7/6/13: GH-MS-RoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Liquid Storm.8097

Liquid Storm.8097

Try logic, Noss. Why should i have to be not angry? Just because i said FRS were angry with gunnars? Makes sense? No.

Um… yes?

Staff elementalist @ [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks EU
http://fspsoul.enjin.com/

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

check reset Vynt and stop the parental arguments ty. we based our decisions on your actions, on reset surmia was the only borderland without a queue. but you came to us instead of millers, not that anyone expected something different.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Match-ups

Liquid Storm.8097

bullkitten, stikko, do you even believe yourself? if millers was dangerous in morning they wouldnt sit on their boderland and let you cap ours without doing anything whatsoever, they would either push our bl aswell or push yours… not many other options assuming they dont like to play cards in their garrison lords room. now because of this kitten we have to push your borderland again in the evening to not come out 3rd when we could be in millers testing their power. just boring…

lolololol

And you complain about others being two-faced.

Far Shiverpeaks EU

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

RiOT attention whores im not talking to you (depressing, isnt it).

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in Match-ups

Liquid Storm.8097

Whatever you say pumpkin. :*

Far Shiverpeaks EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Try logic, Noss. Why should i have to be not angry? Just because i said FRS were angry with gunnars? Makes sense? No.

You can be angry all you want. I just thought it’s pretty funny you’re saying FRS are angry petty kids, while you’re the only one acting like a petty angry kid.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

dude i wasnt saying i wasnt petty angry kid ok? if thats fine for you.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Except the gentleman above your post.

Lol, yes, I saw that

I personally don’t blame the players who played overnight to cap our stuff while we slept. It is what it is, and is a major reason why scores don’t matter, win or lose.

But I can understand why it seems cheap and hence frustrates some people!

You spend all day fighting to capture/hold SM against all odds, then it gets taken by a group who only had a couple of moas and a confused Aussie pug to contend with… and they get the same score guarding it from NPCs as you did for all your heroic efforts guarding it from zergs all evening :p

Still, all part of the fun.

Edit: whoa, there was some kind of post explosion while I wrote this. – backs away slowly -

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

(edited by Hyung.6140)

in Match-ups

Posted by: XanoNymOuS.5407

XanoNymOuS.5407

if millers was dangerous in morning they wouldnt sit on their boderland and let you cap ours without doing anything whatsoever, they would either push our bl aswell or push yours…

Actually Miller’s did something this morning, maybe you didn’t notice your eb corner was painted green? :p

Also this: (saturday—> sunday)

Attachments:

XyrosFrø

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

Steelo should focus all that energy into recruiting aussie guilds to GH.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: zonderbon.5871

zonderbon.5871

I’m not from RiOT, but I still think the biggest whiner in this thread is steelo right now :d

Feras Pridestalker/Acamar Blazeclaw of <Waking January>, the in-game and real-life band!

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

You spend all day fighting to capture/hold SM against all odds, then it gets taken by a group who only had a couple of moas and a confused Aussie pug to contend with… and they get the same score guarding it from NPCs as you did for all your heroic efforts guarding it from zergs all evening :p

You leave Vix out of this :p

On a serious note though Star seems to have exploded… I can understand his annoyances though. Very frustrating watching the live map knowing theres nothing you can do. And id rather every match up we have against ros not to turn into ros vs gh vs noonecaresbecausewewontattackthem

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

yes im whining about FRS coming to cap gunnars every match every morning out of petty anger against our server. so what? you guys are kids… you go offtopic to determine who whines and who is strong man never cry with balls in pants.. zzzz … im just going back in game.

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

You leave Vix out of this :p

On a serious note though Star seems to have exploded… I can understand his annoyances though. Very frustrating watching the live map knowing theres nothing you can do. And id rather every match up we have against ros not to turn into ros vs gh vs noonecaresbecausewewontattackthem

We have an Aussie?! Awesome!

And I actually think this matchup has been great for not being about RoS vs GH. Of course it’s fun to have a rival server, but I enjoyed the fact that nobody in game was focussed on that at all over the weekend, just playing all four maps as hard as we could.

And after Riverside last week Millers seem like a ridiculously fun server to fight by comparison! Think back to last week’s little adventure and shudder in horror…

Wish Millers were more active in the forums though, they seem very quiet.

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Millers seem to have some guilds who run 15-20 instead of the usual zergs im used to from de servers. That said there tactic seems to be hit whoever is weakest at that point in time. Tactically very smart but less fun.
They are quiet on here mind.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zorainda.3495

Zorainda.3495

I don’t care if Steelo sounds irritated or not and maybe he is, what he says though when isolated from any emotions or “whining” is absolute truth and has been since the first day we faced RoS after Xaoc moved there: The bad feelings left between that FRS guild and GH were one of the reasons we were back then (and continued to be) heavily focused. To the point we lost easily from servers we were beating just the weeks before.

Last matchups this feeling of being focused is less and less there , which (alongside other reasons) has lead in my opinion to more even battles.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

Oh Steelo…did we whine because we had only garrison and the north towers most of the time on sunday in our home land? May i remind you why you got it? Because you had a better coverage at that time ergo did more PvD. Im seeing you doing nothing but whining in here, which is pathetic since everyone who plays wvw knows that it is at least 50% about NUMBERS and COVERAGE.
We on RoS adapted to that and try to push till late night to have the coverage or the early morning.
There is really no point at all in whining about “nightcapping” it just showes that youre a sore looser ( not looser of the actual matchup but of the points you “miss” in your opinion).
If youre weak at some time you get picked up thats only fair and square since if you cant defend your stuff at night you dont deserve to have it.

This is MY opinion feel free to disagree with me you cant change my mind anyways.

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

in Match-ups

Posted by: Samoleth.5012

Samoleth.5012

Actually wrong. I never wanted Xaoc to join GH and wasn’t happy when we got the boost in PvD players, Made nightime a PvD zerg that map hopped constantly and was overall very boring to play. I never understood why you transfered this far down when it was clear you would only be fighting doors and would leave once we got into a tier where you had actual players to fight.

I’m sure there are people from GH who did want you here, But to say we was all fine with it would be wrong.

Agree, same feeling.
Wasn’t Xaoc that was yelling “don’t go wvw” back in the days?

Oh Steelo…did we whine because we had only garrison and the north towers most of the time on sunday in our home land? May i remind you why you got it? Because you had a better coverage at that time ergo did more PvD. Im seeing you doing nothing but whining in here, which is pathetic since everyone who plays wvw knows that it is at least 50% about NUMBERS and COVERAGE.
We on RoS adapted to that and try to push till late night to have the coverage or the early morning.
There is really no point at all in whining about “nightcapping” it just showes that youre a sore looser ( not looser of the actual matchup but of the points you “miss” in your opinion).
If youre weak at some time you get picked up thats only fair and square since if you cant defend your stuff at night you dont deserve to have it.

This is MY opinion feel free to disagree with me you cant change my mind anyways.

Uhm, i think you didn’t get the point.
From what i understand, Steelo is complaining about FRS guild nightcapping GH border, not general nightcapping.
About night peeps i agree with Hyung: if you have them, make use of them.

Anyway, looking forward to the end of this matchup to have some GvG and duels, with RoS and MS (hopefully).

a random derpling

(edited by Samoleth.5012)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ray.2640

Ray.2640

How cute, GH talking about being focussed.
Also the rivalry between GH and RoS from a much longer time ago.

About millers, I agree they’re better then most of the large zerg-servers. Also the dedication they put into keeping their BL clean is astounding. They had more people literally sitting in a supply camp for hours to defend it then we had in EB during all this time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

While Steelo did go a bit overboard on wording, everyone but Zorainda missed the point – it’s not about any kind of GH vs RoS feud, not all of RoS, so don’t try to mix yourselves into it.

I have two in MM, both active :p

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

I have two in MM, both active :p

\o/

I love Australia in general so this makes me pretty happy. Will keep an eye out for them

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

By the sounds of Anet last blogpost they are going to do something about nightcapping, which is long overdue. WvW should be about beating players to take keeps, not doors.

In the meantime if servers like Surmia want to carry on relying on it, then you only set yourself up to suffer on weekends and at primetime and have no grounds to complain when that happens.

in Match-ups

Ray.2640

We’ve had zero to no night activity for 6 months, I think we managed to deal with it just fine. At least now we won’t have to worry about all our keeps being gone every single morning in any semi-competitive matchup.
And about beating players to take a keep, they killed that with the AC patch. Not only that but if you look closely to what has been happening in EB for the past 3 days you’ll realize the hypocrisy in that statement.
IMO strategy should play a much larger role in WvW then it currently does. Tactics and manpower, including the difference in skill, should come 2nd.

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

We’ve had zero to no night activity for 6 months, I think we managed to deal with it just fine. At least now we won’t have to worry about all our keeps being gone every single morning in any semi-competitive matchup.
And about beating players to take a keep, they killed that with the AC patch. Not only that but if you look closely to what has been happening in EB for the past 3 days you’ll realize the hypocrisy in that statement.
IMO strategy should play a much larger role in WvW then it currently does. Tactics and manpower, including the difference in skill, should come 2nd.

Well that’s exactly what the AC patch has introduced. An increase in strategy required to take a keep rather than just kitten the door down with 60 people which is what was happening prepatch.

in Match-ups

Ray.2640

That’s not strategy, and good luck devising any tactical approach to take a keep that’s being defended by 10 experienced players without having at least 60 yourself now.

What they should do is make the maps at least 10 times as big, so zergs cannot just run around and get anywhere they’re needed in time.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cradorell.3941

Cradorell.3941

In all honesty RiOT would like to stay out of this feud, we have played on MS bl for two nights, we would happily change if you would have us

Óne Pulse – OP – Raid Leader

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

In all honesty RiOT would like to stay out of this feud, we have played on MS bl for two nights, we would happily change if you would have us

I admire this attitude. See you in game!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

i joined Xaoc on gunnars hold cuz i am a night player and they played in night, remember i played on GH from launch and i was there till we transfered to RoS i am not a server hopper

and RoS have a awesome nightcapping event i love this server and about Xaoc we are not Xaoc, we are [FRS] we have only a few Xaoc players, we started here with a few ppl… and ppl who play in night they want to be in a night guild, our guild is strong and important in the night deal with it

Thats lovely, i never complained about nightcapping and stuff so i’m not sure why i need to “Deal with it.” I’m fully aware that it is part of the game and have never said otherwise. The reason i said Xaoc and not FRS is because you said nobody had a problem with the nightcapping on GH which was incorrect. I can’t say “I had a problem with FRS nightcapping” because it was never FRS on GH. As you said yourself many people have left and probably many new ones joined.

and crap talking about pvd bla bla, we have awesome fights in the night….

like i said, deal with it and lose some ego stuff on gh, always complaining about the stuff… have fun and play….

When you was on GH it was PvD, I never said anything about now, Feel free to go and re-read what i wrote. I haven’t complained once in this thread, infact that was my first post so i’m not sure how i’m “Always complaining”

I do not speak for GH and other people on GH do not speak for me. You have people who complain about stuff on your server too buddy.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

(edited by x Charlie.4820)

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

That’s not strategy, and good luck devising any tactical approach to take a keep that’s being defended by 10 experienced players without having at least 60 yourself now.

Of course it is. And we have done many times. Sieges just take much longer now relying on draining supply and clearing enemy siege.
For me long sieges are the best part of the game (and no im not talking about standing on one spot trebbing for hours). Frankly the old karma train meta of run up to gate drop 3 rams and stand in hale of arrows and kitten got very old very quickly.
since the ac patch ive found a whole host of new places to put siege that i didnt know before

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sajuuk.6420

Sajuuk.6420

@Jimmy JimBob

The only issue with ACs now is the range the maps were not desided for ACs to have such range so now you can pretty much AC any tower if u have the high ground… a good example is Overlook.. you can AC the crap out of Ogrewatch and veloka from there :P good luck defending them two towers if u dont hold Overlook =D

The Angry Commander

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

most upscaleds and not so tanky people die to 1 superior arrow cart… its not fine, its bullkitten and there have been huge complain threads just like about nightcapping, which got locked away and hidden by Anet which seems their strategy on communication – if we dont like, you dont see it. At least they will nerf the range, but the damage vs players is still ridiculous, making them a part of every large scaled zerg fight now +200% difficulty taking anything without abusing bugs like mesmer 1 or AC zoom.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Better matchup than last week. Had an enjoyable reset with 9 of my guildies. We had fun fighting some opposing guild groups. MS seems to have a huge camping force in their bl but that’s fine and the fact that you don’t start arrowcarting a group of 4 people is relieving
To any of the GvG requests: we can do 10v10 max. Deal with it! Maybe you’ll have to involve a little skill on the side but I guess you could manage
Thanks to all the MS rangers splitting off the zerg to pew pew at my newest lvl80 ele. You lootbags make up for the money I spent on leveling also I never knew you could have 3 binding roots on you at once
Have fun and cya in game

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

MS seems to have a huge camping force in their bl but that’s fine and the fact that you don’t start arrowcarting a group of 4 people is relieving

I got arrowcarted 3 times yesterday running solo in MS! /salute to the MS defensive force though, boring job but you do it well.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Match-ups

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

MS seems to have a huge camping force in their bl but that’s fine and the fact that you don’t start arrowcarting a group of 4 people is relieving

I got arrowcarted 3 times yesterday running solo in MS! /salute to the MS defensive force though, boring job but you do it well.

Arrowcarted 3 times is nothing like roaming against RS knowing there will be at least 6 arrowcarts aimed at you at any given point of time.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

I feel a bot honored that 10ish PRXM and 2 FURY had to stop and stack might for the 3 FIRE mesmers that were charging them xD made me giggle :P

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

btw awesome fights at astral yesterday, a bit more even and we could have continued for hours (MS OP with 3 guilds, one of them Mya in force) and FIRE that was really evil – taunting us left side with vcy and then rushing our trebs from other side. well played.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

I feel a bot honored that 10ish PRXM and 2 FURY had to stop and stack might for the 3 FIRE mesmers that were charging them xD made me giggle :P

You should be honored, you looked so fearsome there was no way we were going to hit you without might. Just wished we had time to stack some retal as well.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

@Runty Choir some of your guardians had retal aswell :‘( think I saw some fury at someone aswell! :’(

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

@Runty Choir some of your guardians had retal aswell :‘( think I saw some fury at someone aswell! :’(

Only on some? This isnt acceptable. When fighting forces 1/4 our size everyone should have Fury and Retal standard. Thx for pointing this out.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

Thanks for the great fun on RoS bl today! DEX had really great fights there
Were really grateful for all the Lootbags from MS :P you just keept coming back.

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pyranna.2054

Pyranna.2054

Had lotsa fun fights on GH border tonight against AN, QQ, dC and others i can’t remember. Thanks for the fights!

Kharz Halfheart – Necro
The Soul Slayers [SLAY]
FarShiver Peaks

in Match-ups

Posted by: Falx.8427

Falx.8427

I like MS’ night capping against GH, and their kindness towards RoS. How can GH lead over RoS when RoS is dancing on roses with MS on their side?

Amplified Wrath [AmP]
Badmash [bM]
Furious Cookies [FURY]

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

I like MS’ night capping against GH, and their kindness towards RoS. How can GH lead over RoS when RoS is dancing on roses with MS on their side?

Stop blaming others for your weakness, baddie.

We can hold our ground pretty well against MS at night/morning, deal with it.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Ray.2640

We hardly ticked higher than 130 during the weekend, when GH was dancing on roses with MS on their side.
About invading MS BL; I tried flipping some camps, encountered 5 players with superior siege in each one.
They’re insanely well defended and it would be foolish to waste resources into attacking them with all the enemies wreaking havoc in our border.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nirx.7346

nirx.7346

If you are looking for fun, points doesn’t matter at all.
If you are interested in points, Gunnars Hold is the winner. They will earn around 30 points at the end of this matchup. Ruins of Surmia is the first looser, gaining 6 points and we are the big looser, minus 31 points, according to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups.

Nirsary Eiswolf
[Wotans Kinder] auf Millersund [DE]

Nirsary Eiswolf
[Wotans Kinder] auf Millersund (DE)

(edited by nirx.7346)

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Umpire.9510

The Umpire.9510

LOLOLOLOL

we had many MS on our border but we defended realy good they only took lake….
so they left… and came back many times….

we lost not 1 keep in our homeborder…

we had scouts in all towers all night long so we focused on gunnars border ofc because i am 2 faced stikko… and we had the ppl to follow 2 faced stikko….

also gunnars hold good luck to get the border upgraded again

~2 faced stikko

Raidleader stikkomaniacs
Guild: SFRJ
Server: FSP

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

About invading MS BL; I tried flipping some camps, encountered 5 players with superior siege in each one.
They’re insanely well defended and it would be foolish to waste resources into attacking them with all the enemies wreaking havoc in our border.

I’ve been roaming at MS bl for last few days whenever I’ve played, flippin’ camps and ganking dollies. The camps can be capped if they aren’t fully upgraded and you’re quick about it. But TBH MS bl is pretty boring most of the times.

BTW, I’ve seen 2 GH players in MS bl in past 2 days. So it’s not like GH is actively going after them either. I think the reason why most people choose GH bl over MS, is because GH gives good fights.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Steelo.4597

its really hard to go after MS when RoS is sitting in our BL all day uprading our keeps and pulling their men in.. and focusing us in EB like hell. we need a qeueu in our BL just to stop millers and we need a queue in EB not to lose our keep against doubleteaming. thats why i got so mad… it was clear its going to be like this all week and nobody will ever challenge millers anymore. the only time millers was challenged was on reset by gunnars. this is boring for us now because we can only defend, i expect less players to show up during next days for GH. but yeah knew it was gonna be like this before the match even started because of how RoS are happy with trying to beat us and dont care about anything else, not even their own rating.

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lord Haw Haw.2648

Lord Haw Haw.2648

Hi Steelo,

A message from our beloved Elnor:

“Maybe should’ve been less oportunistic on reset and weekend on our bl ? It’s coming back to bite you in the kitten now isn’t it.”

Thanks!

Just call me Purple….

in Match-ups

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Hi Steelo,

A message from our beloved Elnor:

“Maybe should’ve been less oportunistic on reset and weekend on our bl ? It’s coming back to bite you in the kitten now isn’t it.”

Thanks!

More pearls of wisdom from him… he does know that RoS bl was the only one without a queue on reset right? I also fail to see how us taking Bay in RoS bl has anything to do with us not having any numbers now?

Anyway seems our numbers are hit pretty bad this week for whatever reason. And it’s only going to get worse with the new pve content sucking all our PvXers away.
Due to this fact I declare this matchup null and void.