15/11 PS/SFR/RS [EU Premier League Round 5]

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

Allow me to join the party.
I guess SFR is confident since they only have to fight Vizunah twice, while Piken has to fight Vizunah 3 times.
SFR’s 2nd place is pretty much guaranteed unless they arent 1st against Augury Rock and Jade Sea.

I guess SFR is confident …. ?? WTF ?? Where are you living man … at the moon?
We are total pug mess now… about 1/2 from our WvW guilds left SFR few week ago.
Our main force are dedicated pugs and few good commanders that are not rage quit yet.

The old SFR2.0 was destroyed at that week 1 (crazy lag, AP hunters, QQ 2-3 hours, rage quitters, funny new guilds, crazy unknown commanders in WvW and so on and so on)… in last few week we have few dedicated players/commanders that are trying to rebuild our SFR again.

PS you have my respect but I see this match … as my little sweet payback for that week 1 that destroy my old SFR2.0.

about you VZ I don’t care that we will not have fair fight between as this season. I will fight to the end … and after that too.

Since we are only fighting you on week 1 and week 7 I had no idea that you were in that state.
Just by looking at your scores, I thought you were still strong since you won all your match-ups and you’re still winning this one.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ozzel.5634

Ozzel.5634

Wish to be piken they must be happy of wiping 2 blob and winning the week,nvm they hide in their spawn

OMG another signet warior with berserker set just found WvW and think that he is special. This is out of control sorry for that PS.
Please accept our apologies.

SFR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kingface.9781

Kingface.9781

OniDrake <3

You’re just patheticly priceless. xD

<3 <3

in Match-ups

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

SFR, if you think you’re so superior to us fight wise, VG will be in your home borders tonight with 20 to 30 players. come in even numbers and we’ll talk again.

20 should wipe 60 if they know how to play. You wanna have GvG against PUGs?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Match-ups

Posted by: OniDrake.4361

OniDrake.4361

Wish to be piken they must be happy of wiping 2 blob and winning the week,nvm they hide in their spawn

OMG another signet warior with berserker set just found WvW and think that he is special. This is out of control sorry for that PS.

Yea sorry piken for ownage

in Match-ups

Posted by: lmcvann.4781

lmcvann.4781

spawn camping of any kind by any server is bad form, sure you can do it, but it is still bad form, gloating about it is possible even worse

in Match-ups

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

SFR, if you think you’re so superior to us fight wise, VG will be in your home borders tonight with 20 to 30 players. come in even numbers and we’ll talk again.

20 should wipe 60 if they know how to play. You wanna have GvG against PUGs?

Ever thought that PUGs know how to play?

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in Match-ups

OniDrake.4361

spawn camping of any kind by any server is bad form, sure you can do it, but it is still bad form, gloating about it is possible even worse

Dude we doind the same u did to us with vizuna the same! U just blind and say is bad but u did dat 24/7 first week, why cant admit it

in Match-ups

Posted by: Surmaturma.4823

Surmaturma.4823

Allow me to join the party.
I guess SFR is confident since they only have to fight Vizunah twice, while Piken has to fight Vizunah 3 times.
SFR’s 2nd place is pretty much guaranteed unless they arent 1st against Augury Rock and Jade Sea.

Nah, Piken just allies with augury next week and pushes you to 2nd place and it is totally new game last week – heck, if Piken plays it’s cards correctly for next 2 weeks they can be tied #1 instead of #4 but shrugs up to them

“To Rasa Sum – and back again!”

(edited by Surmaturma.4823)

in Match-ups

Posted by: lmcvann.4781

lmcvann.4781

Dude we doind the same u did to us with vizuna the same! U just blind and say is bad but u did dat 24/7 first week, why cant admit it

‘dude’ did I say anywhere it was only you guys who did this?, umm no I think I said ‘spawn camping of any kind by any server ’ Ive seen PS do it many times and ive also seen lots of people in map chat ask them to stop, don’t take part myself as I said its bad form.

Cos what happens is the folks being camped log out and do something fun instead and then you have no one to fight, you’re magically playing a single player game this way. This is why I said by any server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gensokyo.1528

Gensokyo.1528

I just wanna make something clear because alot of piken posting in this thread seem to be oblivious to this fact the whole entire reason sfr are acting like this completely focusing piken square is due to the behaviour of piken in the first week of league except in this matchup we fulfill the role vizunah had week one and riverside are basically doing what you did. As far as sfr are concerned after this week is over we forget about week one and justice has been served u understand now exactly how lame it is for a server to play like this but you are the ones who started this trend. Although i fully expect piken to repeat this in the final week as some sort of wierd logic revenge and the animosity between our 2 servers may never end but i hope piken can reflect on their own actions and understand why sfr is acting this way in this curent matchup.

Piken | [Ash] | Epi The Lad
best Druid EU and South Sudan

in Match-ups

OniDrake.4361

I just wanna make something clear because alot of piken posting in this thread seem to be oblivious to this fact the whole entire reason sfr are acting like this completely focusing piken square is due to the behaviour of piken in the first week of league except in this matchup we fulfill the role vizunah had week one and riverside are basically doing what you did. As far as sfr are concerned after this week is over we forget about week one and justice has been served u understand now exactly how lame it is for a server to play like this but you are the ones who started this trend. Although i fully expect piken to repeat this in the final week as some sort of wierd logic revenge and the animosity between our 2 servers may never end but i hope piken can reflect on their own actions and understand why sfr is acting this way in this curent matchup.

+1 but im sure last week they will play again with vizuna even if they lost already

in Match-ups

Kingface.9781

You are the one trying to be persuaded of this, animated by vengence. Piken said multiple times that’s tactic and strategy to play this way and they are ok with this.

Don’t try to turn the things the way it would be better for you because you’re scared of the last MU.

in Match-ups

Gensokyo.1528

You are the one trying to be persuaded of this, animated by vengence. Piken said multiple times that’s tactic and strategy to play this way and they are ok with this.

Don’t try to turn the things the way it would be better for you because you’re scared of the last MU.

okay then what we are doing can also be considered tactic and strategy which somehow justifies it to you so its alright for us to act this way as long as it is not motivated by revenge and if piken are okay with such strategy why do i see so many piken whining about double team? Also im not scared of the last matchup i just know what to expect whatever happens, happens but we will do our best as always. I just wanted everyone to be aware of the cause of the behaviour exhibited during this matchup and to be aware that if this isn’t the way people want wvw matchups to be in the future maybe these so called tactics and strategy should change

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Gensokyo.1528 so your idea of showing that something is wrong/not OK thing to do is to do it yourself? How does it work in your head I wonder?. That’s the lamest excuse I’ve ever seen.

Not to mention that you are arguing over what’s built into the game mode to occur either naturally or intentionally. It is expected to occur. So the whole point of arguing over it with other players is nonsensical.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

Kingface.9781

Change your behavior of revenge instead of the one of strategy.

It’s not because you are vindictive that we should’nt use one of the ways the WvW brings.

And let’s compare the amount of whines from Piken this week about the doubleteaming with the one of SFR on the first MU.

Each one of us will conclude whatever we want.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vayle.7964

Vayle.7964

All we changed is welcome pugs and train them, like vizuna did.Truth is u eating the dust and u cant do much than stay afk at spawn waiting friday

what do you expect if there’s a blob that is twice our number and has everyone on ts is at the doors of our spawn, while we have litterally no one in ts. did I already tell you you outnumbered us twice the entire afternoon/morning?

not to forget SFR’s great tactic: “dont attack RS because than RS will attack us and we might lose stuff that we have from PS at the moment”.

All this dont attack RS come by first week, when u did the same with vizuna on us, so u got payed with the same money, eat dat and try to be fair next times.

I don’t know if you’ve seen the statistics, but we attacked vizunah almost equally. besides, when it was VZ, PS and SFR never ever it happened we were camping a keep gate of SFR that Viz was capping or the other way around. we did flip SM from Viz many times, and RS never flipped your SM, all they ever do is endless trebbing,

and when it comes to open field fights, stomping Viz is even better than stomping SFR because Viz gives better fights. they aren’t as squishy as SFR players and they actually have proper commanders.

you want flame wars? you got it! now let me get my marshmellows.

Commander Vayle The Eternal,
Guild Leader Varangian Guard [VG]

in Match-ups

Gensokyo.1528

Gensokyo.1528 so your idea of showing that something is wrong/not OK thing to do is to do it yourself? How does it work in your head I wonder?. That’s the lamest excuse I’ve ever seen.

Not to mention that you are arguing over what’s built into the game mode to occur either naturally or intentionally. It is expected to occur. So the whole point of arguing over it with other players is nonsensical.

yes i do believe that it is an effective way to show piken such behaviour is wrong if they experience it themselves and feel what we felt, if you know that when you do something to someone the same will happen to you it makes you think twice about your actions although it also inspires in them what we now feel for piken and therefore i expect the final week will pretty much be a rerun of the first

All we changed is welcome pugs and train them, like vizuna did.Truth is u eating the dust and u cant do much than stay afk at spawn waiting friday

what do you expect if there’s a blob that is twice our number and has everyone on ts is at the doors of our spawn, while we have litterally no one in ts. did I already tell you you outnumbered us twice the entire afternoon/morning?

not to forget SFR’s great tactic: “dont attack RS because than RS will attack us and we might lose stuff that we have from PS at the moment”.

All this dont attack RS come by first week, when u did the same with vizuna on us, so u got payed with the same money, eat dat and try to be fair next times.

I don’t know if you’ve seen the statistics, but we attacked vizunah almost equally. besides, when it was VZ, PS and SFR never ever it happened we were camping a keep gate of SFR that Viz was capping or the other way around. we did flip SM from Viz many times, and RS never flipped your SM, all they ever do is endless trebbing,

and when it comes to open field fights, stomping Viz is even better than stomping SFR because Viz gives better fights. they aren’t as squishy as SFR players and they actually have proper commanders.

you want flame wars? you got it! now let me get my marshmellows.

believe me rs would flip sm if they could but they cant we focus on upgrading and defending it where as vizunah were more focused taking lowlands everytime i see piken flip sm vizunah were fighting us inside lowlands at the time and then piken would move on to flip our towers while we were fighting viz then after that piken would move on to spawn killing us. u can talk about stomping sfr all you want but its all subjective i dunno who you were fighting but last night like 30-40 sfr led by klm were wiping full piken map blob inside piken bl we even farmed u inside your northeast tower for like 20mins just left the gate open and you kept coming

(edited by Gensokyo.1528)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Enocka.7421

Enocka.7421

yeah nice doubleteaming FROM RIVERSIDE itself WITH RIVERSIDE itself @ sfr borders atm….

fact1 – SFR focuces Piken – check
fact2 – RS profits alot from fact 1 – getting sfr and piken buildings very easy…
fact3 – everything else is nothing but big bullkitten

rs would be stupid³ not using that SFR—> Piken Hate

http://s14.directupload.net/images/131120/xlfkp79o.jpg

Doubleteaming – NO WAY and NEVER – and yes – piken would be 2nd if sfr wouldnt focus em so extremly hard.

Mate, most people dont see the big picture. sfr IS tryng to stomp piken wether it be double teaming or not. Are they helping rs? yes. Do they double team? Yes, but RS dosent know it, RS is double teaming piken with sfr without knowing it because sfr is on a vendetta mission. Do sfr care wether if piken knows they are being double teamed? No, sfr couldnt give a kitten sfr wants piken to know that they are double teaming to prove without VZ backup piken dosent stand a chance against sfr because in the first week match up piken gave sfr alot of smack because sfr ended up in third place.

Also calling it double teaming with RS is a insult to sfr. Sfr is single handly double teaming piken, RS dosent even do shi!it. SFR is feeding RS points and protecting their towers for them, there is actualy no double teaming its just SFR showing of that they can single handedly make piken think they are being double teamed.

Also SFR commanders and pugs are pretty kitten impressive, they wipe organized guild zergs like its nothing.

single handedly dbl teaming piken thats like saying ill slap you so hard youll think your surrounded. There isnt a server out there that can handle being double teamed youll probably find out again week 7

in Match-ups

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

yes i do believe that it is an effective way to show piken such behaviour is wrong

Aww stop it. There’s nothing complicated in explaining your view on double-teaming being wrong. You don’t need a week of whole server showcasing that while thinking to themselves “We are doing really wrong thing but that’s only to bring the point across so we are good, we are OK”. For me it would be harmful personally to do what I personally think is wrong no matter what anyone else does/did.

TL:DR: I sense hypocrisy/dishonesty here.

And guess what, since you are winning, how does it show anything other than that this tactic DOES WORK?

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in Match-ups

Gensokyo.1528

yes i do believe that it is an effective way to show piken such behaviour is wrong

Aww stop it. There’s nothing complicated in explaining your view on double-teaming being wrong. You don’t need a week of whole server showcasing that while thinking to themselves “We are doing really wrong thing but that’s only to bring the point across so we are good, we are OK”. For me it would be harmful personally to do what I personally think is wrong no matter what anyone else does/did.

TL:DR: I sense hypocrisy/dishonesty here.

And guess what, since you are winning, how does it show anything other than that this tactic DOES WORK?

i’m not saying what we are doing is right that is purely an assumption on your part i’m saying what we are doing is a result pikens actions on week one and that is a fact and by us doing this to you maybe you now understand how it feels to be in that position

in Match-ups

Enocka.7421

They are only kitten ed because they assumed they would win the league and they lost it because they were so unfairly dbl teamed by viz and piken on week 1. PMSL you were not good enough week 1 we are not good enough this week. The question is will you be good enough in week 7 probably not ive enjoyed this week very much as a Piken player lots of fights lots of bags lots of deaths its what wvw is all about

in Match-ups

OniDrake.4361

Piken will have his revenge @last week, well have revenge in season 2, this never gonna stop, since piken justify the 2vs1 saying is tactic.Well justify the revenge as a tactic as well.
If piken come third this one, wanna see wich tactic they will use doing 2vs1 with vizuna again even if they lost already.They will prolly say is new tactic to not end up with 0 points, in case vizuna/sfr ally vs piken.Trash server

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dark.7213

Dark.7213

Well done Pikenians pugs and guild groups in EB this evening, gj Logamin the pug commander it was awesome fight against 2 coordinated blobs of SFR & RS wiped them several times and turned their t3 SM to paper, I had the pleasure of killing both their commanders with my OP necro (Rs commander at dredge cave entrance Anzalias side & SFR commander inside SM inner) and had full bags 3 times during the fight. Keep the spirit up till week 7 which will be the payback time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Minze.7065

Minze.7065

Well done Pikenians pugs and guild groups in EB this evening, gj Logamin the pug commander it was awesome fight against 2 coordinated blobs of SFR & RS wiped them several times and turned their t3 SM to paper, I had the pleasure of killing both their commanders with my OP necro (Rs commander at dredge cave entrance Anzalias side & SFR commander inside SM inner) and had full bags 3 times during the fight. Keep the spirit up till week 7 which will be the payback time.

Sorry to say that, but SFR was without any commander since about 1 hour before you took sm. We was running around like headless chicken and fought wild chaotic but funny fights inside sm. I liked it pretty much.

But “coordinated”? Never. But thanks for saying that.

in Match-ups

Enocka.7421

Piken will have his revenge @last week, well have revenge in season 2, this never gonna stop, since piken justify the 2vs1 saying is tactic.Well justify the revenge as a tactic as well.
If piken come third this one, wanna see wich tactic they will use doing 2vs1 with vizuna again even if they lost already.They will prolly say is new tactic to not end up with 0 points, in case vizuna/sfr ally vs piken.Trash server

Nah well do it just to annoy you as youve probably taken a week off work or called in sick just to get your so called REVENGE seeing as you take it so personally its a game but im glad you get really upset about it that you have to post here continually about how piken did this and that I personally dont worry about PPT i worry about how many kills i get on the field. But what you will probably do is not play week 7 and just post trash here like you have done all week. I would continue to take the kitten out of you but nature already did that.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vin.7514

Vin.7514

Here is difference of first week match up and this. Most Pikens aren’t blaming Riverside for taking this opportunity to focus on Piken and get 2nd this week(they earned it). I doubt there will be any “revenge” next time Piken and Riverside are in same match-up. Most trolling/flaming in this thread isn’t between Riverside and Piken, but SFR and Piken.

I don’t care what rank Piken end up in this league, but I am glad that SFR and that bandwagon army which joined it before league dont get rank 1. Lower SFR get this league better it is for future leagues so maybe players stop server hopping before leagues.

(edited by Vin.7514)

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnknownRH.4592

UnknownRH.4592

awesome fights with SCND on Riverside BL. Respect!! Those were one of the best fights we ever had.

Best Regards,
SFRJ

Centurion in Balkan legion (SFRJ)
Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

Greetings all!

Necrosis had an absolute blast tonight in Riverside BL.We were 7-9 and we were running around looking for fights in the ruins and at the northern part of the map.
Kuddos to ZDs.EB,VG and SCND for the fights!
(SCND y u all so bunkery )…

Also personaly i would like to thank the thief that dueled me near the camp from northern hills.Lets do it again!

Finaly we closed our raid with a very special commando-ninja style cap of a T2 Bay from SFR.We practicly 7maned it
Gl and hf for the rest of the match-up

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Your the first decent SFR poster I’ve ever seen. You are literally a glimmer of hope that SFR has a good community at heart. Stick around!

You are*

I guess you don’t read much on these forums then.

(Please don’t let me go searching for posts from ilmau or drq just to name 2 very important players in our community)

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Match-ups

Kingface.9781

Important doesn’t mean decent.

De nada.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

Very good fights tonight, thankyou SFRJ, OSC, and others for the open field, and OP for the awesome scrimms down at windmill.

Been a very fun matchup, with an entertaining thread to boot \o/

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lisellen.7048

Lisellen.7048

Not from this match-up, but still an advertisement for portal bombs. Bring them back! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpmCv0ly98c

Second Law [Scnd] – Riverside

in Match-ups

Posted by: Veinsmeet.4385

Veinsmeet.4385

Good solid fights on RS borderland earlier. [SFRJ] vs [Scnd] was great fun.

Veinsmeet -Team Aggression[TA]
All is vein

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darki.9204

Darki.9204

With the current Seafarer logic, Piken should hate Riverside for “teaming” up with SFR and next match up only focus them and “team” up with other server to show them “revenge” and how Piken “felt”. As I see here nobody is complaining about Viz that was the server that chose to focus Seafarer like Seafarer focuses Piken now. Instead it’s the second server that took advantage of the situation that is getting the “revenge” cause Seafarer know they can’t beat Vizunah and get the revenge they truely want. They are just really hurt and angry cause Vizunah made them come last and they can’t take revenge on Viz so they want to take revenge on Piken.
It would be really sad if Piken had such a community like that and would only focus Riverside next time they meet and show them how “Piken” felt which actually had fun fighting Riverside.

in Match-ups

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

I think some ppl forget about the leader points. Just imagine the first matchup had never happened, then it would also make perfect sense for sfr to focus only piken. After all piken are rank two with two points ahead, so…

it was written…

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hiei.8697

Hiei.8697

RS never flipped your SM, all they ever do is endless trebbing,

this is a lie! they flipped our t3 SM while we were capping piken keep! and i went into EB only 2 times this day, i play in borderlands most of the time.. (the other time SM was paper and flipped every 5 mins!)

in Match-ups

OniDrake.4361

Nah well do it just to annoy you as youve probably taken a week off work or called in sick just to get your so called REVENGE seeing as you take it so personally its a game but im glad you get really upset about it that you have to post here continually about how piken did this and that I personally dont worry about PPT i worry about how many kills i get on the field. But what you will probably do is not play week 7 and just post trash here like you have done all week. I would continue to take the kitten out of you but nature already did that.

If u just play for the kills and not for the win then u are casual.I play to be first in any game i played.But we know already piken is casual pve server,much more since pve desolation move there w

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joriel.1530

Joriel.1530

Piken players say its ok to double team because its strategy bla bla bla and they dont care SFR is double teaming them now.. so what was your strategy when you doubled teamed with Viz on 1st round? to give victory for them already?

Wouldnt it be wiser to team up agaisnt Viz instead, knowing they would come strong for league?

But what i feel its like, if they (piken) cant be nº 1 international EU server so let just Vizuna be than.

There was no strategy on the 1st round, just pure envy and hatred against SFR acomplishments

i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz | GTX 780 | 8GB GSKILL RAM @ 1866mhz

in Match-ups

Gensokyo.1528

thing i dont get about piken is they say they play strategically by focusing us but they also say they dont care about points or where they end up that they only care about fights well what is the strategy behind this when u have no goal of placement in the league to focus one server and not have potential good fights with the other. piken def had bad feelings towards sfr before league started i know this for sure if anything if piken really dont care about points or league position you prob focused us on week one because you simply didnt like us and not due to strategy as you claim and if it was strategy then you want to place as high in league as possible and certainly do care about winning when u claim u dont.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Balzamon.1396

Balzamon.1396

Piken players say its ok to double team because its strategy bla bla bla and they dont care SFR is double teaming them now.. so what was your strategy when you doubled teamed with Viz on 1st round? to give victory for them already?

Wouldnt it be wiser to team up agaisnt Viz instead, knowing they would come strong for league?

But what i feel its like, if they (piken) cant be nº 1 international EU server so let just Vizuna be than.

There was no strategy on the 1st round, just pure envy and hatred against SFR acomplishments

well…befor league you SFR was the server to beat (you guys were no 1 on the leaderboard not viz) so why should we not “focus” a bit more on you guys in the first week? nobody was able to tell what viz will bring onto the field.

I was playing a bit during that first week (not too much queues you know) but when i was in EB it was more or less SFR → hits anza/mendons
Viz → SM
and we mostly went to cap SM back all the time (because so many players just wanted the wxp/AP´s).

Tell me, if you get attacked from one guy and that one guy gets attacked from another guy, would you rather sit back and enjoy them fighting + maybe hit the guy that attacked you too or would you go and stab the guy that actually fights your enemy in the back?

Also from what i saw viz had always tones of siege and scouts so its just normal to go for easier targets.
humans are opportunistic ^^

Commander Ireth Alcàrin [NíP]
Piken Square
Community Officer @ http://gw2community.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Magnar.5730

Magnar.5730

Some stats from the last time we met EB
http://www.gw2wvw-score.com

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

With the current Seafarer logic, Piken should hate Riverside for “teaming” up with SFR and next match up only focus them and “team” up with other server to show them “revenge” and how Piken “felt”. As I see here nobody is complaining about Viz that was the server that chose to focus Seafarer like Seafarer focuses Piken now. Instead it’s the second server that took advantage of the situation that is getting the “revenge” cause Seafarer know they can’t beat Vizunah and get the revenge they truely want. They are just really hurt and angry cause Vizunah made them come last and they can’t take revenge on Viz so they want to take revenge on Piken.
It would be really sad if Piken had such a community like that and would only focus Riverside next time they meet and show them how “Piken” felt which actually had fun fighting Riverside.

As one of the piken commanders, I can tell you my feelings towards riverside and, though I cannot speak for my colleagues, I imagine a fair few of they and the troops feel the same way.

I don’t feel angry towards Riverside, I feel disappointed and puzzled. I cannot imagine how they accepted what was done to them this match up. They didn’t “profit” from the situation, they were used. They took the scraps and crumbs that Seafarers left for them, once the heavy lifting had been done.

I once took the step of speaking out against the first and only “official alliance” that some piken commanders tried with another server long ago. I picked up a handful of bold troops and we went out and proved that we could win our own victories by crushing an “allied” tower into dust. It was a small thing, but it speaks volumes for how I think most players want to feel when they play in WvW. They want to feel they achieved something for themselves, not that they achieved what they were given, or allowed to win at.

A server like Gunnars Hold would have marched over to seafarers and piken equally, taking victories here and there. Whenever Piken troops speak of Gunnars, it is with respect and a feeling that if they had more numbers, they would be in a much better place, but that even without them, they fight well and with a true heart.

A server like Riverside isn’t seen as bad, they are seen as nothing. They were a colour on the map, one that occasionally moved in after a seafarers force and sometimes did some nameless field fighting here or there. I cannot imagine what it must be like for the Riverside commanders or the troops they led. Did not one speak out and demand a worthy battle or were they all content to follow along?

It is noteworthy that Seafarers didn’t even act as a kind master, because on occasion I did see them amuse themselves by taking the Riverside EB keep. It wasn’t done for any other reason than to rub Riversides face in the dirt. A reminder that they shouldn’t think for themselves and they just accepted it. Piken would have gotten angry and lashed out, but Riverside….they just accepted the beating and meekly tidied up the map afterwards, retaking their EB keep and shrugging that it was one of those things and surely wouldn’t happen again.

What I will take from this week is that Seafarers is my worthy foe. It has been said that we can judge ourselves on the quality of our enemies and in that I am pleased.

But Riverside….in a week I will have forgotten them and it saddens me that they have let their light, courage and pride fall so low. It is better to be admired, hated even, than to be unsung and unremembered.

(edited by chronometria.3708)

in Match-ups

UnknownRH.4592

As one of the piken commanders, I can tell you my feelings towards riverside and, though I cannot speak for my colleagues, I imagine a fair few of they and the troops feel the same way.

I don’t feel angry towards Riverside, I feel disappointed and puzzled. I cannot imagine how they accepted what was done to them this match up. They didn’t “profit” from the situation, they were used. They took the scraps and crumbs that Seafarers left for them, once the heavy lifting had been done.

I once took the step of speaking out against the first and only “official alliance” that some piken commanders tried with another server long ago. I picked up a handful of bold troops and we went out and proved that we could win our own victories by crushing an “allied” tower into dust. It was a small thing, but it speaks volumes for how I think most players want to feel when they play in WvW. They want to feel they achieved something for themselves, not that they achieved what they were given, or allowed to win at.

A server like Gunnars Hold would have marched over to seafarers and piken equally, taking victories here and there. Whenever Piken troops speak of Gunnars, it is with respect and a feeling that if they had more numbers, they would be in a much better place, but that even without them, they fight well and with a true heart.

A server like Riverside isn’t seen as bad, they are seen as nothing. They were a colour on the map, one that occasionally moved in after a seafarers force and sometimes did some nameless field fighting here or there. I cannot imagine what it must be like for the Riverside commanders or the troops they led. Did not one speak out and demand a worthy battle or were they all content to follow along?

It is noteworthy that Seafarers didn’t even act as a kind master, because on occasion I did see them amuse themselves by taking the Riverside EB keep. It wasn’t done for any other reason than to rub Riversides face in the dirt. A reminder that they shouldn’t think for themselves and they just accepted it. Piken would have gotten angry and lashed out, but Riverside….they just accepted the beating and meekly tidied up the map afterwards, retaking their EB keep and shrugging that it was one of those things and surely wouldn’t happen again.

What I will take from this week is that Seafarers is my worthy foe. It has been said that we can judge ourselves on the quality of our enemies and in that I am pleased.

But Riverside….in a week I will have forgotten them and it saddens me that they have let their light, courage and pride fall so low. It is better to be admired, hated even, than to be unsung and unremembered.

There is nothing wrong with Riverside and nothing wrong with SFR strategy. You just do not get it. If you call Riverside as being used by SFR then it will not be hard to agree that Piken was used in the first week by VS. Which I as Pikeneer strongly disagree in both cases. I did believe we could beat SFR without VS in the MU but I was wrong. Either SFR proved it or we proved it ourselves in this MU is something that does not matter atm. Double focus is part of WvW setup and will always be part of it and we did used that in week 1 to win. Intentional double teaming is something else which I will never believe to exist here. Hold your horses here my fellows and accept the defeat with respect. We were double focused every matchup after week 1 and we won all of them. Just because we loose this MU does not mean we have to cry about it. And that is what SFR trolls want!! see us cry here.

Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

In many cases this not even a strategy. It is just that most SFR people right now (pugs and guilds and commanders included) instinctively gravitate towards attacking Piken. It is a game, we do as we enjoy and that side just looks more enjoyable right now.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If you call Riverside as being used by SFR then it will not be hard to agree that Piken was used in the first week by VS.

Piken didnt fold to Viz. Only delusional SFR claim that. We tried to fight them at every corner. But you know what? It didnt work. Even if a 60 man blob went down, there was another 60 behind them. And when you did manage to beat them both, 80 people came 5 minutes later because apparently their entire philosophy is “if you didnt beat them you didnt outnumber them enough”. Fighting Vizunah quickly turned into “oh god not three times our forces again, uuuugh…”. Which is why between two hard targets, many choose to punch SFR instead. Because in that matchup we could beat them 1 on 1.

in Match-ups

UnknownRH.4592

If you call Riverside as being used by SFR then it will not be hard to agree that Piken was used in the first week by VS.

Piken didnt fold to Viz. Only delusional SFR claim that. We tried to fight them at every corner. But you know what? It didnt work. Even if a 60 man blob went down, there was another 60 behind them. And when you did manage to beat them both, 80 people came 5 minutes later because apparently their entire philosophy is “if you didnt beat them you didnt outnumber them enough”. Fighting Vizunah quickly turned into “oh god not three times our forces again, uuuugh…”. Which is why between two hard targets, many choose to punch SFR instead. Because in that matchup we could beat them 1 on 1.

We are dilusional at this moment as well mate. Are you seriously telling me that SFR and RS did not even fight this MU. Well they did and they have caped each other whenever possible. But when it comes to 3 blobs fight they both focused us down first. Coz none of the 2 servers want us to cap it whatever we are fighting for or defending. They rather have it capped with SFR or RS then us. I am not saying we are not being double focused but that post was giving an idea that PS thinks they are intentionally doing it. Which they are not. Deal with it. Or prove me wrong in the last MU when we will not go for SFR in week 7. Because you know deep down you will let VS have a capped point then to let SFR have it.

Warrior and Elementalist
Far ShiverPeaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ohgrinho.4832

Ohgrinho.4832

Thanx to SFR and PS for the good fights so far. We understand, that it isn’t just us, that we possibly finish at second this week because of the current ranking situation. And of course, we take advantage of this situation and we are focussing on Piken Square as well. But they try to deal with this situation so they’ve earned my respect.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Senninha.4105

Senninha.4105

This thread has become so silly i dont even have the words for it anymore. The endless accusations/defending by SFR/Piken has become so pathetic that i am ashamed to call myself a gamer. Games are played to have fun and what is happening between SFR/Piken at the moment is just plain STUPIDITY and has nothing to do anymore with having fun. Ive been a gamer for over 30 years now and play games online on regular bases since the end of the 90’s. Over these years ive seen plenty of flaming/trolling on the average game forum, but to be honest i never witnessed so much crap between players like we did on https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/15-11-PS-SFR-RS-EU-Premier-League-Round-5/page/9#post3237268 and on https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/matchups/18-10-PS-SFR-VZ-EU-Premier-League-Round-1.

Before WvW season 1 started SFR made a goal to themselfs and that was being the best european server in GW2. A noble goal if you ask me and to be fair a reasonable one because they showed since GW2 launch that SFR has been a top 5 european server over the last year in WvW. Sadly for SFR their aspirations to become 1st in WvW season 1 got crushed by Vizunah/Piken during week 1. Ever since that “famous” week 1 some SFR forum warriors are putting all the blame on Piken wich is just idiotic and just shows how narrow minded some SFR players are. So far Vizunah have won every MU and my prediction will be that Vizunah will win the remaining MU’s. So even if SFR became 2nd during week 1 SFR would not achieve their goal. After week 1 Piken got accused by SFR for double teaming, spawnkilling, PvD’ers, nightcappers, hackers etc. etc. etc.. SFR tried every trick in the book with their forum warriors to provoke Piken wich in some cases did happen and some cases didnt happen.

So many Piken/Vizunah players already stated numerous times on the forums did we NEVER double teamed SFR on purpose, Piken/Vizunah NEVER made an agreement to double team SFR during week 1. The only thing Piken decided during week 1 was to focus on SFR once we found out Vizunah was out of our grasp due to their better coverage and we saw a change to become 2nd, if SFR was in the same situation as Piken was during week 1 i am SURE you would have done exactly the same, because why focus on the strongest server and become 3rd or take advantage of the situation and try to become 2nd wich we eventually did. Isnt this the whole set up about this WvW season to score the most points over a period of time???

Dont get me wrong here dear SFR players, i am not blaming you for focussing on us (Piken) during this week’s MU because like i said before this WvW season is about gathering as much points in a certain amount of time, the only thing that troubles and saddens me is that some SFR forum warriors throwing mud towards Piken since week 1 and blaming us for losing your goal to become 1st in the european WvW season. Is it so hard for you to admit that Vizunah was a bridge to far for SFR? Besides that this whole theatrical nonsense on the forum wasnt necessary if you looked at the MU’s during these 7 weeks, because you SFR players will only meet Vizunah 2 times during this WvW season and Piken 3 times so changes are quite BIG you will end up 2nd.

Can we just stop this childish and endless mud throwing towards each other and ACTUALLY enjoy playing the game like it was ment for. There is nothing wrong with some healthy competition between servers/guilds but what is happening atm on this forum thread is anything but healthy. Gaming is a very important part of my life to fill my days with due to my sickness (muscular dystrophy) and it really saddens/angers me if people are bickering over a game like its the end of the world, but hey finding mutual respect for each other and having FUN on the internet is really hard to find these days…

Exussum, Piken Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Troma.3250

Troma.3250

Nothing changed.

Usual hate and flame from too much SFR guys. You do not even realize the VS pre-league was just a lot weaker version, with much problems and karmatrainers everywhere. Then the VS people came back in tournament mode, like in the past, + the appelauxarmes website bringed a lot of players back (visited by 12000 people) and the first week was the most dangerous we ever done. Ever. We were in a super sayan enraged mode, fueled by league, SFR, the call to arms and many other reasons.

The stats are still here:

http://i.imgur.com/dxmQhNi.jpg?1

You can trash, blame piken, imagine we did a secret pact, if you want. But you cannot deny the truth: i asked VS to full focus SFR because of old rivalty, because you are strong, because you disrespect us, because we wanted to show the true face of an angry Vizunah. Piken never trashed us, and if they choosed to attack you it was because of your forum warriors and less defenses/scouts. They explained it many times, but you only listen your anger.

I quote an old SFR veteran on reddit:

“AescalaPuG Commander – Seafarer’s Rest 7 points 1 mois de ça

We have a lot of new people here in SFR, they along with some of the old (see below) dont seem to remember Vizunah at its strongest. They think we will roll over everyone as a massive bandwagon easily.
It wont be so, and I look forward to the fight."

You are now working with/for your pick up i heard, instead of trash them. I seen the term “SFR spirit” too on pevepe.net: you trashed me many time when i said Vizunah Spirit for the first time.

So there is maybe hope: to understand we do not build a strong community with hate, but with hard work, dedication and sincerity. I think guys like Kresh and some others have the power to build something respectful and strong. Will it be destroyed by egotic guys?

Future will tell.

co-founder of Grand Cross Alliance
General of Grand Cross Knights [GCK]
www.grandcross.fr/codex-gck

(edited by Troma.3250)