http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf39-6qdhe4

Once you stop caring about points, the game is a lot more fun

Gunnars Hold
Furious Cookies[FURY]

7/6/13: GH-MS-RoS

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lord Haw Haw.2648

Lord Haw Haw.2648

Shameful matchup thread. Wind the necks in please people. Less troll food, more fight reports.

To be honest reading things to the effect of:

Good Job [SERVER NAME HERE] for the fight at [LOCATION NAME HERE]

throughout a forum thread is boring let us have fun being controversial and silly.

The constant need to have a “clean” thread drives me insane, reading what other people think is interesting, infuriating and fun. If you cannot handle a little difference perhaps you should just write yourself a series of:

and then read them to yourself and have heaps of fun doing that.

Thanks!

Just call me Purple….

in Match-ups

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

Once you stop caring about points, the game is a lot more fun

<3

Exactly this. The best bits of WvW are all epic moments, not epic PPT.

Very much looking forward to a fine evening of WvW tonight

throughout a forum thread is boring let us have fun being controversial and silly.

Despite (mostly) striving to be polite and getting annoyed when things descend into madness I actually agree with this too.

I think there’s a third way which is finding out what the other servers think about the matchup, chatting WvW and gently teasing your enemies without being offensive that strikes a nice middle ground between “OMG U HAVE AN ALLIANCE STOP BLOBBING I HATE EVERYTHING” and “You are lovely and thanks for dying at Ogrewatch”.

Hard to find but sometimes at the end of a matchup thread we actually hit that sweet spot for a while. Feel free to disagree :p

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

(edited by Hyung.6140)

in Match-ups

Lord Haw Haw.2648

I think there’s a third way which is finding out what the other servers think about the matchup, chatting WvW and gently teasing your enemies without being offensive that strikes a nice middle ground between “OMG U HAVE AN ALLIANCE STOP BLOBBING I HATE EVERYTHING” and “You are lovely and thanks for dying at Ogrewatch”.

Hard to find but sometimes at the end of a matchup thread we actually hit that sweet spot for a while. Feel free to disagree :p

Yes it would be nice in regards to what you say in your post. With the volatility in the match-ups it is hard to reach this consistently and form relationships with other players on the different servers.

Side note: It is interesting coming from a low tier server where we never had the terminology ‘blob’ and ‘blobbing’ to suddenly see it appear everywhere and be used frequently on my own server. Before this it was just called zerjing no matter the size (which was not very big in the early days of RoS).

Without forming large groups of random players dedicated to wvw or casuals RoS would have never left tier 9. I can understand the frustration that can come from fighting against a large number of enemy players. When RoS first fought arborstone who sported 3-4 times our numbers we never used the term blobbing. We were summarily beaten of course but the fights that came from that were some of the scariest (I being a mesmer had to run through 30-40 arborstone to drop a portal SEVERAL TIMES kitten YOU ANGRY COMMANDER) and most enjoyable.

I suppose my point is that, I personally would never accuse a server of blobbing or blame the loss on blobbing (Another scary story was commanding on my necro when AS derped down watergate without golems at lowlands and I had 40+ AS wandering around my keep for 30 minutes). It is a thing that comes with this game which brings both highs and lows for people on either side…

…but a ‘blob’ will always be a zerj for me.

P.S. the j is an inside joke :P)

Just call me Purple….

(edited by Lord Haw Haw.2648)

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Before this it was just called zerjing no matter the size (which was not very big in the early days of RoS).

Yeah, same, I still refer to any group bigger than the group I’m currently running with (which often isn’t many at all) as a “zerg” and have never used the word blob except on forums when people are discussing it reasonably GOING BUCK WILD ON THE SUBJECT.

Possibly this is a relic from my (very enjoyable) time on RoS!

kitten YOU ANGRY COMMANDER

lol azs <3

it is hard to … form relationships with other players on the different servers.

Let’s start a GW2 Lonely Hearts club!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

I definitely don’t want RoS and GH to friends. The rivalry between us is something I don’t recall having with any other server. Like Finland and Sweden in hockey.(To us finns it doesn’t really matter who wins, as long as we can beat Sweden)
However, there should be mutual respect between the servers. I don’t mind comments and “spiking” like “LOL thanks for all the lootbags at Bay, I almost had to take that fight seriously”

But, even though I shouldn’t, I do mind when the few heroes from GH start blaming us about their weak performance as excuses. There’s bad behavior from RoS too at times, but obviously I don’t really care about it that much, since it’s not pointed at me/us.

2nd place is still open, and I expect some fighting over it!
Unless ofc… idk… you’ve given up already? :evilface:

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Lord Haw Haw.2648

Let’s start a GW2 Lonely Hearts club!

Unfortunately my heart is already taken by a roguish thief with a beard and purple sword in GoA <3 my love (swoons).

Also paraphrasing my words lol you naughty person :P

Just call me Purple….

(edited by Lord Haw Haw.2648)

in Match-ups

Posted by: egalon.1702

egalon.1702

Hiho,
RoS and GH… seems like you are realy loving each other
Nice fights this week, we are a new guild and do our best to give some good fights^^ But there are too much FURY, FAME and other really good guilds, so we have to learn and get more people.
We will see which server we get next week, hoping for good ones.
[Pony] Egalon

Egalon
[void] No Content
Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

The PvE patch completely destroyed our presence in wvw. In heart GH is a PvE server still…

I have been trying to convince my guildies that Surmians and Millers are actually moving dragon pinatas but I don’t think they believe me.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in Match-ups

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

Y maybe its due to the fact that unlike dragon pinantas we hit back so they found out quickly that you tried to deceive them!

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

Because no one cares. It’s WvW and you’re supposed to kill players with red name.

Could you forward that to the RiOT ele who joined one of our guild parties on reset night to complain “15v1 noobs”. We had 7 people together en route to a camp and caught him trying to kill a lowbie, so naturally we stopped him. When one of our guys tried to tell him it’s WvW he said “World v one more like losers” or something similar.

I can’t make any comment on matchup as I’ve barely been on other than reset, but reading the thread it looks like same old stuff. Vendetta’s, kittening, My guilds bigger than your guild, etc etc.

Will attempt to venture forth tonight in search of 4v4/5v5’s.

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

Because no one cares. It’s WvW and you’re supposed to kill players with red name.

Could you forward that to the RiOT ele who joined one of our guild parties on reset night to complain “15v1 noobs”. We had 7 people together en route to a camp and caught him trying to kill a lowbie, so naturally we stopped him. When one of our guys tried to tell him it’s WvW he said “World v one more like losers” or something similar…

…Will attempt to venture forth tonight in search of 4v4/5v5’s.

I could. But I won’t.
Because I don’t care and I’m not responsible for my guildmate’s losing their cool!

Good luck with the fights.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Neandramathal.9536

Neandramathal.9536

I could. But I won’t.
Because I don’t care and I’m not responsible for my guildmate’s losing their cool!

Good luck with the fights.

Now THAT’s a fitting response Not often that people don’t make one rule for themselves and another for everyone else. I agree with you, sure there are people I won’t attack but I won’t get arsey about others doing so – if it’s red it’s dead.

Windmill seems empty atm, guess I’ll go back to World of Tanks if nothings happening :P

[GoV] Gnomes of Vabbi || [Imp] Impact
Currently @ Piken Square
Small scale unimpressive videos of unimpressiveness: http://www.youtube.com/neandramathal

(edited by Neandramathal.9536)

in Match-ups

Posted by: kribre.9683

kribre.9683

Thanks to SOE for the GvG yesterday and QQ for the GvG today!

Tripilios
[VII] – Seventh Legion – retired
[Dius] – Semper Dius – Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

Nice try gunnars nice try :P how many omegas do you have?

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

/bow to the Dex commander that camped my corpse in RoS bay water for 10 mins.. took some patience!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in Match-ups

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Enough to have taken your whole map but the garrison which is still being trebbed at the moment.
And even more omegas in my pocket, not to mention extra alphas.

Decided to show GH we can stop whining and man up in a coordinated server-wide event with MM golems and commanders. Great fun has been had, lootbags have been farmed and points have been taken. 4,5k to go

in Match-ups

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

Enough to have taken your whole map but the garrison which is still being trebbed at the moment.
And even more omegas in my pocket, not to mention extra alphas.

Decided to show GH we can stop whining and man up in a coordinated server-wide event with MM golems and commanders. Great fun has been had, lootbags have been farmed and points have been taken. 4,5k to go

Well done i suppose?
It was funny you couldn’t even take bay though with your whole server there. And a group of 10 VcY 20-25 Riot and about 15 dex, And managed to fail and get pushed back to your spawn, without even taking the inner down.

Enjoy your night capping, Get those doors!

As for VcY we’ve been taking a break from WvW and enjoying summer, Hopefully we will be back doing wvw serouisly and gvg soon.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Well done i suppose?
It was funny you couldn’t even take bay though with your whole server there. And a group of 10 VcY 20-25 Riot and about 15 dex, And managed to fail and get pushed back to your spawn, without even taking the inner down.

Eh?! We took bay after several pushes burning your supply at both bay and hills, and in bay there was a several minute long fight as your whole group waypointed in. It certainly wasn’t PvD.

And as someone still running in your bl right now, it’s not PvD now either – you guys have some groups still running and making things hard.

It’s just gone midnight so primetime ending now, but it’s been a fun and tough night.

Think you guys are still pretty certain to win but it’s nice it’ll be close-ish going into the final day.

Night!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: ethier.3417

ethier.3417

Well done i suppose?

Eh?! We took bay after several pushes burning your supply at both bay and hills, and in bay there was a several minute long fight as your whole group waypointed in. It certainly wasn’t PvD.

And as someone still running in your bl right now, it’s not PvD now either – you guys have some groups still running and making things hard.

It’s just gone midnight so primetime ending now, but it’s been a fun and tough night.

Think you guys are still pretty certain to win but it’s nice it’ll be close-ish going into the final day.

Night!

Ah well, We stopped at 11pm CET. I was on about your first push with those 5 omegas and what seemed like your whole server.

Ethier 80 Necro Callous Philosophy [LaG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Was a lot of Millers in Gunnars BL this evening, huge group at cliffside for ages. Then good battles all over the map once that got dispersed.

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Ah well, We stopped at 11pm CET. I was on about your first push with those 5 omegas and what seemed like your whole server.

Yeah you guys put up a SOLID defence that time. Was just a death trap running into inner.

Luckily we saved most of the golems, and then just ran round without them trying to burn supply (even ramming our way OUT of bay at one point :p) until we figured it was safe to try them again.

We even tried co-ordinating our attacks with attacks on your keep in EB to keep you distracted on your bl, not sure how well that worked (as it depends on you guys communicating cross map) but it felt useful!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

drkn.3429

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5710/gw237.jpg
You know nothing, Jon Snow.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

Hey RioT thief that tried to shank me? Don’t run off before you finished the job. Seriously. My lowbie mes was on the ground, you could have stomped her…But you didn’t. So thank you.

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esufer.8762

Esufer.8762

Thank you to the RoS randoms that I got to test Snow Leopard form on tonight, your participation has furthered my ventures into Norn fringe science greatly.

shikinami yayoi: herald – judge legends [JDGE]

in Match-ups

Lord Haw Haw.2648

Thank you to the RoS randoms that I got to test Snow Leopard form on tonight, your participation has furthered my ventures into Norn fringe science greatly.

Think it was the last match up but I was fighting a norn something at the sentry near klovan and it saw people from behind me and used its elite. The next second it was a bear and was basically at SM gate 2 seconds after that. I just went o.O!

Just call me Purple….

in Match-ups

drkn.3429

Oh boy. You really know nothing
I was veeery reluctant to give into the myth of ‘RoS nightcapping’… until i saw it with my own eyes just now. Notice the timestamp on the map, our outmanned icon on our own map, and your numbers:
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9993/v7ur.jpg

RoS nightcapping is not a myth!

e: my bad, the icon just gone off before me taking this screen, but it was there, it really was! :p

(edited by drkn.3429)

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

Oh boy. You really know nothing
I was veeery reluctant to give into the myth of ‘RoS nightcapping’… until i saw it with my own eyes just now. Notice the timestamp on the map, our outmanned icon on our own map, and your numbers:

e: my bad, the icon just gone off before me taking this screen, but it was there, it really was! :p

Yea yea, sure it was.
You should thank us for taking your Garri, would you rather let ze germans have it?!
And how dare you accuse us of nigtcapping after what you did tonight?
Anyways, good fights at RoS BL. I got on a bit late and wasn’t at Bay/hills fights. Shame we couldn’t match GH’s numbers, but we fought like (little) men trying to defend ours!

P.S. We totally weren’t ticking 0 at one point.

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: yroeht.5843

yroeht.5843

The screenshot actually shows Miller’s Sound golems.

Necromancer – Xexa The Machine [RiOT] | Ruins of Surmia
http://www.thecivilrebels.com

(edited by yroeht.5843)

in Match-ups

drkn.3429

@Noss:
Of course i’d rather give my stuff to MS. And take yours myself :>
It was the gambit i tried to play in EB earlier, but MS preferred to siege Veloka – a t3, sieged up and defended tower, rather than any of the RoS towers, while all were paper. Dracarti from MS was actually quite descriptive why
Anyway, i wouldn’t compare an organised all-server event with omega golems and stuff, taking place between 10pm and perhaps 1am, to what Stikko has been doing now with all those golems, at 4am

@yroeht:
Actually both MS and RoS golems – there was one MS and two+ RoS. Ask Stikko :p
But there’s actually something else, much more interesting, that puts the whole matchup into another context – nightcapping ain’t relevant anymore

(edited by drkn.3429)

in Match-ups

Posted by: The Umpire.9510

The Umpire.9510

had great fights this evening in ros border against GH we lost all we had, but we had a lot of fun we took it all back during the night hope the nightcrappers safed ros from being 3 today….

it was a cool week…. wish you all luck next week…. prolly we meet again

RoS ppl also did a lot dragon stuff btw but who cares….

time to get some sleep guys

~2 faced stikko

Raidleader stikkomaniacs
Guild: SFRJ
Server: FSP

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Just wanted to share with GH after your server event with the omegas…

Attachments:

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

(edited by Nymph of Meliai.6739)

in Match-ups

drkn.3429

Nah – that’s 3h after the peak of the event. I mean, even you can’t ignore the timestamp in your own screenshot.
This is the result of our event, for those who missed it, down below.

Cheers from the cross-map commander and omega forger

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Nymph of Meliai.6739

you know if we ever find ourselves in this kind of match up again… we should call a truce on our own rivalry and join forces against the superior numbered server (aka Miller).

They are after all only in the lead because of numbers and the fact that we (RoS) and you (GH) have been focusing each other all week.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS

in Match-ups

drkn.3429

That’s one, and actually makes a bit of sense. The other thing is that they’re the more populated server and they’ve been quite carefully picking their targets to lose the least server ranking points – what a kind MS commander happened to tell me. While there’s no alliance going on between anyone, we are not paranoid about being focused – simply because of how the rankings work, MS does not want GH to come second, and it’s reflected in this night’s map share, or MS banging their heads against t3 and defended Veloka rather than going for wooden RoS EB corner.
I am not saying this with any kind of bitterness or whining, don’t get me wrong, but it does put the whole matchup into a different context, and operating from that perspective we might have made different decisions on the way. In a nutshell:

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

we should call a truce on our own rivalry and join forces against the superior numbered server (aka Miller).

No

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in Match-ups

Posted by: nirx.7346

nirx.7346

Nice fights at Gunnars BL yesterday evening. You fougth well, Gunnars – thanks.

Was a lot of Millers in Gunnars BL this evening, huge group at cliffside for ages. Then good battles all over the map once that got dispersed.

I hope you enjouyed our little mousetrap. It was much more interesting after you opend the wall.

Good luck for your next matchup to both, Gunnars Hold and Ruins of Surmia.

Nirsary Eiswolf
[Wotans Kinder] auf Millersund (DE)

Nirsary Eiswolf
[Wotans Kinder] auf Millersund (DE)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

this week amazingly has 3 losers

MS lost the most ranking.
Surmia gain less ranking then Gunnars.
Gunnars didnt come 2nd.

we all kitten ed now! but well those screenshots tell the story of the matchup – see us ticking at 430 holding MS back with our left hand while mashing Surmia with our right and. Stikkos screen: Feeding MS by doubleteaming on GH Story of the matchup since monday. Nymph: If you dont want us to focus each other – show it to us. We have seen nice pushes from Surmia onto MS – but only after they were ticking higher then us after focusing on us for 3 days. I think to end the rivalry we need a bit more then that :P Since we come out on top at reset because we have huge numbers (i think we even beat millers on reset?) you need to drop that 2nd place ambition in favour of getting rating or it will end up like this every time because you focus us to get back 2nd during our weak hours and onto primetime from there (and we react to that by focusing on surmia of course!). i dont want to propose beating MS to crap with an alliance, but simply stop focusing each other in favour of equal ticks to all 3 would have probably put both of our servers in front of underworld, or at least Surmian Server, Gunnars need a bit too much ranking i think. So it was a really easy week and still MS lose ranking, i think this week could have turned out very very different if not for our beloved rivalry. Also, Stonemist.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

Ah… pity MS don’t quite get how the rankings work or we might have had a really close dramatic final day!

Oh well. Was a good night anyway.

Massive congrats to Surmia on a well-deserved and hard-fought second place.

Grats to MS on coasting to your win. You guys are fun to fight against, especially compared to -shudder- Riverside.

Good luck to all whoever you are matched against next.

Surmia – as the server apparently closest to our strength I’m sure we’ll meet again soon!

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Shameful matchup thread. Wind the necks in please people. Less troll food, more fight reports.

The constant need to have a “clean” thread drives me insane, reading what other people think is interesting, infuriating and fun. If you cannot handle a little difference perhaps you should just write yourself a series of:

and then read them to yourself and have heaps of fun doing that.

Thanks!

Up to a point, yes. Several pages of kitty litter is tedious and just as repetitive as what you are complaining about. If you like whining, go be an agony aunt somewhere.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in Match-ups

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Congratulations to every group that didn’t run from us last night! Sadly that MS zerg decided to keep to their siege at ruins while you also had 2 guild groups with you that could’ve engaged. Had fun running over some groups on RoS border including half of the afore mentioned blob when they decided to go for a supply run.
The 4 BCry roamers thank you for the fights!

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Was an amazing push from us last night. RoS bl was heavily fortified with a large number of defenders but we got there in the end. Lot’s of fun from our point of view, and I’m sure RoS enjoyed wiping us inside Bay and Hills before we could eventually cap them.

Logged off at about 1.30 after the satisfying experience of getting RoS ticking zero, despite the last 50 ppt or so being PvD. We were <1k behind at that point but alas woke up to find Millers EB lot had decided we weren’t allowed 2nd place

No matter we did ourselves proud and RoS put up a great fight this week capitalising fully on our weaknesses so well deserved 2nd place.
Grats on Millers too for the inevitable stroll to victory.

Who knows, next time we face RoS we may get favourable 3rd server who’ll let us give you guys a real run for your money

in Match-ups

Posted by: Esufer.8762

Esufer.8762

Think it was the last match up but I was fighting a norn something at the sentry near klovan and it saw people from behind me and used its elite. The next second it was a bear and was basically at SM gate 2 seconds after that. I just went o.O!

Possibly me. I was using my bear form in EB the other night to charge + throw people. Started using snow leopard though as you can move while attacking, yay!

shikinami yayoi: herald – judge legends [JDGE]

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

I think it’s safe to say the match is over. I expected a bit more from this match, but I guess the GH-RoS-Dz times are over. But still lots of fun.

Good job RoS. Looks like our morale can’t be broken.
I didn’t play friday/saturday, but what it looked like we were getting beaten up pretty badly.
I logged in at sunday evening to help getting our stuff back. Instead of whining and worn out bunch, I found well motivated peeps at our BL, all willing to do the dirty job of upgrading and escorting dollies.
Same thing last night when we lost all our stuff. Instead of logging off, we laughed at the situation and just started somewhere our way back up.
Good job Verx and Stikko The Two Faced Maniac on commanding last night.

Anyways, thanks for fights GH and MS. Good luck to your next matchup!

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Nymph of Meliai.6739

this week amazingly has 3 losers

MS lost the most ranking.
Surmia gain less ranking then Gunnars.
Gunnars didnt come 2nd.

we all kitten ed now! but well those screenshots tell the story of the matchup – see us ticking at 430 holding MS back with our left hand while mashing Surmia with our right and. Stikkos screen: Feeding MS by doubleteaming on GH Story of the matchup since monday. Nymph: If you dont want us to focus each other – show it to us. We have seen nice pushes from Surmia onto MS – but only after they were ticking higher then us after focusing on us for 3 days. I think to end the rivalry we need a bit more then that :P Since we come out on top at reset because we have huge numbers (i think we even beat millers on reset?) you need to drop that 2nd place ambition in favour of getting rating or it will end up like this every time because you focus us to get back 2nd during our weak hours and onto primetime from there (and we react to that by focusing on surmia of course!). i dont want to propose beating MS to crap with an alliance, but simply stop focusing each other in favour of equal ticks to all 3 would have probably put both of our servers in front of underworld, or at least Surmian Server, Gunnars need a bit too much ranking i think. So it was a really easy week and still MS lose ranking, i think this week could have turned out very very different if not for our beloved rivalry. Also, Stonemist.

It has nothing to do with wanting to come 2nd… we focus each other because we hate each other… it is that simple.

I hold my hands up and admit it… I have walked right past MS small groups and individuals on my way to target the sole red camp on MS bl. … when we were fighting UW and FR… I never would have done that.

I have attacked MS but only after making sure GH were out of the picture first. My priority has been GH all week. Regulars to this forum will know exactly why we have this intense rivalry (largely in part to my forum warrior posts).

Plus, do not for one second think that the reverse has not been true… GH have specifically targeted RoS since the reset. We are the lower, low populated tier equivalent of the SFR vs VS rivalry (except that GH actually have a lot more skill than VS). We are both guilty as charged of purposely targeting each other.

However, what we need to do is turn our blatant hatred of each other into a more productive sibling rivalry. Siblings fight each other like cat and dog but when a bigger bully comes from outside, they unite to defeat them. But once, the bully has been put down they turn back to their fierce rivalry.

I am quite happy to keep targeting GH each time we find ourselves together in a match up. But it might be more productive for both servers and offer more sport for the bigger server if we at least spend a bit of time double tagging the larger server instead of 80-100% against each other.

I mean no offense to MS here… we have both attacked MS at times but only after we have come close to or completely wiped each other. I think MS have the intelligence to realise they have had it pretty easy in this match up partially because of the GH vs RoS intense rivalry.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS

in Match-ups

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Was an amazing push from us last night. RoS bl was heavily fortified with a large number of defenders but we got there in the end. Lot’s of fun from our point of view, and I’m sure RoS enjoyed wiping us inside Bay and Hills before we could eventually cap them.

Logged off at about 1.30 after the satisfying experience of getting RoS ticking zero, despite the last 50 ppt or so being PvD. We were <1k behind at that point but alas woke up to find Millers EB lot had decided we weren’t allowed 2nd place

No matter we did ourselves proud and RoS put up a great fight this week capitalising fully on our weaknesses so well deserved 2nd place.
Grats on Millers too for the inevitable stroll to victory.

Who knows, next time we face RoS we may get favourable 3rd server who’ll let us give you guys a real run for your money

In all fairness… MS attacked GH bl last night after we had turned it all blue because everything had paper doors. They took the bl from RoS not GH. They took RoS bl hills just before the upgrade came to an end but ignored the rest of the bl because everything had reached t2.

Nymeria Meliae | SoS

in Match-ups

Hyung.6140

It has nothing to do with wanting to come 2nd… we focus each other because we hate each other… it is that simple.

To be honest, my experience of this matchup has been in a few phases:

First few days, we didn’t give a second thought to Surmia. We just hit everyone as hard as could and came out of the weekend with RoS in a distant third and a little private whispering that maybe we could push Millers for an utterly surprising win.

Next few days we get nightcapped into oblivion and get pushed into our own distant third. We don’t bother targeting anyone as we’re not in a position to do so – we just try and get as many points as we can and rebuild our shattered keeps.

Towards the end of the week we’ve somehow kept the gap close so we decide to go all out to see if it’s possible to close it. We co-ordinate across all four maps to keep Millers busy and to distract RoS as much as possible while we go wild in their borderlands. After a few wipes it’s very successful, we nearly catch up, but Millers then decide to crush us into oblivion again because they think they lose more points if we’re second (they don’t ofc, but I can see why they’d think so).

From our end there’s been very little ‘hatred’ compared to previous matchups with RoS where our private forums and mapchat have been full of RoS talk.

Would be interesting if you’d guested with us this week (on a fictional WvW guesting system :p) so you could see it from our end, it doesn’t quite tally with your interpretation of what we’ve been doing I’m not trying to make any kind of point here or say you’re wrong, just telling you how it felt from our side!

Anyway, for all that waffling I broadly agree with you that we could have much more interesting matchups if it’s us two and a “bigger boy” – us little siblings could beat up the bigger boy for a bit and see if we get a closer matchup out of it.

To be clear: I would never countenance a formal alliance but I’ve always thought WvW would be more interesting if the two smaller servers concentrated more on the tougher threat.

Either way glad we all seemed to have a good time. Already excited to see what the next matchup will be…

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold

in Match-ups

Noss.4105

Either way glad we all seemed to have a good time. Already excited to see what the next matchup will be…

It will be Fort Ranik – RoS – GH. It most certainly will!

Let’s get em frenchies!

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Match-ups

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

well in all fairness what ive seen this week:

surmia clearing our defensive siege with no perspective to take keep while miller trebbing us from the back looking to take it.
surmia taking veloka with millers watching from north gate overlook (without attacking it) with a much larger zerg.
millers golems in a surmia zerg attacking our garrison.
surmia waiting patiently at ogres for about an hour or two untill millers attacks our keep, then heading right to ogrewatch.

thats just a few episodes while i was online, im sure there were many more. its weird because i still think we are the strongest server of RoS Dzag GH and every week against Surmia we find ourselves losing being badly doubleteamed while never having that problem in other matchups. its also clear that surmia cant doubleteam us on their own, so im wondering why MS would do that kind of stuff (i know dzago just wanted 2nd for example). One of their commanders says its for their ranking, but why would that matter which side they attack aslong as they get points?

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

To be honest, my experience of this matchup has been in a few phases:

First few days, we didn’t give a second thought to Surmia. We just hit everyone as hard as could and came out of the weekend with RoS in a distant third and a little private whispering that maybe we could push Millers for an utterly surprising win.

Next few days we get nightcapped into oblivion and get pushed into our own distant third. We don’t bother targeting anyone as we’re not in a position to do so – we just try and get as many points as we can and rebuild our shattered keeps.

Towards the end of the week we’ve somehow kept the gap close so we decide to go all out to see if it’s possible to close it. We co-ordinate across all four maps to keep Millers busy and to distract RoS as much as possible while we go wild in their borderlands. After a few wipes it’s very successful, we nearly catch up, but Millers then decide to crush us into oblivion again because they think they lose more points if we’re second (they don’t ofc, but I can see why they’d think so).

From our end there’s been very little ‘hatred’ compared to previous matchups with RoS where our private forums and mapchat have been full of RoS talk.

Would be interesting if you’d guested with us this week (on a fictional WvW guesting system :p) so you could see it from our end, it doesn’t quite tally with your interpretation of what we’ve been doing I’m not trying to make any kind of point here or say you’re wrong, just telling you how it felt from our side!

I think we “officially” decided to only hit ROS once they overtook us because it made tactical sense to try and get them as low as possible because our coverage couldn’t compete with Millers. EB in particular has been hit very hard by them all week.

And by officially I mean it was taked about on our forums

In all fairness… MS attacked GH bl last night after we had turned it all blue because everything had paper doors. They took the bl from RoS not GH. They took RoS bl hills just before the upgrade came to an end but ignored the rest of the bl because everything had reached t2.

Yeh if you read it again I said Millers EB crew.

It’s been the case all week of Millers spawn camping us in our corner of EB while RoS have the run of our borderland with a few exceptions. We now know the reason for that decision

And also we had a large group of MS in our bl the whole time we were attacking you in yours. Fortunately in events like this we can pull enough numbers to have a presence on all 4 maps. It doesn’t happen often though.