Vizunah / Riverside / Desolation

in Match-ups

Posted by: Lelith.2916

Lelith.2916

1. No matter how bad Riverside are... we have fought Vizunah for 16 weeks straight.. if that didn;t break us.. nothing will.

2. We are the original anti zombie apocalypse server.. It’s you who in fact join us.

Guild Leader of Eternal Invictus [INVI].

in Match-ups

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Being from desolation and complaining about arrow cars is quite funny. We seem to be some of the biggest hypocrites out there. Last week our night/morning crew raked us a healthy +625. It seems that after fighting vizunah for so long they have rubbed off on us.

Attachments:

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Da Nazgul.3172

Da Nazgul.3172

Whole France, with 10 arrow carts outside lords room! gg Viz lol

P.S. Viz do you have a fetish with arrow carts or something? I see arrow carts everywhere!

Big brother Elona taught us the abuse of arrow carts, blame them.

…and Elona learned it from the best : Kodash

gl, my dear Riverside ppl

Commander for Kodash (not just a frog one ;) )
Join us, we got cookies

in Match-ups

Posted by: GrandMechantLoup.8201

GrandMechantLoup.8201

Ironic on day i fold guild and quit 5/7/13 gw2. Is day viz as legacy means nothing thanks for that Anet.

I see what you did there …

So in the end the great eye ever watchful wins the day. The big bad Sacrx > viz even without doing anything. I wish you well back in t1 next week. Maybe i will get a new account and secretly lead you out of these hard times from t2. Special kiss to META guild always some good laughs. Much love to troma who has misunderstood my intention with viz and just made this to clear up few things.

Wish you all the best in future AC usage and blob movement. Take care from viz nemesis/best friend.

Sauron The Machine. shutting down.

I think you misunderstood some things about our “server pride” but was very funny to fight against you after all, new ladder is reallly boring for us and big bad guy miss you.

Some people know you didn’t really have bad intentions but do not forget : VIZUNAH SPIRIT EVERYWHERE ! and you lose ! ^.^

You are our best super villain.

Attachments:

jade sea, EU

(edited by GrandMechantLoup.8201)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

Greetz Reztek

This Matchup would of only been better if it was Viz vs RS vs AM instead of deso

Reztek keep crying about my guild mate… we just find your server boring and lack of fight, which we have proved many times.

Your server is a anti pvp and pro siege server… I hope Viz teach you a leason, its been stated many times by people who have dropped down from the lower tiers that your the middle tier version of Viz.

You know your server lacks fight, when your best guild DW lost members because of that and went to other servers. Would love for you to prove me wrong about Riverside but you can’t… I feel sorry for the guys in [IF]

Viz & Deso are happy for the fresh meat/challenge/loot bags instead of staleness of same old same old.

You can keep riverside, and take Abbadons while your at it none of the middle tiers who play for fights & fun care about these servers who take the campaign so seriously and do little actual pvp.

Riverside generally go at it kitten the weekend, do early morning golem rushes daily too but their numbers will start to fade a bit during weekdays. Take away the t3’s and the siege and RS don’t have much after that… A few of their guilds are decent but I don’t think they can cope with Viz’s numbers.

hf guys

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sephil.3971

Sephil.3971

The weekend i stop playing. I get a most happy sight of viz in t2 lol. Making by there own logic just another server regardless of 29 medals. It will show you are 4th not in t1 this week.

What the kitten are you on about?

Viz is 1st on the ladder and 1st on the matchup so far. How could any graph show us 4th? xD

Are you sure you understand how a graph is made? :p

You sure had a lot of rage bottled up inside man, that’s not good for your health you know.

87th Worldwide Masterful Achiever

in Match-ups

Posted by: tita.6358

tita.6358

The weekend i stop playing. I get a most happy sight of viz in t2 lol. Making by there own logic just another server regardless of 29 medals. It will show you are 4th not in t1 this week.

What the kitten are you on about?

Viz is 1st on the ladder and 1st on the matchup so far. How could any graph show us 4th? xD

Are you sure you understand how a graph is made? :p

You sure had a lot of rage bottled up inside man, that’s not good for your health you know.

he probably knows nothing about how the ladder works. i mean he doesn’t care because it’s meaningless like dolyaks , keeps, towers, camps, siege weapons, supply, server pride and all those craps

the only meaningful thing in the game is taging 250k randoms guys on the field by spamming 1 with a staff and having 25 guys behind yourself to actually kill them.

We will miss you Sacrx. you were the Bad Guy of gw2 !

Tita the Sunless, Vizunah Night Rats
75/75 Arrow Cart Mastery
124K doors and counting

in Match-ups

Posted by: Myrmidone.4362

Myrmidone.4362

@Wamgor

dw is a decent guild, bit i doubt that they are the best guild on RS.
Furthermore pls generalize more i am pretty sure you forgot something to complain about.

Greets Myrmi

btw i dont think that some dw members left the Server and joined TDA cause of RS playstyle in general

in Match-ups

Posted by: Playmate.8521

Playmate.8521

good morning Desolation !

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: Fille.1325

Fille.1325

Doing the Vizunah Tactic during the rush hour… it worked! Hills changed the colour, but now it’s T3 again, sadface…
Wasn’t playing that much WvW in the past times and thought Vizunah is a massive skill server, but I can only see Vizunah sitting in their fort and focusing on the scoreboard and their ticks. I was more impressed of Augury Rock last week…

Attachments:

Axîom [aX]- Desolation

(edited by Fille.1325)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

1. No matter how bad Riverside are… we have fought Vizunah for 16 weeks straight.. if that didn;t break us.. nothing will.

2. We are the original anti zombie apocalypse server.. It’s you who in fact join us.

my entire view of the world is wrong I didn’t take it seriously, but this weird al song is speaking the truth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KThlYHfIVa8

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

Doing the Vizunah Tactic during the rush hour… it worked! Hills changed the colour, but now it’s T3 again, sadface…
Wasn’t playing that much WvW in the past times and thought Vizunah is a massive skill server, but I can only see Vizunah sitting in their fort and focusing on the scoreboard and their ticks. I was more impressed of Augury Rock last week…

AG did that with 23 golems yesterday, I organized all of it, but then as soon as I leave, another commander uses them for a suicidal charge on a fully upgraded SM, at least we took it in the end.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Being from desolation and complaining about arrow cars is quite funny. We seem to be some of the biggest hypocrites out there. Last week our night/morning crew raked us a healthy +625. It seems that after fighting vizunah for so long they have rubbed off on us.

that +625 was a server effort and not influenced in any way strongly by AC utilization. Rox from EXG helped us paint deso map green one evening during prime time and yet again the next day around 4:30pm deso pulled a greenwash over deso map + still holding our quarter and SM in EB, this was the community pulling together in the one direction i.e directing more attention to our home map and improving daytime commander presence.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Posted by: GrandMechantLoup.8201

GrandMechantLoup.8201

Playing 1/4 maps is wrong. So yeah, we are sitting. 60+ people on your HM all the day to make one golem army when 20 people open your garrison … it’s so impressive. < boredom >

jade sea, EU

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rapsod.4629

Rapsod.4629

ahh vizuna lootbags <3 what would i do without you this morning i had so much lootbags and stacks of medals i really dont know where to put all these anymore …..arena net should give us like 30-35 slot bags …
ohh and riverside i admire your will to push even tho you know you dont have a chance, you are still coming back and pushing to those towers….. very nice guys keep it up =)

-Desolation -[PT]Mesmer/Necromancer

in Match-ups

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

I hope you’re kidding here.

If there is one thing at which Desolation is absolutely terrible is playing the defense game by planting zillions of superior ACs + defensive trebs in the structures; barring maybe the keep in EB, nearly every other structure in our hands is either completely devoid of siege weapons or has much less than it should have. This is one of the main reason (along with the lack of decent scouting) we keep getting our keeps/towers reset to T1 so frequently.

And I can understand that, I mean, we could be going full Vizunah style but in the end it would still be meaningless since they’d simply reset them during the night/morning, so from a practical point of view sieging up stuff is a waste of time and money for any server with inferior coverage. Despite that, though, it would be a big help to retain the strategic offensive during those few hours when we do have enough WvW presence to cover at least 2-3 maps; I wish more commanders stopped looking only at the final score, and started taking into consideration how having properly sieged up T2+ structures allows a more aggressive map approach.

As far as I’m concerned, instantly planting at least 3-4 superior ACs and leaving 1-2 scouts in any structure you just capped and have even the slightest intention to keep should be standard practice by every commander.

in Match-ups

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

Outmanned Buff on Eternal on a sunday afternoon, really can´t remember when that happened the last time…………………

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Match-ups

Posted by: satkis.7021

satkis.7021

Wow sarx.. What can I say about this guy… I sincerely and warmly welcome you to the real world now when you have shut down your computer

satkis [TLA] – Guardian – Desolation

Only a WvW player

in Match-ups

warriorjrd.8695

that +625 was a server effort and not influenced in any way strongly by AC utilization. Rox from EXG helped us paint deso map green one evening during prime time and yet again the next day around 4:30pm deso pulled a greenwash over deso map + still holding our quarter and SM in EB, this was the community pulling together in the one direction i.e directing more attention to our home map and improving daytime commander presence.

I know the +625 had nothing do with arrow carts, I was merely pointing out we had 15 in our lords room area. I see so many deso players complaining about arrow carts, then I saw that, had to point it out. Then the +625, well i’ve also seen so many deso player complain about PVD and night/morning caping. The point I was trying to make, however unclear it must have been, is that we no longer have the right to complain when the enemy does “cheap” tactics on us, when they seem to be our new favorite method.

(edited by warriorjrd.8695)

in Match-ups

warriorjrd.8695

If there is one thing at which Desolation is absolutely terrible is playing the defense game by planting zillions of superior ACs + defensive trebs in the structures; barring maybe the keep in EB, nearly every other structure in our hands is either completely devoid of siege weapons or has much less than it should have. This is one of the main reason (along with the lack of decent scouting) we keep getting our keeps/towers reset to T1 so frequently.

And I can understand that, I mean, we could be going full Vizunah style but in the end it would still be meaningless since they’d simply reset them during the night/morning, so from a practical point of view sieging up stuff is a waste of time and money for any server with inferior coverage. Despite that, though, it would be a big help to retain the strategic offensive during those few hours when we do have enough WvW presence to cover at least 2-3 maps; I wish more commanders stopped looking only at the final score, and started taking into consideration how having properly sieged up T2+ structures allows a more aggressive map approach.

As far as I’m concerned, instantly planting at least 3-4 superior ACs and leaving 1-2 scouts in any structure you just capped and have even the slightest intention to keep should be standard practice by every commander.

We didn’t have 3-4 in that keep, nor that picture, there was 15 total in our lords room area alone. How many times I have seen people complaining about viz or elona using billions of arrow carts, then this is what I see. We can do that, sure, but we can no longer complain when they do it us.

in Match-ups

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

We didn’t have 3-4 in that keep, nor that picture, there was 15 total in our lords room area alone. How many times I have seen people complaining about viz or elona using billions of arrow carts, then this is what I see. We can do that, sure, but we can no longer complain when they do it us.

nonsense

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

I know the +625 had nothing do with arrow carts, I was merely pointing out we had 15 in our lords room area. I see so many deso players complaining about arrow carts, then I saw that, had to point it out. Then the +625, well i’ve also seen so many deso player complain about PVD and night/morning caping. The point I was trying to make, however unclear it must have been, is that we no longer have the right to complain when the enemy does “cheap” tactics on us, when they seem to be our new favorite method.

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. Let me try to describe it better, because you were not in that fight apparently. These arrow carts were not defensive, they were offensive. Hills were ours, Viz tried to capp 2 times (including Golem rush), they got wiped in open combat and in their final stand they manage to pass all gates and push us inside. In our final stand in our Lord’s room, because they didn’t want to risk a 3rd wipe in combat, they built many arrow carts outside the entrance, in order to wipe us. They managed it after a while…

I have nothing against defensive arrow carts inside towers or keeps. Its fully understandable trying to protect what is yours. But, that incident on Hills, was really astonishing. We could have won the fight, but lost because of the gazzilion arrow carts, again! Oh well…

in Match-ups

Myrmidone.4362

Dear Vizus thank you for consecutive 2 days of attacking our Garnison so much loot;-)
Respect to all the guys and Girls defending this kitten against these hordes.
I suggest you to show some Balls Vizu, even with the help of Deso who are trebbing from the other side we are still there.
Perhaps if you push and not run away you could get this piece of kitten;-)
Dont worry, Night is coming than you will get it^^.

Greets Myrmi

in Match-ups

warriorjrd.8695

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough. Let me try to describe it better, because you were not in that fight apparently. These arrow carts were not defensive, they were offensive. Hills were ours, Viz tried to capp 2 times (including Golem rush), they got wiped in open combat and in their final stand they manage to pass all gates and push us inside. In our final stand in our Lord’s room, because they didn’t want to risk a 3rd wipe in combat, they built many arrow carts outside the entrance, in order to wipe us. They managed it after a while…

I have nothing against defensive arrow carts inside towers or keeps. Its fully understandable trying to protect what is yours. But, that incident on Hills, was really astonishing. We could have won the fight, but lost because of the gazzilion arrow carts, again! Oh well…

I was in the fight at hills on reset, and if you actually look at the picture I linked with that lovely post of mine, you would see it’s not hills I was talking about.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Laivine.9308

Laivine.9308

I was in the fight at hills on reset, and if you actually look at the picture I linked with that lovely post of mine, you would see it’s not hills I was talking about.

I am referring to you, because you started blaming Deso players for whining about arrow carts and I was the first one that started the conversation. I was obviously talking about something specific (Hills), as the players above me, but you linked a photo of something completely different and out of topic. I hope its clear now.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

@Wamgor

dw is a decent guild, bit i doubt that they are the best guild on RS.
Furthermore pls generalize more i am pretty sure you forgot something to complain about.

Greets Myrmi

btw i dont think that some dw members left the Server and joined TDA cause of RS playstyle in general

Who is the Best RS guild if DW weren’t? To me they were the one’s who stood out the most on their own. Some of their members went to TDA on Gandara, some applied for Mya on Millers.

Don’t need to generalise about Riverside, C’mon Ex Riverside players without Bias admit what your server is like, take off your blinkers

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in Match-ups

warriorjrd.8695

I am referring to you, because you started blaming Deso players for whining about arrow carts and I was the first one that started the conversation. I was obviously talking about something specific (Hills), as the players above me, but you linked a photo of something completely different and out of topic. I hope its clear now.

When I made my first post i hadn’t even read yours. It wasn’t in response to yours directly either. I was directing it at the deso players complaining about arrow carts, not even in this thread, but in match ups far previous to this one. If you thought I was directing my comment at you, you were mistaken. I was simply pointing out how funny it is that people complain about arrow carts then we have 15 in one location. I can find you the definition of hypocrite if you need it, that’s really what I was aiming for.

in Match-ups

Posted by: TatsuKan.5412

TatsuKan.5412

So now by being t2 your legacy is over cause its not special since you cant say you have been in t1 forever!. I did not even need to make sfr 3.0 because i knew one day you would get bored and would never be able to hold t1 forever.

Self blinded.

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/fr/eu/wvw
Vizunah still first.
Being T1/T2… mean nothing today.

Thanks for making me laugh because of your ignorance.

[CPC] [Vizunah Square] – Nantes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nantes)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/fr/eu/wvw
Vizunah still first.
Being T1/T2… mean nothing today.

It won’t be surprise to anybody that Visunah will most likely win this week, Desolation will be 2nd and Riverside 3rd, but the difference in total score is low considering that this is EU rank 1 vs 6 vs 10. Such a big difference in ratings should be a complete blow out, but Riverside is definitely giving a run for their money.

If you look at the charts and the predicted new ratings, you can see that all the top 5 servers are losing points. In fact Visunah has been losing rating week after week. In other words according to Arenanet’s system Vísunah, nor any of the other top servers are not winning as much as they should.

There is similar situation in NA
http://mos.millenium.org/na

And in NA some servers seem to be gaining almost 100 points in rating in just week.

I wonder how many weeks this madness will continue. Arenanet expects this system to stabilize. Desolation seems to have stabilized as 6 (or 7) in EU and VS is of course #1. But the glicko system is notoriously bad and slow reacting to population changes. In other words if some major guilds and alliances of guilds are changing servers the ratings might be screwed for months. And of course such movements are happening, thus we will never see accurate ratings.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Muan.1029

Muan.1029

Capping RS Garrison.. For sure a real good challenge this week.

Muan — Janitor of [CaSu]
Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

Haha, if this matchup was Viz, Deso & AG the thread would have reached easily 200 posts by now, full of TUP tears. But i guess as long as they are the “Vizu” in their matchups and roflstomp servers like GH, everything is fine.

So true … so true!
… thumbs up

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Axle.5182

Axle.5182

Tiers / brackets = Mehhh

My belief is almost every server between the mid and highest bracket has the potential to fight it out perfectly fine we’re not really suffering from total blowouts despite who wins or who loses.

The only issue is the difference of play style that often divides these brackets with the majority of mid tiers despising the points game of higher tiers in favor of the quality of fights and vice versa.

So in all respect the only difference i see between brackets is the mindset of their communities and not necessarily a reflection of their numbers or skill.

Axle
[AFTL] Afterlife Sanctum of Rall
http://www.afterlife-gaming.eu

(edited by Axle.5182)

in Match-ups

Myrmidone.4362

Sorry Viz and Deso that we cannot give you the same decent fights anymore.RS community is full of drama, some guilds left others will follow, so our numbers are decreasing more and more.
Nevertheless the remaining ones will try for the best.

Greets Myrmi

btw finally you got our garrison hopefully you enjoyed the battle for it last two days

(edited by Myrmidone.4362)

in Match-ups

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

That is sad to hear it was nice to face a fresh opponent despite being matched with Viz again obviously its more interesting with 3 servers fighting with equal enough numbers on level terms esp during prime.
Regardless I think we’ve had some good fights with you guys already, I hope we get still get some more before the reset.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Match-ups

Myrmidone.4362

Say Hello from DTK to Vizu and Deso hopefully you enjoyed our Demolitionzerg on Vizu border;-)
Somehow last Stand from us.
See ya…….

Greets Myrmi

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bamjam.2046

Bamjam.2046

Say Hello from DTK to Vizu and Deso hopefully you enjoyed our Demolitionzerg on Vizu border;-)
See ya…….

Greets Myrmi

Yes thanks for wiping our zerg in bay at the lordsroom.
I was waiting for reinforcements and then our good friend Vizunah showed up for a nice 3way…
Wish i could stay longer for a rematch but work needs me to log early.
Still… good learning process for me.

(edited by Bamjam.2046)

in Match-ups

Posted by: General Ragefist.3952

General Ragefist.3952

Once there was a flame here.
But the person i had a problem with wrote me and so we say:
case closed

greez Edana

Edana Atreides, Elementalist
DTK | Die Technokraten – Guild Leader
Flußufer/ Riverside [DE]

(edited by General Ragefist.3952)

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vroum.2906

Vroum.2906

See ya…….

Greets Myrmi

Enjoyed is not really the right word.
Your omega and crew show seemed nice, but you had too many fans around for us to have a proper look.

Guardian | Warrior | Elementalist on Vizunah Square

in Match-ups

Posted by: General Ragefist.3952

General Ragefist.3952

We tryed the first hour to run alone… and it was not so glorys with 30 guys against your full zerg.

Edana Atreides, Elementalist
DTK | Die Technokraten – Guild Leader
Flußufer/ Riverside [DE]

in Match-ups

Posted by: noddan.2035

noddan.2035

Nice fighting, its nice to see Desolation becoming stronger and stronger!

kitten , that you spotted our three man golem rush on viz garrison yesterday.. we just had to take the zerg back there and take it

[OP] – Óne Pulse – Guild Leader & Raid leader

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sephil.3971

Sephil.3971

Sorry Viz and Deso that we cannot give you the same decent fights anymore.RS community is full of drama, some guilds left others will follow, so our numbers are decreasing more and more.

Greets Myrmi

btw finally you got our garrison hopefully you enjoyed the battle for it last two days

Of course! If you only build 1 AC for every 2 people, half of them are gonna be unhappy, cause they will actually have to use their class skills instead of spamming 1 through a door. :/

87th Worldwide Masterful Achiever

in Match-ups

CrimsonNeonite.1048

So are early morning Golem rushes from you guys on Riverside normal? You tried it twice on our EB keep but failed both times, sorry for all the AC’s though but we are just taking advantage of a overpowered game mechanic and we had no other way to defend ourselves.
It looks like Viz is just too strong especially during the day atm you don’t need to nightcap as such which we’ve been sorta doing but I think we are all just trying to show we are still willing to fight it’s just that we all want a balanced matchup cause it’s not worth the sleepless nights!

Scrubio

in Match-ups

Posted by: Pheppo.9286

Pheppo.9286

Greets Myrmi

Of course! If you only build 1 AC for every 2 people, half of them are gonna be unhappy, cause they will actually have to use their class skills instead of spamming 1 through a door. :/

Yep … and you could probably teach your people, that running with only a couple of people – instead of the whole map in one huge zerg – is also possible
Using ACs is often the only way how to counter the immense numbers of your people.

Anyway … i like the current matchup and sometimes … not often but sometimes … i really find single oppenents for nice 1vs1 fights

And thiefes … stop attacking my necro … killing you over and over again becomes gradually boring

Server: Riverside [DE]
Chars: The fluffy Flapsi (Ele), Fipsip (Mesmer), Flappo (Necro), Fenix (Engi)

in Match-ups

Posted by: oaagamer.6594

oaagamer.6594

I love commanding against Viz – with 50 in garrison and you still failed. It was close though – all gates broken, riverside water gate golems + Viz army south west gate – 25 north gate, 25 north west gate – while Desolation 16 organised players + 15 – 20 others. Luckily for us we got to upgrade the garrison during that approximately 1hr 30mins long fight.

Thank you for a fun run from the [CS] guild and the Desolation Defenders <3

Candy
Owner of Candy Shop [CS] and Desolation Commander
Be the change you want to see in the world.

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Please Vizunah, control your low level players and tell them not to show off in front of their zerg by jumping over my corpse. You’re gonna make me gank every one I see and I don’t mind dying doing it. Thank you <3

Broski

in Match-ups

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Aye that defense of our Garrison was epic I’m glad I ended up there by accident joining the queue from EB and clicking join, we were very close to losing it though we had people who were all over the place and used up the supply when it was upgrading on the positive side of things we had enough people organized who kept contesting the circle, bay WP and using their war banners just in time the communication on TS was key despite some of the issues we had. I’ve been up on night keeping guard of it and although it’s been tough esp some pugs who were running around being chased by a buffed supervisor at our Arah’s and God’s instead of following me was a worth it. <3 Deso

Scrubio

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

Peeps,

I’m on a roll today with questions, and I’m sorry if I’m bothering , but trying to learn as fast as I can so I gotta ask =D

Who desides who will be the commanders? How does that work?
I’ve been online the past few days playing mostly WvW and I am yet to see the same 2 commanders… It’s always different. Yday I was with a person called Kodah or something like that, the day before with another dude, the day before that with another… it’s not that I mind, all of them have different strategies so I learn alot, but I’m just curious as to how that works.

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

in Match-ups

Posted by: Michael.6830

Michael.6830

Muahahah i think i’ve seen the entrance to the Vizunah zombie apocalypse.
Also seems that i have a always on fear bug on me. Evrytime i see some Frenchies they start running away. Pls don’t be so scary, just want your loot bags :P !!!

But in my opinion its more interesting to fight against higher tiers than lower once.
riverside ftw xD

Attachments:

in Match-ups

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

Peeps,

I’m on a roll today with questions, and I’m sorry if I’m bothering , but trying to learn as fast as I can so I gotta ask =D

I’ve been online the past few days playing mostly WvW and I am yet to see the same 2 commanders… It’s always different. Yday I was with a person called Kodah or something like that, the day before with another dude, the day before that with another… it’s not that I mind, all of them have different strategies so I learn alot, but I’m just curious as to how that works.

all commanders from deso server meet in a big room with round table. then we draw straws. who gets the shortest runs deso BL that week:P

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Peeps,

HI Rock – don’t sweat it .. I had the same problem and question when I first started doing WvW. It boils down to who has 100G to buy the Commander tag. Once someone has that, there’s nothing to stop him/her putting the tag up and leading everyone in a merry dance around the BL :-).

However … more often than not, commanders are dedicated Wuvvers that buy the tag because they want to get involved in the Server community and achieve success for their Guild. Often, a Guild will give a player the 100G to buy the tag.

IN terms of putting the tag on – when the need arises, the hero rises to the occasion :-) A good commander assesses the situation and will lead if need be.

As to good commanders – well, that’s as much experience as not – on Desolation we are lucky in that we have a great many good solid commanders. I’ll name one for you – Candy Fluxx – [CS} Guild leader and commander extra-ordinaire! So good, he even has a Vizunah wannabe :-)

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)