31/5 - EB - BP - AR

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: llkoolaid.8204

llkoolaid.8204

Good fights tonight at the fight club in EB BL – specifically to you vT guys.

-Menorah

Also we need to set up an actual GvG between you BP guys and GH. I wasn’t there for it, but I heard that our impromptu group didn’t fare too well. We’ll give you guys a bigger challenge next time

As an impromptu group they didn’t do that bad. Yes they lost, but it was 2-1. It might have been a different outcome if BP ran into GH instead of GH running into BP.

Overall it was a lot of fun!

-Rent-a-Gollum- call 555-kalkz
80MES – Dr Sweet Cheeks/80WAR – Jegudiel
80GRD – Sir Sweet Cheeks/80ELE – D J Diddles

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

Many thanks to Rekz for the GvG’s tonight. As anticipated, was a great, eye-opening experience. Also, many thanks to Tira for the post-match pointers! Super helpful

I always miss getting to see this kind of stuff… T.T

Worry not, you didn’t miss much beyond the usual (Rekz was very gracious in buying us round after round of dirt naps … I’d imagine their wallets would be empty if not for all the bags we reimbursed them with hehehe. I think we went ~10 rounds, and from what I could see got a grand total of 1 confirmed kill in the final round.

We’ve got a lot to work on, but I think with patience and practice we may one day get there. Certainly with Tira’s input, and many other of EBay’s friendlies, it’s been a huge help

You sold us short! We had 3 kills at the end – mwhahaha. Soon we will have 4!

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Korav.8462

Korav.8462

I rarely post in these threads because anything positive is drowned out by e-flexing, e-tears, and trash talk, but I digress. There were some very enjoyable fights won and lost this weekend, particularly yesterday in BP borderlands during the afternoon and in AR borderlands in the evening (eastern time for reference).

Shout out to [TDME], I know you guys have quite a lot of underlevels, but you guys don’t run from a fight, so good luck in gearing and leveling and building a solid team. One thing though… Beware of Safe Fall traits

Also to [vT], very tough group and I was hoping we could catch you with more even odds, unfortunately it didn’t happen. The fighting outside of “briar” earlier in the night where you had a few others not in [vT] (sorry didn’t catch the guild names) was a very interesting tactic that was very effective, so thank you for the thought provoking encounter.

Shout out to BP in general for really upping your large force tactics in the last few weeks! If you ever get to the point where you can use those tactics in conjunction with your smaller tactical strike forces you will really be a tough fight.

Guardian
-Ehmry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

Also to [vT], very tough group and I was hoping we could catch you with more even odds, unfortunately it didn’t happen. The fighting outside of “briar” earlier in the night where you had a few others not in [vT] (sorry didn’t catch the guild names) was a very interesting tactic that was very effective, so thank you for the thought provoking encounter.

[vT] & Others lastnight, like Korav said, you guys gave us some interesting fights, and some future discussion of builds for our Core Group. I hope we run into you guy some more before the pairings change.

Also to the poor dude(didn’t catch guild tag) who was building Omega Golems(He lost two) at AR north Supply Camp. Try building them away from the Camp next time. Areas off the normal path. I know its quicker to build in the camp, but its a higher risk. Building Behind the building at the Vista, or in the Orb Archers might be safer.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aerion Hemmelk.5192

Aerion Hemmelk.5192

It was fun fighting BP. You guys need to improve alot tho

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

-Menorah

Also we need to set up an actual GvG between you BP guys and GH. I wasn’t there for it, but I heard that our impromptu group didn’t fare too well. We’ll give you guys a bigger challenge next time

Missed it.
They said it was fun though.

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: FearTheAmish.8730

FearTheAmish.8730

So i have to say i have discovered BP doing some interesting zerg stuff in Eternal lately. I love how you guys are starting to portal bomb. But piece of advise, you use it to much because when we see you pull back in a group we know its coming. Also don’t port next to a cliff because i will just lay a few mark right on top of you and send you off said cliff. This isn’t a troll just trying to be helpful because it was a ton of good fights and was kinda DOH worthy when you wiped our siege this way. (this was happening last night outside of SM by that bridge)

AmishDriveby Asura Necro [GH]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dio.2394

Dio.2394

So i have to say i have discovered BP doing some interesting zerg stuff in Eternal lately. I love how you guys are starting to portal bomb. But piece of advise, you use it to much because when we see you pull back in a group we know its coming. Also don’t port next to a cliff because i will just lay a few mark right on top of you and send you off said cliff. This isn’t a troll just trying to be helpful because it was a ton of good fights and was kinda DOH worthy when you wiped our siege this way. (this was happening last night outside of SM by that bridge)

Thanks for taking the time to post useful feedback. A couple of reasons for seeing the portal bombs so much.
1) It’s been working and is fun. This really goes to your comment that it is becoming predictable and you are spot on that we are a bit like a kid with a new toy at the moment.
2) A lot of people have leveled mesmer alts in the past couple weeks and this weekend there was an effort by a few commanders to portal bomb simply to give people practice and confidence.

This weekend was a lot of fun for me. I killed a lot of stuff and got killed a lot too, but no matter which end of the killing I was on the fights were very fun!

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evilzara.6378

Evilzara.6378

Ehmry is flipping keeps in AR BL like they’re camps..

Commander Evilzara of The Black Tides [TBT]

Stormbluff Isle

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: itohead.2749

itohead.2749

Many thanks to Rekz for the GvG’s tonight. As anticipated, was a great, eye-opening experience. Also, many thanks to Tira for the post-match pointers! Super helpful

I always miss getting to see this kind of stuff… T.T

Worry not, you didn’t miss much beyond the usual (Rekz was very gracious in buying us round after round of dirt naps … I’d imagine their wallets would be empty if not for all the bags we reimbursed them with hehehe. I think we went ~10 rounds, and from what I could see got a grand total of 1 confirmed kill in the final round.

We’ve got a lot to work on, but I think with patience and practice we may one day get there. Certainly with Tira’s input, and many other of EBay’s friendlies, it’s been a huge help

You sold us short! We had 3 kills at the end – mwhahaha. Soon we will have 4!

Haha I’d say you guys provided a solid challenge though. I’m still getting used to my build so I had to work on my positioning because front line was on me quite a bit. Nobody likes the guy throwing nades :p

[FLCL]
80 Ele 80 Engi
one man guild

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nak.8315

Nak.8315

I haven’t seen much of AR this pairing (last as well), but rumor someone in our map chat was stating they were intentionally trying to tank so they could get shipped down a tier.

I suppose its easy to PVD when there is no one around to man the arrow carts.

Nak
Call of Fate[CoF]
Ehmry Bay

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: KnattyDreads.1856

KnattyDreads.1856

To Evilzara and the Warrior from [BURN] ; Thank you for the lunchtime duels, they were very enjoyable and challenging.

-Emhry Bay-
Call of Fate [CoF]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Sorry to those TMDR guys who tried to interrupt the duel between GH/TRI. Guess you can call that mess collateral damage ;(

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

To Evilzara and the Warrior from [BURN] ; Thank you for the lunchtime duels, they were very enjoyable and challenging.

Thank you as well! One of the best mesmers I’ve seen!

Stormbluff Isle

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

I haven’t seen much of AR this pairing (last as well), but rumor someone in our map chat was stating they were intentionally trying to tank so they could get shipped down a tier.

I suppose its easy to PVD when there is no one around to man the arrow carts.

It’s been a rough couple of weeks as an AR WvWer I can tell you. I dont know how much of our lack of presence is intentional or if its just burn out. I suppose we’ll find out when the matchups get shifted. I do know I have a RL friend who I introduced to GW2 a couple of months back and they loved the game. They had a bit of good luck and had a couple of good nights their first week in WvW. Then they had the “average AR experience” in this matchup the week after and the week after that and haven’t been back since. Haha. No doubt being stuck in this matchup has been a morale buster to significant degree. Guess we’ll see how well the morale bounces back next week.

One thing I realize more and more is that AR, in WvW, really is mainly a pug server. At least from my perspective as an AR player. And I admit that my opinion is based on a limited perspective of only what I see while I play. And what I see is multiple guilds from the same server with a presence of 10 or more members. Guilds like pk, FTF, Rekz, GH, WFD. Does AR have anything like that? I know ALS is a pretty big guild, but don’t see them with the focus or presence I’ve seen of them in the past back in the BP/NSP days. I know WAR is out there, but all I’ve seen as of late is karma train calls.

Since AR is mainly a pug server, if we do have guilds out there doing stuff, the majority of the pugs are unaware of it. If we want to get focused and organized and become a stronger server then we need to communicate in a way where pugs(the majority of our force) are in the loop and get them working together. I dont mean the guild groups have to bring pugs with them, but at least use the pugs for something like supply flips, misdirects, etc. I dont think we have that.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

(edited by BrimstoneAshe.5043)

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jinks.2057

Jinks.2057

Only a few more days left until new match ups!!!

I think next week will be EB/BP/AR again though LOL

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

I rarely post in these threads because anything positive is drowned out by e-flexing, e-tears, and trash talk, but I digress. There were some very enjoyable fights won and lost this weekend, particularly yesterday in BP borderlands during the afternoon and in AR borderlands in the evening (eastern time for reference).

Shout out to [TDME], I know you guys have quite a lot of underlevels, but you guys don’t run from a fight, so good luck in gearing and leveling and building a solid team. One thing though… Beware of Safe Fall traits

Shout out to BP in general for really upping your large force tactics in the last few weeks! If you ever get to the point where you can use those tactics in conjunction with your smaller tactical strike forces you will really be a tough fight.

The other guild that plays with us sometimes is called [NERF] if that’s who you meant.

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

-Menorah

The fight club was great! [vT] Has a lot of respect for everyone in [GH], you’ve given us awesome fights and definitely made us better players. You guys are a great guild with some very skilled players, you’ll do well in any tier you go to.

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

[vT] & Others lastnight, like Korav said, you guys gave us some interesting fights, and some future discussion of builds for our Core Group. I hope we run into you guy some more before the pairings change.

Haha, yeah those were some fun fights. We chased you guys around for a little bit hoping we could overcome the odds =)

Great teamwork and coordination by [COF] though, keep up the good work.

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

6% chance to get this matchup next week. 65% chance one of you guys are fighting EBay again.

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I don’t know what the hells is happening with Egobay in Eternal tonight, but are you guys using something special?

My whole group is crashing each time you mesmer portal. We all freeze up and have to end task and reboot GW2.

No idea what happening.

P.S : By the way I hope you guys love the double pull

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

I don’t know what the hells is happening with Egobay in Eternal tonight, but are you guys using something special?

My whole group is crashing each time you mesmer portal. We all freeze up and have to end task and reboot GW2.

No idea what happening.

P.S : By the way I hope you guys love the double pull

I’m sure it’s just the awesome stability this latest patch seems to have brought to WvW. The reason it’s happening when Ebay uses a portal is they actually use mesmer portals is my guess. AR… not so much.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

You’d think it’s raining cat and dogs.

Oh noes guys, we must not do anything in WvW till this siege limit bug is fixed and lag/dc isssues are resolved or else we might besmirch our honor.

We definitely don’t want to rustle more Dovgan and Kardiamond jimmies.

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

Yeah I was so wrong, you guys were totally ready for tier 4 with these tactics. Man I would be super proud. (Let the 1 spam flow through you, nice initial wipe too, gg)LOL.

Not a jimmie was rustled (we know you prefer fighting doors to people). Besides, we took the keep back with 8 while EBay bravely attempted to spawn camp.

Attachments:

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

Hey AR, you’re in the wrong borderlands.

Attachments:

Stormbluff Isle

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Luzano.6983

Yeah I was so wrong, you guys were totally ready for tier 4 with these tactics. Man I would be super proud. (Let the 1 spam flow through you, nice initial wipe too, gg)LOL.

Not a jimmie was rustled (we know you prefer fighting doors to people). Besides, we took the keep back with 8 while EBay bravely attempted to spawn camp.

You’re dead though :]

That’s 2 dead screenshots you posted too lol.

(edited by Luzano.6983)

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pedra.4381

Pedra.4381

If you were in Eternal, remember, Ebay has told us they don’t have any real Commanders there.

JonPeters.5630:]I do still believe ranger is the profession in most need of improvement…

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Dovgan.8605

I’m OK with not being immortal. Sadly you have SEVERAL trolls who just aren’t. Just stay tucked deep inside a zerg, risks are for real players.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Luzano.6983

I’m OK with not being immortal. Sadly you have SEVERAL trolls who just aren’t. Just stay tucked deep inside a zerg, risks are for real players.

Like you said earlier, best to just ignore them.

But it seems like they rustle your jimmies so much that you feel the need to reply here with sad insults :]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

If you were in Eternal, remember, Ebay has told us they don’t have any real Commanders there.

And it’s true, most of our “greener” Cmdrs run EBG. Most of our heaviest hitters stick to the various BL’s because those are actually higher stakes. Whereas EBG is more simply a tug-of-war half the time.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Dovgan.8605

Like you said earlier, best to just ignore them.

But it seems like they rustle your jimmies so much that you feel the need to reply here with sad insults :]

I have a little secret, I do it on purpose.

Some of the postings from the trolls are comedy gold.
(The sad fact that some of them so adamantly buy into what they are saying makes it even better.)

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

(edited by Dovgan.8605)

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

did I roll over your group? sorry… :P

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Luzano.6983

Just posting some photos throughout the weeks from these matchups.

Attachments:

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Evilzara.6378

It’s funny because after you took that camp, GH/Rekz/FTF came on the map with a lot and you guys disappeared. Maybe my message got across.

(When I posted the screenie your BL was all green)

Stormbluff Isle

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

I still love that loot bag pic. Proof positive that leaping off the cliff does little good in avoiding badge-giving. The only thing it accomplishes is letting you bypass the whole downed state struggle. Anyone who has given you a good whack or two still gets kill-credit.

Also the convo in that soggy Dolyak pic. If fraternizing with the enemy is treason, I’d have to go up for firing squad several times now. I’ve been to both “enemy” Lion’s Arch’es several times, and have found our opponents most hospitable folk. =3

Yumiko Togashii

(edited by KStudios.2850)

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

It’s funny because after you took that camp, GH/Rekz/FTF came on the map with a lot and you guys disappeared. Maybe my message got across.

(When I posted the screenie your BL was all green)

Maybe that was the point of us coming to your map? We took 2 towers btw. Once we saw that they followed.. … we left them for you to have fun with. Ebay zergs are so easy to manipulate.

-K

-K

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Luzano.6983

I still love that loot bag pic. Proof positive that leaping off the cliff does little good in avoiding badge-giving. The only thing it accomplishes is letting you bypass the whole downed state struggle. Anyone who has given you a good whack or two still gets kill-credit.

Also the convo in that soggy Dolyak pic. If fraternizing with the enemy is treason, I’d have to go up for firing squad several times now. I’ve been to both “enemy” Lion’s Arch’es several times, and have found our opponents most hospitable folk. =3

Haha, I was just teasing Potato Plant about talking with Evilzara. We party up with other servers all the time too.

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: LAD Infinitum.1675

LAD Infinitum.1675

Aside from the fact that this picture is legitimately meme-worthy, I think it also depicts a comical view of the commander / zerg situation in GW2 (it made me chuckle, and I hope you do too!).

Attachments:

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Count up the forum warrior posts from each server in this thread, and you’ll find AR has a nice lead.

(edited by Faux Sheaux.6179)

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

Aside from the fact that this picture is legitimately meme-worthy, I think it also depicts a comical view of the commander / zerg situation in GW2 (it made me chuckle, and I hope you do too!).

Lol! He’s all ready to take on SM! XD

Yumiko Togashii

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Count up the forum warrior posts from each server in this thread, and you’ll find AR has a nice lead.

I beg to disagree

You have to also account the quality, and Dovgan just doing it to copy them.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Fun fights this week gents. Especially to the 3mans I layed waste to from GH and other random guilds, You provided much needed footage for my new video.

/bow

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Dovgan.8605

LOL the siege bug is so ridiculous. One golem, 13 tower and 3 keep captures, 95% health at the end of it’s run. (We retired the old girl, she served the AR community well.)

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

KStudios.2850

Score update, and of course… omnomnom Borliss golems. =3

Attachments:

Yumiko Togashii

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

How long have you been playing this game? Everyone knows the higher the tier the bigger the zerg, so pressing 1 is exactly what they need to do better when we get a new match up… (are you copy pasting what we posted a few weeks ago?)

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: llkoolaid.8204

llkoolaid.8204

I beg to disagree

You have to also account the quality, and Dovgan just doing it to copy them.

I don’t think Dovgan is a forum warrior. I think he is tired of getting smashed into the ground, so he lets his frustrations out here…

-Rent-a-Gollum- call 555-kalkz
80MES – Dr Sweet Cheeks/80WAR – Jegudiel
80GRD – Sir Sweet Cheeks/80ELE – D J Diddles

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tetra Bug.7134

Tetra Bug.7134

Good times last night with Kardiamond and the [vT] guys.

Highlights would definitely be when I was with Kardiamond and slider pulling BP guys by umber and durios when a BP guy adds us and tells us to leave us alone so they can take durios. Obviously we said no way, so they took the whole zerg to chase the three of us to Ogrewatch. That and the fight in BP BL at vale with [vT]. Good ten minutes Ebay kept coming at us. Many bags and badges last night.

Ur Kel – Warrior
AR → EB → DB → Maguuma
Arkham – [Ark]

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

I wonder if we’ll have the “I miss you” syndrome with BP and AR. We hated Maguuma to death originally, and our matchup threads with Yaks/Mag/CD/DB were always toxic. With the exception of DB (kitten em), I keep hearing “I want to play [insert Yaks/Mag/CD]!”. Always makes me chuckle a bit since I frequent old matchup threads at work all the time and can only think “you wouldn’t have been saying that a couple months ago.”

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

I wonder if we’ll have the “I miss you” syndrome with BP and AR. We hated Maguuma to death originally, and our matchup threads with Yaks/Mag/CD/DB were always toxic. With the exception of DB (kitten em), I keep hearing “I want to play [insert Yaks/Mag/CD]!”. Always makes me chuckle a bit since I frequent old matchup threads at work all the time and can only think “you wouldn’t have been saying that a couple months ago.”

Only server I would thoroughly enjoy playing again is Maguuma during the time before SM and the rest transferred over. They were the only other server to try to solve problems with more tactics than just “MOAR NUMBARRRRSSSS”.

In case they are lurking, I realize that was the whole mantra of the AD/QQ/Sty group but unfortunately they are not their whole server.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

31/5 - EB - BP - AR

in Match-ups

Faux Sheaux.6179

Speaking of [NoQQ], I bet they are regretting naming themselves after a bandwagon server now that it’s dying. Should be “Glad We Didnt Roll Kaineng”.