2v1 is destroying the victim server

in WvW

Posted by: nerovergil.5408

nerovergil.5408

ANET please make 1v1 World Versus World. 3 way of fighting is very vulnerable to be exploited by bad players.

1v1 is more competitive and cant easily be exploited.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

For sake of diversity I would like
- tournament 2-sided matches
- normal ranking play 3-sided matches

Concerning your “destruction of servers”: no alliance last very long without good reason.
If a server isn’t able to stand such a unexpected hard period it doesn’t deserve it better.
And if one or the other overstacked wtj servers would be destroyed that way such that the people would spread out it would be a nice side-effect

PS: no I am not an NA-player, just a fan of what happen in NA-t1, I wish more of the other leagues would do the same.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Do I need to mention how many servers were destroyed by that particular whiny server?

People were complaining about servers not working together to beat the top, and many servers are completely face-rolled by the top.

This time it happened, servers finally work together to beat the top, and people are still complaining, especially one particular whiny server tried to play victim because they can’t get their top season reward.

Do I need to remind you many servers feel the same way all the time? This is the first time that particular whiny server experienced such thing, and they can’t take it so they cry as loud as they can.

How come I didn’t hear the 2 underdog servers complaining about being dominated for the full season? They gladly accept their last place and continue to have fun in WvWvW. Are they not the victim as well? Do they need to call Anet to fix it as well?

Complainers will complain no matter what.

PS: I am not allowed to mention any server name, so use your brain to fill in the name yourself.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

It doesn’t matter what league it’s in, 2vs1 (match manipulation) only hurts one server; the server getting their butt’s kicked. Even that is subjective depending on who you talk to.

It does however help every other server in that league. You see, the lower ranked servers now have a chance to leap frog over the “victim” server in the rankings whereas as previously they had no chance.

Think of it this way, 1 server suffers while 5 others prevail, this is not a bad trade off.

Now lets look at the other side of the coin. The server who intends on stacking/buying/renting guilds (match manipulation). Who does it hurt? Well it hurts the other 5 servers in the league. Where they may have had a chance to compete before, now they don’t. Not only that, the servers that lost guilds to the stacking server also suffer due to their WvW populace leaving.

So think of it this way; 1 server prevails while 5 suffer + however many other servers whom lost their guilds. This does not sound like a good trade off.

Now ask yourself this, what exactly do you honestly think is worse? What do you think is more likely to lead to the demise of WvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Lydell.8713

Lydell.8713

ANET please make 1v1 World Versus World. 3 way of fighting is very vulnerable to be exploited by bad players.

Over and over and over and over and over. Like a monkey with a miniature cymbal, the joy of of repetition really is in you.

Enough with the whining, please. God…

-Blackgate-

(edited by Lydell.8713)

in WvW

Lydell.8713

How come I didn’t hear the 2 underdog servers complaining about being dominated for the full season? They gladly accept their last place and continue to have fun in WvWvW. Are they not the victim as well? Do they need to call Anet to fix it as well?

PS: I am not allowed to mention any server name, so use your brain to fill in the name yourself.

The server that shalt not be named isn’t complaining per se. Some individuals residing on said server that shalt not be named are. Chances are they are fairweather warriors.

-Blackgate-

in WvW

Posted by: Onmosis.7056

Onmosis.7056

Yeah we’re getting 2 v 1ed right now, and that kinda sucks… Our morale got lower than before… :l

Onmosis – Ranger
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Lydell.8713

Yeah we’re getting 2 v 1ed right now, and that kinda sucks… Our morale got lower than before… :l

Are you still on the server that the sig on your previous messages states you were on, or did you move to the server that shalt not be named, hoping to be on the winning side?

-Blackgate-

in WvW

Onmosis.7056

Are you still on the server that the sig on your previous messages states you were on, or did you move to the server that shalt not be named, hoping to be on the winning side?

Still on the same server… I’m not planning on leaving… I’m not really whining, I just want to get this off of my chest… :PP

Onmosis – Ranger
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Lydell.8713

Still on the same server… I’m not planning on leaving… I’m not really whining, I just want to get this off of my chest… :PP

Good, cause the server that shalt not be named has enough whiners already. Just wanted to be sure that people realize that you’re not on it.

-Blackgate-

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Ah another one oh these…took you long enough.

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Maybe the victim server deserves to be destroyed?

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Tournaments brought lot of pve players to www.
And they don t know how WWW works and see 2vs1 everywhere _ because their commanders doesn t explain how sieges and maps works.

If a 2vs1 destroy your server morale, then its not a good www server.
This was my server reaction to a real 2vs1:

Attachments:

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

Good, cause the server that shalt not be named has enough whiners already. Just wanted to be sure that people realize that you’re not on it.

cause whining about whiners makes u cool? double negative??

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

What about whining about whiners that whine about other whiners?

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Posted by: TitaniumDog.3054

TitaniumDog.3054

I think I’m on the same server as you and if you look at the points we will get for 3rd,1st,3rd,1st until the end of season 2 we will do ok.

in WvW

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

ROFL …. Just ROFL

in WvW

Lydell.8713

clar·i·fy
[klar-uh-fahy] Show IPA
verb (used with object), clar·i·fied, clar·i·fy·ing.
to make (an idea, statement, etc.) clear or intelligible; to free from ambiguity.
to remove solid matter from (a liquid); to make into a clear or pellucid liquid.
to free (the mind, intelligence, etc.) from confusion; revive: The short nap clarified his thoughts.
verb (used without object), clar·i·fied, clar·i·fy·ing.
to become clear, pure, or intelligible: The political situation clarified.

whine
[hwahyn, wahyn] Show IPA
verb (used without object), whined, whin·ing.
to utter a low, usually nasal, complaining cry or sound, as from uneasiness, discontent, peevishness, etc.: The puppies were whining from hunger.
to snivel or complain in a peevish, self-pitying way: He is always whining about his problems.
verb (used with object), whined, whin·ing.
to utter with or as if with a whine: I whined my litany of complaints.
noun
a whining utterance, sound, or tone.
a feeble, peevish complaint.

-Blackgate-

in WvW

Onmosis.7056

I think I’m on the same server as you and if you look at the points we will get for 3rd,1st,3rd,1st until the end of season 2 we will do ok.

I heard that if we got third this week then we’ll be stuck in third for the rest of the league…

Onmosis – Ranger
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

Man this topic keeps coming up…and still the Moderators will lock it….like a seven headed hydra.

Hey Moderators, do you think that your customer base WANTS to have this discussion?

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

The good thing about next week is that we dont have to hear from certain BG posters. yes!

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Script.5092

Script.5092

I hate this 2v1
can you offend me with I showed this but I do not care

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

Oh no the server getting 2v1 is getting destroyed that is why said server is not ticking 240+ right now. The horror.

1v1 obviously can’t be exploited except iono transfers?

in WvW

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s not an exploit. It’s called war.
And it’s a sound tactic.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in WvW

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

Every server has people who complain, now can we accept that and accept that commanders “leaders” can’t make everyone shut up? It’s not the server complaining it’s the same 5 people.

Yes getting stomped sucks, maybe it’s not fun to lose, but the fights are good and the bags are flowing. I was enjoying this whole situation before my internet was disconnected.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

in WvW

Posted by: Kobi Beef.3895

Kobi Beef.3895

The server that shalt not be named isn’t complaining per se. Some individuals residing on said server that shalt not be named are. Chances are they are fairweather warriors.

you shouldn’t be afraid to say the name voldemort aka tom riddle, if you fear the name you give it power even if he has his army of dementors.

in WvW

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Don’t you worry, you will all get your mistforge weapons, . Sure 2v1 happens, but even if it isn’t THOSE two vs THAT one, it still happens when those three don’t face each other, just not in an blatant way.

The seasons really brought the crap to the surface. Lots of smack talk and a lot of servers teaming up to bring down the top dog.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

So what about those people who just want to go WvW and have fun and who get spawn camped? How is this acceptable?

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

2v1….1 is the loneliest number
#BGTears

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

So what about those people who just want to go WvW and have fun and who get spawn camped? How is this acceptable?

There is no such thing as spawn camp.
Counting BLs alone, there are 3 maps with 3 exists, total of 9 exists. Use the one with no enemy.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Ah yes. This again. Funny how 2v1 is only a horrible, horrible problem when a certain nameless server is the 1.

#NamelessServerTears

Also, if anyone from NamelessServer is on here & looking to buy more guilds, you can buy my bank guild. We can work something out. :P

Headdesk

(edited by oshilator.4681)

in WvW

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Working as intended.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Destroying the victim server… as opposed to the poor kitten server that is often stuck in 3rd with no hope of winning for weeks on end? You are telling me a strong server cannot put up with losing a few weeks when some servers have endured months of it?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

I hate this 2v1

looks like JQ and TC planning an offense when bg is out manned.

in WvW

mallas.9836

2v1 is fine. You have to want to fight through it. BG is fighting through it pretty well. But its like the old SoR and JQ fights. Every week the same thing and people get tired of it. I am sure Sor and JQ overall wanted some change back then.

2v1 is intended. As others and myself have said before, wvwvw doesn’t lend itself to seasons. You have to have a 1v1 to do leagues or seasons or its just a CF as it is now. BUt at least anet made it somewhat possible to get tons of gold fast. 140 gold this week (sat-present).

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

It may be a bit off topic, however for the health of WvW in general, I’d love to see JQ, BG & TC and to a lesser extent SoS totally implode. This would lead to transfers to the other 20 servers which would result in better game play for all.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: EmoDevo.3209

EmoDevo.3209

I hate this 2v1

That’s not even T1, what are you smoking man?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

It may be a bit off topic, however for the health of WvW in general, I’d love to see JQ, BG & TC and to a lesser extent SoS totally implode. This would lead to transfers to the other 20 servers which would result in better game play for all.

U want the Jedi Quarry to implode???!! Move away before i take my lightsaber out

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

and here I thought wvw matchup discussions were NOT ALLOWED anymore…but apparently as long as everyone is just bashing blackgate and congratulating jq for being noobs, its allowed

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

WvWvW <———— when you have to double team a server it just means you are not good enough on your own to win….so while you may win in points your server still isn’t upto the level of the “boss” server.

the top dog should know why this is happening and blame the game mechanics, and pity the 2 servers that have to resort to silly double team.

and if you look at the matchup…..aren’t you supposed to be playing other servers in the league? there’s SoS doing just fine….how come they aren’t going against those 2 other servers and BG going against maguuma and DB……

BECAUSE it’s flawed and a human is matching up the servers and breaking it’s own guidelines for matchups, so it’s time to blame the game not the players.

I’d tank the whole kitten thing until the matchup gets you outta the 2v1 and tell anet to follow it’s own guidelines regarding matchups

but im on the outside looking in hehe.

good luck BG

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

mallas.9836

I hate this 2v1

That’s not even T1, what are you smoking man?

you do not get the joke

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

#BGTears

too bad this entire tournament is a FARCE and completely pointless in determining everything.

JQ and TC are going to be cheering and congratulating themselves for “victory” at the end of all of this, and yet

the winner of this tournament will not be the server who played the best, but instead a server who resorted to underhanded tactics and basically what amounts to CHEATING in order to win

and don’t tell me BG has that much superior coverage (the first wee was an EXTREMLY close match until JQ GAVE UP and quit the map like the noobs they are

in WvW

mallas.9836

WvWvW <———— when you have to double team a server it just means you are not good enough on your own to win….so while you may win in points your server still isn’t upto the level of the “boss” server.

the top dog should know why this is happening and blame the game mechanics, and pity the 2 servers that have to resort to silly double team.

and if you look at the matchup…..aren’t you supposed to be playing other servers in the league? there’s SoS doing just fine….how come they aren’t going against those 2 other servers and BG going against maguuma and DB……

BECAUSE it’s flawed and a human is matching up the servers and breaking it’s own guidelines for matchups, so it’s time to blame the game not the players.

I’d tank the whole kitten thing until the matchup gets you outta the 2v1 and tell anet to follow it’s own guidelines regarding matchups

but im on the outside looking in hehe.

good luck BG

and someone that gets it.

The fact they have to double team as they have done even when BG is out manned (aka 30 man force could take garrison), is the reason out TS channels have had so much fun. Lots of laughing, points fingers and giggling and fun had by those in the channel. Sadly many of the PUGs do not join TS (and arent showing up) so they can’t feel the morale many of us have.

This has been the most fun BG has had (i am sure i can say that for the major WvW guilds and the members that are playing actively these past weeks) in a VERY long time.

in WvW

mallas.9836

#BGTears

too bad this entire tournament is a FARCE and completely pointless in determining everything.

JQ and TC are going to be cheering and congratulating themselves for “victory” at the end of all of this, and yet

the winner of this tournament will not be the server who played the best, but instead a server who resorted to underhanded tactics and basically what amounts to CHEATING in order to win

and don’t tell me BG has that much superior coverage (the first wee was an EXTREMLY close match until JQ GAVE UP and quit the map like the noobs they are

cheating and hilarious are close cousins.

BG’s coverage isn’t like before. But we knew this would happen so we are playing for fights instead of fights and ppt. PPT is moot at this point since, like a couple days ago, TC and BG were close so TC and JQ went hardcore 2v1 until it was out of reach again.

I am sure the old SoR guilds are bored out of their skulls that they can’t fight JQ in any real way. I am sure that will blow up at some point here. JQ there are rumblings about being unhappy with this from people.

So BG will power through while the others have to deal with all that junk.

in WvW

Posted by: adagiophoto.4512

adagiophoto.4512

The fact they have to double team as they have done even when BG is out manned (aka 30 man force could take garrison), is the reason out TS channels have had so much fun. Lots of laughing, points fingers and giggling and fun had by those in the channel. Sadly many of the PUGs do not join TS (and arent showing up) so they can’t feel the morale many of us have.

This has been the most fun BG has had (i am sure i can say that for the major WvW guilds and the members that are playing actively these past weeks) in a VERY long time.

There’s definitely some truth to this. Several members of my guild have been enjoying the fight and the bags despite the scores. I, on the other hand, don’t play for bags. I have 29 years of playing soccer under my belt and I never got a single drop from another player, so I come into WvW with a slightly different attitude. Nothing about this has been fun for me, and I actually don’t mind double teaming to keep the servers on relatively equal footing. Once it became about win trading, then I was done with WvW for the season. I just can’t play WvW for fights and drops alone.

Now, having said that, I also don’t like blowing the other teams out of the water. I want better balanced matches. I want the other servers to challenge me, but overwhelming double team for win trading isn’t that.

in WvW

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

#BGTears

cheating and hilarious are close cousins.

BG’s coverage isn’t like before. But we knew this would happen so we are playing for fights instead of fights and ppt. PPT is moot at this point since, like a couple days ago, TC and BG were close so TC and JQ went hardcore 2v1 until it was out of reach again.

I am sure the old SoR guilds are bored out of their skulls that they can’t fight JQ in any real way. I am sure that will blow up at some point here. JQ there are rumblings about being unhappy with this from people.

So BG will power through while the others have to deal with all that junk.

That’s great for BG is it not
Don’t worry we are gonna fight next week.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Man this topic keeps coming up…and still the Moderators will lock it….like a seven headed hydra.

Hey Moderators, do you think that your customer base WANTS to have this discussion?

No dude, we don’t want… If BG shut up about this kittening 2v1, this issue will not be brought up by anyone else, even when we know that it happen on other tiers…

Well, since “the server that shall not be named” was named already, I think it’s time to close this ‘matchup thread’, no?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

In my opinion, disinterested because I am on none of these servers, the match fixers who are 2v1 Blackgate are doing the lord’s work and saving WvW.

When anet decided that there would be small leagues with coverage>all where rewards would be ranked based on server placement, they basically forced everybody who cared about winning to transfer to the top server.

Remove the incentive to over stack, for example by eliminating leagues and giving gold reward to he top 8 servers, do this and you will get competitive matches up and down servers.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in WvW

Posted by: thaooo.5320

thaooo.5320

If you and your server would like to become the target if 2v1… all hope is not lost. Follow this guide, and you can soon be the target of affection.

1) Care about PPT

2) Buy guilds

3) Buy players

4) Cause server blackouts to stuff your “FULL” listed server with even more players to make up for your lack of skill.

5) “Win” matches because you have 20x more players than every other server

6) Trash talk, saying you’re the best players, and the best server, just because you dominate PPT. Even though all of your guilds that participate in GvG get rolled by T2 guilds. Because T2 players are better at everything.

7) Say fighting doesn’t matter. Say it doesn’t matter that you get rolled in even fights and gvg. Say PPT is the real game.

8) Omniblob the #3 rank server for more than a year. When called out, say its not 2v1, it just happens. Then say "even if we are 2v1ing, its WvW, its bound to happen.

9) Over a year later, people will get sick of your omniblob mega stacked band wagon trash talking server, and 2v1 you.

10) Spam the forums with threads about how 2v1 is ruining the game. Oh, and you’re totally not a hypocrite, and in your posts, say you’re not a hypocrite, so everyone believes you.

11) Say the game needs to change, because your server isn’t allowed to be 2v1’d, only other servers.

12) Be the only server to kick up a fuss about being 2v1’d because you’re tooootttaally not an over entitled hypocritical jerk.

13) After being laughed at, take up a new stance, say, “we enjoy being 2v1’d, it means we’re the best, otherwise it wouldn’t be happening”. Even though you’re dying inside.

14) When being called out for being the notorious guild buying player buying band wagon omniblob server, say that’s not the reason you’ve been winning, say its because you’re skilled, say its because your server is just soooooo gooooood at the game, people admire how skilful your server is, and want to be as skilful as you.

15) Continue to say how good you are at the game, even though you can’t win gvgs let alone even numbered open field fights.

Congratulations! You’ve made it through the training, you are now ready to be the target of 2v1.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in all MMOs.
Stop failing at PvE, and fix WvW/SPvP. Thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: TitaniumDog.3054

TitaniumDog.3054

There’s always K-Train in EOTM. The ppl on the victim server can go there as they’ve lost hope and the two buddy servers don’t need as many ppl on the BL so they can safely choo choo all night long with a nice win under their belt.