Stormbluff Isle - Attitude is Everything

in Looking for...

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

If you possess and value a positive, winning attitude, you should come to SBI.

If you treat those in your community with respect, you should come to SBI.

If you don’t mind working while you play, you should come to SBI.

If you are hungry to learn, or happy to teach, you should come to SBI

If you are willing to lead, or eager to follow good leadership, you should come to SBI.

WvW isn’t just about your build, your tactics, and the speed at which you can mash the right buttons. It’s also about heart, teamwork, dedication and determination.
I encourage any guild or player from any timezone who possesses the following characteristics to strongly consider SBI:

• Work well with others
  • Treat others with respect, and strive to avoid drama
  • Have a positive, winning attitude
  • Focus on improving yourself rather than complaining about others

Let SBI be the destination for guilds and players with not only skill and knowledge, or the hunger to grow as a WvW player, but also winning attitudes, determination, maturity and respect.

www.stormbluffisle.com

in Looking for...

slingblade.1437

SBI is still seeking quality guilds and individuals to join our friendly yet tenacious WvW community.

in Looking for...

slingblade.1437

Despite ridiculously unbalanced matchup three weeks in a row, the SBI regulars are still out there, fighting the good fight. Our server has found a new commitment to map hopping, providing either help or pressure when and where it’s needed. Many thanks to the commanders and players who’ve stepped up and filled that need.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Waratah.1940

Waratah.1940

I recently transferred to SBI and despite being vastly outnumbered these guys keep turning up, great group of people to be playing with.

Leo Solidor – OCX – Tarnished Coast
Enigmá [Eá]

in Looking for...

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

Great militia on our server, that shows up consistently. SBI guilds are getting more involved in the GvG scene and will have a ton guilds to compete against in our tier, whether we get DB or FA. One of the best pvx communities. Join up!

in Looking for...

slingblade.1437

Great militia on our server, that shows up consistently. SBI guilds are getting more involved in the GvG scene and will have a ton guilds to compete against in our tier, whether we get DB or FA. One of the best pvx communities. Join up!

Yep, our militia has been growing, our regulars showing up as always, and our training events bringing out big numbers, despite us being in week three of a wildly imbalanced matchup. Just last night someone from one of our mostly PVE guilds, [MxR] think it was, was asking me about what training classes we offered because they were going to be doing more WvW.

in Looking for...

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I feel sorry for Sbi, it seems that there are really Seven tier 2/1 guilds.
So one always ends up in t3. And dominates. good for sbi for staying up there.
However, if you ever fell to t4 you would find it boring, you would destroy t4 as hard as fort aspenwood is destroying t3.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

I feel sorry for Sbi, it seems that there are really Seven tier 2/1 guilds.
So one always ends up in t3. And dominates. good for sbi for staying up there.
However, if you ever fell to t4 you would find it boring, you would destroy t4 as hard as fort aspenwood is destroying t3.

Dont feel sorry for SBI, they love what they are doing. Most other servers would have gotten tired of getting pooped on by now and deliberately tanked out of their tier, but SBI keeps fighting. We are going into season and Anet has not addressed this issue, weekly T3 is a blowout and ANet has done NOTHING to bring about balance for Tier3, now silver league will spend 9 weeks getting roflstomped by FA, Maguuma or Dragonbrand. Anyway SBI go there, it’s a server with pretty close to unbreakable morale and you will get to kill tons of terrible FA players during season 2.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in Looking for...

slingblade.1437

Thanks Truearrow. The SBI regulars are supposed to be resting up this week and focusing on fun, since the season starts Friday and the DB-SBI-SOR matchup had gotten quite stale, but some of our people are having a hard time with the concept of “rest and relaxation.” Lotta hard working folks on SBI who feel a real sense of dedication and responsibility to the server.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Feyd Rautha.7298

Feyd Rautha.7298

I concur, SBI is awesome.

!(wired)?(coffee++):(wired);

in Looking for...

slingblade.1437

If you must choose a new server, choose wisely. ;-)

in Looking for...

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

I love SBI, it’s my home. I am biased, but then again, something has to have kept me here for so long, and it’s my fellow wvw players that fight along side me, through the good times (when we were tier 1, and when we climbed back up last fall), through the bad times (when we dropped from t1 down to t4, and these past 2 months).

Can’t wait to have some fun in silver league, especially since FA has lost some guilds (Which has helped balance out t3 some).

The transfer price to our server is 2400 gems, but to me, that is cheap. We are worth 4800, easily.

in Looking for...

Posted by: PhaNTaSiZe.4215

PhaNTaSiZe.4215

I’ve been on SBI for over 2 months, and I must say it’s a great community to be a part of. When I got here, we were very dominant in WvW and then about a month ago we saw a large exodus of WvW guilds that were bought off by other servers. Even with that happening though and against the overwhelming odds of facing DB and FA week in and week out, SBI is still out there in force everynight, and it inspires me (and a lot of others) to come out and do the same.

SBI also has a very strong PvE community for those of you who aren’t 100% WvW-centric (like me). Tequatl is successfully beaten everynight at 8pm est, followed by the Karka Queen, and sometimes the world event train goes on for several other events as well. If you happen to stay for the whole thing, the loot is amazing lol.

There’s a server-wide Teamspeak, which is one of the huge plusses for me, originally coming from a very fractured server (Sorrow’s Furnace) where a 3rd of the community used Mumble, a 3rd used Teamspeak, and the other 3rd used… something else, Idk. But being able to just hop into a channel with 30-40 ppl and just do something, at anytime, is awesome.

If you’re looking for an awesome overall community with a winning attitude that doesn’t quit, SBI has it all.

Commander Sammie Winchester/Ian McKellan
Leader of Gods Dont Cry [GDC] on SBI

in Looking for...

slingblade.1437

Season 2 so far is going great for us on SBI. Lots of cooperation and hard fighting being put forth. This week has been the most fun I’ve had in WvW in a while, and I almost always have fun in WvW. So many epic fights with FA and IOJ both open field and for keeps and towers.

SBI and T3 is a great place to be, if you’re looking for a solid community in a tier that doesn’t suffer the queue and blob issues that T1 and T2 do, but still offers plenty of action and plenty of people with amazing dedication and resillency.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Sadi.3072

Sadi.3072

These people have written it out in their blood for you. Stormbluff Isle has always seen a lot of change like many other servers, but we have weathered through it together. We don’t let it break us down and we keep on moving. We are a tight knit community that welcomes in new faces.

Do not expect the easy path. Do not expect an even battle. Love the challenge. Live for the camaraderie. The true fight is to walk away with your fellow SBI’ers and look forward to the fight another day. If this sounds like your battle song, come join us.

(edited by Sadi.3072)

in Looking for...

slingblade.1437

After a slow start in our current matchup due to a touch of “league fatigue,” SBI has shown its true colors once again and fought back. Night before last was one of the most uplifting, fun times I’ve had in WvW in quite awhile. Defending our BL with ferocity and taking out a fiercely defended enemy WP, dominating in EB and leading PPT for several hours when a lot of servers would have given up, has once again confirmed for me SBI can weather most any storm. We may get knocked down every once in awhile, but we always get back up, and back into the fight.

We’re still looking for like-minded guilds and individuals. If you value tenacity, personal responsibility, teamwork, and you don’t let the down times bring you down for long, SBI just might be the home you’ve been looking for.

(bonus image – our own private Oracle, Commander Bannok’s wise and beautiful grandmother, gives counsel to Fashionista Yuna, Priestess of Cthulhu, rightful heir to FAMEs riches)

Attachments:

(edited by slingblade.1437)

in Looking for...

Posted by: playard.6035

playard.6035

I’ve been on SBI for over 2 months, and I must say it’s a great community to be a part of. When I got here, we were very dominant in WvW and then about a month ago we saw a large exodus of WvW guilds that were bought off by other servers. Even with that happening though and against the overwhelming odds of facing DB and FA week in and week out, SBI is still out there in force everynight, and it inspires me (and a lot of others) to come out and do the same.

SBI also has a very strong PvE community for those of you who aren’t 100% WvW-centric (like me). Tequatl is successfully beaten everynight at 8pm est, followed by the Karka Queen, and sometimes the world event train goes on for several other events as well. If you happen to stay for the whole thing, the loot is amazing lol.

There’s a server-wide Teamspeak, which is one of the huge plusses for me, originally coming from a very fractured server (Sorrow’s Furnace) where a 3rd of the community used Mumble, a 3rd used Teamspeak, and the other 3rd used… something else, Idk. But being able to just hop into a channel with 30-40 ppl and just do something, at anytime, is awesome.

If you’re looking for an awesome overall community with a winning attitude that doesn’t quit, SBI has it all.

This! SBI has a server-wide TS and which is also used for server PvE events

— Teq EVERYDAY 5pm server/NA Pacific time. Teq got its own channel just like our WvW operations on SBI TS. lol

— Weekend Temple Runs! (Every Saturday, 5pm right after daily reset, I think)

— Monday Mapping Mondays
http://www.stormbluffisle.com/index.php/forum/non-wvw/3138-mapping-mondays-2014

Plus, seasonal silly goofy events in WvW and/or PvE!!!

Although ANet has implemented the Megaserver, still, SBI empowers you more than you think by offering a community and server-wide TS.

Last night in WvW’s map hoppers channel, some guildie from a guild (his guildies confessed later) is drunk and laughter bursted out loud during and after the conversation among maybe 15+ people, NA Eastern time around midnight. — SBI is a server, a community with a sense of humour.

Please immediately book you place on SBI or always keep an eye on transfer fee for SBI dropped to normal or lower. We’re right here waiting and welcoming you!

Deko* — Die-hard PvE-in-WvW veteran & noob commander
map chat spammer, siege lover/hater, and, well, I care bears.
League of Ex-Siegers, nonetheLEXS, for now, still Rest on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by playard.6035)

in Looking for...

Posted by: playard.6035

playard.6035

This thread is old but it still holds valuable information and insight for people interested in SBI.

Don’t forget to check our community site and forum!
http://www.stormbluffisle.com/
http://www.stormbluffisle.com/index.php/forum
You can always find SBI regulars there and ask us questions.

Deko* — Die-hard PvE-in-WvW veteran & noob commander
map chat spammer, siege lover/hater, and, well, I care bears.
League of Ex-Siegers, nonetheLEXS, for now, still Rest on Stormbluff Isle

in Looking for...

Posted by: Loren Michael.7891

Loren Michael.7891

Check out our forums and ask us about WvW!

This thread is old but it still holds valuable information and insight for people interested in SBI.

Don’t forget to check our community site and forum!
http://www.stormbluffisle.com/
http://www.stormbluffisle.com/index.php/forum
You can always find SBI regulars there and ask us questions.

Marcus Dairy / Loren Michael
Guild Leader of [KT] Knights Templar
www.knights-templar.com/www.stormbluffisle.com

in Looking for...

Posted by: TheNatural.2846

TheNatural.2846

Hey All,

Its The Natural from Relentless {ONE}. I’m originally from Darkhaven and transferred to SBI a long time ago. Then, I left for MAG to do some Gold League Roaming and Dueling. If there is one thing I can say about SBI its this, this is one of the best WvW communities I have ever been apart of. If you are looking for a home, this is a great place for PvX and just all around good camaraderie. One thing I have noticed after leaving SBI and returning (after many months) is that I have seen many of the same guilds remain (with strong presence too). There are really some top notch people here looking to make your time here at SBI worth every moment. As for WvW we cover all the bases, so come join the fight.

Just a tid bit on {ONE}, We are looking for some solid players (all classes atm) to help cause havoc and supplement our zerg (take out small groups within enemy zergs). We have mostly Mid to Upper Level PvP players and experienced roamers, if you’re looking for a home please give me a shout and we can work it out. If you are in TS feel free to stop by.

in Looking for...

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

SBI is improving in coverage now, HIRE recently transferred here from TC, and it has been a perfect transition for us. We have the rep of being a pug server, and it is true, we run pug zergs. HIRE has been commanding and leading our well experienced pugs around and it has been a blast. People with positive attitudes, that like to come out and kill kitten for fun, should seriously consider SBI.

in Looking for...

Posted by: PauloJr.6410

PauloJr.6410

If you are looking for a new home, SBI is the place to be. They have a really great community and great guilds. Sbi is a great place to have fun.