Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

Fun fight, lets do it again some time

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

Tier 1: JQ/BG/SoR 5/31

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wilco.1458

Wilco.1458

It’s just funny how many legit ac spots there are due to the lack of LOS requirement, and yet people keep screaming “HACKS” every time one is used. There is quite a large area around the ac you can man it from, and with the extra radius/range all you need to see is an area close to where you are trying to hit. We got accused the other day because we were using a spot on a ledge outside of blue keep in EB where we could hit inner from. FEAR in particular knows many spots like this, and I have run with them enough to tell you that no one is hacking.

I was thinking the same thing. Every time I look at one of these “hacks”, I just sit here thinking to myself, “Oh…I know that AC spot”.

Trust me, we love discovering new locations to put siege, but this was literally inside the bridge. Not on top, inside. You couldn’t see the AC nor the person manning it. No idea how someone was able to do it, but it wasn’t just a fluke because there were more than one.

http://www.twitch.tv/drwilco
Wilco Tango Foxtrot #lifting #hardwork

in Match-ups

Posted by: Starscream.7803

Starscream.7803

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

2 hours to double team and cap garrison? Good times? i would be embarrassed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

It’s just funny how many legit ac spots there are due to the lack of LOS requirement, and yet people keep screaming “HACKS” every time one is used. There is quite a large area around the ac you can man it from, and with the extra radius/range all you need to see is an area close to where you are trying to hit. We got accused the other day because we were using a spot on a ledge outside of blue keep in EB where we could hit inner from. FEAR in particular knows many spots like this, and I have run with them enough to tell you that no one is hacking.

I was thinking the same thing. Every time I look at one of these “hacks”, I just sit here thinking to myself, “Oh…I know that AC spot”.

Trust me, we love discovering new locations to put siege, but this was literally inside the bridge. Not on top, inside. You couldn’t see the AC nor the person manning it. No idea how someone was able to do it, but it wasn’t just a fluke because there were more than one.

I’ve seen it happen and it is happened to me when throwing siege. Bridges are just fluky as kitten. I’ve been knocked back into them, ported into them, fell into them, thrown siege into them, etc.

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

no worries, we will see who has the last laugh, wont we

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

It’s awesome “doubleteam”, just farmed JQ near gates and then kitten em in JQ hills

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Match-ups

Posted by: AnAltruisticEgoist.5476

AnAltruisticEgoist.5476

:3 ppt update

Attachments:

(edited by AnAltruisticEgoist.5476)

in Match-ups

AnAltruisticEgoist.5476

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

Yeah good times, we got so many bags from camping your portal.
Was a fun fight.

in Match-ups

Posted by: amonian.3596

amonian.3596

haha. new serve. jadegate .jadegate.jadegate.jadegate.jadegate.jadegate.

(edited by amonian.3596)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

That moment when an actual 2v1 happens.

Happy for you, BG and JQ.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

What double team?

I was inside Garrison the whole time and didn’t see any Jade Quarry.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

I think you lose all right to complain about a double team, when you were asking JQ and BG to double team you yesterday

BTW: Had a lot of fun in SoR BL Bay last night. Was hard fought, but we got it.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

ahuehuehueheuahueha

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wolbryne.4037

Wolbryne.4037

What respect I had for MERC is now gone after this pathetic show.

Pret Orian / Pretorían
IRON
“All war is deception.” – General Sun Tzu

in Match-ups

Renny.6571

That’s quite ironic.

Self high five

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Caedus.6571

Caedus.6571

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

2 hours to double team and cap garrison during SoR’s weakest timezone? Good times? i would be embarrassed.

Fixed that for you.

Tarnished Coast WvW

in Match-ups

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

2v1 happens naturally when you are in your own server’s borderlands.

There is no incentive for 2 opposing server to fight in the opponents garrison. It just saves time for the opponents(SoR) to regrp as they are nearer to home base.

T3s need to be flipped so that it is an easier target. Although the skill lag did cause some issues with people running around and others unable to deal any dmg.

Weakest timezone or not, your map is probably queued? It was an opportunity for both servers to flip both your T3 as to what you did to JQ and BG previously in their not so strong timezones too.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: junhan.8192

junhan.8192

JQ&BG vs SOR, JQ&SOR vs BG, BG&SOR vs JQ.. Is it anything new? Welcome to NA T1..

[Defy/Ge] Potato

in Match-ups

Posted by: oxide.8324

oxide.8324

Stress less, you got all EU and NA timezones to upgrade it to T3 again.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Zen.8497

Zen.8497

Great fights everyone! Just noticed, rating wise the 2v1 seems to benefit more JQ to gain rating (+10.2) mostly from BG (-8.6) and very little from SoR (-1.6).
Anyhow, who cares about points, BG and JQ keep up the good work, I know rallians love the challenge.

Grand Emperor Of Common Sense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Cirus.5748

Cirus.5748

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

2 hours to double team and cap garrison during SoR’s weakest timezone? Good times? i would be embarrassed.

Fixed that for you.

On a full map with 240 people inside 1 location where casting skills and killing players that run into the circle is excessively slow when the defenders use 1700 supply on arrow carts and closing gates?

Not embarrassing at all.

It’s natural for the invaders to push north, happens on every borderland.

Vanguard Of Exiled Mercenaries – Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

So it’s cool for you guys to flip our garrison during Oceanic prime which is JQ’s weakest timeslot numbers wise but if we flip your’s its sad got it double standard’s are double standards

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

I would be too. Especially if I was one of many Blackgate players consistently crying about double teams.

Double teams happen in general, but from what I’m seeing this was planned in advance. Such a tragedy to have happen in T1, but we welcome the challenge. More bags for us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

Pretty sure SoR leaders have been publicly begging BG and JQ for the double team for the last month or so but for some reason both sides really can’t resist hitting anyone other than each other in the big battles. Glad to hear a little natural 2v1 against the score leader actually happened like it is suppose in order for 3-way wars to hit that balance sweet spot. ~^ Hope to see a bit more of it out there. Sadly none of the servers have any sort of population balance across timezones so it is always going to feel dirty ankitteny when it happens to you but I would hope by now we’ve gotten past the 2v1 thing anyhow.

We will all need to change our mindset about 2v1 with the new match up system or else we are going to see a ton of boring kitten facerolls when there are mismatches. I for one will be begging teams to double down on JQ when we get paired against worls outside of T1 and have a lot of respect for SoR using those tactics back when they were red in rankings. The last thing JQ needs is a few weeks of boring match-ups to sap more interest in WvW from our server.

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amity.8549

Amity.8549

“All war is deception” – Martin Luther King Jr.

Amarathy
[ETA]

in Match-ups

AnAltruisticEgoist.5476

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

I would be too. Especially if I was one of many Blackgate players consistently crying about double teams.

Double teams happen in general, but from what I’m seeing this was planned in advance. Such a tragedy to have happen in T1, but we welcome the challenge. More bags for us.

Natural 2v1, wasn’t planned.
But keep crying anyway.

Attachments:

in Match-ups

fade.8603

Come on guys, enough with sarcastic remarks and taunting/jeering. Keep this matchup clean and healthy.

2v1 isn’t a first, this happens in EBG previously before to some servers you all already know. Just that perhaps this is the first time some of the SEA guilds actually experienced it cos BG/JQ really can’t resist fighting each other. This 2v1 was more of an opportunity to flip T3 that is simply too hard to resist.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Dont mistake my posts for QQ. the double team was fine, but i was making fun of the time it took you to do it. Yes you may say you was farming SoR, but you had people guarding all gates in, plus a mass of people in the circle killing any who got in. The people you had you should have walked it, but you didnt, so for that part i would have been embarrassed.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Update – JQ, ty for free T3 SM

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Ah, nice and cozy in SM

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

This just makes you look sad. Especially when:

1) Your own server mates literally invited the 2v1 on the forum
2) SoR pioneered the spawn camp 2v1, and tries it constantly

Stop whining. Step up and learn to defend it. BG sure did. I also remember JQ had a textbook defense of their EBG keep a few weeks back.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

Posted by: sparklevision.8109

sparklevision.8109

Got ta keep it clean in heah, T1. BE CHILL

Furnished Host | Angels of Eternal Destiny
On hiatus from GW2 since mid-July 2013

in Match-ups

Posted by: Burl.9567

Burl.9567

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

Stop whining. Step up and learn to defend it. BG sure did. I also remember JQ had a textbook defense of their EBG keep a few weeks back.

I think it is more about when you did it, not that you did it.

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

See my post above, i am not QQing.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

Are you really anyone to talk about learning to defend stuff considering we we paper everything of yours each day without even having to double team ; )

(edited by Ultimaistanza.4793)

in Match-ups

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

See my post above, i am not QQing.

Two hours is half the time SoR and JQ spent on BG’s EBG keep two nights ago. And they didn’t cap. It’s roughly equal to the amount of time SoR and JQ spent on BG garri last night. And they didn’t cap. Get over it and l2p.

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

But keep crying anyway.

I don’t think anyone is crying especially when SoR is winning the war.
I remember that Indo in his speech asked for 2v1 fights against SoR to make this match more challenging, more so he is actively helping with recruiting guilds for BG and JQ. One example is the BT guild which if they have joined SoR it would have completely imbalanced the match. I would love to see that type of unselfish attitude from everyone to cover each one’s weak spots and coverage.
Let’s all work together helping each other to make this a better match.

in Match-ups

fade.8603

2v1 is happening everyday, not happening to you does not mean it does not exist or will never happen to you.

This msg is for some of the posters, not everyone.

There is no specific timezone to double team, there is only an opportunity window to allow it to happen.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Starscream.7803

I`m not mad, I`m laughing at you :/

in Match-ups

fade.8603

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

But keep crying anyway.

I remember that Indo in his speech asked for 2v1 fights against SoR to make this match more challenging, more so he is actively helping with recruiting guilds for BG and JQ. One example is the BT guild which if they have joined SoR it would have completely imbalanced the match. I would love to see that type of unselfish attitude from everyone to cover each one’s weak spots and coverage.

If what other SoRs said is true that you have queue on a number of maps, you may risk having WvW-ers not able to participate in any WvW at all should you be accepting NA guilds. Look at dragonbrand’s this week matchup, its not helping their own server that they are steamrolling their opponents. In fact, none of the 3 servers are having fun.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

wow that didnt last long, we got our gari back already..

in Match-ups

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

Can’t wait for a new matchup, the qq factor is so old.

We are on track to win again this week, that much is solid. Expect to see more of this kinda stuff, enjoy the fights, don’t take them too seriously and have fun in the game.

And in a few hours we’ll retake all the territory plus some and it’ll be like it never happened…except for it’ll be another win for SoR.

-A man of many Valins [KONG]

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

I`m not mad, I`m laughing at you :/

And I am laughing at you, “Hahahhaa” <—- Me laughing. Seriously? 2v1 crap in thread? Why does it matter when, how long, or by whom? It happens, congrats!

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

in Match-ups

Valin.4527

wow that didnt last long, we got our gari back already..

Already?

Wow.

in Match-ups

Zen.8497

Garrison capped.
SoR got double teamed.
Good times, good times …

But keep crying anyway.

If what other SoRs said is true that you have queue on a number of maps, you may risk having WvW-ers not able to participate in any WvW at all should you be accepting NA guilds.

There is always room for organized guilds versus pugs if we really wanted that. The queue’s are only at prime N/A and normally are short even at that time. Anyhow, I was talking about the weak spots, BG needed BT more than SoR and that is the recommendation that we made. Not a big deal, it just shows that we care about the matchup more than any rivalries. I am sure that we can all do the same and help build each other up so we have fun fights 24/7.

in Match-ups

Renny.6571

SoR is the strongest server in NA. When you’re not fighting the second and third strongest servers, what do you think will actually happen? Hint: qq.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

anyone watching the t2 thread if how good sos is doing vs 2 t2 servers shows really how much all of us here in t1 would blow them out of the water in numbers

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in Match-ups

Valin.4527

SoR is the strongest server in NA. When you’re not fighting the second and third strongest servers, what do you think will actually happen? Hint: qq.

What I’m hoping for (and yeah, I’m resigned to the fact that I’ll be disapointed) is that if we are fighting two new servers this week that the meta will shift from zerg to multiple smaller groups to keep things more fair. I don’t want everything to be a steamroll, yeah it’s fun to win, it’s more fun to have a challenging win or even a “by the skin of your teeth” loss.

The top 3 servers can field massive amounts of troops and in cases have too to have a chance to succeed. If we aren’t fighting a stacked server maybe we can downgrade the zergs, give some full time WvW peeps a break and shift the meta.

That’s my hope at least….

in Match-ups

fade.8603

anyone watching the t2 thread if how good sos is doing vs 2 t2 servers shows really how much all of us here in t1 would blow them out of the water in numbers

I believe TC is T1 material and could put up a very good fight against any of the T1.

BlackGate

in Match-ups

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

I believe TC is T1 material and could put up a very good fight against any of the T1.

i don’t know if sos is doing that good against them i think any of us would crush them unless of course tc is playing with them

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR