6/14 CD / TC / SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

The pure and simple truth of this match is numbers.

I don’t think anyone is denying this, but each thing acts on the other as well. If someone is dissatisfied with their server or just looking for a change of scenery, a place that is known for doing well relative to its numbers is going to be more appealing than just ‘a generic tier # server’.

Do the higher tiers think they’re actually THAT much better then the lower tiers?

Yes and no. Like that waffles guy was saying upthread, tactics change with numbers. You can get good at fighting solo or in small groups on any server, but the more potential for large groups there is, the more additional things you’ll need to learn.

As one example, I noticed a few times SoR would come upon a tower, and instead of taking rams/golems or putting catapults at the wall with their faces stuck in it (which is pretty much the majority of what I’ve seen TC do when besieging anything not in treb range of another building) they would very accurately stop at the edge of their range, often where things like mortars were blocked by terrain, and build catapults or trebuchets.

I never did ask why, but one very obvious effect was that they were outside the range of ACs, outside the range of ballistas, largely outside the range of – or protected from – base siege, and often just outside the range of siege equivalent to theirs (they only need to hit the wall, of course, and catas or trebs usually sit further back). It seemed to me like that would benefit anybody, so I found it a bit odd that it was so noticeable with them when we didn’t really need to most of the time, and they certainly didn’t need to a lot of the times I saw them do it.

Looking at the target caps on siege though, it occurred to me that it stacks incredibly well. Playing on TC, I rarely need to queue outside of NA prime, and then usually on one particular land (commonly EB or TCBL) for only a few minutes. To the people I see most of the time, defensive siege can get pretty nasty, but it has the potential to be so very very much worse. If that’s what they’re used to, the habit of keeping their distance makes perfect sense – if I were them I’d probably prefer ranged siege (at actual range even) more often as well. The rest of the time, stuffing a catapult’s face in the wall lets it fire faster and kill the wall sooner, and as long as we AOE the walls and use tanky people to operate the siege, it’s fine.

tl;dr – more people allows for some scenarios more often and requires a greater variety of tactics as a result, now with one free anecdote per purchase.

Edit: Also lol @ ‘as a CD’.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: grave of hearts.7830

grave of hearts.7830

Just stop telling other servers what they should do, or that they are doing whatever wrong and that they should learn from whoever. It never ends well.

People who don’t like how things are either try to change the way they and their guild play, or they move to other servers that fit their playstyle. People who want to play the way they do will continue to do so. All the kitten flinging is getting boring to read.

So surrendering or running off are more viable options to you.
Doesnt that serve the TC interests atm?
Sure divide and conquer is a viable strategy,and i can see it on how much tc capitalises on keeping cd culled but that doesnt mean they have to stand under tc thumb.
If what i wrote up there doesnt end well,is a risk already knew before i started writing.
If its boring to you,sorry that i didnt garnished it with more e-p stroking and self boasting.
You can go back to your guardian blob now,me and my arrowcarts will be eagerly waiting.
Have a nice day and dont forget your umbrella,its gonna rain arrows today.

SoS Defence and Emergency commander
If you see a gear above my head……run
If you see me Offline,its totaly not a trap

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Oh yes definitely, that’s a natural consequence of having more players (of which a large proportion are from PvE).

I’ve noticed that you guys say this a lot: that you have a large amount of PvE’ers. It certainly seems like you’re implying that this is the reason you have bad players. . . .

That’s all and well, but I can tell you that we don’t even consider guesting on TC anymore when we (God forbid!) have to PvE karma train in Orr. We never see anyone there. Hell, just yesterday we tried to guest on TC to run a few quick CoFs and, of course, the dungeon was contested and no one was anywhere on the map to un-contest it.

In my experience, you have no more PvE’ers than any other T4 server and above.

Lol, checks once, contested, assumes population numbers. You have some convincing data there mister.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Mattimeo.2146

Mattimeo.2146

If you have a typical 5v5 mid to low-tier fight over a supply camp, and one team wears all PVT, stacks up, and runs around in circles balled up while spamming AoE they would be destroyed.

Well, yes, you do generally need an actual zerg for PVT zerging to be effective.

Doesn’t mean that having enough people to be able to PVT zerg, and doing so, is not the dominant meta at the moment.

Hester
SoS

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Just stop telling other servers what they should do, or that they are doing whatever wrong and that they should learn from whoever. It never ends well.

People who don’t like how things are either try to change the way they and their guild play, or they move to other servers that fit their playstyle. People who want to play the way they do will continue to do so. All the kitten flinging is getting boring to read.

So surrendering or running off are more viable options to you.
Doesnt that serve the TC interests atm?
Sure divide and conquer is a viable strategy,and i can see it on how much tc capitalises on keeping cd culled but that doesnt mean they have to stand under tc thumb.
If what i wrote up there doesnt end well,is a risk already knew before i started writing.
If its boring to you,sorry that i didnt garnished it with more e-p stroking and self boasting.
You can go back to your guardian blob now,me and my arrowcarts will be eagerly waiting.
Have a nice day and dont forget your umbrella,its gonna rain arrows today.

I was actually talking to TC posters, and I’m not entirely sure what the point of your whole post was but OK.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Wow, please stop comparing CD/TC to TC/SoR. Its not even close comparison numbers/coverage wise. Do the glicko math if you must. TC sees how much difference 1000 in rating makes. You can transfer over this week to see how much a 3000 difference rating makes. Still, 99% of CDers on this forum arent QQ over the matchup. Nobody is giving up. Some are taking a break after two hard pressed weeks.

I can honestly say i’m more proud of our server this week than the last two. We have been building a server wide effort to get acquainted with zergball tactics for three weeks now. We didnt need your already widely known advice. Naive statements dropping like lootbags in this thread. Congrats to TC and SoS on the class shown in the field and the thread this week.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

^ That is the spirit.

ps. if you want to catchup, maybe we can like do fotm or cof – my old cd buddies.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Aurust.8961

Aurust.8961

And here I was, thinking that our zergs are some of the goofiest one’s around. Military? Gimme a friggin break!

I chuckled when i read that post as well……

Master- [DKLT] The Darkness and The Light
JQ WvW

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

And here I was, thinking that our zergs are some of the goofiest one’s around. Military? Gimme a friggin break!

I chuckled when i read that post as well……

A wild Aurust appears!

Your matchup seems competitive, how are you bored enough to drudge through this thread?

The reality of the situation is that we’re probably going to see matchups against higher tiered servers again – so I guess we’ll see you then, Aurust, for yet another beating. It is something we are working on preparing for! Because that’s how ANet trolls.

On a serious note, a good indication of fun is how many people continue to do an activity. I think that it is safe to say that given TC’s relatively large (and thriving) WvW population – as pointed out excessively by CD, SoS, and TC posters – TC is having a blast.

Outside of this ridiculous matchup (THANKS ANET), I’ve never had more fun in WvW. If you’re not having fun, you’re not getting enough disco time with Paulus!

Havok teams? Everybody has them. But they aren’t needed this week much. This is blatantly clear to everyone, so why pretend and waste people’s time? Especially since I cannot think of a good enough reason as to why not let underlevels and militia flip stuff. My ranger is almost level 40. I’m on the karma/exp train. If I don’t level her in WvW, it’s probably not going to happen! (I’m really really over the PvE in this game but won’t bring her out to WvW if she’s just going to be a liability to the team; this is the first week in a while that she’s not.)

Fun is measured by how many people continue to do stuff. WvWers who aren’t having fun leave, they quit the game. If SoS and CD are retaining their WvWers and their WvWers show up, rain or shine, doing what they enjoy doing, clearly those folks are having fun. I’d say the same of TC – last week during our terribly uphill battle versus SoR, despite Dragon Bash grind (THANKS ANET) – our serious WvWers were still coming out to play because we were still having fun.

It’s when your WvWers don’t come out that I’d say there might be a fun deficiency.

TL;DR: Ellie, hun, where are my cookies!

(And many thanks to SoS – despite both of us getting wrecked last week, you’re putting in some really solid, well placed blows. Ow! I’m still sore there!)

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

(edited by Shazirah.8350)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JakobGW.5730

JakobGW.5730

It’s pretty clear from actually reading it that the focus of his comments are people who are already zerging (even though some points, like using food, apply to anyone). He also mentioned way up front that coverage was enough to keep you from actually winning, which ultimately seems to be what ‘tier’ has come down to thus far, so I don’t know why you’re saying ’they’re tier 2’ as though it was being ignored.

I appreciate that you read his post, but did you read mine? My simple point, which has also been reiterated by a few posts from my server mates, was plain: don’t tell other people how to play the game. If someone asks for your advice, then give it. But coming to the forums and typing some blanket novel to others on how to “lose better” by telling them how to spec, which character to play, which abilities to use, etc. does a lot more harm than any good, as demonstrated by the posts that followed that guy’s.

To Crystal Desert:

You don’t need to “learn” anything. For the two weeks before this nightmare we’re in now, I saw you come to the table and win twice against servers who were higher “rankings” than you according to http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/, but were basically even on overall coverage. Nothing has changed now. The meta we used to win those matches is the meta necessary to win those matches. Those are the ones we need to win. Those are actually even and competitive. We don’t need tier 2 meta. We’re not tier 2.

To Tarnished Coast:

If there is anyone who needs to “learn” from this match, it’s your small man groups. This is where we shine. We enjoy the 3 – 10 man fights, something you are not used to with your zergs. We actually use the target system – you know, hitting the TAB button or left clicking a name. Since you’ve forgotten, this allows you to actually use an ability against a single person. You also have to time your dodges, use your stun breakers effectively, and watch your opponent to gauge his/her cool downs so you know when to capably use your abilities.

Also there is a major problem when one of our berserker warriors eats an entire 100 blades from a TC player and it only takes 1/5 of our warrior’s total health. That tells us that your players are so used to running pvt gear that they don’t even know how to properly fight in smaller skirmishes. They are so used to the zerg meta that they are clueless to anything else.

If you need more advice, all you have to do is ask. I’m sure we can help you “learn” from this engagement, just as you’ve graciously offered your advice.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ahka.6705

Ahka.6705

snip

So you start out by telling TC not to tell people how to play and then proceed to tell people how they should play?

Ahka – Elementalist
[ZzZz]Zombie Coast, [CERN]When Zergs Collide
Tarnished Coast

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zaulhghev.5308

Zaulhghev.5308

JakobGW – don’t know what TC did in the short course of 4 days to so deeply wound your server pride and provoke this public meltdown you are having but your insecurities are making the rest of us look bad bro.

Even I can tell that they are throwing lowlevels and map completionists at us and I am not uselessly camping a camp that provides a dolyak to a tower we do not own, or that nobody is using to resupply because CD is not bothering to show up to WvW.

But yeah cool story bro.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

Did somebody say dolyak parade?

Cause that’s what I heard.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

It’s ONE guy who cant help himself dont be baited.

The entire tenor of the thread has been derailed because someone needs to come and make backhanded compliments by the bucketload.

YES, NOBODY should be telling what ANYONE else SHOULD be doing.

But, sometimes people like to be helpful and perceive themselves to be nice about it, unfortunately in the medium of a forum post, often the message can be misconstrued as condescending and arrogant.

It’s one thing to for some to offer suggestions borne of good intentions but perhaps delivered suboptimally, but entirely another to routinely bash another server for their playstyle and “poor” players.

Statistically, it’s extremely likely the distribution of player skill is fairly similar between ALL servers T1-8 (regardless of how tiers are irrelevant now), but if it floats your boat to only want to look at a subset of the data and draw conclusions, go right ahead.

Furthermore, “losing”?

It doesnt matter a whit anyways…..

Just chill and have some fun.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Jakob, thank you for confirming what I discovered fighting SoS in SoS BL last night. I may not have your skill level, but I did find it interesting that it took two or three SoS to take me down. I am not the most skilled in any small scale fight, but I am genuinely curious why that is so.
I also made several assaults on some trebs hitting lake tower. And while I was not the only one going for them, it seems at the skill level you possess, I should not have got near them. Yet I hit those trebs while getting fire from at least 10 SoS.
I should mention I main an engineer and, yes, I am using PVT gear.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

JakobGW.5730

JakobGW – don’t know what TC did in the short course of 4 days to so deeply wound your server pride and provoke this public meltdown you are having but your insecurities are making the rest of us look bad bro.

Even I can tell that they are throwing lowlevels and map completionists at us and I am not uselessly camping a camp that provides a dolyak to a tower we do not own, or that nobody is using to resupply because CD is not bothering to show up to WvW.

But yeah cool story bro.

Here’s the deal, “bro.” If you think they play so much better than us, and you want us to change to their play style by calling us “embarrassing”, then maybe you should just transfer to TC. Chances are, they may give you gold to do so. They have in the past.

I cannot be convinced that anyone would give a kitten.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Huygens.4075

Huygens.4075

But yeah cool story bro.

Here’s the deal, “bro.” If you think they play so much better than us, and you want us to change to their play style by calling us “embarrassing”, then maybe you should just transfer to TC. Chances are, they may give you gold to do so. They have in the past.

I cannot be convinced that anyone would give a kitten.

We are the 1%.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Here is the simple truth to the CD folks,
You are right, no one should tell you how to play. You should also not silence people who stand up and suggest what EVERYONE agrees are good battlefield tactics.

CD has bled more WvW guilds than probably anyone other than SBI. There is a reason for this.
NAGA, AWE, EDMW (or whatever they were called, I forget), the entire Synergy Alliance, and so on.

There is a format for 5 man PvP, and it’s not called WvW. Why would anyone aspire to picking off up-levelled stragglers and flipping camps far from the fighting.

SoS was ticking +205 last night while you were ticking +20, despite the fact that you have a numerical advantage in NA over us.

That’s what organization does, that’s what never say die does.

You can squander what’s left of your potential, pray that folks will keep transferring like KWBH, and drift down till 5 man zergs are all you have.

As I side note, I just saw the latest post from ‘the voice of the people’ telling someone to transfer…
Yeah, they probably will.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: neomccoy.2657

neomccoy.2657

I didn’t assign any labels to any servers. Brom made a statement that implied if you aren’t playing the PVT zerg game, then you are prancing around cosplaying. I provided an example to illustrate otherwise.

You got it wrong. Our builds are not PVT zerg. Heck, I don’t use PVT lol. Organized guilds have class leads, like our Guardian class lead, we train with him, discover new strategy for our class, we all run 1 particular build, food buffs, sigils, weapons and we are assigned which skills to use. We do this so that our whole group will benefit. But we can wear any armor we want except berserker.

If you think an organized zerg blob of 30+ are mindless people, they are actually trained when to use skills, follow commander, drop/finish fields, frontline cc, backline aoe, flank, when to drop the bomb etc..

People have different type of gamestyle. I like to be organized and playing with my friends in my guild and face better opponents because we want the challenge and we want to get better.

Some loves playing the smaller scale fights which are fun also. I salute you all that loves to WvW because this is the only thing I like in this game now lol.

Everything Purple [EP] – Tarnished Coast
Stone Walled – Guardian; Plaguefest – Necro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjs6MOa8ukw

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deyja.6745

Deyja.6745

It’s pretty clear from actually reading it that the focus of his comments are people who are already zerging (even though some points, like using food, apply to anyone). He also mentioned way up front that coverage was enough to keep you from actually winning, which ultimately seems to be what ‘tier’ has come down to thus far, so I don’t know why you’re saying ’they’re tier 2’ as though it was being ignored.

I appreciate that you read his post, but did you read mine? My simple point, which has also been reiterated by a few posts from my server mates, was plain: don’t tell other people how to play the game. If someone asks for your advice, then give it. But coming to the forums and typing some blanket novel to others on how to “lose better” by telling them how to spec, which character to play, which abilities to use, etc. does a lot more harm than any good, as demonstrated by the posts that followed that guy’s.

To Crystal Desert:

You don’t need to “learn” anything. For the two weeks before this nightmare we’re in now, I saw you come to the table and win twice against servers who were higher “rankings” than you according to http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/, but were basically even on overall coverage. Nothing has changed now. The meta we used to win those matches is the meta necessary to win those matches. Those are the ones we need to win. Those are actually even and competitive. We don’t need tier 2 meta. We’re not tier 2.

To Tarnished Coast:

If there is anyone who needs to “learn” from this match, it’s your small man groups. This is where we shine. We enjoy the 3 – 10 man fights, something you are not used to with your zergs. We actually use the target system – you know, hitting the TAB button or left clicking a name. Since you’ve forgotten, this allows you to actually use an ability against a single person. You also have to time your dodges, use your stun breakers effectively, and watch your opponent to gauge his/her cool downs so you know when to capably use your abilities.

Also there is a major problem when one of our berserker warriors eats an entire 100 blades from a TC player and it only takes 1/5 of our warrior’s total health. That tells us that your players are so used to running pvt gear that they don’t even know how to properly fight in smaller skirmishes. They are so used to the zerg meta that they are clueless to anything else.

If you need more advice, all you have to do is ask. I’m sure we can help you “learn” from this engagement, just as you’ve graciously offered your advice.

If you want some lessons about small group fighting I’m sure I can organise some. Feel free to find me whenever I’m on.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rawr.5930

Rawr.5930

LOL.

This is going to be interesting.

Meega Kweesta

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

This thread is depressing on so many levels. If CD ever “improves” to the level of TC where players have to do sentry duty, players must be on VoIP, players must run around in at least 15-20 man zerg balls dutifully following the commander, and players must all wear PVT gear with masses of AoE fields/finishers for their utilities… I will say that I will be one of the first to transfer off.

No one on TC “must” do any of that. It’s all volunteer…. People do things because they have a desire to be better at WvW. Plain and simple.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Necro.6432

Necro.6432

Yes the game is about numbers atm,yes cd cant match tc.
We got that part.
SoR had us undermanned almost 24/7 in the previous match up,we still took sm from them 5 times.
And SoR was kept outside our towers for hours.
Personaly i am looking down on CD atm not because of theyr coverage or people that are in but because they just surrendered.
I am on SoS 9 months,i hate my own server at times yet there are two things i hate more.
Giving up and Surrendering.
Each day i wake up,i recap what we lost and siege it up and defend it.
And i do that everyday ,no matter how i much i dislike the rest commanders that the first thing they do when they get in is to run to headbutt the enemy dragging more down with them.
If you were for a momment on our side during our overlook defences,you wont see despair drama and nagging (except mez,he is our drama mascot so we let him rant) .
You would see that we are actually haveing fun,that instead of going into panic we are actually farming the enemy for badges since we dont cling like morons to the guardian/ele/hammer warrior combo zerg.
So CD please WAKE UP and start defending at least something with pride instead of lifting your legs and surrendering.

/rant off
Call me offensive if you want but you needed a slap there,better see the advice on it before you earn a reputation of beeing a pushover.
And i have respect to those few CD that go around EB recaping after TC flips everything before dying on overlook.

I’m sorry but who the hell you are to talk about CD giving up and surrendering while you don’t know ANYTHING about the current CD , if we just gave up , we would’nt go to SoS bl yesterday capping fully upgraded Bay and garrison and matching with TC numbers with EVEN numbers for the first time and we came out there to try what we have learned so far , you wanna talk tactics ? why would a group of 15 SoS attack North bay while our zerg is in our side and defending bay instead of going straight to garrison that doesnt have any TC/CD around it ? was quite stupid because we got that garrison so you start doing something in ur own BL and start pushing , but instead you went straight for us and got wiped..instead of taking the chance of us fighting TC and get garrison then push hills and kept the pressure on em , you did the total opposite , so please don’t talk like you know CD.

Daeronz | TDS Leader | WvW Commander

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

JakobGW.5730

To Crystal Desert:

To Tarnished Coast:

If you want some lessons about small group fighting I’m sure I can organise some. Feel free to find me whenever I’m on.

Sweet. You bet. We’re looking for fights between 3 – 9 folks or so.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Shazirah.8350

This thread is depressing on so many levels. If CD ever “improves” to the level of TC where players have to do sentry duty, players must be on VoIP, players must run around in at least 15-20 man zerg balls dutifully following the commander, and players must all wear PVT gear with masses of AoE fields/finishers for their utilities… I will say that I will be one of the first to transfer off.

No one on TC “must” do any of that. It’s all volunteer…. People do things because they have a desire to be better at WvW. Plain and simple.

Wait.

So all those hours I was watching hockey and just decided to idle to watch a keep because, you know, I’m not really playing GW2 anyways so why not… you’re saying I was being cleverly forced into doing it?

TC wtf guys

I did not sign up for this kind of voodoo manipulation!

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Wait.

So all those hours I was watching hockey and just decided to idle to watch a keep because, you know, I’m not really playing GW2 anyways so why not… you’re saying I was being cleverly forced into doing it?

TC wtf guys

You’ve been manipulated by your own desire to win!! :-O

Better get on that.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Shazirah.8350

Wait.

TC wtf guys

You’ve been manipulated by your own desire to win!! :-O

Better get on that.

Well, I was totally fine with it until someone decided to break the illusion.

THANKS GUYS.

I am never coming back to these forums again~!

(Well that’s probably not true.)

(edited by Shazirah.8350)

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Toxic.4320

Toxic.4320

When did this become the rip on CD thread?

I know that guilds have transferred out to other servers. Hey, it happened and it’ll probably happen again -and not just to CD. What does every other server do? They evaluate, adapt and overcome. CD will do the same.

We had a lower than usual turn out right out of the gate on reset. More than likely because a LOT Of people pulled extra hours to gain the wins two weeks in a row. I’ll be the last one to condemn them for needing to rest/recover. Why? Because that’s what people do when they really, really want something -make sacrifices.

I’ll step up to the plate and let y’all know that when I saw the comment ‘learn from us, CD’ it smacked of condescension -and I know it wasn’t meant to come across that way because I was on TC. Now imagine if it came across that way to someone who knows TC? How did it come across to people that don’t know y’all?

I’ve seen fewer and fewer people log in to WvW during this match-up. Why? Ohhh I don’t know, perhaps because of the venom that is going on here in this thread. Or maybe it’s because of getting spawn camped -something I NEVER thought I would see TC do. What happened to the cardinal rule that TC does not do that. I distinctly recall how miserable it was when TC got spawn camped by SoR and how we swore we would never do such a thing. Oh wait, I’m sorry. Y’all were bored. That makes it okay, right? 0.0

“SoS was ticking +205 last night while you were ticking +20, despite the fact that you have a numerical advantage in NA over us.” Not in the maps we didn’t. Just like TC had a much lower WvW turn out than usual when they went up against SoR, we have a much lower turn out against two servers that have ratings that are a lot higher than we do. No one likes to lose by over 100K points -and this was on the third day of the match. I don’t care HOW good you are or how much you enjoy WvW it’s soul crushing. Sure, some of us are hardcore (dumb?) enough to keep showing up. Maybe we’re masochists. Who knows. But we still come out so we can get our daily face rolling

I guess my point in all of this? Stop with the digs and and saying things like you are looking down at us because we have ‘given up’ It’s unnecessary. You aren’t on CD, nor do you know us so you really have some cheek to make that judgement. That goes both ways… to my fellow CDers as well. I know it’s been a long and frustrating week when something is said that seems unusually harsh let’s just turn the other cheek, ok. But remember this: we’ll be better WvWers because of it. Because we’ll learn and we’ll continue with WvW training.

Everyone on CD: We knew we are/were in no way, shape or form ready for a Tier 2 match up. But we got it. Let’s start showing up and, yes, learning off our mistakes.

To TC: I wish y’all nothing but the best. I made some really good friends over there but I would ask that y’all maintain the 10 commandments, ok? It made my heart hurt a little to see y’all spawn camp us.

Ethos Mores [KWBH] Commander, Ranger
Nontoxicwench [KWBH] Guardian
Gefarhlich Madchen [KWBH] Mesmer

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

When did this become the rip on CD thread?

I think it’s more of a “CD ripping itself and everyone else” thread. More to the point, it’s just one or two CD guys picking fights. Just ignore it. Walls of text and long diatribes are summarily ignored by most people.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

To TC: I wish y’all nothing but the best. I made some really good friends over there but I would ask that y’all maintain the 10 commandments, ok? It made my heart hurt a little to see y’all spawn camp us.

There have been a few times this week when we held an enemy keep, they were attacking, we pushed out of the keep (or around it) enmasse, and pushed the enemy all the way back to spawn. We then left within 30 seconds.

If this is what you’re talking about…it’s not spawn camping. I personally haven’t seen any spawn camping.

On top of that, every spawn has three exits, two of which cannot be camped in any way, one of which is defended by legendaries. If people are fighting in front of the legendaries…I can’t exactly classify that as spawn camping. It’s willful. All they had to do is take a different exit.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: baseballguy.4865

baseballguy.4865

I would think they relax the Scope of random and allow for greater variance.

Let a rank 5 play a rank 18 and a Rank 7 play a rank 23. Then it would be fun to see the forums.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Toxic.4320

Venton, scroll up. It was openly admitted that TC was spawn camping because they were bored last night.

The three other exits argument is not valid. Why? Because TC got equally frustrated when SoR spawncamped. I was there.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: uneditedbrute.8136

uneditedbrute.8136

your tears taste amazing.

as far as “spawn camping” (which is realistically the wrong term for it because we cant actually attack u while ur in spawn just when u decide to come out the same predictable exit over and over), idk if u noticed if ur not on home BL u have 3 exits… and if u are on home BL u got a ton more. so unless were guarding all 3 exits, which i have never seen happen, we are not truly “spawn camping” u (if thats the term u want to use)

in the end i think we can all agree this new match up system sucks. It sucks for the top server who is bored out of there mind with nothing to do. it sucks for the bottom because they are taking on numbers they just are not prepared for.i

-Marrett-
-=Charr Jesus=-
[ZN] Zero Negative of Blackgate

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

uneditedbrute.8136

Venton, scroll up. It was openly admitted that TC was spawn camping because they were bored last night.

The three other exits argument is not valid. Why? Because TC got equally frustrated when SoR spawncamped. I was there.

i stick by what i posted a sec ago. why ? because i didnt kitten when it happened to TC, instead i went out a back exit and stole a tower.

-Marrett-
-=Charr Jesus=-

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Not in the maps we didn’t.

Exactly the point everyone is making. No one expects CD to pull a miracle out of it’s bottom on this one; but no one was even capping camps.

The most one-sided WvW match in history, was not last week (though we felt like it), was SoS (on the way to T1) vs IoJ and HoD (after Titan’s left).

Now the IoJ crew were a bunch of forum warrior jerks at that time (maybe they went to Maguuma? j/k) so there was little incentive by anyone to give them a break. These were servers that had been in T1 in the previous 3 weeks, so there was no quarter or mercy (+600 ticks, 24/7, ballistae outside each portal). It was black letter day for sportsmanship and fair-play.

Something about those trash-talkers though, they didn’t give up. On every map they had a few clueless idiots who were still going after camps and killing dolyaks the entire time (I don’t remember if there were sentries yet). Keep in mind this was when there were till orbs buffing all their enemies and no WXP rewards.

CD has just as many WvW NA players as SoS on reset nights, and has shown that they can get a crowd in late week from the last two matchups.

I know for a fact last night that TC had too many people burning effigies and not in WvW. From 7 – 8:30 we capped all but one tower and Hills on SoSBL, I think you could have gotten a tower and 3 camps in that time without breaking a sweat.

I have mad props for the people on CD still coming out, but it seems like very, very few of you are.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

I don’t care if someone “admitted” to it. All anyone had to do was take a different exit and stop fighting out front. They would have just gone away on their own out of boredom.

Also: I don’t recall any QQ about SoR spawn camping TC. I don’t even recall it being mentioned. Even if they WERE spawn camping us…I would have just changed direction and headed out a different way, or left the map.

TC has been “spawn camped” by DB, FA, SoR, and plenty of other servers. It’s just part of the game…. Yeah, it’s not classy, and I wouldn’t do it, but crying about it just makes you look silly, because all you have to do is take a different exit from spawn to avoid the campers.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Toxic.4320

snip

‘your tears taste amazing’ This is the kind of crap that is unneeded and uncalled for.
That wasn’t a QQ. It was a fact.. TC is a server that I really admire and learned a LOT from. To see them do something that they, themselves, hated? Sucked.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vashti.8179

Vashti.8179

as far as “spawn camping” (which is realistically the wrong term for it because we cant actually attack u while ur in spawn just when u decide to come out the same predictable exit over and over), idk if u noticed if ur not on home BL u have 3 exits… and if u are on home BL u got a ton more. so unless were guarding all 3 exits, which i have never seen happen, we are not truly “spawn camping” u (if thats the term u want to use)

in the end i think we can all agree this new match up system sucks. It sucks for the top server who is bored out of there mind with nothing to do. it sucks for the bottom because they are taking on numbers they just are not prepared for.i

I love when I see a zerg camped out the main exit. There are almost always a few overzealous up-level’s that manage to get themselves one-shotted by the legendary defenders. Makes me giggle.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

snip

‘your tears taste amazing’ This is the kind of crap that is unneeded and uncalled for.
That wasn’t a QQ. It was a fact.. TC is a server that I really admire and learned a LOT from. To see them do something that they, themselves, hated? Sucked.

You’re dropping a pretty big blanket over top of all of TC there…

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

uneditedbrute.8136

snip

I disagree, i believe i needed to let u know that i enjoyed the taste of ur tears <3

-Marrett-
-=Charr Jesus=-

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Toxic.4320

Are you paying attention at all, Venton? I was on TC when SoR spawn camped. Christ, no wonder people are getting aggravated in here. No one is listening to one another. Everyone is too busy being nasty.

Peace out and I’ll see y’all on the battlefields.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

SoS, your forum posts and your general in-game kittenbaggines do not coincide.

TC has half your stuff in EB, yet you bring a zerg and take a CD keep. Bunch of liars. I’ll be trying to focus SoS players now unless some of the traitor TC’s are around.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

uneditedbrute.8136

I love when I see a zerg camped out the main exit. There are almost always a few overzealous up-level’s that manage to get themselves one-shotted by the legendary defenders. Makes me giggle.

Exactly! set up a AC and enjoy the fun!!!

-Marrett-
-=Charr Jesus=-

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

I propose that TC takes tonight and rings the CD citadel with ballistae and AC, take pictures and post them here so that it will settle the issue on whether or not TC is spawn camping CD and end that debate.

Do this tonight from 6-9pm server time and offer a gold a piece to every CD player who gets to quaggan island and takes a time-stamped screenshot of them making it (no camping the island or lake). Like the inverse of Cuban refugees, they are safe once they hit the water.

Then everyone will have something real to QQ about.

Or we can just admit that this system sucks and hope that Mr. Carver gets tired of the hate-mail and tweaks the system.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Toxic.4320

i stick by what i posted a sec ago. why ? because i didnt kitten when it happened to TC, instead i went out a back exit and stole a tower.

ZN was not on TC back in January.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Hickeroar.9734

Are you paying attention at all, Venton? I was on TC when SoR spawn camped. Christ, no wonder people are getting aggravated in here. No one is listening to one another. Everyone is too busy being nasty.

I’ve been on TC since the game launched…and I saw no spawn camping by SoR.

If they did spawn camp….who cares? Like…really. Who-Cares?

Who.
Cares?

I’ve said it three times now: Take a different exit from spawn. It’s THAT simple.

Spawn camping is an ugly tactic…but people are just gonna do it. That’s why ANet designed the game to be immune to it. Except…people would rather whine about it on the forums than turn 90 degrees at spawn and go out a different exit.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

uneditedbrute.8136

ZN was not on TC back in January.

no but i was last week when we had SOR stick some stuff up our butts for a week.
i thought thats what u were referring to, my bad.

-Marrett-
-=Charr Jesus=-

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Toxic.4320

I did exactly that. I turned and went out another exit. But then I enjoy WvW and don’t care how many times I die.

If, however, I was a casual or new to WvW I would get super frustrated and possibly not come back.

SoR did, in fact spawn camp TC with balis and arrowcarts. EP must have been on break back in January when it was going on and we drew SoR three weeks running. Why would I make it up?

Ah kitten it. You don’t want to hear any other stance other than there are three other exits. You are right. There are. I took the other exits.

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vashti.8179

Vashti.8179

I’ve been on TC since the game launched…and I saw no spawn camping by SoR.

If they did spawn camp….who cares? Like…really. Who-Cares?

Who.
Cares?

I’ve said it three times now: Take a different exit from spawn. It’s THAT simple.

Spawn camping is an ugly tactic…but people are just gonna do it. That’s why ANet designed the game to be immune to it. Except…people would rather whine about it on the forums than turn 90 degrees at spawn and go out a different exit.

OR….equip a ranged weapon and keep a safe distance. Push when you see an opportunity and use the legendary defenders when you get in a pinch. Anyone complaining about spawn-camping, for lack of a better term, well…you’re doin’ it wrong! Go out there and get your free bags and just have some fun!

6/14 CD / TC / SoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Rackhir Tanelorn.9123

Best to just ignore Venton and Marrett…

They mean well…
I think…
Most of the time…

Maybe?

NAGA|TC