been fun for the little I’ve gotten to play. I have to say without a doubt my favorite fights this week have been against [SR], they’re great at small team tactics, and they work well together. Their commander mimics my own commanding style and that’s made for great fights at each encounter, and they DON’T RUN, which is refreshing to see in T1.
I also have to sing praises to SoS’s small havoc zergs, they’re quick and clean, and their surprise attacks make it interesting.
There’s been amazing effort all around, but new arrivals on each server have made these past weeks a frustratingly steep learning curve, and every server needs commanders willing to step up and teach the people who want to learn how to wvw like a boss.
This tournament was a great idea, but hopefully the match-ups will even out more over the next few months.

Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy [LiES] (Leader)||Doesn’t afraid of anything.|

in Match-ups

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Some of the stuff people say. Do you guys actually believe what you’re typing or do you just make things up or “hear” it from someone…?

Like yesterday early morning in SMC BG totally 2v1 JQ with SOS… Wait what, SOS was attacking BG the same time as JQ… Someone just said it but if another Zerg decides to be opportunists then that’s their decision and doesn’t mean there was a 2v1. We held SMC against Jqs probably close to 50+ vs our I think around 35ish, for a long time but also managed to fight off the small SOS Zerg to the north at the same time. Which was an epic battle JQ and mad props! It was fun!

Hell me and 3 guildies took bay Saturday night while SOS was trying to cap at the same time. We snuck in and stole it. Was that a double team? Nope, we just decided to take advantage of SOS opening outer and let them be the target while we worked in.

Don’t be salty about losing a battle or fight or even leagues. It’s just a game and should give you motivation to bring it next time. That being said, see you in week 7!!!!!!!!!

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Some of the stuff people say. Do you guys actually believe what you’re typing or do you just make things up or “hear” it from someone…?

Like yesterday early morning in SMC BG totally 2v1 JQ with SOS… Wait what, SOS was attacking BG the same time as JQ… Someone just said it but if another Zerg decides to be opportunists then that’s their decision and doesn’t mean there was a 2v1. We held SMC against Jqs probably close to 50+ vs our I think around 35ish, for a long time but also managed to fight off the small SOS Zerg to the north at the same time. Which was an epic battle JQ and mad props! It was fun!

Hell me and 3 guildies took bay Saturday night while SOS was trying to cap at the same time. We snuck in and stole it. Was that a double team? Nope, we just decided to take advantage of SOS opening outer and let them be the target while we worked in.

Don’t be salty about losing a battle or fight or even leagues. It’s just a game and should give you motivation to bring it next time. That being said, see you in week 7!!!!!!!!!

From how over the top his post was, I think you gave him what he was looking for.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Dear a-net, fix your queues. Sitting in queue for SoS BL for 3 hours while other guildies were getting in within 15 minutes is beyond stupid. Someone even got in, dropped out to switch chars, and got back in before a few of us ever saw a queue pop -.-

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Dear a-net, fix your queues. Sitting in queue for SoS BL for 3 hours while other guildies were getting in within 15 minutes is beyond stupid. Someone even got in, dropped out to switch chars, and got back in before a few of us ever saw a queue pop -.-

Or give an estimated queue time &/or our position in queue…

LoL does it that way :P

It is because it isn’t actually a queue from everything I have heard, it is a pool of players that are chosen at random. They can’t give estimated times when it is completely random if you get picked or not to enter -.-

Either way, this is off topic, so…. Good fights in SoS BL, got karma trainish at the end of my time on since JQ’s NA had logged, but one of the skirmishes we had earlier at SW ruins was pretty awesome.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

ANET doesn’t know how to design and implement the most basic data structure. In a queue, the first person to go to bread would typically be the first person to bake up and get out of bread.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gilgamesh.7364

Gilgamesh.7364

In WvWvW, there will always be 1 winner & 2 losers.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Anet said they will never reveal the population cap for each border, so hence why we will never see a que number.

But I feel your pain.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: thefreezingvoid.8516

thefreezingvoid.8516

Anet said they will never reveal the population cap for each border, so hence why we will never see a que number.

But I feel your pain.

Now maybe my math is horrible, but how does showing how many people ahead of you in the queue, or the average wait time of the queue, allow you to be able to formulate how many people are in the given map?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

I respectfully request that Blackgate rolls all engineers for next week’s matchup…just because they can.

We’ve already decided to roll Rangers.

But Mags and SoS will complain about us bypassing the que if they see 150+ people in our zerg

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

in Match-ups

Posted by: Maelwaedd.5842

Maelwaedd.5842

I respectfully request that Blackgate rolls all engineers for next week’s matchup…just because they can.

We’ve already decided to roll Rangers.

But Mags and SoS will complain about us bypassing the que if they see 150+ people in our zerg

we could always run necro minion army and have 400+ nameplates

Maelwaedd Sylvari Necromancer Blackgate
Resonance WvW Officer
http://resonancegaming.com.au

in Match-ups

Posted by: guidou.7819

guidou.7819

This week has been fun for the little I’ve gotten to play. I have to say without a doubt my favorite fights this week have been against [SR], they’re great at small team tactics, and they work well together. Their commander mimics my own commanding style and that’s made for great fights at each encounter, and they DON’T RUN, which is refreshing to see in T1.

Thx for your words.
Great fights this week indeed, So much fun to fight BG, guilds (HB/RK) or PU. It’s rafraishing after match up against T2

[SR] Soul Reapers

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gully.7358

Gully.7358

The thing that scares me a little is that our carebear department is carrying our server through the season while a lot of our pvp groups are fighting the epic queue monster : \

Veretta • Guildleader of [oPP] Over Powered PeopleBlackgate
http://www.gw2opp.comhttp://www.youtube.com/user/oppveretta

in Match-ups

Posted by: electriette.8952

electriette.8952

Also, Electriette is not as innocent as she says. She is on TC afterall and nobody on TC is innocent

what are you talking about, i’m totally innocent (:0

and look at hexin going out of his cage awwww kawaiii~ /cracks whip

I know. She is EvIL, in a fun way ~ and generally loves to kick me into position. It’s a power thing I’m CERNtain about it, if ya get too close she’ll leash ya.

Also stronk like tonka ~ when she says for you to get to bread, the internet goes out on the block. But I found her weak spot … expensive pillows, yes … very , expensive pillows
<3 TC all inclusive Coast front resorts

HEY. MY PILLOW IS AMAZING
if you can sleep on it for one night i can bet that you’re going to steal it from me the next day.

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

People from TC don’t steal unless they’re RPing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: sielfiel.4692

sielfiel.4692

^^ This dude is an inspiration for newcomers. I wish this post could be publicized to the pve community. Congrats sir, on your new world of gaming. I’m certain we all crossed that bridge at some point.

Ha! My First time wvw’ng was hell. Ipicked an enemy BL and was told to just follow the blue tag on the map, the kitten tag was farming n the north camp, i was killed by a thief 7 times, 7 kitten times on my way to north camp. I quit wvw for 6 months

Blackgate since day 1

in Match-ups

Posted by: Madscar.2903

Madscar.2903

Sooo any karma trains on any bl yet?

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

Sir, I think you need to go to bread.

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

Cuddles too.

Oh hai Shini,

Yours Sincerely,

CuddleStrike

p.s

Go to bread Shini!

I’M SO IN. When we were stuck in queue, some of my guildies and I ran a research group, creepin on roleplayers.

Some of them may get a bit sensitive, and some may be stagefright. :<

in Match-ups

SFShinigami.2015

First one to spot an ERPer wins.

Electriette doesn’t count.

in Match-ups

electriette.8952

First one to spot an ERPer wins.

Electriette doesn’t count.

sniff ;^;

in Match-ups

Posted by: DKNS.2135

DKNS.2135

So boring here. Anyone got some fresh drama? Even the PvF’ers have disappeared :\

BG LA Best LA !!!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikola.3841

Nikola.3841

It is obvious BG has too many good players compared to other servers. Anet should create incentive for good players to go to other servers

in Match-ups

Reverence.6915

It is obvious BG has too many good commanders compared to other servers. Anet should create incentive for good players to go to other servers

Edited for you. We have many commanders that can cover a majority of time zones (except during OCE, where we tend to have 1 or 2 zergs floating around). Player skill doesn’t vary too much between server to server. Just zerg tactics.

Maybe more incentives to become a good commander?

Beastgate | Faerie Law

in Match-ups

Posted by: Smoke.8510

Smoke.8510

It is obvious BG has too many good commanders compared to other servers. Anet should create incentive for good players to go to other servers

Edited for you. We have many commanders that can cover a majority of time zones (except during OCE, where we tend to have 1 or 2 zergs floating around). Player skill doesn’t vary too much between server to server. Just zerg tactics.

Maybe more incentives to become a good commander?

We have good commanders, we need more incentive for people to kitten listen! “I’m not following you, me and 20 other people are gonna run around and get wxp while you fight (and win) outnumbered, but were gonna complain forever if you lose.” <this is the reason our guilds are running untagged and no one wants to tag up.

Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy [LiES] (Leader)||Doesn’t afraid of anything.|

in Match-ups

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Sooo any karma trains on any bl yet?

Was thinking the same thing. I’m guessing all worlds still have players needing the achievements. We just need one BL to flip and a Mercenaries/SM train in EB. As long as we leave the other maps for more organic play for our open field fighters to enjoy.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

Was a blast running 57 golems into Garri last night on JQBL… Their billions of arrow carts wiped us out as we made a few mistakes but it was some of the most fun I have had in the game yet.

I also wanted to give props to an SoS guild, I think it was EP… You guys ran super tight and flowed as a single unit. Much respect to you as you brought your a game, we unfortunately did not. I hope you believe me when I say that normally you would have a better fight and we don’t always have to rely on number to win. Hope to get to face you again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: hints.8036

hints.8036

Wow since when did we get 12 pages of posts?? Looks like its human nature to internalize success and externalize failure..good thing I played a Norn this week :-)

http://twitch.tv/risenfall (delayed stream)

Lvl80(Rank) – Eng(362) Necro(245) Mes(245) Thief(131) Guard(131) Ele(29)

in Match-ups

Posted by: dtzy.5901

dtzy.5901

This thread has been disappointingly cordial.

Anyway,, this week’s match up was fun and did not disappoint! Hoping to get a bit more later.

BG~