deso/gandalf/fsp

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Lets clear some things up here, without me going back through thread for endless quotes:

1. Someone said about most of the major guild groups are talking about an alliance.
Not true, most of the major guild groups on FSP could care who wins and are mainly happy to be getting good fights,(though if there are the odd ppl/guilds who think this is a good idea it won’t be enough people to make a difference in regards to an alliance).

2. Deso are not an all round strong server.
This point i am making in regards to EU prime time, we have faced much stronger prime time than Deso in this league including midday (certain times of day they are pretty weak, in comparison to what them and us see them as), so my conclusion is that they are middle silver league material prime time, and have a bottom gold league night/morning crews. However, throughout the leagues Gandara is getting stronger each match up, an will certainly try and match Deso’s coverage, and may succeed, but not with the help of FSP, so if Gandara does beat Deso they achieved it on their own.

3. I am not pointing fingers at a whole server.
But the few Deso on this forum that claim that their guild is an unstoppable machine or others bragging of how boring this match is, or how we are all walking loot bags etc etc. 1 phrase “Kettle, black” spring to mind? if your guild is unstoppable its down to numbers if it’s even number u go down just as slow or fast as the next man and his dog. If we cant physically match ur numbers as an organised guild/zerg/blob then tough kitten on us, but in no way does it make u better.
In regards to loot bags, you may be very surprised to know that when we kill u, u also drop loot bags. There isn’t a bug that deny’s Deso’s opposition loot bags on a kill, u drop loot like every player. I wouldn’t lie to u there I swear to god Deso does drop loot.
This matchup boring? I bet you just come off the banana boat? yes we may not have ur coverage(but who cares i certainly dont), but I play EU prime and im here for the fights, we match u prime time in awesome fights and give as good as we get, if u don’t play EU prime time ur kittening problem, u want better fights out of hours go bandwagon a gold league server to fulfill your needs.

We are NOT a walk in the park, we give u a struggle and good fights prime time u go to bed wake up next day and ur night/morning crew has boosted ur PPT, whoopy kittening doo you night cap morning cap, i couldn’t give a kitten, but don’t put down a server because u do something they cant. Although I stand by my word in saying that I don’t care for the points that much. What I do care about is Deso (individuals not whole server) coming on forum and flaunting how weak they think we are. Take into consideration 2 weeks before the leagues started we scraped ourselves out of bronze league status and now facing a server with bottom gold league coverage, you must take some pride in beating ur chests about that one. We hold our ground as much as we can, and hit hard, and to put us down for doing that shame on you.

I say again in no way am I labeling a whole server, just individuals who do truly think that they are Gods Walking Amongst Mere Mortals.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

Twinny. Good post mate.. Just remember the only way to beat Desolation is to coat your keep doors with varnish or retaliation.This is their main weakness. In order to become a WVW player on Deso you need to Skip arrowcart/ram/mortar any type of mastery till you get your carpentry master up to 10/10 . This is to skillfully split wood on keep doors. . Its been discussed several times before but when your server has numbers on they hide in towers and after 2 AM CET the hordes crash onto your server with more numbers than napoleon used to conquer Europe.

For this matchup both FS and Gandara benefit from deso not winning. SO hell YOu can even be open about going 2 v 1 here. FS can annoy the arrogant deso kittens that has been mouthing of on the forums and Gandara can sneak a win. I wont mind seeing Gandara win either.

So come FS and Gandara make this work!!!!!!!

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vincavec.8350

Vincavec.8350

I don’t really get all this bull-kitten about Alliances, when its a tree-way fight… things like these are bound to happen, it merely depends on the coordination, if there were/are any at all.

Biggest Morning Blob wins this match-up, since there will be more points for the hours ahead, than at night or prime-time.

(edited by Vincavec.8350)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prevvy.1936

Prevvy.1936

Deso is not really a Gold League material tbh, they have better coverage but during primetime they are nothing to worry about.

hahahha this thread is so good gandara you got nothing but arrow carts and trebs hahahaha shame on FSP for double team but i guess its part of the game…. keep on rollin tnx for all the loot ^^ made like 65g today on loot and dyes you gandarans and shivers drop xDDD hahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

lel

Prevvy Hyperion | [VII] Seventh Legion | [dF] Driven By Fury

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bubbles.1047

Bubbles.1047

Please allow me to recap this thread. So apparently, we, Deso, decided to /afk in LA for a few months in order to bring our rank down. We also told some guilds to spend a whole bunch of money so they could leave to other servers, while we continued to idle in LA. The idea was, supposedly, to win the league for some shiny prizes. Then when the deed is done, those guilds that left are to spend another bunch of money to return to us, so that we could all collectively get facerolled by gold servers once again.

lol

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rapsod.4629

Rapsod.4629

Dont get me wrong on the previous post i was bit happy coz i got so richxD but you guys did great fights last night and good job gandara on your coverage alot of pressure ^^ much love for both servers <3333
I only hope we have great fights till the end of the week …… peace!

-Desolation -[PT]Mesmer/Necromancer

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: hholls.3278

hholls.3278

I’m having a great time in this match up excellent fights, if the other two servers need to hold hands good for them if it suits their mutual needs, I feel it’s a compliment to us at Deso.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

@Twinny – great post. Couldn’t have said it better myself. And as far as FSP is concerned, I have nothing but respect for you all.

I had intended to stay out of the flak since my last post but I wanted to show my support to your server’s skills.

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Vincavec.8350

Vincavec.8350

[…] if the other two servers need to hold hands good for them […]

There never were any of that sort, get over yourself already… You do know its a fight between three servers?? The focus changes all the time, depending on coverage and “golden” opportunities.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: hholls.3278

hholls.3278

@Twinny-I don’t know where you get this thought that there is no respect for FSP on Deso….if you could hear our teamspeak you’d know there certainly was!! We all know that the match ups are about numbers/coverage and that there are excellent players/guilds on EVERY server.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

This matchup has everything!

The people that like fighting for points and the league competition have a close matchup.
The people that like guild roaming have some fun guilds to come across in battle.
The people that like to solo have plenty of roamers to fight from all servers.
The people that like to troll the forums can get plenty of bites.

It’s win-win people!

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: petterikr.4263

petterikr.4263

Can’t really admit that we (Deso) have been arrogant. Besides few forum warriors we have quite frankly admitted that we usually under perform during prime time and have had to rely on our coverage.

While all this tanking and stuff have been discussed so many times, I will drop the facts once more:

1) It was decided in one of our server alliance meetings, that we will aim for silver. This was about 5 weeks before the leagues. Everyone did not agree.

2) This decision was based on our belief that we lack the coverage to compete in gold (now I can admit we were wrong). Nobody, I repeat NOBODY expected us to win silver. We just sincerely believed it was best for everyone on Deso to find good fights and equal servers in Silver.

3) As we lost most of our www-focused guilds nobody took any actual measures to pursue that goal. We tanked naturally. Can you really believe that any server can be so united that they can coordinate a five week tank?

3) When that decision was made, we lost DVG, FG, TEQ (they returned), War, Coin and a few others. Especially DVG at that time had about 40 % of our active commanders and most of our night force.

4) We knew we had a strong pve-population, but nobody expected that we will have three hour queues on a single border in the beginning of the leagues. And nobody liked it. Now we are trying to train our new www’ers and rebuild.

5) Most importantly, we have some individuals who have the time and passion to fight for Deso. They are responsible for most of our success. <3

Temppu (Katoamistemppu, Temppu Murisee Murr, Arnold Did Temppu, Kummitustemppu, Temppu Banana)
Desolation

(edited by petterikr.4263)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Twinny.9304

@Twinny-I don’t know where you get this thought that there is no respect for FSP on Deso….if you could hear our teamspeak you’d know there certainly was!! We all know that the match ups are about numbers/coverage and that there are excellent players/guilds on EVERY server.

Sorry hholls, as I said it was not aimed @ the whole server in no way what so ever and i didn’t want to keep going through thread dragging up 1 line quotes. It was just the odd couple of sly comments like how easy this match up is we are easy loot bags etc etc, which im sure u can understand i felt the need to place a response.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shonex.5327

Shonex.5327

I don’t know why people think that Deso is arrogant or anything bad

Personally I really like their fighting system and how they play for score, reminds me of Mourinho (my fav manager)

They basically start chillaxed and don’t zergfest (unlike some) on start but push slowly, and then if needed in mid of the week they start to zerg to catch up and secure PPT

Personally I am cheering for Deso to win silver league coz AG can’t anymore, keep it up guys and girls, and don’t lose this week, I count on you! :P

And other 2 servers: Good luck and give Deso nice fights xD

Member of: Cute But Devilish Inside [CUTE]
Ring of Fire [EU]

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grump.7069

Grump.7069

matchups before league:
deso – gand – uw
rs – bb – deso ( bb is bottomline golden)
er – js – deso
bb – am – deso (strange you easily beat during the league and bb is bottomline golden)
sfr – kodash – deso (kodash was actually silver league ranked at that time)

Very ignorant if you read the thread you would know why it went downhill from there. And if we had the same people we had then , don’ you think we would be owning you guys with big margins? ( we are losing ATM)

I did read all the posts. Does this make you silver material? NO. Does this make you less valuable than place 5 you originally were? YES.

Also you seem to be more blind than me when it comes to reading posts. Considering the fact 1 of those matchups contains a server you EASILY beat twice during this season so far (AM). But you neglected to notice that and still use your “a few guilds left” excuse to explain your ABSOLUTELY bismal scores for a whole month. It’s not about ending 3rd. It’s also by how little points you scored in total in all those 4 weeks.

In my eyes AR and in lesser extent kodash are more silver material than you guys, but your pathetic tanking knocked them into golden league. And my guess, AR is now dead because everyone got tired of getting outblobbed by the real top 5.

The way i see the ranking of servers:
Top 5 seeing as SFR/VS/PS/JS/ER
6) BB
7) RS
8) Deso
9) Kodash
10) AR
11) Gandara
12) AM

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Decear.7089

Decear.7089

What just happened in lowlands ? o.o

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Great duel w/ a formidable Deso ele @ Bauer’s Estate, Gandara BL. Thank you!

The week is off to a great start, very interesting skirmishes. If it stays this close all week it will make for a hectic reset….more so.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Avish.7938

Avish.7938

What just happened in lowlands ? o.o

The Elonian, The Gangnam, The Sunspear, The Kournan, The Vabbian, The Istani.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Twinny.9304

Can’t really admit that we (Deso) have been arrogant. Besides few forum warriors we have quite frankly admitted that we usually under perform during prime time and have had to rely on our coverage.

While all this tanking and stuff have been discussed so many times, I will drop the facts once more:

1) It was decided in one of our server alliance meetings, that we will aim for silver. This was about 5 weeks before the leagues. Everyone did not agree.

2) This decision was based on our belief that we lack the coverage to compete in gold (now I can admit we were wrong). Nobody, I repeat NOBODY expected us to win silver. We just sincerely believed it was best for everyone on Deso to find good fights and equal servers in Silver.

3) As we lost most of our www-focused guilds nobody took any actual measures to pursue that goal ie. we tanked naturally. Can you really believe that any server can be so united that they can coordinate a 5 week tank?

3) When that decision was made, we lost DVG, FG, TEQ (they returned), War, Coin and a few others. Especially DVG at that time had about 40 % of our active commanders and most of our night force.

4) We knew we had a strong pve-population, but nobody expected that we will have 3 hour queues on a single border in the beginning of the leagues. And nobody liked it. Now we are trying to train our new www’ers and rebuild.

5) Most importantly, we have some individuals who have the time and passion to fight for Deso. They are responsible for most of our success. <3

Hi, if ur server chose to tank down to silver or not, has nothing to do with any other server and there is nothing any other server can do about it, so you should not have to feel the need to explain yourself. Personally, and please don’t take the wrong way, unfortunately I dont think u belong in silver or gold. You have too much coverage for silver and not enough to stay in gold, and if (depends on how anet play this) you do move to gold in next league I have a feeling you will be back down in silver the following league. However, from looking at this thread Im clearly speaking in the minority when I say it’s been a pleasure to fight with u, although I play mainly EU prime time, and at this time of day your on par with us all, and offer good fights.

Some people are also not understanding that since u (Deso) have a high PvE population, all after these WvW achievements mixed with 3hrs queue’s, some are still struggling to finish achievements because they have had longer queue’s than most servers. So some people’s usual prime time fights become later into the night than usual making ur night crew a little extra numbers than usual. PvE population + winning position = lots of fair-weathered players, which is why i dont think u will last in Gold league. Things like this has a knock on effect on opposing servers. Not sure if I worded this ^^ correctly but hope i’m getting my point across.

In regards to Gandara, I have always loved fighting Gandara. During the leagues and just before they have got alot stronger all round coverage. Which doesn’t change my feelings about fighting them at all, even if they have 100k up on us the fights are always awesome, and thats what I love about them.

And Deso you guys should have a league of ur own, the Gold Plated League lol, but i’m happy your here in silver for now

(edited by Twinny.9304)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Gadian.4792

Gadian.4792

I’ve enjoyed this match-up so far greatly because it has been so even and provided a lots of open field battles. It has been interesting to see how Deso keeps coming together step by step (and a few steps backwards every once in a while) trying to reforge itself to more united server and the fire needs to be provided for that. Gandara is really giving us a run for our money and I applaud you for it, keep giving the best you got and we’ll try to give it back! As to double teaming, I see it only as natural that you be focusing the more dangerous competition wether it be prearranged or not so no QQ from here.

Hats off for SoD, man I like your style of having fun and love dem videos!

Love from TLA, Gadi

Gadi ~ the pink norn of Desolation
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA]

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Rapsod.4629

Rapsod.4629

great fights this morning …………
keep on rollin guys and less forum posts more ingame kills please!

-Desolation -[PT]Mesmer/Necromancer

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: JanoRis.8703

JanoRis.8703

What a fun match-up thread..
Instead of reading all that: Why not look at SoD’s fun Last night <3

Nice Vid Emp. o/

As for the matchup, I am quite enjoying it so far. Had some nice fights without the need of zerging with commander. Yesterday evening almost all the fights in deso BL were done with single guild groups. Deso did a good job defending their keep for 10 minutes on guild lord, we thought we had it, but deso proved us wrong.

As for the “alliance”. There is none. We are killing everything that’s red. it might be possible that people/guilds decide to team up for one objective, but that is an exception and not in the control of a server. We are still fighting FSP . But hey, we want that first place, so our focus is ofc more on deso. But if there are points to be taken from FSP we will take them.

Edit: Also why do people always assume the winning server will go up a league. I have seen no comment on this. All i have seen is Anet saying the next league will be next year and the server qualification phase will be the same as for season 1, with minor changes thanks to feedback from the previous qualification.

(edited by JanoRis.8703)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

Enjoyed fighting against a Gandara Warrior named Painmachine from the guild Insert Coin [IC].

Allthough you don’t like loosing to a ranger, you lost 3 times haha.

Good fights, especially the last one was close.

Cya around !

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kinsmir.5623

Kinsmir.5623

Right now i’m more surprised that Gandara is still fairly close to Desolation in score.

This week is pretty important for both sides. If Gandara manages to win this week it means both servers are shared first (28 points) in the season. Everything else then depends on the final round between: Desolation vs Gandara vs Abaddon’s Mouth.

Still this week isn’t over yet but i hope that we actual get to this point so the silver league will have a massive final battle for the first place.

Gandara – Legacy of the Six [LotS]
Dune Doomforge

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

Desolation belongs to Gold league,but dont get me wrong what they did is pure awesomeness cause w/o them silver league would have been a boring league.
So thank you Deso guys much love and much lootbags please.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Right now i’m more surprised that Gandara is still fairly close to Desolation in score.

This week is pretty important for both sides. If Gandara manages to win this week it means both servers are shared first (28 points) in the season. Everything else then depends on the final round between: Desolation vs Gandara vs Abaddon’s Mouth.

Still this week isn’t over yet but i hope that we actual get to this point so the silver league will have a massive final battle for the first place.

I’m not so surprised. Gandara have shown fairly consistent improvement since before the start of the League and were always considered our main opponents along with AG and AM.

And I suspect the result for this week depends a lot on how many Fractal warriors Deso or Gandara have. I suspect that Deso will suffer more for the new LS coming out tomorrow.

But I’m really impressed by how well Gandara have risen to the challenge of the Deso night and morning team. If they win this week, they will have fully deserved it .. and it will make for a very intense week to end the League on.

Hmm .. maybe I should take a week off work next week.

Blood

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: MarzAttakz.9608

MarzAttakz.9608

Yeah mad props to Gandara, you’ve always been my favourite behind Deso.

The month I spent in Semper Dius [DIUS] before I stopped playing for a few months was glorious. I still miss those crazies from JUDGE. Frou Frou where you been and what ya been doing?

The next two weeks are going to be extremely exciting, who cares about a silver dolly when there are so many GF’s about?

YOU KNOW THERE AIN’T NO REST FOR THE WICKED, TILL WE CLOSE OUR EYES FOR GOOD.

Once proud member of Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG]{DESO4LIFE}

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dinamin.7083

Dinamin.7083

This video pretty much summs up this matchup enjoy!

The soldier= WvW Guilds

Civilian = The bessies

The Martyr = Tankolation’s Forum warriors

The Victum = the bards

The Warning = 404 warning not found ( my rallybots are working on it)

Prophet = nowhere in sight

The liar = I must not tell lies

The Honest = All the bards out there <3

The Leader = The mighty protecter of Bay commnely known as Günter

The Victor = Gandalf

The Forum Bard

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Deso being in Silver league it’s fine, if they tanked or not, like voluntary hard, like people not playing will never know for sure, but i’m pretty sure is not like that, they lost people, they tanked, lost rating.

Deso being arrogant, i saw few people that said that Deso was better than Ag, because they had more coverage, well people that think like that, are not playing WvW, they cleary can’t see it, or are Trolls, some of the Deso people on the forum, where respectfull i rememeber TLA and ExG.

Also remember that achivement and winning give them a massive boost in population.
Said that i really hope that next time i face Desolation i found action in primetime because last time was pretty empty and not that fun, points or no points.

If you’re angry that Desolation it’s in silver, the problem it’s the scoring system and coverage wars not the league itself.

GL everybody, probably not possibile GO FSP!

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

Looking at the overall coverage Gandara should be in Gold, they’ve got much more coverage than us and are more organised, apart from 5-9 am

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

Looking at the overall coverage Gandara should be in Gold, they’ve got much more coverage than us and are more organised, apart from 5-9 am

1/10 cheers for the laugh though!

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Ephedrine.4521

Ephedrine.4521

Did Desolation hire a PR team. I am not seeing the sha-kit-tay talking now like in the beginning of this thread.

The Ephed’s of [TanK]
-FSP-

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

Did Desolation hire a PR team. I am not seeing the sha-kit-tay talking now like in the beginning of this thread.

Ill think you’ll find AG doing the trolling on this match up, im all out of trolling just enjoying the fights

Asura – Desolation

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Shonex.5327

Shonex.5327

Ill think you’ll find AG doing the trolling on this match up, im all out of trolling just enjoying the fights

1 person from AG =/= Whole AG

I love Deso, my fav [EU] server besides AG, kick * of dem Gandarans for me :P

Member of: Cute But Devilish Inside [CUTE]
Ring of Fire [EU]

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

I’m new to this, but loving this match up.

During prime time, when all teams are full, Gandara beats up on Deso, taking the lead by several thousand points. Once Gandara goes to bed, Deso returns the favour, and by late morning they lead by several thousand points. Repeat. Back and forth… the stronger versus the better organized. Great stuff.

Cheers.

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Dyno.9467

During prime time, when all teams are full, Gandara beats up on Deso, taking the lead by several thousand points. Once Gandara goes to bed, Deso returns the favour, and by late morning they lead by several thousand points. Repeat. Back and forth… the stronger versus the better organized. Great stuff.

Cheers.

Glad you’re enjoying it, next week should be good, winner takes the league as both will be on 28 points (unless Abba win) then whoever finishes 2nd

Asura – Desolation

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Cheers.

Agree it’s a great match-up. Don’t necessarily agree with your assessment of Gandara’s prime-time superiority though. If you look at the current data, it looks a lot more balanced between Deso and Gandara .. mostly even .. it’s been mornings when both servers have had their best times. Yes, Gandara peaked yesterday for a short time but they’ve been pushing most of today, and this is where most of their points have been made over the last 2 1/2 days.

First test of Prime-time comes tonight (assume you mean between 7PM and 12AM GMT)

Blood

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

Personally, I have respect for Desolation. I started off at Deso during Beta, before moving to Underworld as the name seemed “cool”. Got some rl friends over there at Deso still, so I know a bit what goes on. I exactly know how Deso feels, as a very similar thing happened over at UW. UW had a guild like DVG, who basically carried the server to win against Gunnar’s, FSP etc, pretty short-lived though. So one day, some leaders decided that UW will tank into Bronze since they had no chance against servers like Gandara, Millers, Abaddon, Aurora etc. This proposal stroke the community like a meteor, resulting in the loss of that particular guild like DVG. Seeing the major offensive guild leaving, those who proposed about it, they left. Major defensive guilds disbanded. When there was no hope, I left as well.

So I respect Deso in this matter, that even after these major demises, they managed to be at the top of silver with their PvE population, as they have the best organized community. UW couldn’t tank into bronze as the community there I think is the worst in EU, resulting in Blacktide v2 as it was the 2nd time UW lost it’s wvwers. (First being loss of guilds like UW Battalion back in the days). Anyway, all these history stuff is just to explain how exactly I know what Desolation has gone through.

Guilds coming back to Deso after league? That’s not happening. I wanted to join DVG when they were on Deso (long before league announcement), and talked to them. So when I finally decided to join, before leagues, they moved to Piken. Now in Piken they are broken into pieces and DVG is pretty much a PvX guild now. So yeah, that theory is totally wrong.

WvW is all about fights, and sometimes defending to me. Enjoying those a lot in this matchup. Specially the fights. Enjoyed fights against GoD, TLA etc. Both Deso and Gandara has pretty nice roamers.

Alliance? Really? We couldn’t take Deso T3 bay in FSP borders because of some heavy defending all day/night. But that didn’t prevent us from kitten ing at the North over and over again. So Gandara took this opportunity and hit you from South, and took it, simply they didn’t like a Deso WP. We didn’t have the numbers and organization to cap it. So STAHP this conspiracy theories, blaming each other thingy and trolling, simply enjoy the matchup before Random matchup crap starts again.

To the Deso forum trolls, who are saying FSP are lootbags. Keep in mind, you also drop lootbags too lol. When you pugs form up a blob with a WvW guild of 50 people, you can pretty much wipe any guild group of 20-25 people, unless we gather 2 guilds together and jump on you, you scatter like ants. This is for you..

Attachments:

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by demetrodon.1457)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Grym.4295

Grym.4295

Cheers, Mac.

You may be right. As I said, I’m new to both GW and, especially, WvW. This is only my second week. What I noticed, however, was that, like today, Gandara pulls ahead when the server is full. This morning, after the graveyard shift, Deso led by 2000. Right now, after a day of fighting, Gandara leads by 3500.

I am, admittedly, a fan of Occam’s Razor

The slave dreams not of freedom, but of becoming the master.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: ildjarn.7321

ildjarn.7321

Go Gandara, go FS! Your teamwork is looking good! Do you guys use voice communication btw?

Näin on.

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Questular.8359

Questular.8359

nvm, enjoying the fights

Necro KALE guild
FSP Server.

(edited by Questular.8359)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: eremos.8142

eremos.8142

Go Gandara, go FS! Your teamwork is looking good! Do you guys use voice communication btw?

You made me lol, I <3 you.

Also, yes we do.

Xander Moss
Gandara

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

1 person from AG =/= Whole AG

I love Deso, my fav [EU] server besides AG, kick * of dem Gandarans for me :P

and I was actually counter trolling :P

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

Could you please refrain from calling names in this thread? Hate all you want but be civil at same time.

Personally I love this MU, so many fights everywhere and so intense!

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Griszek.9014

Griszek.9014

that’s why they intentionally dropped.

Imho for this whole serwer should be banned for season – playing fair or not play at all

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

that’s why they intentionally dropped.

Imho for this whole serwer should be banned for season – playing fair or not play at all

Your IQ must be really low if you believe what another user says without concrete proof.

(edited by Nev.5316)

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: WingedWolfy.5621

WingedWolfy.5621

Sorry to the deso mesmer that got trapped in the pillar at south camp was going to only let you go down to see if the downed skill would move you but got distracted for a second and went into auto spike mode when it did.

Wolfy Fluffypaw – S/D Thief – Desolation
Guilds – [ID] / [Perv] / [HUGS]

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

Really sorry for stomping the Underworld Batallion Guardian, you know..old history from UW.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Personally, I have respect for Desolation. I started off at Deso during Beta, before moving to Underworld as the name seemed “cool”. Got some rl friends over there at Deso still, so I know a bit what goes on. I exactly know how Deso feels, as a very similar thing happened over at UW. UW had a guild like DVG, who basically carried the server to win against Gunnar’s, FSP etc, pretty short-lived though. So one day, some leaders decided that UW will tank into Bronze since they had no chance against servers like Gandara, Millers, Abaddon, Aurora etc. This proposal stroke the community like a meteor, resulting in the loss of that particular guild like DVG. Seeing the major offensive guild leaving, those who proposed about it, they left. Major defensive guilds disbanded. When there was no hope, I left as well.

So I respect Deso in this matter, that even after these major demises, they managed to be at the top of silver with their PvE population, as they have the best organized community. UW couldn’t tank into bronze as the community there I think is the worst in EU, resulting in Blacktide v2 as it was the 2nd time UW lost it’s wvwers. (First being loss of guilds like UW Battalion back in the days). Anyway, all these history stuff is just to explain how exactly I know what Desolation has gone through.

Guilds coming back to Deso after league? That’s not happening. I wanted to join DVG when they were on Deso (long before league announcement), and talked to them. So when I finally decided to join, before leagues, they moved to Piken. Now in Piken they are broken into pieces and DVG is pretty much a PvX guild now. So yeah, that theory is totally wrong.

WvW is all about fights, and sometimes defending to me. Enjoying those a lot in this matchup. Specially the fights. Enjoyed fights against GoD, TLA etc. Both Deso and Gandara has pretty nice roamers.

Alliance? Really? We couldn’t take Deso T3 bay in FSP borders because of some heavy defending all day/night. But that didn’t prevent us from kitten ing at the North over and over again. So Gandara took this opportunity and hit you from South, and took it, simply they didn’t like a Deso WP. We didn’t have the numbers and organization to cap it. So STAHP this conspiracy theories, blaming each other thingy and trolling, simply enjoy the matchup before Random matchup crap starts again.

To the Deso forum trolls, who are saying FSP are lootbags. Keep in mind, you also drop lootbags too lol. When you pugs form up a blob with a WvW guild of 50 people, you can pretty much wipe any guild group of 20-25 people, unless we gather 2 guilds together and jump on you, you scatter like ants. This is for you..

actually, the loss of T3 Bay in FSP was not due to any alliance, or conspiracy. It was because the main force of our zerg was AFK in spawn “re-organizing” before heading out. By the time they actually DID head out, both Gandara and FSP was banging at the inner walls with two large zergs.

Losing bay was 100% deso’s own darn fault.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

deso/gandalf/fsp

in Match-ups

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Yeah mad props to Gandara, you’ve always been my favourite behind Deso.

The month I spent in Semper Dius [DIUS] before I stopped playing for a few months was glorious. I still miss those crazies from JUDGE. Frou Frou where you been and what ya been doing?

The next two weeks are going to be extremely exciting, who cares about a silver dolly when there are so many GF’s about?

Hidely hodely Lhylytherino and welcome back from hiatus :> Sadly I won’t be able to play hide and seek with you in EB since I’m currently hopping around, seeking for small scale action in bronze league till the season ends. Most of the JDGElings are taking a break and/or running under TDA tag these days (you might actually be able to spot few mad JDGEs in this match up as some dudes are giving another go for GW2).

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest