6/14 CD / TC / SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Dear god TC that was a lot of golems earlier in EB.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Brom Malochson.9306

Brom Malochson.9306

If you guys would stop bickering about who’s more loyal to their server and just move to wherever would benefit you most, instead of putting up with frustration, then you’d have a lot more fun. (Whether that advice is good or bad is all opinion)

Brom Malichson | DB Elementalist | Temple Commander | Knights of Ares [ARES]

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: shanmugong.6750

shanmugong.6750

For some reason, I feel that TC is tracking our guild. No matter where we go, from helping SOS to flip their keeps back, defending our BL to wrecking havoc at TCBL, a super Zerg with familiar tags will materialize shortly after and run over our small 30 men team. Maybe I am just paranoid!!

Shanmugong Asuran Engineer.
Crystal Desert. [KoME]
Once an Engineer, Always an Engineer

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Brom Malochson.9306

If you guys would stop bickering about who’s more loyal to their server and just move to wherever would benefit you most, instead of putting up with frustration, then you’d have a lot more fun. (Whether that advice is good or bad is all opinion)

I really couldn’t care less about people moving servers anymore. Rant of the week for me are people who suddenly think they’re hot kitten this week just because they outnumber their matchups so they start handing out advice but couldn’t do jack kitten when they were getting smashed by a server that outnumbered them last week.

I’m not going to defend TC here, but here’s a tidbit from our perspective. In our times with FA and DB we made some friendly rivalries. We held GvG zergs and commander vs commander matches while our zergs sat behind and watched. This was friendly competition; while it is condescending to try to tell a server how to play WvW, from a certain perspective it can also be seen as an attempt to build up friendly rivalries like we’re already used to seeing.

You’ll notice that we also strongly encourage and applaud servers who never back down, who keep trying even against seemingly impossible odds.

The endgame for TC in these situations is one goal: fun competiton.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Brom Malochson.9306

To each his own. Personally when a server has no relations to us whatsoever and makes no attempt to communicate, AND is winning, it makes me mad. Like an army of mindless drones steamroll us and they’re possibly inhuman.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

Eh, that advice shows a significant lack of understand for its target audience.

Some people enjoy the community aspect of MMOs. However, if you’re feeling anxiety or dread from logging onto a server, by all means, transfer away.

For me, my ‘frustration’ was rooted in the ‘willy-nilly’ free transfers. Transfers fubar’d too many months of WvW.

Either way, right now there is no amount of transferring that can save us frustration from Anet’s current match making algorithms.

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

I really couldn’t care less about people moving servers anymore. Rant of the week for me are people who suddenly think they’re hot kitten this week just because they outnumber their matchups so they start handing out advice but couldn’t do jack kitten when they were getting smashed by a server that outnumbered them last week.

I’m not going to defend TC here, but here’s a tidbit from our perspective. In our times with FA and DB we made some friendly rivalries. We held GvG zergs and commander vs commander matches while our zergs sat behind and watched. This was friendly competition; while it is condescending to try to tell a server how to play WvW, from a certain perspective it can also be seen as an attempt to build up friendly rivalries like we’re already used to seeing.

You’ll notice that we also strongly encourage and applaud servers who never back down, who keep trying even against seemingly impossible odds.

The endgame for TC in these situations is one goal: fun competiton.

I don’t care who does but it’s usually the winning server that does it, mine included. Frankly, I just find it annoying and wish those people would just kitten off.

:( not trying to be the guy who “was getting stomped last week and start dishing advice out this week” but CD groups generally feel squishy whenever we engage. We learnt from SoR to have MOAR PVT and for the benefit of CD WvW, also pass on that advice! SoR stomped us last week and aren’t doing THAT well this week too..

I eat breakfast for dinner.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: urak.4863

urak.4863

For some reason, I feel that TC is tracking our guild. No matter where we go, from helping SOS to flip their keeps back, defending our BL to wrecking havoc at TCBL, a super Zerg with familiar tags will materialize shortly after and run over our small 30 men team. Maybe I am just paranoid!!

I’m pretty sure it’s 2 different groups who happened to port to different WPs though.. And since your group was one of the bigger roaming zergs, we were the response teams!

I eat breakfast for dinner.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

The problem remains that some are still considering the actions of one person or a group of people as a holistic depiction of whatever server said people are on. Until we can abolish this generalization I think we will keep running into these “discussions” on the forums.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

The problem remains that some are still considering the actions of one person or a group of people as a holistic depiction of whatever server said people are on. Until we can abolish this generalization I think we will keep running into these “discussions” on the forums.

I know I’ve been guilty of it on both sides.

Even when actively trying to clean up my posts I notice I’ll still make the occasional slip.

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: shanmugong.6750

shanmugong.6750

I’m pretty sure it’s 2 different groups who happened to port to different WPs though.. And since your group was one of the bigger roaming zergs, we were the response teams!

Good work tracking us! On our side, we had a lot of practice keeping close while on the move, as there are always some guildies, new to WvW, will have the tendency to wonder off to hit that wurm or harvest some onions, only to get run over by a horde shortly after. They learnt quickly to stick close to the main body afterwards.

Shanmugong Asuran Engineer.
Crystal Desert. [KoME]
Once an Engineer, Always an Engineer

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

good luck to TC, SoS aaaand CD this week!D

TC, SoS, miss you guys already. go get ’em errbuddy!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

This is a bit disconcerting… Tkitten que is ridiculously long and were ticking at over 600. The same was true last night as well. I think I spent about 90 min in the que and we were ticking close to 500 then.

However, last week, against SoR (aside from reset night), I don’t ever recall having a que. This I have to wonder.. both SoS and CD are doing great in this match up, but when SoR was in the equation, there were more fights overall to be had, as they were all over the map. So I’d think people would be que’ing for the opportunity for more fights.

I wonder, why exactly is the que so long when were ticking so high with less fights on the map? It almost seems like some of us are opportunists, that is unless they are running around for their traveler achievement. I dunno, it just seems kind of odd to me.

Qué?

I was put in a queue a few times last match, at least when I tried to get in during NA play hours. Of course I think it’s just a given that you’ll have more people show up when they’re threatened with boredom compared to frustration and futility, plus the map completion ones, and those who aren’t very experienced in WvW and suffer disproportionately when outnumbered.

To the guy that said the rest of the CD guilds should leave too…. why? CD has been doing great despite having lost a significant number of large WvW guilds over the past few months. We finished in first two weeks in a row. We hold our own and our morale has not been better.

If you took that from my post (which apparently got auto-deleted for containing that one guy’s deleted post in a quote, but said something along the lines of ‘I can’t imagine why anyone would want to leave’) all it was really suggesting was that bitterness and rage over abandonment issues only makes separation from someone like that seem like a pretty good idea. I don’t actually have anything against CD in general (or any server really – in fact the idea seems silly to me) and as far as who goes where, I only suggest everyone make those decisions in total ignorance of whoever would accuse them of disloyalty over what server they play a game on.

If not… then just ignore that, lol.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

It’s been an interesting week so far. The fairweathers are out in full force, so enjoy the free loot they provide SoS/CD.

It’s been fun roaming, as I haven’t been able to do much of it in a while. If anyone is interested in dueling send me a pm.

Also, I like to randomly pick a larger wub wub guild and target their commanders. This weeks assassination attempts will be on any commanders from LeeT.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: RoninDB.9540

RoninDB.9540

Just wanted to say how great SoS is doing for the past three weeks against larger servers. I’ve been impressed with the skill I’ve seen from your players – the lil asura ele who killed me (tho, that’s not a big accomplishment, I’m terrible at 1v1) was taking out a whole camp. Then he killed me.

Thanks for the great fights SoS I hope we don’t see you next week (not because you are smelly or anything, but we need to see other people. Plus FA has been texting me.. drunk)

Zero Negative [ZN]
Public Relations/Inter-Guild Relations Officer
Tarnished Coast

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

Just wanted to say great fight last night in the very early morning for the SoS BL garrison to TC. Those superior arrow carts x5 were nasty. That 1 hour take was sure a great fight. Amazing coverage at that late at night. Keep up the great fights. Curious though, RE guild what is with the running in circles in EB with a larger group getting wiped by groups half your size. I must admit it is harder to collect bags while laughing, but has that strategy ever worked for you? Also is there a point to it that we are missing out on? Not trying to be mean but I was truly amused. =)

Not sure which [RE] you were fighting or how many but since you want to be insulting please watch this..

We play our game all the time with a large group of militia or just with our guild, we don’t care just about PPT, we care about being better WvW players every day. I hope you cringe when you see me on the field.

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Marquiz.7625

Marquiz.7625

Shesh, that mash of at least 50 and more from Awe, Naga and xTyr was following us everywhere from TC BL to CD BL Garr to SOS BL! Pretty sure it was the same bunch unless you guys have grown so big since moving =p

Anyway, good fun. Had us looking over our shoulder all the time anticipating you lot, know it was just a matter of time you came. Pretty flattering to have such a huge group tracking our tiny guild

Marquiz
Home: Crystal Desert
Guild: [KöMÉ] §Strength, Honour & Duty§

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

Shesh, that mash of at least 50 and more from Awe, Naga and xTyr was following us everywhere from TC BL to CD BL Garr to SOS BL! Pretty sure it was the same bunch unless you guys have grown so big since moving =p

Anyway, good fun. Had us looking over our shoulder all the time anticipating you lot, know it was just a matter of time you came. Pretty flattering to have such a huge group tracking our tiny guild

Actually, NAGA was doing our weekly guild training session in SoS BL today and just happened to have gotten lucky enough to have you guys show up in our map.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

It only took me 5 hours to take overlook….

SoS you guys are really good, you just lack population. Your base population right now reminds me of old TC vs BG. Holding onto Veloka and the keep as long as we can..

Good job holding out that long. I was being super aggressive too. Props.

If that was you leading the attack,that was a magnificent way to take it but be aware that you didnt face any experienced commanders in defence or the defender veterans.
We have stopped larger zergs with less people,and also have even stopped 2 full enemy zergs before.
Please do keep up the massive attacks,our militia needs more training in defence.
Thank you very much for the bags and wxp,and come again.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: bishop.7596

bishop.7596

streamdevil.3867:

To Crystal Desert,

This is commander streamdevil (ex esf guild leader), i think you guys forgotten about us that not only AwE and NAGA are in TC.. on the reset night, i was leading the main zerg force in CD bl to cap garrison and all us in the bl did put a good fight.. its good to fight against my old brothers from CD and good to see you guys again…

On behalf of Ex-EsF members, i salute you guys (crystal desert) for putting up a good fight with us and i saw the fighting spirit is strong.. keep it up guys..

i will see u guys in the battlegrounds again this week…

and to KOME guild, keep it up the hard work.. we are here to hunt you guys..

Apology for the late reply, hectic work schedule gotta prioritize playtime.. but I reckon you may worth 5min of my attention.. we’ve had offers from JQ/SOR & SOS too whoever that give me that ring thx for the offer sometime back.. SOS one of the good choice on my list of honorable server u guys deserve to move back up, b4 the meltdown we just couldn’t bear to leave old comrade behind so if we’re there won’t we be the one doing the sable rattling, can see how far esf degenerated after previous leader hugable was replaced.. wonder wat u did last week when SOR tramp u guys.. bring out 6" revolver shoot thy neighbour? @evokerz u too wanna hunt KöMÉ but sorry no 5min for u really cant recall maybe a guild name might help so we may be more attentive on u?

Well as requested took the family to TC BL for a spin outmanned but map look kinda green b4 we got cornered, surrounded but undefeated..1G vs KH/NAGA/Awe <<those give us the most tender loving care:P

TC .. gd to see some old enemies from old times PINK/TV/Pro esp PINK I cant recall your GL name but we’ve some memorable epic battles.. but CD we’re technically still a T4 server so dun waste the muscle flexing on us go try the Tier 1 boys. We went thru some very dark times believe me when u go thru times when even breaking out of spawn is a challenge the howling of TC pack is nothing.. CD server rallied.. we suck it up and continue to fight, struggling every inch of the way everyone pulled overtime.. even had to mobilize our wife & gf who normally preferred to pick flowers at kessex hills(now we've gotta keep the gals on leash getting too bloodthirsty@) miraculously we’re here unlike our old buddy IOJ for example.. don’t think many server had the tenacity and track record after being hit by a Tsunami and Megaquake tgt.

@Altie and the rest of CD dun let 5y/o get to u.. not worth the powder. You’re still one of the top commander in server lets focus on the fight. Personally being from a military career I learn to take things in stride, get things done set objective so no emotion in fact its those fairweathers who called themselves T-cder now seems to be jumping pink which not very long ago was all brotherly love snuggly pat on the back before moving to war suddenly its I want to hunt u kill yer dogs bury your kitten and step on your flowers etc.. mayhap its shame? But now matter CDer stay focus keep the fight going. It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun.. don’t talk about taking a break take this as a challenge, be upbeat and improve ourselves, scores don’t mean a thing most importantly have fun, we’ll just keep training the militia into the professional army till one day we have the numbers to face the redcoats on even ground.

@WvW population, guild & esp new players.. If you’re really sick of waiting forever on q and almost impossible to deploy your entire guild force you know which server to come (one of the main reason why we’ve decided to stay despite the jingles of coin pouches.. mind u some server really rich where the hell u gets so much money from)><…The new CD long gone were the grief, the whining and the foulmouthed kids<<<those were the first to join the darkside.. those that’s left behind are so tough the rock flees from us…we’ve neither money to cloth you and to feed you.. but we promise u a fight & plenty of glory!! So think hard is mindless zerg your kind of wvw or a smaller but committed server going thru rebuilding and steadily growing making its valiant stand!!

A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minute longer…
Alencon le renard du desert §Strength, Honour & Duty§
†Guild KöMÉ – A member of ConqueroRs Alliance†

(edited by Moderator)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

Just wanted to say great fight last night in the very early morning for the SoS BL garrison to TC. Those superior arrow carts x5 were nasty. That 1 hour take was sure a great fight. Amazing coverage at that late at night. Keep up the great fights. Curious though, RE guild what is with the running in circles in EB with a larger group getting wiped by groups half your size. I must admit it is harder to collect bags while laughing, but has that strategy ever worked for you? Also is there a point to it that we are missing out on? Not trying to be mean but I was truly amused. =)

Not sure which [RE] you were fighting or how many but since you want to be insulting please watch this..

We play our game all the time with a large group of militia or just with our guild, we don’t care just about PPT, we care about being better WvW players every day. I hope you cringe when you see me on the field.

I watched the first 1:15 minutes of the video and had to stop. The maker of the video didn’t even target one enemy during the zerg v zerg at the beginning. In other words, all he/she did was run forward and spam skills, ignoring everything else. He couldn’t even care less what the enemy players were even doing because he didn’t even target one of them!

How is that possibly any fun whatsoever?

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mattimeo.2146

Mattimeo.2146

Edit: and you are correct. TC is generally more tanky. Whenever I find one solo I have to chase them across most of the map as they run away. They absorb a lot of damage.

another

/golfclap

Wait, you’re saying that one tanky person managed to distract you for long enough to run right across the map, drawing you out of position and letting an unknown number of their reinforcements get past where you were patrolling, and you’re implying that’s some sort of poor play?

Perhaps you should attempt a game type where randomly ganking people actually counts, if that’s all you’re looking for.

Just wanted to say how great SoS is doing for the past three weeks against larger servers. I’ve been impressed with the skill I’ve seen from your players – the lil asura ele who killed me (tho, that’s not a big accomplishment, I’m terrible at 1v1) was taking out a whole camp. Then he killed me.

Was he [MGWC]? Those little guys are scary good.

Hester
SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: MomentofWeakness.1246

MomentofWeakness.1246

I watched the first 1:15 minutes of the video and had to stop. The maker of the video didn’t even target one enemy during the zerg v zerg at the beginning. In other words, all he/she did was run forward and spam skills, ignoring everything else. He couldn’t even care less what the enemy players were even doing because he didn’t even target one of them!

You clearly have no understanding of organized WvW… he is following the commander of our mostly Guild-based zerg.

Its Choo – 250,000 Kills in WvW and Counting…
WvW Commander – NA PST
Sexiest Level 80 Charr Guardian In The Game

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

That’s how zerg vs. zerg works. As a Guild Wars 1 vet who played in a top 100 GvG guild for awhile, zerg vs. zerg battles in this game are a joke and people who think they have mad PvP skills because they are on the winning end of these are kidding themselves. Targeting isn’t necessary because all your doing is following the commander in a big blob spamming all the AoE you can with the occasional fire field or water field finisher spam. Quite funny to watch, but I can’t wait to get back to mid-tier fights where 5v5 to 10v10 fights are relatively common.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

That’s how zerg vs. zerg works. As a Guild Wars 1 vet who played in a top 100 GvG guild for awhile, zerg vs. zerg battles in this game are a joke …

I agree that they don’t satisfy the same itch. Don’t get me wrong, ZvZ is its own art but Anet needs to bring back GvGs. It won’t be the same as GW1, but that’s inherent in the different combat system/skills GW2 brings. My entire GW1 GvG guild stopped playing GW2 because it was not quite up to their expectations in this regard. Sad fase.

Or at least let us create custom sPvP arenas already. Then we can jerry-rig our own ad hoc GvGs. (I am rather excited about this!)

It makes me a little sad because I think that a lot of people who WvW would just adore GvGs if they were set up similar to GW1’s. Or if any code to support them existed at all.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

(edited by Shazirah.8350)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to CD’s [TDS] guild tonight for organizing the GvG for us. It was a baptism by fire for me (long time WvW player, never really had the urge to GvG though) and had a great time!

Oh, and also wanted to mention the two [LoR] quaggen guys running through our group from time to time – had a good time yanking you around occasionally. /cheer

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

I have autotarget disabled and in ZvZ fights, 90% of the time I don’t target anyone. Some classes/weapons SHOULD be played that way.

Lots of players do this. It’s acceptable/expected in most cases. Targeting a player, depending on your weapon, can lead to you shooting off in the wrong direction at the wrong time.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ko killer.3692

ko killer.3692

Shout out to TLS for doing some GvG with ORL! We learned a lot and look forward to doing it again

Jade Quarry- Fang

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: NotInTheFace.6075

NotInTheFace.6075

CD, why just why? TC takes your keep in BL, we push inner SM for 1 hour (great fight by the way TC was an honor commanding that attempt), and you get the chance to retake your keep. We are repaid by a push on our towers and camps by CD. Why? Even though we wiped you at Anz, why would you do that? Anyway great fights TC, wish we could field a zerg to do yours justice.

Fur Sack
Fate Commander
SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rivalz.3142

Rivalz.3142

Would like to thank [TDS] for the GvG tonight. Was a great experience and I hope to take part in more in the future. Also shoutout to all the classy CD and TCers who showed up to support everyone.

Alexander Darkstar- [NOPE]
Tarnished Coast

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

First of all, it is from the POV of a staff guardian. Staff itself is a AOE group control weapon for almost every class that wields it. That’s why it excels in ZvZ fights. And ZvZ fights are all about what enemy group is doing rather than what an individual is alone doing, group maneuvering and positioning. The guy in the video is also using lot of consecrations which are ground targeted (if traited, which most of consecration builds prefer), for which again you don’t need a target. As a well necro you don’t need a target, but if you run Corrupt boon, epidemic etc in your bar you need a target, so on. Targeting/no targeting depends on what build a player is running and what the situation is. CC/Conditions/Tankiness wins ZvZ fights; not targeting an individual, then hitting all your AoE in the wrong direction (Guardian Staff auto attack is AoE hit), and end up losing your DPS in thin air.

Not trying to teach you anything nor am I saying I’m better skilled or whatever (am a MMO noob) while I also don’t mean that you don’t know what you’re saying , but the guy in the video plays his class perfectly fine for a ZvZ fight.

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

Hi, I am that noob Guardian in the video.

We will GvG any guilds from CD or SoS, please pm Ethersin or Chuu Chuu.

Show us how good you all are. Thanks.

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

Thank you to TLS from KWBH for doing some 10v10 GvG fight last night. We had few people to show up, so our team comps were a little subpar, and it was the guild’s first attempt, so there was some saltiness with some of the players, but I had great fun and enjoyed the play. Hopefully it was a posistive experience for both sides.

Cheers, Bossy B-

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

I have autotarget disabled and in ZvZ fights, 90% of the time I don’t target anyone. Some classes/weapons SHOULD be played that way.

Lots of players do this. It’s acceptable/expected in most cases. Targeting a player, depending on your weapon, can lead to you shooting off in the wrong direction at the wrong time.

thats right…….

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

Yeah, you can tell when the TC fairweathers are out. Last week, generally-speaking, TC was very well coordinated and gave us real trouble. Didn’t win many that were worse than even numbers (from our perspective). This week, already had a couple of times where we’ve only just managed to lose 1:3 fights. It’s a noticeable difference.

Sea of Sorrows

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

:3

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

It’s been an interesting week so far. The fairweathers are out in full force, so enjoy the free loot they provide SoS/CD.

It’s been fun roaming, as I haven’t been able to do much of it in a while. If anyone is interested in dueling send me a pm.

Also, I like to randomly pick a larger wub wub guild and target their commanders. This weeks assassination attempts will be on any commanders from LeeT.

What did LeeT ever do to youuuu, ya big meanie! :P

Roaming is pretty fun – I’ve been able to do more of it lately too, and working on quite a bit of other stuff (including tweaking my build for more survivability in small-scale/havoky stuff).

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Which server is [FUN] on?

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dhampyr.2104

Dhampyr.2104

Which server is [FUN] on?

Fun is on every server. Bah dum dum.

(Have no idea where that tag is from)

Eve Morrow, Mesmer, Eve Flamescythe, Ele
Tarnished Coast

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

JakobGW.5730

Whoa, folks. You guys don’t think I understand how organized Zerg v. Zerg works? I sure do. It’s very easy. Follow a guy with a blue Dorito above his head. Disable targeting (who needs it, right?). Spam AoE’s/cleaves. Ta da!

I know exactly how it works. The whole purpose of my post was to point out that that particular play style doesn’t seem fun whatsoever. I don’t need explanations or commentaries. If that’s how you play the game to have fun, go for it. To each his own.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

JakobGW.5730

Quite funny to watch, but I can’t wait to get back to mid-tier fights where 5v5 to 10v10 fights are relatively common.

I hear ya there, brother.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Quite funny to watch, but I can’t wait to get back to mid-tier fights where 5v5 to 10v10 fights are relatively common.

I miss mid-tier.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

That explains why it’s so easy to just run right past entire zergs.

All is vain.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

I miss mid-tier.

Consistently winning by 100k in T4 does suggest SoS is too large for mid tier tho.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Kinda stuck in a rut like Mags. Too big for low tiers, too little coverage for > T3+.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Mattimeo.2146

solution: we actually play Maguuma :p

Throw in FA, CD or any of the mob currently fighting in t4 and it’s got the potential to be quite a nice match.

Hester
SoS

(edited by Mattimeo.2146)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

Throw in FA, CD or any of the mob currently fighting in t4 and it’s got the potential to be quite a nice match.

Dont underestimate FA, their fairweather pop is rather large too, if they build up a head of steam early on, they can steamroll.

Also, they have a strong oceanic which counters yours.

But it would be an interesting regardless and likely more balanced than this current match.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Mattimeo.2146

Dont underestimate FA, their fairweather pop is rather large too, if they build up a head of steam early on, they can steamroll.

But it would be an interesting regardless and likely more balanced than this current match.

‘Quite a nice match’ with FA conditional on SoS and Mag working together well enough (and playing to each others coverage strengths) to stop FA building up that fairweather momentum over the weekend :p

Of course, that might not even be possible, but it would be fun to attempt at least.

Hester
SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Rawr.5930

‘Quite a nice match’ with FA conditional on SoS and Mag working together well enough (and playing to each others coverage strengths) to stop FA building up that fairweather momentum over the weekend :p

Of course, that might not even be possible, but it would be fun to attempt at least.

Haha yeah.

But let’s just say i have a feeling Mags wont be cooperative or enjoying that matchup heh.

Perhaps Ehmry Bay?

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Yeah, you can tell when the TC fairweathers are out. Last week, generally-speaking, TC was very well coordinated and gave us real trouble. Didn’t win many that were worse than even numbers (from our perspective). This week, already had a couple of times where we’ve only just managed to lose 1:3 fights. It’s a noticeable difference.

…and that about sums up what it’s been like for me to be with them as well. All my group support builds suddenly feel pretty underwhelming when the group I’m supporting is so flimsy and incoherent. It’s like having a 1v1 or 1vX within a bigger fight, and everything I selected the build for is useless. :S

Still… at least they’re getting practice and you lot are getting tokens, lol. Plus I’ve taken the time to level some of my better solo characters, so at least if future matches go like this, I have more options to roam with (and can stop swapping all my engineer’s stuff around).