6/14 Blackgate/ Jade Quarry/ Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

SoR is in first, but BG should send players over to JQ?
We finally have equal coverage between BG and SoR, but BG should send players to JQ?

You logic good.

lol, your logic is even better.
BG is within 13k points from 1st
JQ is 40k from 1st.
Now which one of those servers do you think needs a little more coverage?

Wait. So assuming it’s equal coverage as you say between us, BG should be the server to send guilds to JQ? I’m not following.

It’s very simple, just follow SoR example. We have already recommended potential guilds to join BG and JQ instead of SoR.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

I think its funny you would expect or want BG to push guilds to JQ. BG has not had a recruitment thread for quite a long time (as far I can remember) yet guild choose to come here. Whats best for the tier is always discussed but in the end the guild has final say on were to go. If a guild decides to come to BG over somewhere, it in BG’s best interest to support that guild as it is now part of our community.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

We finally have equal coverage between BG and SoR, but BG should send players to JQ?

You logic good.

JQ is 40k from 1st.

Wait. So assuming it’s equal coverage as you say between us, BG should be the server to send guilds to JQ? I’m not following.

It’s very simple, just follow SoR example. We have already recommended potential guilds to join BG and JQ instead of SoR.

Yeah I get what he was saying now. The way it was written it sounded like Hoots was saying guilds currently on BG should transfer to JQ, thus the not following part. Now I follow.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

You logic good.

JQ is 40k from 1st.

We’ve been doing that for a while, once somewhat recently, and back when Lalyn was around, he handled that thing for the top 4 tiers.

The fact of the matter is that BG has no control over anyone wanting to transfer here.

They either want to transfer here to be here, specifically on BG, for friends or whatever, and we can’t turn them away.

Or they’re like IRON and come for the WvW, and can make an educated transfer themselves.

Implying that BG has final say on anyone’s transfers is amusing, to say the least. And a testament to the lengths some go to besmirch the server.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Yeah I get what he was saying now. The way it was written it sounded like Hoots was saying guilds currently on BG should transfer to JQ, thus the not following part. Now I follow.

Yea def. coulda been written better, had a long day at work!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

I think its funny you would expect or want BG to push guilds to JQ. BG has not had a recruitment thread for quite a long time (as far I can remember) yet guild choose to come here. Whats best for the tier is always discussed but in the end the guild has final say on were to go. If a guild decides to come to BG over somewhere, it in BG’s best interest to support that guild as it is now part of our community.

Not really. I have not yet seen a guild that would push it’s will over a server. The guilds are scouting servers and talking to the leaders on that server, that is the time when recommendations are made. For example, when BT approached SoR we have made the recommendation to join BG instead for the sake of the N/A time balance. It’s just a matter of server’s perception and decision to either keep engulfing guilds or help out to keep fights challenging.

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

You logic good.

JQ is 40k from 1st.

We’ve been doing that for a while, once somewhat recently, and back when Lalyn was around, he handled that thing for the top 4 tiers.

The fact of the matter is that BG has no control over anyone wanting to transfer here.

They either want to transfer here to be here, specifically on BG, for friends or whatever, and we can’t turn them away.

Or they’re like IRON and come for the WvW, and can make an educated transfer themselves.

Implying that BG has final say on anyone’s transfers is amusing, to say the least. And a testament to the lengths some go to besmirch the server.

No it’s not. SoR has done it anyone can do it as well. We are talking about large guilds and not individual players. The leaders of such guilds are level headed and looking for a challenge so they would listen to what the servers have to say because in the end they want to be welcomed there and to be part of the community. It is amusing to think otherwise.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mauri.1496

Mauri.1496

Streaming live tonight in EB. Feel free to watch the bag farm. twitch.tv/maurigw2

Mauri
Despicable [ME]

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Black Talons weekly recap video. Great fights this week.

I’d personally enjoy those BT vids more at regular speed.
Why so hasty?

Disclaimer: haven’t watched that one yet. Just a comment about the ones I have.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

Which guilds are even interested in moving to t1 right now?

in Match-ups

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

No it’s not. SoR has done it anyone can do it as well. We are talking about large guilds and not individual players. The leaders of such guilds are level headed and looking for a challenge so they would listen to what the servers have to say because in the end they want to be welcomed there and to be part of the community. It is amusing to think otherwise.

I don’t see how that refutes my point, and everyone has turned away transfers at this point. BT and IRON did their research, neither SoR or BG had final say on their transfers.

Any guilds looking to transfer to T1 can ascertain on their own the strength of each server. MOS is brilliant that way. It’s JQ’s responsibility to appeal to potential tranfers, if they want any, in the community sense.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

I’m relate music to servers.

Blackgate

Sanctum of Rall

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Retaliation – don’t fight
Torment – don’t move
Confusion – don’t do anything
? – don’t even show your face around here

Giving Torment to thieves is this ArenaNet’s way of saying don’t bother trying to catch them when they run away? Seriously if you want to solo roam I’m not seeing the reason to play any other class anymore. Oh well. Had to level the thief eventually I suppose.

in Match-ups

Zikory.6871

Torment – don’t move

Giving Torment to thieves is this ArenaNet’s way of saying don’t bother trying to catch them when they run away? Seriously if you want to solo roam I’m not seeing the reason to play any other class anymore. Oh well. Had to level the thief eventually I suppose.

There is a possible leak going around and if its true…
Skale Venom: Replaced Weakness with Torment.

I’m not sure how many thieves currently use skale venom but it might be more used now.

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Proumbro.1376

Proumbro.1376

Torment – don’t move

Give them torment, all the better to punish them for running away from me.

Signed,
The Necro

Shiro No Shinigami – Necro
“Life is a beautiful lie, and I am a painful truth.”

in Match-ups

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

So… i’m quite new in T1 but i was just wondering. Does everyone dance/laugh on your corpse or is it just most people?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Since when did RG start blobbing?

NA effect i see..

but very good fights though

It’s not like they werent kicking kitten before the blobbing.
But when we get 60+ ppl and chain build arrow cart sites so we can kill RG’s 25… haha
Really happy these guys showed up, lots of respect.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

So… i’m quite new in T1 but i was just wondering. Does everyone dance/laugh on your corpse or is it just most people?

Yes, it’s to celebrate how awesome the fight was and that they appreciate it.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

If you win the fight they have a harder time with that

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

I don’t see how that refutes my point, and everyone has turned away transfers at this point. BT and IRON did their research, neither SoR or BG had final say on their transfers.

Any guilds looking to transfer to T1 can ascertain on their own the strength of each server. MOS is brilliant that way. It’s JQ’s responsibility to appeal to potential tranfers, if they want any, in the community sense.

I have not heard of any guilds that were turned down by BG and/or recommend them to join a different server. Please do not take this the wrong way but, unfortunately, beyond explanations or excuses it reflects the server image and it is only up to BG to change that or not.

Its called a Black hole for the sole fact that many guilds go there only to have their players A) move guilds B.) quit the game C) convert to pve
Some of this is caused by guilds who started bleeding long before they decided to move to BG. The move just put the nail in the coffin. Had they moved sooner, they may have survived. Had they not moved, they may have survived. The thing is, however, it became a almost ritualistic occurrence on BG, hence the nickname the Black hole.

D.) Continuing to recruit guilds, when they already have proper coverage

Start sending all guilds that approach you to JQ/TC and that name will go away, but until then we will all continue to call your server The Black Hole.

in Match-ups

Zikory.6871

Personally I find /laugh and /dance to be a lot of work. I find jumping on people much more entertaining, but then again I sometime act like this is a parkour game.

I feel SoR and JQ /laugh a lot but in my case its probably justified so I take no offence to it…

Zikory – Retired Thief

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ruin.3461

Ruin.3461

I play a thief so I never have this problem.

Tier 1 Casual

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Strive for the spawning of fireworks over corpse and /w telling you that you’re bad. I’ve got this group that stream snipes me. Maybe I should watch the YouTube help videos they put out.

/ #1 in the world of gw2 solo roaming out

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in Match-ups

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

I’ve never understood the appeal of this, I’m usually too busy trying to find all my bags. lil kittens are always scattered all over the place. We’ve all wiped and been wiped, it’s no big deal.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tajz.9826

Tajz.9826

I have not heard of any guilds that were turned down by BG and/or recommend them to join a different server. Please do not take this the wrong way but, unfortunately, beyond explanations or excuses it reflects the server image and it is only up to BG to change that or not.

Its called a Black hole for the sole fact that many guilds go there only to have their players A) move guilds B.) quit the game C) convert to pve
Some of this is caused by guilds who started bleeding long before they decided to move to BG. The move just put the nail in the coffin. Had they moved sooner, they may have survived. Had they not moved, they may have survived. The thing is, however, it became a almost ritualistic occurrence on BG, hence the nickname the Black hole.

D.) Continuing to recruit guilds, when they already have proper coverage

Start sending all guilds that approach you to JQ/TC and that name will go away, but until then we will all continue to call your server The Black Hole.

Please dont assume we’re not turning down guilds when we in fact been doing that for certain NA guilds at the first place. However guilds still moving beyond our recommendation by their own choices and we wont stop that. The fact that we dont gloat here on forum about it doesnt mean we’re not doing it.

I still remember see JQ keep recruiting and keep bumping their thread when they’re reign No1 leading BG/SoR by miles months ago just to give you an example. SoR also able to attract many guilds during their no1 reign on top with very high status while others been full weeks ago. They have good portion of WvWer compared to PvE.

Beside we’re not going to care much about being called Blackhole lol. At least it’s better than some previous BG nickname.

[LP][HB]Nirvii, Proud Elementalist of Thai Alliance
Commander of Blackgate
Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyRsSk4l0T4

in Match-ups

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

I could be wrong here, but didnt BG tell IRON they would be better somewhere else? anyone know if thats true?

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Not everyone but a lot of people love to do something like this to provoke his/her enemy without respect or like to insult/humiliate another player.

When someone start it like throw rock in water will create another wave and more another.

But sometime you got good fight and get kill he/she will /bow or /salute to you for fight with honor/awesome duel/Excellent skirmish.

But after that happen you will do a same thing or not do same as them?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

I could be wrong here, but didnt BG tell IRON they would be better somewhere else? anyone know if thats true?

depends on what your definition of “turned down” is. If you mean that in the way of a guild is dead set on going to BG and were told to gtfo, then of course not.

If you mean guilds that were prospecting for new servers and was told that other servers might be better fits, then absolutely.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Black Talons weekly recap video. Great fights this week.

Sweet video, I remember some of those fights very well and loved seeing the HB+BT fights.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in Match-ups

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

thats what i meant, no reason to turn down a guild that wants to go to BG and no where else. I had remembered hearing some guild leaders talk about telling IRON that there are better fits and politely told them that. It was in response to the quote that BG hasnt recommended any guilds to another server, and it just happened recently with IROn and that changed the landscape of tier 1 by doing that.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

Of course you wouldn’t, because you’re not in the Blackgate’s leadership. No one publicizes “BG REJECTS GUILD” on the forums, and you only get to hear about the new tags on the battlefield. To set the record straight, here’s a statement: BG has discouraged guilds from joining its ranks, and attempted to redirect other guilds into servers, in hopes of promoting a healthy, competitive environment.

That we still accept transfers is an obvious need reflected in our score. Say whatever you want, but we fight intense uphill battles, keep assaults so well-timed some of our pugs swear that they’re coordinated across servers, and attrition (it happens to everyone, and it will happen to you) and still remain competitive. Our interest is to keep our battlefields full, and thus keep everyone else interested in battle.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

thats what i meant, no reason to turn down a guild that wants to go to BG and no where else. I had remembered hearing some guild leaders talk about telling IRON that there are better fits and politely told them that. It was in response to the quote that BG hasnt recommended any guilds to another server, and it just happened recently with IROn and that changed the landscape of tier 1 by doing that.

I’m sorry that never happened, SoR had the least EU presence at the time and they have moved straight to SoR to help balance out that time slot.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

I’m sorry that never happened, SoR had the least EU presence at the time and they have moved straight to SoR to help balance out that time slot.

Actually it did. They had scouts on both JQ and BG, and their BG scouts spoke with several players on the server. I know of at least one case where they were urged to move to a server other than BG. From what I understand, opinions on that was mixed however. Not everyone is always going to agree on things, and no one person makes a singular decision. Either way, we know what the end outcome was, and it really doesn’t matter anymore.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

No one publicizes “BG REJECTS GUILD” on the forums.

The mentality of labeling the guilds involved in such process as rejects in big bold letters too… That alone tells the true story and contradicts everything that you said.
Anyhow, I want to congratulate everyone for the competitive match this week. Keep up those intense battles!

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

Actually it did. They had scouts on both JQ and BG, and their BG scouts spoke with several players on the server. I know of at least one case where they were urged to move to a server other than BG. From what I understand, opinions on that was mixed however. Not everyone is always going to agree on things, and no one person makes a singular decision. Either way, we know what the end outcome was, and it really doesn’t matter anymore.

I’m very happy to hear this and actually it does really matter as long that mentality becomes majority and able to make decisions.

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

Torment – don’t move

Give them torment, all the better to punish them for running away from me.

Signed,
The Necro

Yeah, I can’t wait the shackle and torment, that sounds like good times ahead.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

The mentality of labeling the guilds involved in such process as rejects in big bold letters too… That alone tells the true story and contradicts everything that you said.

Stop trying to spin things to make it look bad plztnx. It was an intentional fake sensationalizing as tabloids are wont to do and certain trolls loooove to use as their forum tactics.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

Stop trying to spin things to make it look bad plztnx. It was an intentional fake sensationalizing as tabloids are wont to do and certain trolls loooove to use as their forum tactics.

Nice try, even though it has nothing to do with me as I call it like I see it. If that’s the case you know the best way to fix a mistake is to take responsibility.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

TSym is now in SoS?

No. Tsym is still on sor, we originated on sos, but corn still hasn’t updated his sig yet…

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

The blackhole doesn’t care about competition or keeping it balanced.

If that were in fact the case you wouldn’t be currently trying to recruit 2 oceanic guilds when you are the dominant oceanic server.

While yes you can’t stop guilds from just moving to your server, you CAN stop offering to pay them gold.

It’s amusing how you guys are trying to deny it but then turn around and pay out all this gold so guilds transfer to your server.

lol like jq ever cared about competition or balance.

ign: Stealthzor

(edited by Stealth.8150)

in Match-ups

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

A lot of great fights this week.

Well earned victories and deserved losses were had this week by us!

Thanks for another good time folks

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Anyone wanna duel before reset?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

I agree with you IRSyKo, it was a fun matchup. BG really brought it in EB tonight. Good luck to you all next week.

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

had a little time to jump into SoR BL last night.
was fun bumping heads against BG! you guys were fierce.

and that JQ thief that i was dabbling back and forth with for a bit (added: near Briar tower) – kinda wished no one else was around. ; ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Match-ups

Posted by: kevinskyrider.3271

kevinskyrider.3271

Flawed score update is flawed. Get outah here. We need the celebrity score updates from “T2”.

Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

I agree with you IRSyKo, it was a fun matchup. BG really brought it in EB tonight. Good luck to you all next week.

Heck yeah

All forum trolling aside it’s always fun wiping each other!

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Mendon is Fort Knox

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Match-ups

Posted by: Faelaan.4681

Faelaan.4681

Not really even if this is the case ( which it isn’t as I have it and can’t shot over a wall like that) lets humour the fact it is. This creates a un fair advatage to the people that do not have this ability, then again I have eyefinity and it still doesn’t alow me to do that. Although like I said nothign you can do about it, cause A Net will not punish them as the Dev’s supposedly play on that server so what have you. Way to go Arena Net

They are shooting through the gap on the door via Eyefinity. The whole unfair advantage thing this gives is bogus. People who can afford a larger field of view should play with a larger field of view. Nothing unfair about that. That is like saying people with the most up to date gaming rig has an unfair advantage over those with a toaster from 2001 due to lag/latency issues. Or those with a razer naga/g600 has a unfair advantage due to the readily available key binds.

Hate to break it to you, but the whole point of competitive gametypes (which wvw supposedly is) is to even the playing field as much as possible between all parties. This means each party has the same capabilities, with hardware affording ease of use, better visuals, etc., but not affording capabilities that is not accessible to other parties.

Right! everybody downgrade to Windows XP and a Pentium 4.

(I’m sure somebody is still using one and would appreciate a level playing field)

Apparently you misunderstood my point. Lower end hardware does not prevent you from performing actions that other players are capable of, though it may make it difficult. Without altered screen dimensions, it does not matter how kitten your processor and graphics card are, you will never be able to do this. Additionally, game developers try to cater to the lowest reasonable hardware specifications both to gain the largest market possible, and to prevent problems like this from arising for the vast majority of their playerbase. Why ANet allows zoom-unlocking in wvw is mind-boggling.

This is where you are wrong. A lower end hardware can prevent you from performing actions that other players are capable of. Some lower end hardware won’t even allow you to play the game!!! I mean what is this nonsense! I should be able to play the game with specs like these.
CPU: Motorola 68040 @ 25MHz
RAM: 2MB – 18MB onboard
Display: 256 colors at 1280 × 400
256,000 colors in HAM-8 mode
Ports: parallel, serial, floppy
RGB video, audio
Storage: 1.76M 3.5-inch floppy
120MB IDE HD
“Workbench” GUI
If I can’t this is totally unfair.

The point I’m trying to make is, this is a part of the game. Rich or foolish people are able to improve their game play experience and A-net is even providing support for these people. There is countless QQ threads about this, some you can do without eyefinity, others you cannot. Guess what? A-net made NO comment on this, meaning, you guessed it. They aren’t going to do a kitten thing about it.
If they do something about it, it kittens with those peoples game play experience, if they don’t, it kittens other peoples game play experience. So yea, A-net boned themselves from the start.
So generalizing an entire server, or guild isn’t going to accomplish anything. If you really want to do something about it, bug A-net to change the AC mechanics to that of a cata or something along those lines.

I totally loved the Amiga… 20 years ago.

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Not everyone but a lot of people love to do something like this to provoke his/her enemy without respect or like to insult/humiliate another player.

When someone start it like throw rock in water will create another wave and more another.

But sometime you got good fight and get kill he/she will /bow or /salute to you for fight with honor/awesome duel/Excellent skirmish.

But after that happen you will do a same thing or not do same as them?

A month or two ago I got jumped by a SoR thief and we had a good fight before I managed to land a CC on him and finish him. I /bow’ed and ran along, then what did he do? He Joined my party and said something along the lines of “did you seriously just bow?” and proceeded to hurl a heap of abuse. I now get great pleasure jumping on the corpse of every SoR thief that I kill.