7/26 BG/SoR/TC

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

This was scary. >3< Sor, why you so interested in our small piece of land.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

How many Blackgate does it take to kill a player who’s been rubber-banding for the last 5 minutes?

http://www.twitch.tv/bigo93/b/439325098

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Clockradio.3257

Clockradio.3257

This might be a bit early but congrats to BG for the win. Much respect to BG Oceanic and SEA folks, great pushes.

FW

Disclaimer: I don’t speak for my server nor guild. My posts are from an independent observer’s point of view.

I think everyone would be OK if that post didn’t have the disclaimer Fannwong

Clockradio | [TSYM] | Sanctum of Rall
tsym.enjin.com

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Joe.6184

Joe.6184

I remember one IRON member said in this thread that they play for ppt this week…..

FA Forum Warrior

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

Ah but I remember many bg posters saying congrats (to sor)….. I believe cirus typed out a very nice one. Not suggesting that there weren’t any tear-filled posts….

I thiiiiiiiiiink we just need a nice balance of troll posts and sportmanship ones.

Eitherway I’m at work go have fun ingame! Cause I can’t atm…..

hi cuddles

hi stealth

hi karps

Hi Stealth

Hi Karps

The LOVE asura <3

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: phaneo.4597

phaneo.4597

Ah but I remember many bg posters saying congrats (to sor)….. I believe cirus typed out a very nice one. Not suggesting that there weren’t any tear-filled posts….

I thiiiiiiiiiink we just need a nice balance of troll posts and sportmanship ones.

hi cuddles

hi stealth

hi karps

Hi Stealth

Hi Karps

Hi Stealth
Hi Karps
Hi Cuddles

I love trains!

KNOW YOUR ROLE, JABRONI!
Tee See

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

hi cuddles

hi stealth

hi karps

Hi Stealth

Hi Karps

Hi Stealth
Hi Karps
Hi Cuddles

I love trains!

Hi Phaneo

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

This was a nice one a few minutes ago at our nw spawn tower. Elo you.

Attachments:

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: NICKEZ.3671

NICKEZ.3671

GG. Had hoped our (TC’s) turnout would be better this week, but it’s been fun regardless.

[CERN] & [ZzZz] Xig
Asura Guard, Human Ele
TC

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

Love the party chat in that one!

“The enemy is many is all”

“Our coverage is just not T-1”

However, the way the ratings appear to be going, it looks like you’ll probably be matched up against at least one of BG/JQ/SoR every week now :-(

tsym.enjin.com

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Hehe. TY for the fun BG and SOR. Twas an interesting week which started out laggy, but lag kind of disappeared on thursday and friday.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

Hehe. TY for the fun BG and SOR. Twas an interesting week which started out laggy, but lag kind of disappeared on thursday and friday.

Fewer players = less lag.

Thank YOU for coming out to play this week :-D

tsym.enjin.com

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

However, the way the ratings appear to be going, it looks like you’ll probably be matched up against at least one of BG/JQ/SoR every week now :-(

TC will adopt. Everyone has to start somewhere. All servers eventually stabilize and will fit their proper bracket.

I just hope the RNG gods grants us good tidings. <3

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Stealth.8150

Stealth.8150

hi cuddles

hi stealth

hi karps

Hi Stealth

Hi Karps

Hi Stealth
Hi Karps
Hi Cuddles

I love trains!

Hi Phaneo

hi Fuzzion

ign: Stealthzor

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

TC will adopt. Everyone has to start somewhere. All servers eventually stabilize and will fit their proper bracket.

I’m sure they will. Both TC and DB just need time to adapt to the strategies BG/SOR/JQ have and we’ll be seeing good matchups in the top two matches every week!

tsym.enjin.com

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

we screen shotted what we had 21 bt and 7 pugs, looks like 75 to me too now that I look at it

Yeah, I’d agree that you guys had at least the upper 60’s on your first 2 attempts at wiping our GvG. Your blob averaged about 24 Wexp each.

OMG people laughing in WvW, please dont let Vash see, he will be devastated!

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Bolero Bloodreign.9025

How many Blackgate does it take to kill a player who’s been rubber-banding for the last 5 minutes?

One to press the F key and finish him and the other to bait the 60 man SoR zerg away.

Whats In Your Cereal [NUTS] ~ Blackgate ~
Guardian: Sierra Everheart ~ Ranger: Tinker Bell Cuddles ~ Engineer: Destiny Reign

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Just dropping in to say thank you TC. You guys have been great sport all week and a true champion at heart on the field (WvW) and off (this forum).

On behalf of Blackgate, it’s been a pleasure to play Tarnished Coast this week.

Whats In Your Cereal [NUTS] ~ Blackgate ~
Guardian: Sierra Everheart ~ Ranger: Tinker Bell Cuddles ~ Engineer: Destiny Reign

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Traxien Cion.9261

Traxien Cion.9261

Great fights in OLK and TCBL Garri tonight, SoR. I hope we get this matchup again. It’s good fun. Just wish more people would show up.

Traxien Cion – Ranger | Traxien Kills – Warrior | [STUN] | TC Commander

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: CuddleStrike.8215

CuddleStrike.8215

hi cuddles

hi stealth

hi karps

Hi Stealth

Hi Karps

Hi Stealth
Hi Karps
Hi Cuddles

I love trains!

Hi Phaneo

hi Fuzzion

Hi Phaneo
Hi Fuzzion

HI MATCHUP!

The LOVE asura <3

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

hey wow SoR is actually playing this week

XD only first 48hours as we could see ….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnfHdZrmMAw

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

I’m sure they will. Both TC and DB just need time to adapt to the strategies BG/SOR/JQ have and we’ll be seeing good matchups in the top two matches every week!

Hehe, I do hope so. The strategy part is easy. It’s keeping people in wvw isn’t. >3<

But I’m very grateful for the experience. I hate to say it, but we were outclassed this week.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Clockradio.3257

hey wow SoR is actually playing this week

XD only first 48hours as we could see ….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnfHdZrmMAw

Hi,

You must not play and NA timezones. SOR has been playing there all week. It’s relatively well known that SOR is in need of some SEA/Oceanic guilds. From here, I will defer you to our thread in the WvW recruitment subsection of these forums.

Best wishes,

Clock

tsym.enjin.com

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: PetiteGeek.2961

PetiteGeek.2961

Some cute little TC that didnt kill me <3

Attachments:

#PvENecroHype
Talicake >//<

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

Great video of RE and TW trying to wipe us at the same time. We utilized the bridge as a choke with the numbers they had on us. The fun part was positioning RE and TW between each other during the fights. Was a hot of a time.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Clockradio,

I have spent much time thinking about that disclaimer. I want to emphasize this because at the end of the day, I am just a gamer sitting in front of a PC enjoying a game. My guild and server exists only on my LCD, when I switch it off I am back in the real world.

I’ll be honest, I find the vitriol from both sides very discomforting. Some will argue that it’s part of a competitive gaming culture and it’s all for fun. But due to the mask of anonymity freeing up the need for civility, the forum pretty much shows the true base instincts of the posters. The posts do reveal who person is in real life, beneath the veneer of societal conformity. It does sadden me to a large extent.

Perhaps it’s an indication of the times that we live in since I did not encounter this level of hatred in the WHA Warhammer 2008 forums even though the competition in the Darklands server was intense.

I wish everyone a great weekend and a great reset.

FW

This might be a bit early but congrats to BG for the win. Much respect to BG Oceanic and SEA folks, great pushes.

FW

Disclaimer: I don’t speak for my server nor guild. My posts are from an independent observer’s point of view.

I think everyone would be OK if that post didn’t have the disclaimer Fannwong

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Hello Clockradio,

I have spent much time thinking about that disclaimer. I want to emphasize this because at the end of the day, I am just a gamer sitting in front of a PC enjoying a game. My guild and server exists only on my LCD, when I switch it off I am back in the real world.

I’ll be honest, I find the vitriol from both sides very discomforting. Some will argue that it’s part of a competitive gaming culture and it’s all for fun. But due to the mask of anonymity freeing up the need for civility, the forum pretty much shows the true base instincts of the posters. The posts do reveal who person is in real life, beneath the veneer of societal conformity. It does sadden me to a large extent.

Perhaps it’s an indication of the times that we live in since I did not encounter this level of hatred in the WHA Warhammer 2008 forums even though the competition in the Darklands server was intense.

I wish everyone a great weekend and a great reset.

FW

I feel the term ‘competitive gaming’ is inappropriate when referring to anything WvW related, there really isn’t anything remotely competitive about it.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kiltor.9362

Kiltor.9362

Great video of RE and TW trying to wipe us at the same time. We utilized the bridge as a choke with the numbers they had on us. The fun part was positioning RE and TW between each other during the fights. Was a hot of a time.

is there a reason why the video was cut short?

Kiltor – [Retribution] –

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ayarei.6912

Ayarei.6912

from forum : BT map zerg ONLY get farmed by 15TW+15RE
from video : they both farm each other, and that less than 30 BT

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Does it matter? What is shown is enough to throw the typical TW, IRON FEAR, etc. garbage talk of “BG = easy bags” into serious doubt. Btw, here is another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fgUeaU01dZo

But yeah, we all know that both sides can easily ‘show’ what ‘easy bags’ really means so congrats to all sides that do these fights – I would hope they are epic for all involved.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neuromancer.2148

Neuromancer.2148

This game is fun, I love the mechanics of it, but seriously, why should we be losing our heads over achievements that don’t really matter? Everyone wipes someone, everyone gets wiped by someone.

Just enjoy it.

Apprentice Namer – Blackgate

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Nice video!

BeeGee
Beast mode

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Nice video!

Nice. Smart move there. By choking them in the bridge, you weeded out the enemy.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Disappointed. With as many fights as we had last night, that was awful short. Granted, so were the fights.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hoots.9564

Hoots.9564

Have to cut their video short as they got farmed on every single engagement they attempted. I found it surprising that they were willing to put up footage in the first place!

[TW]Tempest Wolves

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

TC will adopt. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I’ve always wanted a kitty. I think most people should try adopting a pet before they find themselves with a child.

Maybe we don’t have to adopt. There are all kinds of doctors and drugs that are supposed to help with the insert Tab P in Slot V baby kit thing.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

This game is fun, I love the mechanics of it, but seriously, why should we be losing our heads over achievements that don’t really matter? Everyone wipes someone, everyone gets wiped by someone.

Just enjoy it.

YaY for the moon and not the finger!

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

o.o;; ^ that is as confusing as it gets for me.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pervin.5036

Pervin.5036

Meh, even still there seems to be a lot of people on BG/JQ/[non-SOR server] that keep bringing up or poking fun at things like “We aren’t playing for PPT” and “This is a training week.” I think it’s hilarious that people ON SOR are using these things as excuses when in fact they are taking these small phrases grossly out of context. All they are doing is providing people on other servers with MASSIVE troll bate for weeks on end.

EVERY GUILD should be constantly training. NO WEEK should specifically be a “training week”. That goes for every server. If you’re not learning from what you see on the field, you’re falling behind.

EVERYONE should be playing for fun, and not get super stressed over PPT. That just makes it less of a game, and more of a job.

/WaitingForTrollsToTakeThisPostOutOfContext

Very well said post… need to get on the same maps with you guys more in WvW. Miss fighting TYSM

[HB] Commander Skarlack – Necro
http://blackgatewvw.com/

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Good game this week TC…….alright BG too. Let’s gear up for a competitive reset and weekend. May the RNG gods be kind to you all.

Seriously though, I enjoy the fights with BG. While I may give you all a hard time, I do enjoy the banter and rivalries.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

WyldKat.4712

o.o;; ^ that is as confusing as it gets for me.

Bruce Lee, Enter the Dragon, to a student: “It is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don’t concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory. Do you understand?”

WvW. More having fun. Less worrying about building up the self or tearing down the others.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

o.o;;

I think that had nothing to do with my post though.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

lol

You know, if you’re shady enough to jump 2 roamers with 5 people, have the courtesy to not run away when you lose.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I define the fun in this matchup being able to slip past all the BG roamers/havoc they seems to have and take out caravans/sentries, which I was able to do on more than one occasion. (Or trolling, but that another story.) I’m not paying much attention to all the drama.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Sovereign.1093

Well the drama may be for show, like a weekly series for players to roleplay. Who knows what’s really happening haha.

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: TaeK.5821

TaeK.5821

Fun for you guys, sure but we were trying to have a GvG and you saw that and interfered like a kitten. What you see here is 15 [RE] and 15 [TW] in their GvG gear with about 15 orso SoR spectators (who BT killed A LOT OF beforehand, catching them off guard) and about 5 orso TC spectators.

Our intention wasn’t really to WIPE you ([RE] wouldn’t have been able to with our numbers) but to make you bugger off and let us GvG in peace. (which didn’t happen because you saw fit to come 3 more times)

Very kitteny imo, and even more so that a video was made of it saying “kitten look at the farmage on this bridge against [RE] and [TW] hurhurhur”

Have some humility and respect kitten .

Coming from EU tiers, this is quite disheartening.

Takoji – The Golden Guardian of Gunnar’s Hold & GW2 Instrument Master

(edited by TaeK.5821)

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

What happened to the rest of the fight…. You know, where the half dozen or so of you ran to the tower after wiping?

Oh … TW just came from a 15v15. Not sure where you get a map zerg out of the 15 of us, but whatever.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

Nice. Smart move there. By choking them in the bridge, you weeded out the enemy.

Not really. They wiped to our 15 plus a couple of random spectators they didnt manage to kill when they rolled through them while we were GvGing.

I switched to my stacking weapon as we chased them to the bridge and went from 0 to 25 stacks before the fight was even half way over. It is kind of cute that they posted a very small clip fighting an enemy they out numbered from the start, had a huge advantage over, and still had to edit out both the beginning and the outcome where they wiped to a smaller force… with survivors retreating to a tower.

Even funnier because they wiped two more times with superior numbers over us and spent the rest of the night running on inc and porting away. Funny trolling there. I haven’t laughed that hard in a while. Thanks for the good time…. but wait until after a GvG is done next time.

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laylyn.6018

Laylyn.6018

Meh, even still there seems to be a lot of people on BG/JQ/[non-SOR server] that keep bringing up or poking fun at things like “We aren’t playing for PPT” and “This is a training week.” I think it’s hilarious that people ON SOR are using these things as excuses when in fact they are taking these small phrases grossly out of context. All they are doing is providing people on other servers with MASSIVE troll bate for weeks on end.

EVERY GUILD should be constantly training. NO WEEK should specifically be a “training week”. That goes for every server. If you’re not learning from what you see on the field, you’re falling behind.

EVERYONE should be playing for fun, and not get super stressed over PPT. That just makes it less of a game, and more of a job.

/WaitingForTrollsToTakeThisPostOutOfContext

That’s pretty wise. I’ve read your follow up posts to this. I couldn’t agree more and I think it hints at something bigger.

For most of us, this isn’t our first game. Many of us have been in hyper competitive pvp that died over time. In the end, courses of action that not only maintain our own server’s numbers, but those of our opponents are vital. For without someone to shoot, as pvpers, we literally have no game.

If we are starting to see GW2 shift into a more sportsmanlike game, I think GW2’s lifespan as a viable wpvp game will be many times what it would be otherwise. You have only to look around to realize that many of the greatest pvp guilds of the past 15 years play here. It does no damage to anyone’s guild reputation or player reputation to admit that.

Conversely, not recognizing that, actually does hurt us all as a greater MMO pvp community. After all, this is one of the most pvp focused MMOs in years. I for one would prefer more games developed like this, rather than completely pve centered games, as have been the staple since WOW’s success in 2004.

From what I can see across the field, SoR has had a natural dip in its PUG fielding and as a result some of its guild fielding as well. Every server goes through that and as FW has said, it’s just a morale thing.

As always, SoR will pull through. You should upsurge soon; again, it’s just a matter of SoR’s guild community pulling together with their militia and they will.

I’d also like to put a huge salute to TC this week. They did awesome out there in the field and really changed the tone of this match in a positive way. I’ve watched as TC has evolved into a hard fighting server with a community retention that most of us envy. It’s been an honor to fight TC this week as well.

/salute

7/26 BG/SoR/TC

in Match-ups

Posted by: PhilBrank.4965

PhilBrank.4965

Not really. They wiped to our 15 plus a couple of random spectators they didnt manage to kill when they rolled through them while we were GvGing.

I switched to my stacking weapon as we chased them to the bridge and went from 0 to 25 stacks before the fight was even half way over. It is kind of cute that they posted a very small clip fighting an enemy they out numbered from the start, had a huge advantage over, and still had to edit out both the beginning and the outcome where they wiped to a smaller force… with survivors retreating to a tower.

Even funnier because they wiped two more times with superior numbers over us and spent the rest of the night running on inc and porting away. Funny trolling there. I haven’t laughed that hard in a while. Thanks for the good time…. but wait until after a GvG is done next time.

“wiped”

“superior numbers”

You’re delusional.

Regardless, it’s been one heck of a week. Thanks for the fights SoR and TC, looking forward to the upcoming week.

Tsorin – Warrior [RET]