7/26 Sea of Sorrows/Maguuma/Yak's Bend

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Next will you want servers to be split by East Coast, Central, Mountain and Pacific US times?

People always try to make this point in response, but its apples and oranges, because all the US time zones still have enough players for competitiveness across each other, even if one server say favors East Coast and another favors Pacific. It’s not like 100 vs 8 people. It’s only the across the world splits that provide the disparities in numbers unmatched anywhere else to the point of ludicrousness

what about any of the tier 1 servers? I think BG has the largest oceanic presence.

No, T1 servers are round the clock manned near to full. So obviously would not be fair to put a sever like SoS up against them as they would get murdered for about 16 hours every day.

Anet did mess up not making 3 regions. But yeah nothing will be done. Just stinks when you can’t find any good fights for large parts of the day when you’re on.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

How can anyone muster the effort to complain about pop/coverage anymore?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Elcron.1208

Elcron.1208

Some footage from last night, I have 5-10 more minutes of video but will just mix in with stuff from later in the week. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/wD2Lw8VZM1s

I’m not going to lie, the best part of the video was watching you not click your skills…. other than your elite.

he’s still screen shakin

He’s still kicking their butts

El Kharnno – Elementalist – Commander
Myrmidon Elite [ME]
Seraphim Martyrs [BURN] – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

How can anyone muster the effort to complain about pop/coverage anymore?

It remains the biggest issue holding this game mode back. And the next game that gets RvR right in this respect will probably bleed GW2 dry for it. Shame too because there are solutions.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

I don’t mind the obvious 2 v 1 I find humor in it. Only reason I brought it up is cause YB last week claiming we worked out a deal with CD. This all coming from a YB commander Zeramix from MEX. Looks like it’s the other way around is all I’m saying

You Mag guys are providing amusement for me much earlier this week than i had expected.

Let me remind you about your own words from last week, that server No.1 in a match-up will of course target No.2 – which happens to be you this week. I know you like to bash weaker servers and i knew you would start to complain the moment you face someone stronger than you, and would start to look for excuses. That they start to come this early is really funny.

I think Yaks should actually try to double-team you guys with SoS, if SoS would be up for it, so you guys provide some more entertainment. But it’s only Saturday and a lot of things can still happen. You guys from Mag actually have to step up your efforts this week, but you can just go to PvE and do some jumping puzzles.

Take some of this and call me in the morning.

Attachments:

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

Just had a funny moment in our BL when a Mag and someone from SoS attacked me together. Before that they had both attacked some of our guards together. Smells like cooperation…

You ever think it might be because we consider you the greater threat?

I don’t want to dis too much on Yak’s because they are the underdogs here, but they are squishy as hell and rarely engage unless they have better numbers

Outside of a few ungrouped people who seemed lost, most Maguumans are substantially harder to kill than most we have faced.
Too bad they’ve already quit the match.

in Match-ups

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Just had a funny moment in our BL when a Mag and someone from SoS attacked me together. Before that they had both attacked some of our guards together. Smells like cooperation…

I don’t want to dis too much on Yak’s because they are the underdogs here, but they are squishy as hell and rarely engage unless they have better numbers

Outside of a few ungrouped people who seemed lost, most Maguumans are substantially harder to kill than most we have faced.

So we just now took highest PPT by quitting the match? Okay. Three of our guilds’ commanders are gone this weekend, two of them have been gone for awhile already. I’m sorry if we can’t play all weekend like the mature adult servers!!

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jereme.1840

Jereme.1840

lol people it was a joke. I was just Trolling YB for saying last week we teamed with CD. chill the fk out. Why so serious?

in Match-ups

Posted by: TheButterman.5182

TheButterman.5182

AGG, you are all like a giant school of predatory velociraptors. I wet myself a bit when I watched you murder that Yak group. I only ask that you murder me with dignity.
Between AGG on SoS, and the billions of angry Yaks, I’ve been having some great fights. Keep up the fun!

Siberious Tim [PYRO] commander
Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

That was beautiful :*)

Attachments:

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grimfalcon.3847

Grimfalcon.3847

good fights by the [derp] group guarding yaks spawn in mags bl

Grimfalcon – War, Karin Tai – Ele

(edited by Grimfalcon.3847)

in Match-ups

Posted by: PredatoR.5247

PredatoR.5247

Jericho The Usurper[Agg] – Aggression

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rodigee.7139

Rodigee.7139

All you have to do is believe in yourself.

http://imgur.com/a/IZRON

Paris – Maguuma

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tenbux.5182

Tenbux.5182

I believe……

in Match-ups

Posted by: StealthSnake.9134

StealthSnake.9134

Paris and Daryl, the heroes that Maguuma deserves.

Stealth Snake – Necro
Maguuma~ : 3

in Match-ups

Posted by: sgtFuzzyboots.2318

sgtFuzzyboots.2318

The fight outside SoS bay tonight was awesome! Even though we wiped in the end, just battling in the open field with the two sides sieged up was a lot of fun! Thanks Mag & especially swäg, your flank attack was what finally ended the stalemate!

Sgtfuzzyboots ~ Sylvari Elementalist ~ Commander
Fuzzy Vio ~ Azura Warrior
[BANE] – Reason For Extinction | Sea of Sorrows

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Nice fight by Golanta guys. Our 3 man group held out for quite awhile atleast before you managed to take us down. Was fun killing you all multiple times before you came back with 10 people to kill us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

I am kinda lost concerning your comment, how can you consider me, a squishy Yak, to be the greater threat when Mags are harder to kill? I play during NA nighttime, and usually in our BL, where we mostly face superior numbers. If both SoS and Mag are so much the better players then why did those two team up to fight me instead of going for the greater challenge of fighting each other?

I wouldn’t complain about Yaks “only” engaging when they have superior numbers then – in our BL this is rarely the case anyway, at least when i am playing. And by the way, those two did not manage to kill me.

And no, i do not think Mag and SoS are cooperating, although it would not surprise me if they teamed up against the weakest server. My post was meant to show that Yaks is not teaming up with anyone, despite accusations stating otherwise.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Whoever is in charge of these guilds, get your kittens together.
If you don’t like me on cannon that much, just go around it, instead of hacking into SM and get reported.
I want to hear more about this case from people in Yak’s band.

They don’t care, can’t see why they should.
During our last match-up I saw random people from 10 different guilds on this wall, not really a reason to judge the whole server or guilds because of that. The problem is already known and probably will take anet another two months to fix. As for now, enjoy the free thieves-hunting simulator.

(edited by Halo.8976)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

I am kinda lost concerning your comment, how can you consider me, a squishy Yak, to be the greater threat when Mags are harder to kill? I play during NA nighttime, and usually in our BL, where we mostly face superior numbers. If both SoS and Mag are so much the better players then why did those two team up to fight me instead of going for the greater challenge of fighting each other?

I wouldn’t complain about Yaks “only” engaging when they have superior numbers then – in our BL this is rarely the case anyway, at least when i am playing. And by the way, those two did not manage to kill me.

And no, i do not think Mag and SoS are cooperating, although it would not surprise me if they teamed up against the weakest server. My post was meant to show that Yaks is not teaming up with anyone, despite accusations stating otherwise.

As a rule when I command in a match when we are the favorites to win, I always go for whomever is ranked second or the greater threat. Unless Yaks bend actively get in our way or we run out of things to cap, its baguuma first.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

So far in this thread we have:

Nightcapping is unfair. Check.
It’s 2 on 1. Check.
X server is hacking. Check.

Did we travel back in time to 2012 again?

in Match-ups

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

Some good fights this weekend for our small man

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

Still no complains about jumping puzzle campers. Really disappointing.
http://youtu.be/SRwrg0db_zY

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kmaster.5472

Kmaster.5472

If you don’t like me on cannon that much, just go around it, instead of hacking into SM and get reported.

During our last match-up I saw random people from 10 different guilds on this wall, not really a reason to judge the whole server or guilds because of that. The problem is already known and probably will take anet another two months to fix. As for now, enjoy the free thieves-hunting simulator.

Of course they should care.
I do WvW all the time, been doing it for months, and spend considerable amounts of time in there. Haven’t had this many glitch abuse with any other servers. Just like you said, if at least 10 different guild from yak’s are just in and out sm whenever the hell they want, that IS a reason to judge the whole server. Even if anet aint fixing these bugs fast enough, that doesn’t mean they should freely abuse it. And as a server, they decides to not even gonna care? I remember when mesmer from sos glitch into Mendons. Our guys all yelled not to take port, and we all reported the person who did, and kicked the guy from the guild he was in. Seems to me Yak’s don’t have moral standards like us eh? 10 different guilds walks in and out and nobody even tries to stop them. Ridiculous.

Phongril

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

Anyone want to Fight Club now? YB BL ss normal spot. A few here but not enough.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

As a rule when I command in a match when we are the favorites to win, I always go for whomever is ranked second or the greater threat. Unless Yaks bend actively get in our way or we run out of things to cap, its baguuma first.

Your other commanders seem to not follow this rule of yours, i really don’t blame them. Our BL is almost completely flipped by your Zerg, while Mags is mostly theirs.
Hearing from one of you about your higher morale standards is funny though.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Tobias Steele.2071

Your other commanders seem to not follow this rule of yours, i really don’t blame them. Our BL is almost completely flipped by your Zerg, while Mags is mostly theirs.

Not all obviously but many do. During na times we typically fall back to our bl and eb, we don’t really have enough forces (apart from agg they go to other maps looking for fights) to do much aside from that. In oceanic we leave YB alone till mags is green, then we do take your stuff. Being second sucks, always the worst position to be in. Third always wants to take your place and first wants to keep you down.

Tarnished Coast.

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

Not all obviously but many do. During na times we typically fall back to our bl and eb, we don’t really have enough forces (apart from agg they go to other maps looking for fights) to do much aside from that. In oceanic we leave YB alone till mags is green, then we do take your stuff. Being second sucks, always the worst position to be in. Third always wants to take your place and first wants to keep you down.

Not sure if you looked at the score, but Yaks is third and your Zerg is currently in our BL. As i said i don’t blame you for going after the weakest server in this match-up, just reconsider your words. Don’t want to sound rude, but what you are saying is obviously not true.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

As a rule when I command in a match when we are the favorites to win, I always go for whomever is ranked second or the greater threat. Unless Yaks bend actively get in our way or we run out of things to http://www.guildwars2.com/en/cap, its baguuma first.

Of course the undefended borderland will be more tempting to karma train regardless of the hate for magswag… Meanwhile in EB its the reverse.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in Match-ups

Pinko.2076

pls post if fight clubs pop up thanks!

in Match-ups

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Our guild was on YB BL. We were on there for a long time… like 3-4 hours since TS was on Mags BL earlier. Basically we just kept hitting your stuff and was too lazy to switch borderlands even after (I assume) TS left Mags BL.

Not really a 2v1 or anything, we didn’t really think all that much about it lol.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in Match-ups

Pinko.2076

The first match in a while where Mag is the third wheel in PvF! Please kiss and make up Yaks bros and SoS.

in Match-ups

Tobias Steele.2071

Not sure if you looked at the score, but Yaks is third and your Zerg is currently in our BL. As i said i don’t blame you for going after the weakest server in this match-up, just reconsider your words. Don’t want to sound rude, but what you are saying is obviously not true.

Like you say mate look at the score. You’re what 1 k behind mags? If we were targeting you, they would be kicking your kitten and they really should be, they have some kitten good na guilds. I don’t speak for every person on SOS 24/7. You probably kitten ed them off somehow hell you’re starting to kitten me off so maybe we’ll change the status quo and spawn farm you tomorow instead of mags, just so you can see the difference.

I said the preference is for me to attack maguuma first while they are second and their rating is higher. doesn’t mean you get let off the hook entirely. Red is dead after all.

Edit: oh wow so many kittens. I didn’t even say anything bad. :S

Tarnished Coast.

(edited by Tobias Steele.2071)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xenotype.1468

Xenotype.1468

I was leading that zerg for a good 3-4 hours. I mean if it wasn’t SoS attacking you guys, it would have been Mag.

Cyradis Amnell – Founder/Leader/Commander
Fifty Shades of Bear [BEAR] – Sea of Sorrows
gw2bear.com

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kam.8109

Kam.8109

So we just now took highest PPT by quitting the match? Okay. Three of our guilds’ commanders are gone this weekend, two of them have been gone for awhile already. I’m sorry if we can’t play all weekend like the mature adult servers!!

I was on until around 11:30pm eastern and Mag was second place at least up until then. We covered 2 borderlands and couldn’t find a zerg bigger than 10. We were looking forward to some good fights and it seemed like you guys took the night off. So if you took the lead PPT what time was this so we know when we can play?

You had such a good showing friday night it’s a little disappointing. You’re telling me you only have 3 commanders?

in Match-ups

Pinko.2076

I was on until around 11:30pm eastern and Mag was second place at least up until then. We covered 2 borderlands and couldn’t find a zerg bigger than 10. We were looking forward to some good fights and it seemed like you guys took the night off. So if you took the lead PPT what time was this so we know when we can play?

Mag has really, really low pop for weekends. I guess you haven’t faced us often, but we really only have massive activity on weekdays. Log on NA prime mon-thurs and we’ll have fun~

in Match-ups

Posted by: Werat.7063

Werat.7063

Of course the undefended borderland will be more tempting to karma train regardless of the hate for magswag… Meanwhile in EB its the reverse.

This is very true. If Yaks had the chance they would take the undefended bl as well if they had the power. As does SOS and Mags. Only the time shifts are different.
None is better than the other. It`s been ages when I have seen a run on a borderland where the enemy actually went there with the intention of actually allowing the other side to show up to defend for real fights…instead of just pvdooring.

There is absolutly no skill in golem rushing an undended bl but still everyone does it. On SOS it is afaik even activly promoted (the same as we will sacrify t3 towers just to pvdoor at the other end of eb), so i would not take the attacks on yak bl to heart.

In the olde age karma train was for the day before reset, now its done everyday. So much for overall sever morale standing.

eu league
“Opportunities multiply as they are seized.”

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

This is very true. If Yaks had the chance they would take the undefended bl as well if they had the power. As does SOS and Mags. Only the time shifts are different.
None is better than the other. It`s been ages when I have seen a run on a borderland where the enemy actually went there with the intention of actually allowing the other side to show up to defend for real fights…instead of just pvdooring.

There is absolutly no skill in golem rushing an undended bl but still everyone does it. On SOS it is afaik even activly promoted (the same as we will sacrify t3 towers just to pvdoor at the other end of eb), so i would not take the attacks on yak bl to heart.

In the olde age karma train was for the day before reset, now its done everyday. So much for overall sever morale standing.

Of course Yaks take undefended BL if given the chance, just that we do not claim to not do so. And i am not taking the attacks on our BL to heart, i am amused at some of the things some people from SoS are saying here, this guy for example:

Like you say mate look at the score. You’re what 1 k behind mags? If we were targeting you, they would be kicking your kitten and they really should be, they have some kitten good na guilds. I don’t speak for every person on SOS 24/7. You probably kitten ed them off somehow hell you’re starting to kitten me off so maybe we’ll change the status quo and spawn farm you tomorow instead of mags, just so you can see the difference.

I said the preference is for me to attack maguuma first while they are second and their rating is higher. doesn’t mean you get let off the hook entirely. Red is dead after all.

Edit: oh wow so many kittens. I didn’t even say anything bad. :S

Seems like i hit some nerve with my comments, given the vulgar language he uses, while i haven’t let out my inner Forum Warrior yet.

SoS is still targeting us right now, and not Mag. If me stating the obvious is angering you then just bring it on, i am not afraid of threats you make about spawn camping because what i have seen so far from SoS is not overly impressive. And thankfully there seem to be some people from SoS with better manners than yours. Cheers!

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Of course they should care.
I do WvW all the time, been doing it for months, and spend considerable amounts of time in there. Haven’t had this many glitch abuse with any other servers. Just like you said, if at least 10 different guild from yak’s are just in and out sm whenever the hell they want, that IS a reason to judge the whole server. Even if anet aint fixing these bugs fast enough, that doesn’t mean they should freely abuse it. And as a server, they decides to not even gonna care? I remember when mesmer from sos glitch into Mendons. Our guys all yelled not to take port, and we all reported the person who did, and kicked the guy from the guild he was in. Seems to me Yak’s don’t have moral standards like us eh? 10 different guilds walks in and out and nobody even tries to stop them. Ridiculous.

If you really care then you should reach out to YB in private to deal with it. BTW the last thread I saw about the SoS mesmer had people saying “oh he’s innocent” so it’s not globally true.

I don’t think you should bother, that guy cannot be made happy. Well, unless we lose, then he will be super happy.

You had such a good showing friday night it’s a little disappointing. You’re telling me you only have 3 commanders?

It was very brief, actually dropped away before the score even ticked :P We do have a shortage of commanders, always have. Most of our commanders right now prefer to run guild groups and most of them weren’t playing yesterday. You will probably see more from us during the week. Rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated. Then again, the guy who I was replying to expected CD to beat us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: El Cid.3416

El Cid.3416

So far in this thread we have:

Nightcapping is unfair. Check.
It’s 2 on 1. Check.
X server is hacking. Check.

Did we travel back in time to 2012 again?

You forgot:
“All X ever does is zerg ball”

LOL

in Match-ups

Posted by: robocafaz.9017

robocafaz.9017

Maguuma has not and will not ever team up with another server. That is not #magswag at all.

Maguuma doesn’t play by anyone else’s rules. Maguuma is edgy and rides alone.

Deany Kong – #magswag
Head Deany Kong of Deany and the Kongs [Kong]
http://www.youtube.com/user/RoboCafaz

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

Sorry, must have blinked.

I don’t know how things roll on Maguuma but on SoS most guilds have a spare commander or two for when work and/or vacations happen. Sure we’d have a problem if some of our better commanders took off, but it’s happened before and we didn’t fold like fresh linen.

(edited by Chris.3290)

in Match-ups

Chris.3290

I don’t know why in the faintest I thought you were a Maguuma and now that I read this I realize I stayed up too late Friday.
Sorry, I stayed up late expecting them to push back.

Also, the YB I’ve seen do have a lack of aggressive tendencies. I think you guys just need to learn to open-field a bit (win or lose, it makes you better) and forget the repair costs and you’ll do just fine.
I do want to shout out to the PRO guild on YB for being no-quit though. Way to hang in there.

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Sorry, must have blinked.

I don’t know how things roll on Maguuma but on SoS most guilds have a spare commander or two for when work and/or vacations happen. Sure we’d have a problem if some of our better commanders took off, but it’s happened before and we didn’t fold like fresh linen.

We do have backup commanders for a few of them, but I think it’s an issue getting the same number of people to listen to them, unfortunately. We don’t really know what to do about it. DORP notably does not have a backup commander at all.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laii.2780

Laii.2780

Commander Snake is taking a vacation on TeeCee this week.
I’m afraid to say he’s gained alittle weight(and changed contacts) during his stay and joined RE

Attachments:

[CERN] ~ WAR/Necro^ O ^)/!

in Match-ups

saiyr.3071

Commander Snake is taking a vacation on TeeCee this week.
I’m afraid to say he’s gained alittle weight(and changed contacts) during his stay and joined RE

The ultimate insult

in Match-ups

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Mag is awful and full of 12 year olds spouting swag everywhere. All anyone does in this game is hide in zergs and run away from even numbers. JP is boring since too many mag go there now, its no challenge. It leaves me with setting stealth traps sitting alone in wvw waiting for roaming thief to try kill me, only to have them not be able to and run away or call their buddies for backup. Nothing is better than watching a thief try to stealth desperately and not being able to.

http://i.imgur.com/w8Pxj8i.jpg

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Skynet.7201

Skynet.7201

Shoutout to the YB thief from [Pro], hanging out with our party defending southern homeland. We really had a blast hanging out with you!

(those nice little quiet/friendly moments)

;)

We created the perfect infiltration machine.
Join 9K+ GW2 players: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GW2Gamers/
All are welcome!

in Match-ups

Frosch.7809

I don’t know why in the faintest I thought you were a Maguuma and now that I read this I realize I stayed up too late Friday.
Sorry, I stayed up late expecting them to push back.

Also, the YB I’ve seen do have a lack of aggressive tendencies. I think you guys just need to learn to open-field a bit (win or lose, it makes you better) and forget the repair costs and you’ll do just fine.
I do want to shout out to the PRO guild on YB for being no-quit though. Way to hang in there.

I think most of us had nights where we stayed up for too long, so just never mind it.

During the last few weeks we always had at least one server in our match-up that was ranked much higher than us (an “elephant” server), and such servers like to Zerg a lot and roll over our players with superior numbers if we engage them, which makes you think defensively. Can’t say much about Yaks in EB though, since i mostly stay in our BL.

[Yak’s Bend]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Phedre Scion.1520

Phedre Scion.1520

During the last few weeks we always had at least one server in our match-up that was ranked much higher than us (an “elephant” server), and such servers like to Zerg a lot and roll over our players with superior numbers if we engage them, which makes you think defensively. Can’t say much about Yaks in EB though, since i mostly stay in our BL.

[/quote]

We understand that getting rolled feeling by the mega sized servers. It was happening to us the first 8 weeks.