Posted by: Volcano.3918

Volcano.3918

BUMP FOR ANVIL ROCK

Zero Warlord (AR)

Anvil Rock - Full of Potential

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dovgan.8605

Dovgan.8605

What a lot of other tiers are not aware of is the population imbalances in the lower tiers are extreme. Many of the servers in the bottom 3 tiers have plenty of manpower but lack the basic tools to do well outside the tier they are in. We have seen servers with well above the population we saw in T5 in T6-T8, but they are generally players who want to feel better about their ability by avoiding the PvP in WvW until they greatly outnumber. Not saying it’s the wrong way to win vs. lower populations, it works fine. It just becomes a stumbling block when these groups run into servers with numbers to match.

You don’t have that on Anvil Rock(for the most part). Most players and guilds here will actively seek out fights, enjoy the challenge of holding off and/or beating greater numbers(we have been doing it since the BP/EB campaign) and take pride in doing so.

If you are a guild or player looking to make a jump, you like to mix it up, are looking for more than just yourself to charge headlong into insane odds, then this is the place for you. If you want to make a name for yourself or your guild, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a zerg to hide behind and a free ride, there are other options out there.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger
http://www.anvilrockserver.com
[LPC] [KAOS] – Killing As Organized Sport

in Looking for...

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

What a lot of other tiers are not aware of is the population imbalances in the lower tiers are extreme. Many of the servers in the bottom 3 tiers have plenty of manpower but lack the basic tools to do well outside the tier they are in. We have seen servers with well above the population we saw in T5 in T6-T8, but they are generally players who want to feel better about their ability by avoiding the PvP in WvW until they greatly outnumber. Not saying it’s the wrong way to win vs. lower populations, it works fine. It just becomes a stumbling block when these groups run into servers with numbers to match.

You don’t have that on Anvil Rock(for the most part). Most players and guilds here will actively seek out fights, enjoy the challenge of holding off and/or beating greater numbers(we have been doing it since the BP/EB campaign) and take pride in doing so.

If you are a guild or player looking to make a jump, you like to mix it up, are looking for more than just yourself to charge headlong into insane odds, then this is the place for you. If you want to make a name for yourself or your guild, this is the place for you. If you are looking for a zerg to hide behind and a free ride, there are other options out there.

I would argue that we have been doing for a much longer time then the BP/EB campaign, lets not forget BP/GoM & BP/NSP not to mention the other servers that we came against while battling BP. We’ve been outnumbered from day 1 and while at the time BP was outnumbered by EB its fair to say that BP has always outnumbered us and yet has been our most fought enemy over time.

I’ve also heard rumors that some of the BP guilds plan to migrate down for whatever reason, I would like to invite our brothers in arms to join us. You know what AR is all about, you know we are stubborn and refuse to give up, and there is plenty of opposing servers with small – large groups to smack around.

Come home friends, we have Beer and Pizza.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Bubbles.4937

Bubbles.4937

Hey guys heres to the bottom 5 becoming closer and more competitive. Heres my rap up of the bottom 5 and I’ll post on all 5 in the hope they grow too. There are 3 groups out of those 5. DR/ET, AR then EB/Kain

DR/ET: These two are almost indistinguishable DR has a stronger NA crew but the ET nightcrew is massive. Either with a few transfers could be extremely competitive. Dr with oceanic tfrs and ET with NA. My pick is ET as NA guilds are easier to find, but if DR can grow their night crew they will dominate. Last match up DR won by 3k so too close to call with transfers.

AR: AR has bounced back then sunk then bounced back again. Currently they are in a slump. NA weak and oceanic is average. Would need a fair amount of transfers to compete with DR/ET but not out of the question.

EB/Kain: These two have both fallen and died. Kain has been 24th for awhile and EB is new to the bottom places. Its sad to see this happen. Lets hope they move up but it would take massive transfers.

Hope this helps and good luck all.

ET Raider

in Looking for...

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

ET does love its nightcapping. If you look at Mos you can see we ticked 500 during NA against them almost every day after reset. They’ve lost every single serious wvw guild there for a reason. That server houses some really disrespectful players. Personally, I would never go back.

We have weaker spots but can be fixed by just a couple guilds moving down. Our strong roaming core, spvp/tpvp is pretty tight… but that’s the story of the lower tiers. I think each of us can be super competitive if we had 1-2 larger guilds join us.

Shoutout to Kain – respect the hell out of these guys. Always outnumbered never lose spirit. Honestly, I’d pay to see how these guys would fare if they had the population.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

in Looking for...

Posted by: An Agreeable Chap.7096

An Agreeable Chap.7096

I just got the game and started on Anvil Rock with no info at all, just grabbed a world and went with it. Community here seems cool though, I look forward to playing with some of you guys.

in Looking for...

Nuzt.7894

Welcome to the game and Anvil Rock, glad to have you !

in Looking for...

SniffyCube.6107

Join the dolyak army today!

Attachments:

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Looking for...

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

^ Yes join the dolyak army. bump for AR

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

Posted by: barbatoblast.9245

barbatoblast.9245

Join the dolyak army today!

This is just one example of how the members of AR are a fun-loving group. Dolyak army, lol. I love it.

Ovander
[TBT]

in Looking for...

Posted by: CornChips.5392

CornChips.5392

In honor of free transfers, here’s a video from AR to you all.

CornChips | Sylvari Guardian |
Dvaita Vedanta | Human Mesmer|
The Fluttering Horde [TFH] | CD

in Looking for...

CornChips.5392

Also bump
/15char

in Looking for...

Posted by: Helzy.4036

Helzy.4036

Already receiving some transfers, looking forward to seasons, welcome to all our new peoples.

in Looking for...

Nuzt.7894

Bumping and Welcome to our new guilds.

in Looking for...

SniffyCube.6107

Bumping and Welcome to our new guilds.

Same – welcome guys!

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Looking for...

Posted by: Helzy.4036

Helzy.4036

Looking forward to the season

Bump

in Looking for...

Posted by: DaMikenatr.7041

DaMikenatr.7041

Bump for AR! Awesome group of people who we always enjoy going up against! They like to bring out the fights and it’s always so hard for us to say no!

Tsyborg – human guardian – commander
Vicious Instinct [VI]

in Looking for...

SniffyCube.6107

Bump for AR! Awesome group of people who we always enjoy going up against! They like to bring out the fights and it’s always so hard for us to say no!

Thanks, <3 GoM

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Looking for...

Nuzt.7894

Love our GoM friends, we will see you guys on the field.

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

AR is really starting to pick up steam and is continually growing stronger each day as a community and in WvW. Join while you can and be a part of something special!

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

SniffyCube.6107

AR is really starting to pick up steam and is continually growing stronger each day as a community and in WvW. Join while you can and be a part of something special!

yup and to gain any kind of edge this is what DR has to do – at least I know where our siege is vanishing to lol

must really be threatened to lose against AR :P

Attachments:

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

in Looking for...

Nuzt.7894

Dirty spies deys aftur ma precious.

in Looking for...

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

Yes. But we believe this incident to be isolated and not reflective of the whole of AR. As for my second point that guy from TFT who transferred to Kaineng is not spying as he is just playing around (I was having good duelling and partying with them) This is the same with the DR players you see in that photo. They are just enjoying the free transfers to fight their buddies.

We are having a great back and forth match up the whole week. And these “bags with legs” are currently holding that slim lead. GG and GF.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in Looking for...

Dovgan.8605

We are having a great back and forth match up the whole week. And these “bags with legs” are currently holding that slim lead. GG and GF.

Doors don’t fight back.
Don’t kid yourself. PPT is about who can cap and hold objectives, and who can cover those better, either by communication(if server numbers are even) or numbers. You are doing it with numbers, what happens when you hit a server that matches them? When we can occupy 15+ with 4 players for over 20 minutes and keep sending them back to the WP something isn’t right. The only thing that finally moved us a few days ago was when OHai joined in and helped out. You should be thankful you have them on DR.
Coming to another recruitment thread and bashing a server would be like me posting videos on how “good” DR does against us when we run small groups on the DR thread.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in Looking for...

Nuzt.7894

I think alvinjason is from Kain Dov, and is saying Kain had a guy transfer to their server as well for “fun”.

@ alvinjason Whether they are there for fun or free transfers or whatever you can bet your kitten at some point our movements and numbers were being reported, when the match is as close as it is there is no excuse.

I don’t blame DR for the actions of these two and actually have some respect for DR for taking care of it for us but I now have ZERO respect for those two guilds. I’m sorry but I don’t buy the “oh they were just there for fun and free transfers” excuse, they weren’t in a remote area fighting friends, no, they were always within proximity of our main forces.

They can use every excuse in the book until they are blue in the face but the fact remains they were there to relay info.

This isn’t really a topic for our recruitment thread though, the issue has been dealt with as far as I know.

Bump for AR

in Looking for...

Posted by: yogasmara.9346

yogasmara.9346

Bump for Anvil Rock

Noirce
[TBT] The Black Tides
Anvil Rock

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

what noirce said ^

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mark Ryan.1078

Mark Ryan.1078

Since this is a recruitment thread for AR and not a place to air out any dirty laundry, let me say that AR is a solid group of good fighters in the Bronze league. If you are making the move to AR you will be in good company as they are incredibly persistent, well organized and creative in open field. Coming from HoD in DR we always have a good time fighting them, and much respect to TBT, Inc, and zero to name a few. If you are already transferring to AR you will not be disappointed.

Golden- chill thief/engi

in Looking for...

Nuzt.7894

Since this is a recruitment thread for AR and not a place to air out any dirty laundry, let me say that AR is a solid group of good fighters in the Bronze league. If you are making the move to AR you will be in good company as they are incredibly persistent, well organized and creative in open field. Coming from HoD in DR we always have a good time fighting them, and much respect to TBT, Inc, and zero to name a few. If you are already transferring to AR you will not be disappointed.

Thanks friend, I’m not sure if your from HoD or DR both have my respect, all servers have a bad egg or two, unfortunately its just the reality of every server.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Ryyman.2196

Ryyman.2196

That’s me in one of those screenshots above. I’ve gotten a lot of heat about this in-game, so I felt I should post here to clarify a few things.

1. We did not transfer to AR to spy, steal your siege, or report your zerg’s whereabouts. I literally could not care less about PPT. PPT is broken in this game and any half-wit can probably realize that, so lighten up. I play wvw to have fun. And iirc, the zerg actually approached us in that segment. So to say we were ‘always in proximity of your main forces’ is bs.

2. I personally transferred to AR for the week to have fun. It’s interesting fighting against a server you’re usually allied with, seeing them with red names. Like someone above said, taking advantage of the free transfers for the week to mess around. We had no ill intentions doing this. Sorry if I offended some people lol.

3. I NEVER gave out info that could change the course of the match. I was never in contact with any DR in the matchup other than my guildies, and they share the same belief I do with PPT.

That’s my side of the story. I’m not ashamed to come here and post because I know I did nothing wrong. It’s not the first time I, or my guild, have done this. Believe whatever you want, but I thought I would clear this up because I’m getting kinda sick of hearing about this in-game.

in Looking for...

Nuzt.7894

You can understand the concern ? I mean DR freaked out because 1 TBT went on your forums, I’m sure DR would have been screeming spy if one of us showed up on DR tagged up. I’m sure no offence was intended, the fact that you came and explained yourself and intention instead of going all forum frenzy like kyro speaks volumes. It happened, both sides should just move on. No harm no foul.

in Looking for...

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

yay, this is the new matchup thread!

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in Looking for...

Dovgan.8605

Over the last few weeks, some really good close competitive match ups on AR. Lots of fights pretty much all over. Tired of the higher tiers and impending season queues? You should give AR a look.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Just want to say I’m really impressed with some of the new faces I’ve seen on AR. It seems like everybody that is transferring over appreciates a good fight instead of just zerging up. I know numbers are important but I’ll take quality over quantity any day.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Looking for...

Posted by: Mariticide.1970

Mariticide.1970

To the top with you! We’re doing very well and getting some great fights and ample bags. Come on down!

Mariticide – Anvil Rock
Guardian – [KAOS] – Killing as Organized Sport
Personal Guild – [BOOK] – Librarians Anonymous

in Looking for...

Dovgan.8605

Nothing like good fights and close matches. AR get’s a lot of opportunities for both.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in Looking for...

Posted by: Whispering.8672

Whispering.8672

Come join us on Anvil Rock! Everyone has different play styles and so do we. We have guilds for everyone. We are also working hard to create a more cohesive server. With transfers being free right now come give us a try!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Amanra.3875

Amanra.3875

I’ve been on AR since Beta. We have gone through a lot of heavy changes since the beginning. But I have never seen an AR group run away. And some fights go on for a long time, especially with even up to +50% on the other side. We can turn a group, like we turned our position in the standings in WvW. If you guys want to get on a server where you will definitely dominate your opposition, Come and check out AR. Check out the fun…

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Dovgan.8605

I’ve been on AR since Beta. We have gone through a lot of heavy changes since the beginning. But I have never seen an AR group run away. And some fights go on for a long time, especially with even up to +50% on the other side. We can turn a group, like we turned our position in the standings in WvW. If you guys want to get on a server where you will definitely dominate your opposition, Come and check out AR. Check out the fun…

No one ever told us running away was an option.

Dovgan lvl 80 Ranger

in Looking for...

Nuzt.7894

Running away isn’t an option, killing superior numbers is what AR does, just think of the other servers as walking loot bags, why would anyone run from a loot bag let alone several loot bags.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

No one ever told us running away was an option.

With the way we are usually outnumbered running away isn’t an option. If we turn we are just attacking in a different direction.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Looking for...

Posted by: Alysia.4635

Alysia.4635

LoL. Hard times tempered us.
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned”

in Looking for...

CornChips.5392

So interesting match up, current rank 17 FC is losing to rank 20 and very close to losing to us too. Kain is also now beating ET and EBay and GOM who are rank 19 are beating 16 and 18. I mention this because it’s starting to look like the bronze league is going to be super competetive and unpredictable. AR could very well score highly. Full of potential indeed. So come check us out, guest if you please, we will happily talk to you about our friendly community.

Everyone makes a difference here.

(edited by CornChips.5392)

in Looking for...

Posted by: LovesToSpooge.6917

LovesToSpooge.6917

Bumping for Anvil Rock! See you guys around.

The Black Tides [TBT]
Captian Lysander
Manvil Rock

in Looking for...

Posted by: FreeRide.2547

FreeRide.2547

Join AR and I’ll drop something for you.

FreeRide GOM

in Looking for...

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Why? Because we are Anvil Rock. Welcome to WvW!

Attachments:

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Volcano.3918

Volcano.3918

We Welcome u All to AR
JOIN US ND ULL NEVER LEAVE!!

Zero Warlord (AR)

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

If your looking for a great community and fun fights in WvW, AR is the place to be! Join us!

shit guardian on maguuma

in Looking for...

Posted by: Dosvidaniya.3260

Dosvidaniya.3260

True story.

Come to Anvil Rock. Our opponents drop precursors!

in Looking for...

MadBomber.3719

True story.

Come to Anvil Rock. Our opponents drop precursors!

it’s true i got a Leaf of Kudzu

shit guardian on maguuma