6 hours of wvw for 22 dragonite ore

in WvW

Posted by: Frye.4608

Frye.4608

Getting all needed dragonite in wvw is hardly doable for new players.

If a person needs 4 weapons, that means 2000 dragonite. At this rate it will take 545 hours of wvw.

Yet I have 50 bloodstone bricks in my bank (5000 dust i will never use up) and 15 empyrial stars plus a stack of fragments. So nobody can accuse me of not playing enough!

3 or 4 ore for a keep that might take hours to take is just not enough to get 2000 ore in half a year. And how will I store all the bloodstone dust that i no longer need, waste obsidian shards to make room? The rewards are TOO GOOD to be able to store, but just THE WRONG KIND.

I don’t like camping dragons so I am chipping away at this, but it will take me months more to get my daggers at this rate.

in WvW

Posted by: draugris.9872

draugris.9872

1 Temple Event = 30 Dragonite, 1 Golem Event = 15-20 Dragonite. The system they implemented is ridiculous, again PvE rules them all.

Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: kingcragus.6810

kingcragus.6810

Man up, do an hours pve. Quit kittening.

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Do some PVE mate, it’s important for their metrics.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

in WvW

Posted by: ZenJii.7490

ZenJii.7490

And in those 6 hours you never found 10 minutes to go leech a tempel event?

in WvW

Posted by: Lurch.9517

Lurch.9517

And in those 6 hours you never found 10 minutes to go leech a tempel event?

To be fair, if he is a mainly WvW player on a fairly busy server then 10 mins of PVE could then incur a lengthy queue to get back to what he actually enjoys doing.

If anyone seriously wants the ascended crap then just man up and PVE for it, otherwise do what most others are doing and just ignore ascended. Its silly to do WvW only then complain about ascended mats, its like only doing JP’s then complain at not getting dungeon tokens.

Lurch
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Frye.4608

Frye.4608

How this was complaining is beyond me and , sorry, just plain stupid.
“Getting all needed dragonite in wvw is hardly doable for new players.” might have been a hint to the less observant readers.

THAT was the point, as only half of you realize apparently, the other half might want to do some reading comprehension class. Not the fact it takes ME 8 months to get 2000 dragonite. I just use my own gathering speed as an indication that the rewards are off (both between pve and wvw and the type of rewards we ARE getting in wvw). In fact I already have 2 ascendeds, so obviously I already did some camping dragons, but again, that was beside the point.

Gosh you really have to spoon-feed every detail to some people. LEARN TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES!

edit : some posts have been deleted, this post is no longer relevant

(edited by Frye.4608)

in WvW

Posted by: DevonCarver.5370

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

The rewards included in season 1 achievements should help to address this. Very specifically the ascended crafting materials. It is also the case, that we want people playing all the parts of the game, so there are always going to be optimal ways to get specific rewards and those may not always include WvW. We are building the whole of GW2 and we try and balance things across all the game types.

We will continue to make strides, however, to make WvW feel more rewarding, especially in this type of area.

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i pretty much only play wvw and i have about 750 dragonite ore so far.

not as much as i’d get in pve but i dont feel like i have to pve to get it either.

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

I find that the friendliest and easiest to enjoy area of the game is wvw / pvp areas – I personally do not like to roll with pve’rs that have the ‘man up’ attitude – the game is great, the people aren’t perfect and I would prefer if you don’t force us to play with whom we don’t want to play with. Thank you for considering our concerns with adding more of these materials in WvW.

Please keep in mind that some of the biggest griefers are the same people that love to do mindless repetitive pve runs to get rich. PVP’rs are a thinking class.

This does not reflect all pvp or pve’rs – but the pve has smaller groups and requires us to be closer to those misfits

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

You can always transfer off your zerg server to a less populated one. We lose and recapture our keeps all the time since we don’t have the manpower to defend them against much more populated servers. I get tons of dragonite ore. Still kinda sad we have probably the lowest wvw population and a terrible pve population as well yet anet ranks us as a high population server and its 800 gems to transfer.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I just trash my dragonite ore. Can’t be bothered with Ascended.

in WvW

Posted by: Maladon.5760

Maladon.5760

Shatterer, Jormag, most temple events…if you’re smart and watch the timers you can get dragonite from the event by spending as little as five minutes outside of WvW at a time. They couldn’t have made it easier or more accommodating. Sometimes you actually have to make an effort to get the things you want.

Malzarius – Guardian
Malzerius – Thief
Dark Covenant (SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: rultax.2604

rultax.2604

I’m glad there is some movement in this area, and we appear to be moving in a more rewarding direction.

To be honest through, I would prefer that PvE be the best place to get rewards, Ascended items for example. We probably wouldn’t want PvE farmers clogging up the WvW queues.

Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

I like to solo/duo roam or roam with small groups. I dislike siege and tower/keep fighting. I dislike PvE. GW2 will just be yet another game that forces me to play through content I don’t like in order to compete in the content I do like.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Ricky.4706

I’d be happier if they just gave us the pvp locker in wvw and eliminate ascended items or any items with stat advantages from pvp areas. I don’t really want an ascended item, I just don’t want a non pvp’r to have an advantage.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

“It is also the case, that we want people playing all the parts of the game”

you should reconsider that premise. you are forcing people to do aspects of the game they dont enjoy. i didnt enjoy to go through 7 scarlet invasions just to get into the funhouse (which took 15 minutes to do, argh! i LOVE solo dungeons, funhouse and queen’s gauntlet for example). neither do i enjoy world bosses /temples just to get ascendeds. trust me i’ve tried everything (dungeons, world bosses, spvp, tpvp, exploring.. you name it) and there are simply thing i dont enjoy because i find them boring or unsatisfactory in other ways. i dont see why you keep making me go through that content just so i get stuff i need for other kinds of content. i find it quite offending tbh. various content styles should be options, not requirements. (except for legendaries, achievments or similar stuff which you can skip or not without hurting yourself in other aspects of the game). as a wvw player i want to have the same quality of gear as my opponents and getting ascendeds requires me to craft and do PVE content i dont enjoy. or just play 900 hours of WvW for a piece (which is what i decided to do), cant skip the crafting though, neither the gold grind associated with it.

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

(edited by Steelo.4597)

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Also, not sure if you Anet guys realize this or not. But, it is actually more rewarding to let the enemy take keeps so you can take them back. I’m really surprised there is not a lot more blatant keep swapping going on.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

The rewards included in season 1 achievements should help to address this. Very specifically the ascended crafting materials. It is also the case, that we want people playing all the parts of the game, so there are always going to be optimal ways to get specific rewards and those may not always include WvW. We are building the whole of GW2 and we try and balance things across all the game types.

We will continue to make strides, however, to make WvW feel more rewarding, especially in this type of area.

Thank you. If you want people to play all parts of the game, when will the vial of essence be available as a drop at the same rate that it is in the fractals? It currently appears that you want to force people to do fractals, even though some of would rather quit than do those. Thank you for your perspective.

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Buzzcrave.6197

Buzzcrave.6197

I’m glad there is some movement in this area, and we appear to be moving in a more rewarding direction.

To be honest through, I would prefer that PvE be the best place to get rewards, Ascended items for example. We probably wouldn’t want PvE farmers clogging up the WvW queues.

What? Why would PvErs come to WvW to farm Ascended materials when they can get it 10x faster in PvE contents. I don’t even….

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

I really hope the crown jewel of winning seasons isn’t stacks of ascended materials.

I have at least 5 stacks of fragments and ores and I don’t need to be making ascended weapons since I have legendaries.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

Next

Thank you. If you want people to play all parts of the game, when will the vial of essence be available as a drop at the same rate that it is in the fractals? It currently appears that you want to force people to do fractals, even though some of would rather quit than do those. Thank you for your perspective.

We are in the process of making a change to the requirements for most things that take the vial of essence to make them acquirable outside of the fractals. We don’t have more to announce right now. We 100% agree with the premise of that statement in regards to fractals, however.

in WvW

Previous

DevonCarver.5370

WvW Coordinator

I really hope the crown jewel of winning seasons isn’t stacks of ascended materials.

I have at least 5 stacks of fragments and ores and I don’t need to be making ascended weapons since I have legendaries.

The ascended materials are in the chests that are awarded for completing specific achievements in the WvW Season 1 achievement group. They are attainable by anyone and are in no way related to your placement at the conclusion of the season.

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

What? Why would PvErs come to WvW to farm Ascended materials when they can get it 10x faster in PvE contents. I don’t even….

You don’t even, because you didn’t read what he said…He was pointing out that when balancing rewards, he doesn’t want WvW to become a better place to gain rewards than PvE. If WvW was more efficient then people would fill maps to farm rather than play WvW.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

If dust is part of this system please remove it. Nobody needs any more dust -_-

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Azmarlio.7861

Azmarlio.7861

If they make the dragonite ingot tradable, I’d love to send you some.

Lucas Diamondshield
Philippine Heroes [Ph]

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

With all due respect Devon, this wasn’t the original promise for WvW.

The original promise for WvW was that you didn’t have to play any other part of the game if you didn’t want to. You could completely level up and gear up within WvW.

Ascended gear was a fundamental post-launch 180 on the game design. We know that. But that doesn’t meant you have to break the promise of not having to do PvE.

And to be clear, that is the developers stated intention, that you “want people playing all the parts of the game.” You want WvW’ers to do PvE.

What happened to “Play Your Way”?

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The ascended materials are in the chests that are awarded for completing specific achievements in the WvW Season 1 achievement group. They are attainable by anyone and are in no way related to your placement at the conclusion of the season.

So what are the actual rewards for the 3 winning servers of each league then? Besides the temp dolyak stomping, what else do the winners get? It’d help if we knew actual rewards before the season starts…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

I think it’s all a part of RNG. You have a chance of getting Dragonite ore, no actual guarantee of getting it. Like a lot of people who manage to get those two or three precursors while the rest don’t, it’s all about RNG.

in WvW

Posted by: Madam Pomfrey.4162

Madam Pomfrey.4162

Every time I hear “The spoils of battle” only to get more trash… I mean piles of bloodstone dust. Which at this times is really trash, I can’t even sell it to a vendor, I always have to destroy it.

Removing those messages would make me happier.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

Devon, hang in there, please don’t take our words to heart, truth is WVW is a great fun place to hang out with like minded people, we love it and fight to preserve it as an important part of ‘our side’ of the game.

Don’t take us too serious bro, if the game was terrible, we wouldn’t bother getting excited and defensive about it, if anything, be happy you are in charge of such a powerful part of the game. We are pvp’rs , we fight, that’s what we do lol

in WvW

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

What is this dargonite you speak of ?
Only needed for ascended weapons?
Good thing those don’t mean a thing is wvw

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Probably need it for ascended armour too.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

With all due respect Devon, this wasn’t the original promise for WvW.

The original promise for WvW was that you didn’t have to play any other part of the game if you didn’t want to. You could completely level up and gear up within WvW.

Ascended gear was a fundamental post-launch 180 on the game design. We know that. But that doesn’t meant you have to break the promise of not having to do PvE.

And to be clear, that is the developers stated intention, that you “want people playing all the parts of the game.” You want WvW’ers to do PvE.

What happened to “Play Your Way”?

He said that WvW wouldn’t be the optimal way, not that WvW would be forgotten completely. The optimal way to level is to craft, not PvE or WvW. The optimal way to get some mats is WvW, while PvE is another. You can play however you want, but certain aspects of the game will always give you rewards faster than other aspects of the game.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

A lot of the wvw player base doesn’t like the other parts of the game.

Because they’re kitten

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

We are in the process of making a change to the requirements for most things that take the vial of essence to make them acquirable outside of the fractals. We don’t have more to announce right now. We 100% agree with the premise of that statement in regards to fractals, however.

Bless you.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i wouldn’t say they (Pve events ) are kitten, I took some time yesterday to do some pve and found a nice crew at jormag , and invited a few to go to the dwayana temple, we had a blast , but its just not something I want to do all day every day…..I have way more fun shoving my greatsword in some op warriors face with my zerg buds.

PVP’rs like adventure – but doing the same pve events over and over is not an adventure – it’s mindless repetition… – wvw and pvp is always alive and changing, so it’s less likely to become redundant. Heck, even getting facerolled can be a fun badge fest if you know where to stand in the spawn area. wvw is hilarious, pve isn’t.

pvp’rs got jokes and a sense of humor, you don’t find as much comedy in pve as you do in big battles where you turn the big bad warrior into a moa …that’s just priceless!!

here’s the difference, if you laugh and taunt jormag, you are pretty much a buffoon because it’s ai ….but if you turn another entire zerg into a moa ..oh boy! you WILL read about it in some random forum as headline news!

(edited by Ricky.4706)

in WvW

rultax.2604

You don’t even, because you didn’t read what he said…He was pointing out that when balancing rewards, he doesn’t want WvW to become a better place to gain rewards than PvE. If WvW was more efficient then people would fill maps to farm rather than play WvW.

This is correct.

I don’t envy the decisions Devon has to make. It is a balancing act that I’m sure he’s all too aware of.

Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

I think you don’t have a clear idea of the difference.

Apart from stats differences (which are not very high between exotics and ascended), the most important part is/will be the difference in weapon damage/armor rating of every single piece.

Ascended weapons -> +5% weapon damage compared to Exotic weapons (for example, a gs goes from 995-1100 to 1045-1155, +5% dmg, or an sb goes from 905-1000 to 950-1050, again +5%).

Same goes (if you go check the links in game) for the new ascended armors: +5% to armor rating for every single piece.

This means that a full exo geared character will have a “differential” of about 7-8% to a full ascended geared one. And 8% is a HUGE systemic difference.

And people who love only to do WvW should be able to get the same ascended “rewards” as PvE ones, if they play roughly the same overall time.

in WvW

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Not to mention that acquiring Ancient Wood and Orichalcum Ore in WvW is a joke.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Terrific. Thank you. I hope it’s soon since that expansion is coming up on its one year anniversary!

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Meh, I destroy all my ascended crafting mats because I don’t craft.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

in WvW

Ironvos.9014

Apart from stats differences (which are not very high between exotics and ascended), the most important part is/will be the difference in weapon damage/armor rating of every single piece.

Ascended weapons -> +5% weapon damage compared to Exotic weapons (for example, a gs goes from 995-1100 to 1045-1155, +5% dmg, or an sb goes from 905-1000 to 950-1050, again +5%).

Same goes (if you go check the links in game) for the new ascended armors: +5% to armor rating for every single piece.

This means that a full exo geared character will have a “differential” of about 7-8% to a full ascended geared one. And 8% is a HUGE systemic difference.

And people who love only to do WvW should be able to get the same ascended “rewards” as PvE ones, if they play roughly the same overall time.

That 8% isn’t going to help that pve farmer win anything in wvw against wvw veterans who are in exotics.
Even in wvw with the old bloodlust, that +150 stat points wasn’t going to make you a better player.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

That 8% isn’t going to help that pve farmer win anything in wvw against wvw veterans who are in exotics.
Even in wvw with the old bloodlust, that +150 stat points wasn’t going to make you a better player.

Let’s say I’m a veteran, for argument’s sake. I have a hypothetical guardian I’ve spent hundreds of hours on (it’s my 2nd character, don’t judge me) with mostly ascended gear where possible and the guard buffs.

Now I wanna make a warrior. Bein of short money, I barely put together exotic gear and now have to learn my class playing against people who have +2000 hp over me, +120 condition damage, +120 power, and +8% to all their stats.

Well, that’s fantastic. Who thought that was a good idea?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: teg.1340

teg.1340

It is also the case, that we want people playing all the parts of the game, so there are always going to be optimal ways to get specific rewards and those may not always include WvW.

Why dont you admit that you just want the WvW people to also play all the PVE contents? Because thats how it is. You have to PVE to get all the ascended stuff in a reasonable amount of time. You DONT have to do WvW to get anything.

in WvW

Ironvos.9014

Let’s say I’m a veteran, for argument’s sake. I have a hypothetical guardian I’ve spent hundreds of hours on (it’s my 2nd character, don’t judge me) with mostly ascended gear where possible and the guard buffs.

Now I wanna make a warrior. Bein of short money, I barely put together exotic gear and now have to learn my class playing against people who have +2000 hp over me, +120 condition damage, +120 power, and +8% to all their stats.

Well, that’s fantastic. Who thought that was a good idea?

Learning your class, and the other classes is still more important than those few hp and stat boosts.
One wrong timed dodge will costs a lot more than the 2000 extra hp the other player has.
One wrong timed or bad placed skill and you lost a big portion of your dps.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

Thanks for replying Devon. As always the problem isn’t really that WvW isn’t the optimal place to earn rewards, but rather that earning enough of this particular reward is unrealistic to begin with and requires an unreasonably disproportionate amount of time compared to earning it from other sources. In other words, as long as it’s possible to earn rewards at a reasonable rate, it’s all well and good that PvE offers higher returns (in fact it’s probably preferable, since WvW is better off not being the prime target for farming activities). It’s striking a balance between encouraging players to try out different content, which is fine, and players feeling effectively forced to play certain content. In terms of dragonite ore, GW2 currently leans towards the latter.

Anyway, it’s good to know that you’re aware of the problem and that steps are being taken to address it. We’re not asking that WvW be the best place to earn rewards (of any kind) – just put us within a reasonable distance.

in WvW

Posted by: SQLOwns.7316

SQLOwns.7316

The only thing I don’t like about the ascended stuff, is all the materials are account bound…i don’t know why they would do that…wait, oh yeah for the money.

SQL Owns – Elementalist
Dragon Steel [DSL]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I’m curious if you can name one thing achievable in WvWvW that isn’t faster and more abundant in PvE?

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

rultax.2604

I’m curious if you can name one thing achievable in WvWvW that isn’t faster and more abundant in PvE?

Ascended amulets and rings are both cheaper in WvW than in PvE.

Ehmry Bay