SBI WvW Events! All are welcome to join!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

The time is now.

SBI needs you more than ever. You have been abroad, learning new and better ways to fight. It is time to return home. Bring that experience you have and bring our server to it’s former glory.

Those of us who had remained, kept home safe and well for you. We are waiting patiently for you, our brothers and sisters.

If you need help returning, please post here or on the SBI forums www.stormbluffisle.com and we will assist.

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

This is funny.

I don’t know if I could welcome the guilds that abandoned CD for TC back. It felt like a betrayal. I guess you are a bigger man than me.

PS. if we ever fight TC again (and we just might because nothing can stop the death star) I’m going to troll the dolyak parade so hard!

Good luck SBI

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

Current SBI NA and SEA WvW. Come be a part of this steadily improving community.

*This post was updated 27/01/2014

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

SAHP come back to SBI. Anything you need to return home, let me know, I will find a way.

I will talk to SSQ when I have a chance.

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

What we’ve been doing lately. Organized WvW with top tier tactics adopted from SoR.

Watch the mini map for flowing combat maneuvers. Flanks, pincers, hammer and anvils are all there.

The Art of War. Join us.

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

I left SBI for Kaineng right before the end of free transfers. It was not an easy decision to make, but I have no regrets about the time I spent on Kain. I learned new things, figured out what I like to do and what I’m best at. They’re good people, and there were good fights, but they too were hit really hard when War Machine decided to leave, just as they had done when they were on SBI many months ago.

Anyway, I returned to SBI and have been very glad I did. I really like the community, and I see a lot of people working hard and putting in sometimes-long hours, both for the love of the game and a desire to do well as a server.

I really appreciate that non-commanders and commanders alike are generally very open to well timed, helpful input and suggestion.

Like with any server, we encounter bumps in the road from time to time, but we do seem to have the foundation necessary to roll over them, rather than drive ourselves into a ditch. We also for the most part work together to both be more effective, and have more fun.

So yes, SBI is still a great place to be. We would love to have our old comrades back in the fold, and could especially use more players to cover non NA prime times.

in Looking for...

Posted by: PariahX.6970

PariahX.6970

SBI were always our favorite foes back in the good ole days. It broke my heart to see you guys take your fall but I had always heard great things about the community there so I knew you guys could keep it going. Glad to hear your hardcores are still kicking hard. Keep fighting the solid fight SBI, with a little perseverance you will make more great things happen soon! Best Wishes! Miss you guys! <3

~Xylla~ [oG] on Ehmry Bay [PiXi]
Xyleia Luxuria / Sweet Little Agony / Morning Glory Wine / Precious Illusionz /
Near Fanstastica /Ocean at the End / Blue Eyed Hexe / Andro Queen / Indie Cindee . . .

in Looking for...

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

A little note from a frequent competitor, I hope some folks do come home to SBI. They do more with fewer WvW focused guilds than anyone in NA.

I can’t speak to the rest of their community and gaming, but they’ve been good sports and they don’t give up.

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

A little note from a frequent competitor, I hope some folks do come home to SBI. They do more with fewer WvW focused guilds than anyone in NA.

I can’t speak to the rest of their community and gaming, but they’ve been good sports and they don’t give up.

Anyways, here’s what we been doing. WvW Events for Organized WvW. This was the Lionguard event during AR/IoJ matchup. We wore Gold and pwned in style.

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

The Lion Guard.

Attachments:

in Looking for...

Posted by: Loren Michael.7891

Loren Michael.7891

We’re currently running lots of weekly events to help get everyone on SBI on the same playing field – covering basics for the new players who are joining us, and also raising the game of the people that we’ve earned our battle scars with over the past 11 months (has it been THAT long?!). This is a full-on community based effort, pulling from the collective wisdom of all of our best players, and sharing it with the community as a whole.

It’s a great time to be on SBI. Come find out more. Come home.

www.stormbluffisle.com

Marcus Dairy / Loren Michael
Guild Leader of [KT] Knights Templar
www.knights-templar.com/www.stormbluffisle.com

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

CHECK OUT THE AWESOME PLAYER EVENTS ON SBI!!!

http://www.stormbluffisle.com/

in Looking for...

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I have come home to help SBI rise from the ashes!

in Looking for...

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I left SBI in…January? I looked to return in March, but it kind of felt “elitist”. I haven’t found that perfect guild to join yet, so Im mainly a solo player. But if I ever wanted to pony up the $$ for a commander, I hear you guys frown on ppl wearing the tag unless its approved or OK’d by the folks currently in WvW and if there wouldnt be too many people representing Commander. I know a lot of top tier servers probably have a similar attitude toward too many people wearing the commander tag, as it can lead to confusion if you dont know what you’re doing…but telling someone not to wear it is an even worse.

Has this sort of attitude changed?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Looking for...

Loren Michael.7891

We’ve grown accustomed as of late to a double tag approach, and it’s a lot of fun. You can check out that kind of system working in the Art of War video that Yulo posted up above in the thread somewhere. I haven’t heard any of the behavior you’re referring to anytime in the last few months, as I’ve been getting back into it myself after taking a break.

No delusions of grandeur here. Just a server having a romping good time and doing its best to rebuild our forces. Come back to check out the website and our events! Next week some of the ladies (myself included) will be tagging up for an all lady command night. Fun times to be had!

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

No tag or many tags it’s really all ok because more people are using the server Teamspeak and communication is very much improved.

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

cesmode, I play on the BL maps all the time and don’t find any kind of elitist attitude. Sure there are some people and commanders more intense and demanding than others, but I suspect you’ll find that on most any server, and the overall attitude is a lot more about having fun while accomplishing goals, as opposed to elitist.

As far as multiple tags, we do often have 2 on the map, and occasionally more. I think the thing is, every person with a tag needs to be willing to work with the other commanders. Sometimes that means tagging up for running multiple zergs or multiple lines in a zerg, and sometimes that means tagging down to concentrate forces. The key is not to just run a tag because one feels like it – it should serve a purpose, and be done in coordination with the other commander(s) on the map.

in Looking for...

Loren Michael.7891

bump, bump bump it up! /dance

in Looking for...

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Any smaller, casual yet active guilds on SBI recruiting?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Eosphoros.4987

Eosphoros.4987

(edited by Eosphoros.4987)

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

Recalling all players like Boo Boo, Nacho and gang, your trebs are missed and treb mastery must be a dream come true for you.

[TB] The Balance, [SF] Strike Force, [DA] Decisive Action, [SAHP] SSQ and Her Happy Partners, [Ph] Phillipine Heroes, [UL] Ultimate Legion, [Rage] Vihar and many others!

Fannwong, Teckincal Alt, Nokaru and all the other WvW veterans and leaders, WvW on SBI is picking up like never before. Exciting times! You must come and see!

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

With the upcoming changes to WvW, now may be a good time to reconsider coming home.

Your guilds on SBI are as you left them.

Your experience abroad will enrich our growing server community.

Let’s create a new beginning.

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

Recent Influence drive for SBI’s wvw server guild, a place where we share resources for the benefit of our server in wvw. We had alot of people tagging [SBI] (not captured in video) for the 2 hours of the event.

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Posted by: milknnuts.8610

milknnuts.8610

I’ve been away for quite awhile now so I’ve missed alot of what has transpired in game.
I remember SBI being home to the fiercest collection of wvw pugs in the game. The best fighters I’ve seen and played with lb/lb. Always undermanned against HoD, JQ, and SoS, but getting things done all the same.
So I’ve been considering coming home but I mainly play during SEA time and I wouldn’t wanna play in a ghost town. Back when I was in SBI, there were few of us during SEA, it was just mainly wm and a few others jumping map to map. So how is the current picture of the server during SEA primetime? Are there SEA/oceanic guilds and players focused on wvw?

in Looking for...

Posted by: playard.6035

playard.6035

So I’ve been considering coming home but I mainly play during SEA time and I wouldn’t wanna play in a ghost town. Back when I was in SBI, there were few of us during SEA, it was just mainly wm and a few others jumping map to map. So how is the current picture of the server during SEA primetime? Are there SEA/oceanic guilds and players focused on wvw?

Check and ask people in the following thread?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/Why-Stormbluff-Isle-is-the-Place-to-be/2535844
[RISE] originally on GoM recently has joined SBI. I personally hate them when I was on DR. q:

I saw many of them from Australia on their TS channel. There were maybe 10 or more people on that channel. Also I saw people from east, northeast or southeast, Asia on the TS, too.

Deko* — Die-hard PvE-in-WvW veteran & noob commander
map chat spammer, siege lover/hater, and, well, I care bears.
League of Ex-Siegers, nonetheLEXS, for now, still Rest on Stormbluff Isle

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

I’m in SEA time zone from Singapore. Confirm Garantee Plus Chop [SG] runs that time. Not large group about 10 people. It cannot compare to the higher ranked server’s Asia/Oceanic pop atm, but it has good potential for growth.

This is today’s Reset Night WvW Event: SERVER BONDING NIGHT!

http://stormbluffisle.com/index.php/forum/wvw/2585-wvw-event-server-bonding-sbi

Where as many SBIers as possible were encouraged to represent the server [SBI] for an EPIC night out!

Enjoy.

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

SBI has come a long way. Twisted Effect [TE] and Mad Life [ML] are home grown. I am glad most of the guilds that joined us are well versed in higher tier tactics.

Still waiting for you and Strike Force [SF] to return home Jed.

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Newbkakes.4971

Newbkakes.4971

http://youtu.be/zOmITC1XyTs
Bhamping. This was 9/27 reset night in YBBL

Wipin zergs since 2012
Former Too Kitten [BÆST] leader/founder
[TBT] The Black Tides since ’14

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

It is hard for many of you to return because you have settled into your new servers, but there are still ways to help your once beloved home SBI if you are still interested.

I have started a project to have experienced players/commanders come and visit SBI and conduct training sessions for SBI’s growing WvW guilds.

Currently ex-SBIer Fannwong [TW] is making an effort and sacrificing some of his time to come on SBI to train Twisted Effect [TE], one of SBI’s home grown WvW guilds.

The training is very beneficial for participants and trainer alike, as they learn from each other and improve.

If you would like to be involved in this project as a guest trainer, pls send me a message here or in-game and I will get in touch with you.

Guilds on SBI pls also msg me if you are interested as [TE] is to receive such WvW training. I can set up sessions for you.

in Looking for...

Posted by: milknnuts.8610

milknnuts.8610

Fannwong is such a class act. Helpful as always.
Gotta say I miss seeing his name on world chat. =)
Good luck out there sbi’ers!

in Looking for...

Posted by: SsQ.3681

SsQ.3681

Yulo you are so cool =)

Ssq And Her Happy Partners [SAHP]

Ssq

in Looking for...

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

Yulo you are so cool =)

Come to SBI so I can practice my Chinese before I go back to China this coming summer

Star Player
[KEK]

(edited by Radioactive.1248)

in Looking for...

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I got my eyes on this server

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Khaoz.2160

Khaoz.2160

Are there any guilds with small groups/roamers on SBI?

Khaoz
SBI

in Looking for...

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I actually would like to know this as well

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Khaoz.2160

Khaoz.2160

Too bad, no one to answer. :/

Khaoz
SBI

in Looking for...

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Too bad, no one to answer. :/

Yes, we have small guilds that roam. Also, some of the larger guilds, like Abyss, utilize roamers, and scouts, as well as a zerg.

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

This month’s Server Guild Influence Drive!

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

Welcome back War Machine [WM]/[CA] in the form of Solid Under Pressure [SUPR]!

SBI going to be a Korean powerhouse once again!!

Enjoy Part II of this month’s Server Influence Drive.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Need more Koreans.

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

Nov 2 : EXTRA LIFE EVENT on SBI! Alot of fun lined up! Come join our teamspeak and participate!

http://www.stormbluffisle.com/index.php/commnews/item/272-extra-life-teamsbi

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

SBI can use some EU TZ WvW guilds. Our maps are very empty that time. There is lots of room to grow.

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

Yes we have gaps in OCX/SEA and EU. Come and be a part of our all-rounded community and make a significant difference.

Server Community Website and Forum
http://www.stormbluffisle.com

Our very own Server Match Breakdown (Courtesy of [SG])
http://www.stormbluffisle.org/wvw

Join us before it’s too late! Latest recall is Lord Hide/Hide Chicken ex-[WM] now [KOR] has returned home to SBI!!!

This is the server everyone wants to get a piece of. Exciting times await!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Newbkakes.4971

Newbkakes.4971

http://youtu.be/HpbyO7bKosg latest montage from BEAST on SBI!

This server never gives up, keep it up guys!

Wipin zergs since 2012
Former Too Kitten [BÆST] leader/founder
[TBT] The Black Tides since ’14

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

Come join our server and be a part of the Latest Community Event!!!

SBI WvW Video Contest!
http://www.stormbluffisle.com/index.php/forum/wvw/2953-sbi-wvw-video-contest#28637

Almost 3000 Community Members have joined since the start! 2981 right now!

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

Thanks to Kasumi Gotoo (Steven Chow.6823 – SoR Best Scout, now in JQ) for leading SBI’s Scout Workshop! Many people learnt alot of amazing tips for scouting!

Scouting will never be the same!

http://stormbluffisle.com/

Scout Workshop Review + video links in Private section of Forums.

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

Looking for a server with a true community feel that spans not just WvW but the whole GW2 universe?

Stormbluffisle is where you will find your home.

With frequent Player Created Events such as Map Completion Runs, Weekly Jumping Puzzle and Temple Runs, WvW Training Workshops, Fun WvW Events, Screenshot and Video Contests, you won’t find another server that gives you more!

Come to our latest Video Contest and VOTE your favourite video!

http://stormbluffisle.com/index.php/forum/wvw/3058-vote-sbi-wvw-video-contest

All are welcome to vote! The power is in your hands!

in Looking for...

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

There is still lots of room to grow! We are looking for more BL-focused players all around time zones willing to work with one another and keep SBI’s momentum going, even on tough match ups

Commander Nachonix

in Looking for...

Jyeoi.6027

We just completed a Server Influence Drive and together as a server, we raised 27k influence in 24hours! Beating the old record of 7k by miles!

Thank you for all the effort and teamwork SBI!

We as a server are looking for OCX WvW guilds to help us give some challenge to OCX heavy servers we face.

We also have room in all TZs for growth with several of our WvW guilds looking to recruit. Come join SBI today!

(edited by Jyeoi.6027)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

My guild and i have recently joined SBI. i have to say that the community here is 10x better than our old server. Everyone has been very helpful and fitting into the WvW scene here was seamless. We have been guarding our home BL and running havoc squads in enemy BL’s ever since. Dozens of people are always in the public TS organized and ready to go. on behalf of Rebel Dps [ReD]…thank you SBI for making us feel at home here!

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch