6/28 HoD/AR/DH

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

“Large zergs” “threaten by numbers”. I guess stealthing a force is not logical or tactical, let’s just add more people and thump our chest because we will just outnumber them and call ourselves “tactical”. In fact, let’s stop using any skills in our skill slots and just get more people and just out zerg zergs. Group play be kitten .

Hmm, actually, that does sound better.

I vote they just replace all of our skills with two;

1) “Thump Chest”
2) “Head Bash”

Before battle, we can all stand around thumping our chests, then in battle, we just hit each other with our heads repeatedly!

What do you think?

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

yea, i’ve noticed this tactic this week on a number of occasions… its interesting to see new things from lower tier teams (now that that’s where were are).

honestly… what does this do for you? hide your numbers for 6 seconds? and that gets your what? 6 seconds of surprise on your enemy?

wow. what a pointless tactic. part of having a large zerg is to threaten with numbers, this does just the opposite of that.

good bye logic and reason, maybe that’s why it took most of our wvw population leaving for DH to pass our wvw score… sad.

Hiding your troops movement isnt even remotely pointless, its actually quite effective!

As someone who roams a decent amount, it can be a bit annoying, but the reasoning behind it is sound.

And usually… its not just one mes, but they are chaining stealth to constantly hide movement. You might see one or two, that werent able to get the stealth applied, but thats ok.

So, its very logical and very reasonable to do this. Being able to hide mass amounts of your people to scouts is a very smart thing to do. Doesnt make it less annoying to a roamer, but its a completely valid and useful tactic whether it is to hide overall movement, or hide a flank in the middle of a battle.

“Large zergs” “threaten by numbers”. I guess stealthing a force is not logical or tactical, let’s just add more people and thump our chest because we will just outnumber them and call ourselves “tactical”. In fact, let’s stop using any skills in our skill slots and just get more people and just out zerg zergs. Group play be kitten .

hehe… keep it up. you’ll see what i mean if you ever get anywhere beyond this tier. and its VERY effective. you’ll see how silly this cloaking a zerg thing actually is. i’m not being facetious either. I believe you saw a little bit of that when BP was here a few weeks ago? did you see them pulling that kind of stunt? doubt it (though bp is no model of a higher tier server). if you have numbers, use them to your advantage. kill the scouts and run the map. that’s all i’m going to say about that. feel free to stealth your zerg if you want to, makes no difference to me, just seems like a waste of effort is all.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

no, its pointless, because the moment you attack something… what happens? big orange swords appear on the map.. so.. everybody knows youre there. stealth does nothing to hide you other than 6 seconds hiding.

I’ve seen stack / cloak during a skirmish but not while roaming (doesn’t make sense and I think you guys missed the short bus there but that’s my opinion i guess). you guys confuse the hell out of me, kind of like how you took valley last night in less time than it took to put swords on it with no siege (going to catch that flying mesmer or door glitcher, but i guess that’s a conversation for another time)… a truly amazing bunch that i’m not sure quite gets is, but has been fun to play nonetheless.

You just blew my mind sir, in so many ways!

I am not even going to attempt to detract from your artistic impression of “life as we know it.”

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

the small and simple minded are easily amused (and in this case blown away it seems).

cheers to large zerg stealthed roaming and trebs drops at doors (and the pugs who will actually build them).

secessit viri bellatores

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gcostanza.2086

Gcostanza.2086

that guy he have been getting inside our places too and destroying our trebs …..

We have run into this with several DH.

Ghostbusters INC SBI. Death is but a door , time is but a window, Ill be back.
Engineer Main

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

maybe your point was trying to sneak a zerg around the map, which I agree is silly. But your statement on “number advantage” is what irks me. There will always be large forces running around, its just the nature of the game. But to think that the only way to win is with numbers is ridiculous. In high tier sure, buff your numbers, but down here, there is more possibility of getting small group plays in. I hate fighting high rank servers due to the fact that the zergs just keep getting bigger and bigger.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

the small and simple minded are easily amused (and in this case blown away it seems).

cheers to large zerg stealthed roaming and trebs drops at doors (and the pugs who will actually build them).

Uh huh…

Just remember, I offered my explanation as to why I, frequently a solo roamer, tend to avoid even single players in the field.

This would presume that I am not a part of the stealthed zerg, as I am the one being attacked by said zerg.

Shotgun trebs can be quite handy, btw, even if they are quite supply intensive.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

maybe your point was trying to sneak a zerg around the map, which I agree is silly. But your statement on “number advantage” is what irks me. There will always be large forces running around, its just the nature of the game. But to think that the only way to win is with numbers is ridiculous. In high tier sure, buff your numbers, but down here, there is more possibility of getting small group plays in. I hate fighting high rank servers due to the fact that the zergs just keep getting bigger and bigger.

Not sure how silly it is, to be honest.

I have not seen one of the zergs I have been in use the tactic, but I have seen it used against us in conjunction with portals, etc.

It allows for a large amount of players to suddenly “show up” in a certain part of the map, which gives them a much, much larger buffer before effective response time.

Attack one place with enough people to draw attention, trying to grab attention of everyone possible. While doing this, have the majority of your players in a fast moving, mostly stealthed zerg, attack a target that is far enough away from the initial attention grab, and you can essentially cap whatever you want before anyone responds.

Its fine by me if no one sees the value in it though, especially DH’s opponents. :P

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

ArkAngel.7940

I have not seen one of the zergs I have been in use the tactic, but I have seen it used against us in conjunction with portals, etc.

It allows for a large amount of players to suddenly “show up” in a certain part of the map, which gives them a much, much larger buffer before effective response time.

Attack one place with enough people to draw attention, trying to grab attention of everyone possible. While doing this, have the majority of your players in a fast moving, mostly stealthed zerg, attack a target that is far enough away from the initial attention grab, and you can essentially cap whatever you want before anyone responds.

Its fine by me if no one sees the value in it though, especially DH’s opponents. :P

If you can in fact stealth a large force all the way to your objective, props, it requires a lot of coordination to do that just like a portal chain. Finding new ways to utilize skills is always a plus.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

but still there its a numbers game, because you’re tactic is to suddenly have more numbers than your opponent and to take whatever you’re going for before the other team can rally the same or similar numbers and be gone before they can match you. at least that’s what i’m assuming is going on.

if you really had numbers, and had skilled numbers and could what i call threaten with those numbers, you wouldn’t care who saw you or where they saw you, you’d roll up where you rolled up, take what you wanted to take, and move on.

this element of surprise IMO is a tactic used by a server not used to having numbers to get in and out before the other server knows they’re there to avoid conflict. maybe i’m wrong, but its not what i’m used to seeing. if you have numbers, why not use them wherever you are. from what i’ve seen so far, DH and HoD have similar numbers to BP and SBI yet they run around trying to hide themselves like they’re some small outmanned server all the time. come out and play, show force (silly chest bumping comment made me lol) and save the cloaking as a tactic for when you actually engage the other team… you’ll be pretty unstoppable if/ when you do that IMO.

secessit viri bellatores

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

If you can in fact stealth a large force all the way to your objective, props, it requires a lot of coordination to do that just like a portal chain. Finding new ways to utilize skills is always a plus.

I do think its a pretty effective tactic.

When you think about it more, it really requires one person to know what to do and when to do it, and then people who will listen.

Just get a list of your mesmers, and thieves to hide the stragglers with things like BP. Tell which mes what to do and when, and just give a general rule to the thieves to cover as much of the stragglers as possible. Even if you dont get everyone, just seeing four or five players running randomly through the field isnt too threatening.

In a large battle, you can also use stealths at clutch moments if your team is sustaining a lot of damage. If everyone can get through, it basically breaks all targeting and can give some breathing room for a short time (to heal, regroup, flank, etc). AoEs still get through, obviously, but that can be minimized by just switching direction/location once (quick 90 degree turn, or a portal).

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

but still there its a numbers game, because you’re tactic is to suddenly have more numbers than your opponent and to take whatever you’re going for before the other team can rally the same or similar numbers and be gone before they can match you. at least that’s what i’m assuming is going on.

if you really had numbers, and had skilled numbers and could what i call threaten with those numbers, you wouldn’t care who saw you or where they saw you, you’d roll up where you rolled up, take what you wanted to take, and move on.

this element of surprise IMO is a tactic used by a server not used to having numbers to get in and out before the other server knows they’re there to avoid conflict. maybe i’m wrong, but its not what i’m used to seeing. if you have numbers, why not use them wherever you are. from what i’ve seen so far, DH and HoD have similar numbers to BP and SBI yet they run around trying to hide themselves like they’re some small outmanned server all the time. come out and play, show force (silly chest bumping comment made me lol) and save the cloaking as a tactic for when you actually engage the other team… you’ll be pretty unstoppable if/ when you do that IMO.

Wait, you see this so commonly as to say both HoD and DH do it “all the time?” (bolded part of your post).

Remember too, all of these skills are just on a CD. You can use them again shortly after using them the first time. Do you by any chance remember guild tags, or have video? Id love to get into contact with the people on DH doing it, specifically.

And its not unstoppable, imo, Anet even implemented a hard counter with stealth traps.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

(edited by Tuluum.9638)

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

our previous opponents basically only knew how to accomplish things in groups of 20 or more.. the one server in particular, i’m pretty sure the only “tactic” they knew was port bomb.. it really detracted a lot of meaning from the game

My biggest disappointment with that is that portal tends to ONLY be used for portal bombs, when it is such an amazing and diverse tool!

There are so many incredible possibilities with that one skill alone.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: HatasGunnaHate.3627

HatasGunnaHate.3627

Zergling forum warriors lol. :[

[VR] Kyytia
Maguuma’s Mutant Dragon Ninja Warriors super power omega force of doom.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

Zergling forum warriors lol. :[

FPvP is the bestest.

We are only missing GIFs :\ To balance out our team, we need to train more GIF warriors. Its the weak link in our chain, to be honest.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

LOL @ the group camping the EB JP today.

[grcc] or whatever from AR?

yeah you guys need some more fire power next time.

Dusty Dawg

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

ArkAngel.7940

Why would I want to avoid conflict? Isn’t the point to fight other people? Not take a tower because no one is there. Towers and keeps are just bait to bring in a force to fight. it appears no one wants to fight if there is a chance of losing, which is why they hide by numbers, or if they are trying to level their other characters via the karma train zergs (which makes it incredibly easy to level) the only reason to withdraw from a conflict would to be to relocate to another position where you would have the advantage. In terms of terrain and not numbers.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

that guy he have been getting inside our places too and destroying our trebs …..

Please submit a report with Anet. We absolutely do not condone it in any way shape or form. We all reported him when we saw him doing it on a keep, but I don’t think we had video evidence. If anyone has videos of people climbing walls or whatnot, please submit them to Anet.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

Why would I want to avoid conflict? Isn’t the point to fight other people? Not take a tower because no one is there. Towers and keeps are just bait to bring in a force to fight. it appears no one wants to fight if there is a chance of losing, which is why they hide by numbers, or if they are trying to level their other characters via the karma train zergs (which makes it incredibly easy to level) the only reason to withdraw from a conflict would to be to relocate to another position where you would have the advantage. In terms of terrain and not numbers.

The “point” is to get “points.” Just like in hockey, etc. Some people enjoy the mid-ice play, but in the end, the goal is to outscore your opponent.

To cater to your playstyle though, just replace “tower/keep/etc” with “enemy zerg,” which gives us:

Have a smaller force distract the front of an enemy zerg, while your main force moves in from an opposite direction while stealthed. Four or five players will not draw much notice to be perceived as a threat. While the small force has the enemy players attention, the large force has a very, very large buffer before effective response time.

Better? Same exact concept.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

Please submit a report with Anet. We absolutely do not condone it in any way shape or form. We all reported him when we saw him doing it on a keep, but I don’t think we had video evidence. If anyone has videos of people climbing walls or whatnot, please submit them to Anet.

If I am not mistaken, it also seems like this player has been doing this for quite a while…

When you have evidence, please report it to Anet. Its fine to post on the boards, but the only thing we can do is report it ourselves with evidence. Anet is the one that has to take action, and hopefully they will quickly.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

To the ABYS Guild on DH we in HoD would like to thank you for leaving that lovely Hero’s Banner below where we had our treb at Garrison last night. Our whole zerg used it before proceeding to recap our BL and it was appreciated. It was especially ironic when we used those buffs against ABYS defenders.

Theftwind (HoD)

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Novability.4718

Novability.4718

^ lols. great job gents. Still its boring in WvW… Step it up AR and HoD

[TE] StormBluff Isle
Novability | X Novability X
“Retreat? Hell we just got here”

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

ArkAngel.7940

The “point” is to get “points.” Just like in hockey, etc. Some people enjoy the mid-ice play, but in the end, the goal is to outscore your opponent.

To cater to your playstyle though, just replace “tower/keep/etc” with “enemy zerg,” which gives us:

Have a smaller force distract the front of an enemy zerg, while your main force moves in from an opposite direction while stealthed. Four or five players will not draw much notice to be perceived as a threat. While the small force has the enemy players attention, the large force has a very, very large buffer before effective response time.

Better? Same exact concept.

If only you gained points from killing enemy players, then maybe we will see a lot less pvdoor and more actual battles. However, in the end, is winning by points more satisfying then winning fights? At least in sports there is an opponent defending as oppose to distracting their whole team with magic tricks and having one guy score a goal.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

If only you gained points from killing enemy players, then maybe we will see a lot less pvdoor and more actual battles. However, in the end, is winning by points more satisfying then winning fights? At least in sports there is an opponent defending as oppose to distracting their whole team with magic tricks and having one guy score a goal.

Its not really about subjective satisfaction…

Sticking with hockey, when a player gets a break away against an empty net, what usually happens?

Again though, its just not a matter of what you personally enjoy more. The game is about winning through accumulated PPT.

I have long been a proponent of including a game mode that doesnt do this, btw. My ideal game mode would be where holding objectives just gives a strategic advantage, and points are determined by player kills, with a ratio determining just how much each one is worth (i.e. a 5v1 kill would be worth less than if the one player was able to kill one of the five in the process, or something like that). It would also involve not just siege blueprints, but having to build all of our own structures, keeps, etc. We would have to determine where would be the best place to build a supply camp determined by the surrounding resources (kind of like in an RTS like Civilization).

Not going to happen, mind you, but I would love it to no end. But, this game is determined by PPT that accumulate in direct relation to captured objectives. So, overall, the strategies used are to get those “goals,” regardless of if there is a goalie or not.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gcostanza.2086

Gcostanza.2086

Agreed. No matter what team it ruins the game. Im putting it out tonight if I see any HoD using exploits they are getting recorded and reported. Lets have some fun in EB tonight

Ghostbusters INC SBI. Death is but a door , time is but a window, Ill be back.
Engineer Main

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks R Us.2489

Shanks is on AR, not DH. Good response, though, I’m sure you showed him.

He sure did. Especially because everybody on AR knows how much I love zerging…lol…

It’s okay though, can’t take much offense when he uses those 9gag memes in every post, just makes me think of a 9 year old.

Zane The Clever – Asuran Engineer
Roaming Video 3Roaming Video 41v7 in WvW with engineer

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

^ lols. great job gents. Still its boring in WvW… Step it up AR and HoD

are you the commander that was in DH BL that I killed roughly 5+ times on my guardian?

next time don’t make the fights too boring lol

Dusty Dawg

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: HippoLogic.2519

HippoLogic.2519

Id just like to say I think HOD/AR are seeing a very kitten ed off DH that got double teamed by to cowardly servers last week just think we could be up with SBI/BP had we not. On another note I really wish AR the best of luck in your rebuilding process you truly were a whole different beast last time we squared off its a little unsatisfactory beating you guys now knowing its not really a rematch of what your server was. The pride of your server will come back and with that the manvile rock will return.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Shanks R Us.2489

Id just like to say I think HOD/AR are seeing a very kitten ed off DH that got double teamed by to cowardly servers last week just think we could be up with SBI/BP had we not. On another note I really wish AR the best of luck in your rebuilding process you truly were a whole different beast last time we squared off its a little unsatisfactory beating you guys now knowing its not really a rematch of what your server was. The pride of your server will come back and with that the manvile rock will return.

The pride never left. Our largest guild, on the other hard, did =P

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

ArkAngel.7940

Its not really about subjective satisfaction…

Again though, its just not a matter of what you personally enjoy more. The game is about winning through accumulated PPT.

Thank you, I am well aware of how the PPT system works and how to “win” WvW. However, my stance is why should we seek unguarded towers just so we can get those 15+ points per tick? Or sneak around a fight just to grab said tower. If you take a tower, it shouldn’t be so you can get those ticks. There are a lot more reasons to grab a tower. I digress though, we should be fighting, not stealth capping. Which is why PPT loses its value because of the lack of night crews. I’m not saying you are wrong. I’m not saying I’m right. This is after all a game we all paid for, and there are many ways to enjoy WvW. “Winning” a match up be kitten

Henge of Denravi [HoD]

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

you guys need to clean house a little bit. its pretty easy to cap a lot of land easy and get ppts with players who glitch / fly into towers / keeps and cap them without siege like i saw last night, and if you want to play on the higher tiers, i’d try to find the folks doing that kind of stuff and make sure they’re not playing in your wvw anymore. I really wish i had video of it last night but will have cameras rolling in the future and will be watching. dh is good but capping 3-4 towers and a keep at one time in under 45 seconds is something that the guys you’re wanting to play cant even do.

secessit viri bellatores

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

Thank you, I am well aware of how the PPT system works and how to “win” WvW. However, my stance is why should we seek unguarded towers just so we can get those 15+ points per tick? Or sneak around a fight just to grab said tower. If you take a tower, it shouldn’t be so you can get those ticks. There are a lot more reasons to grab a tower. I digress though, we should be fighting, not stealth capping. Which is why PPT loses its value because of the lack of night crews. I’m not saying you are wrong. I’m not saying I’m right. This is after all a game we all paid for, and there are many ways to enjoy WvW. “Winning” a match up be kitten

I had no doubt you understood WvW and PPT. What you didnt seem to catch was my point, but thats ok. In the end, I really dont care whether or not you use it.

You are more than free to enjoy it in the way you desire, obviously. All I did was post a tactic. You said you care more about personal satisfaction than PPT, and also insinuate that it is either an invalid tactic, or dishonorable. However, whether or not it applies to you, or if you will personally use it, isnt particularly relevant for the very same reason you stated;

Everyone here paid for the game, I would assume.

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: kurath.9406

kurath.9406

HoD have similar numbers to BP

Credibility gone.

Not even BP thought that (or even thought it was anywhere close) during our match up and the typical human behavior is to exaggerate your enemies numbers and understate your own.

Genesis Theory [GT] – HoD

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

I just like killing people and chewing bubble gum…….. Not a single kitten is givin about anything else.

Come at us bros!

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos:

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Devon.9061

Devon.9061

yadayada dont care

still don’t care

useless don’t care… oh wait what do we have here? DH and HoD have similar numbers to BP and SBI bunch of random stuff

WHAT THE KITTEN?!?!?! First off HoD doesn’t have similar numbers to DH let alone BP. Yes, I think we would know this seeing as we have faced both servers. Second, we were a T1 server who fell to T8 and now we are here. I will tell you flat out we have gotten no significant transfers since our climb back up. So unless all the inactive ex-TA alliance members randomly appeared we have the same group that was with us one we hit T8. The only thing is we lost a “big” WvW guild. In fact that helped us more than anything since it was them who separated our server.

Ok now back to the other stuff. WvW is about having fun for most of HoD at least. We don’t care about PP and coming first. If it happens cool, neato!! We just wanna have fun. VLK personally is taking this week as a fun week seeing as we have a lot of ex-DH. Plus AP is ours when we are in there.. <.< But in the end of the day.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

HoD have similar numbers to BP

Credibility gone.

Not even BP thought that (or even thought it was anywhere close) during our match up and the typical human behavior is to exaggerate your enemies numbers and understate your own.

here’s the thing… when you get beat down by dominate numbers, your players stop playing. when you stop playing your numbers go away (or transfer to the other team) that’s what happened with bp. you guys can field similar numbers (i’ve seen it, maybe not as much or as frequent as them but i’ve seen what i’ve seen and i can tell a people zerg from people + pets / clones), you don’t have the same coverage as them no, but you can if you concentrate your numbers can field similar numbers. so think what you want, you’re entitled to your own opinion. this is the only place you’ve played and only played the servers that have come down here, so if you choose to believe what you want that’s fine. the other servers aren’t that much different from you guys as far as i’ve seen. but what do i know we’ve just been playing them for the past few months…

secessit viri bellatores

(edited by Steve Whitley.8359)

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

I’ll tell you HoD did not dwindle in numbers during the BP week. Since once again we are more fun oriented not HARD CORE ELITE WVWS!!!! FOR THE ZERG!!! I mean um HoD? We could match them on maybe one map? But.. oh wait.. what is this batman?? We have to defend two maps?? Gee Willikers I thought we could field the same number! Please view the following video for an informational outlook on when a smaller server splits their numbers to cover multiple maps for DEFENSE.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

I’ll tell you HoD did not dwindle in numbers during the week. Since once again we are more fun oriented not HARD CORE ELITE WVWS!!!! FOR THE ZERG!!! I mean um HoD? We could match them on maybe one map? But.. oh wait.. what is this batman?? We have to defend two maps?? Gee Willikers I thought we could field the same number! Please view the following video for an informational video on when a smaller server splits their numbers to cover multiple maps for DEFENSE.

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

ArkAngel.7940

I had no doubt you understood WvW and PPT. What you didnt seem to catch was my point, but thats ok. In the end, I really dont care whether or not you use it.

You are more than free to enjoy it in the way you desire, obviously. All I did was post a tactic. You said you care more about personal satisfaction than PPT, and also insinuate that it is either an invalid tactic, or dishonorable. However, whether or not it applies to you, or if you will personally use it, isnt particularly relevant for the very same reason you stated;

Everyone here paid for the game, I would assume.

I never said that your tactic, or tactics to gain PPT and win the points game was invalid, or dishonorable to the extent. Yes forming distractions and capturing a objective with a long enough stall time for the enemy to react will work. There are many ways to draw the enemy away from what you really want to take. And talking about being satisfied, is it more satisfying to take a tower with no resistance? Or to work for it and succeed? A few days ago we took SM and there was literally no resistance. Hilarious? yes, was it satisfying? Of course, but it would have felt more of a victory to have actually fought our way in. In no way am I putting down your opinion, or the way of the game.

And my opinion on PPT losing value is because of night capping. In night capping, servers can gain a lot of PPT with little to no resistance.

This conversation has most definitely drawn away from stealth zergs

Henge of Denravi [HoD]

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kodiack.2783

Kodiack.2783

Sometimes, I get the feeling I’m the last guy left on AR
Doesn’t help I’m a part of the elusive “night crew”.

Still here.. and yea, even our prime time group is looking rather slim.

-K

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Steve Whitley.8359

I’ll tell you HoD did not dwindle in numbers during the week. Since once again we are more fun oriented not HARD CORE ELITE WVWS!!!! FOR THE ZERG!!! I mean um HoD? We could match them on maybe one map? But.. oh wait.. what is this batman?? We have to defend two maps?? Gee Willikers I thought we could field the same number! Please view the following video for an informational video on when a smaller server splits their numbers to cover multiple maps for DEFENSE.

when you don’t have the numbers to match coverage for coverage: you gather everybody on one map. either on your corner of EB or the top half of your BL. keeps you from having +0 and keeps moral up. every now and then you’ll be able to take your bl back and move back into the other map and take it back for some period of time (if they’re constantly pressing like some servers can do), but if you try to match all maps with a thin number of players against large numbers, yea, they’re going to take everything and you won’t get it back.

AR could (historically) care less about winning or losing, which is why we’re here. most of the players moved on to DB where all they do is win win win instead of have fun pvp style and be outmanned like we always were.

the everybody play on one map is / was / has been our tactic against bp/ebay/sbi for a long time and it works as long as you actually have players to gather together and play.

secessit viri bellatores

(edited by Steve Whitley.8359)

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nudd.2970

Nudd.2970

Seventh Abyss presents… “STAMPEDE!!!!”

Enjoy.

——

Some guy called Nudd

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Tuluum.9638

@Nudd;

There is just something about a good ’ol stampede, isnt there?

One of my favorite things in the game, actually!

Thanks for the vid

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Devon.9061

We never once hit 0PP during our fights with BP even during our off hours fyi <.<

Last Forum Account Left.
Yo mama jokes to stronk.
Forum Mods to weak.

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Enjoy.

Great compilation. 2 thumbs up.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

Enjoy.

Great compilation. 2 thumbs up.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Shanks R Us.2489

I liked how you were a quaggan, lol

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Impromptu fight club AR windmill. happening now!

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: KTDannyCZ.2910

KTDannyCZ.2910

All in all.. we know who really carrys HoD to its victories.. Its The Heartseekrs. [HART]

6/28 HoD/AR/DH

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bllade.1029

Bllade.1029

This argument is kittened.

I come from Darkhaven, now on HoD.

HoD does not have the numbers Darkhaven has or even close.

HoD does not have BP numbers. Not even similar. Not even remotely close.

At a prime time. We’ve got enough to queue up one WvW map.

The End.

[VLK] – No one ever complains about bad Thieves, they die.