6 hours of wvw for 22 dragonite ore

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I’m curious if you can name one thing achievable in WvWvW that isn’t faster and more abundant in PvE?

Badges of honor.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

Let’s say I’m a veteran, for argument’s sake. I have a hypothetical guardian I’ve spent hundreds of hours on (it’s my 2nd character, don’t judge me) with mostly ascended gear where possible and the guard buffs.

Now I wanna make a warrior. Bein of short money, I barely put together exotic gear and now have to learn my class playing against people who have +2000 hp over me, +120 condition damage, +120 power, and +8% to all their stats.

Well, that’s fantastic. Who thought that was a good idea?

And that hits the nail on the head:

Those who are the more casual players will ALWAYS be at a disadvantage to those who are not in WvW. I wouldn’t even call myself casual…I just don’t PVE enough to get the rewards.

YOU KNOW BECAUSE I’M BUSY KILLING REAL PEOPLE ONLINE. Which one would think is a bigger accomplishment than grinding some pve mode.

I can only assume that ANET wants that. 6000+ badges left after gearing 4 other characters, and I still can’t get an ascended backpiece from a WvW vendor.

I don’t expect the weapons or armor to be any different, at least it won’t be any time soon.

I expect there’s a reason they put the crafting areas in our home bl’s…

I suspect that the vast majority of us just want to be competitive versus people that spend more time playing PVE in the game than us…

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

I really hope the crown jewel of winning seasons isn’t stacks of ascended materials.

I have at least 5 stacks of fragments and ores and I don’t need to be making ascended weapons since I have legendaries.

The ascended materials are in the chests that are awarded for completing specific achievements in the WvW Season 1 achievement group. They are attainable by anyone and are in no way related to your placement at the conclusion of the season.

nice how many times defending sm will it take me to get some dragonite?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

0. There is no achievement that requires defending SM.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Ascended amulets and rings are both cheaper in WvW than in PvE.

Someone might more readily have the gold rather than the account locked stacks of badges needed per piece so that is arguable.

Badges of honor.

Unless they now drop outside WvWvW then I don’t see how this even counts, last I checked they are a WvWvW specific currency that strictly PvE players can’t get (which is I think they doled them out in that achievement chest).

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

gennyt.3428

Yes there is.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Yes there is.

Not for season one.
Which is the achievements he is talking about.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: rultax.2604

rultax.2604

Someone might more readily have the gold rather than the account locked stacks of badges needed per piece so that is arguable.

The number of Laurels is less. So no gold required.

Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Spazzoni.1703

Spazzoni.1703

I have way too much of the Ascended mats taking up bank space. All from WvW, few guild missions. All in all I would love to sell it. I have no need for an Ascended weapon when it takes more Gold than I can get from WvW. And I refuse to go through map completion for a legendary.

So i’ll just kill you with Exotic stuff unless I get a drop.

Suicide Necro

in WvW

Posted by: WoodstockTC.6150

WoodstockTC.6150

It is also the case, that we want people playing all the parts of the game, so there are always going to be optimal ways to get specific rewards and those may not always include WvW. We are building the whole of GW2 and we try and balance things across all the game types.

Look with all due respect for the great work provided.. i dont really care so much what -you- want me to play in my free time.
I (you remember … the customer .. which provides recurring revenue through so many of your gems) enjoy a specific aspect of this game which is wvw. apologies. play how you want was advertised. great, here i am. dont try to hassle me now.

Without trying to be picky about the sentence in special, the core message still comes around like a Fast Food service stating: “yes eh we appreciate your interest in our burgers but you have to eat 9 chicken nuggets with bitter sweet sacuce before i can pass you the burger you ordered. sorry kid. dont like it ? well too bad for you. allergic to chicken ? well pass it to your friends. we do like our chicken nuggets and think everybody should enjoy all possible flavours our kitchen can provide.”

For myself, I never saw an instance nor did i ever saw any town beside the start towns.r do i care about ? not. at. all.

Could make them buyable, achievable, whatever but anyway present in or through wvw.
the guys with the least time are regurally the ppl with enough spare money to buy gems trying to catch up with the scolars, students etc in their clans and stay competitive enjoying the game experience with their pals.
you already abandoned some initial promises (no item spiral). i´d suggest to carefully elaborate and leverage further design decisions and the necessities for gameplay enforcements.
try to not turn borderlands sunken arena into an analogy.
customer loyalty is earned, not a given.

cheers,
nirax/ germany.

OCCUPY WvW – Nirax
human warrior; asura thief

(edited by WoodstockTC.6150)

in WvW

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

The rewards included in season 1 achievements should help to address this. Very specifically the ascended crafting materials. It is also the case, that we want people playing all the parts of the game, so there are always going to be optimal ways to get specific rewards and those may not always include WvW. We are building the whole of GW2 and we try and balance things across all the game types.

Another death of a core tenant on which the game was sold before launch. “Play how you want to play” is slowly becoming “play equally in all parts of the game if you don’t want to be punished with fewer rewards.”

Remember when it was trumpeted before launch that people who loved WvW could spend their entire game there? Gathering, crafting, leveling, gearing…

While still technically true, it’s too bad there wasn’t the caveat “…but rewards will be designed to encourage you to do other things”

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

The rewards included in season 1 achievements should help to address this. Very specifically the ascended crafting materials. It is also the case, that we want people playing all the parts of the game, so there are always going to be optimal ways to get specific rewards and those may not always include WvW. We are building the whole of GW2 and we try and balance things across all the game types.

We will continue to make strides, however, to make WvW feel more rewarding, especially in this type of area.

I’m curious if you can name one thing achievable in WvWvW that isn’t faster and more abundant in PvE?

Getting supply and building siege. What do I win?

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: Spazzoni.1703

Spazzoni.1703

We will continue to make strides, however, to make WvW feel more rewarding, especially in this type of area.

Must you win something other than Pride and server recognition?

What is with this ’what’s in it for me?" “I can’t do anything without getting paid” Mentality?

Go kill someone on a bL. Join a group/zerg and go have fun. What the kitten…. /shakeheadinlap

Suicide Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

There is a difference between optimal and reasonable. I think most would settle for the latter. Something like 80% of what you could make in PvE in the same amount of time would be fine (which isn’t even close to what we are getting now).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

To be fair, if he is a mainly WvW player on a fairly busy server then 10 mins of PVE could then incur a lengthy queue to get back to what he actually enjoys doing.

Well if he is on a server with such a lengthy queue, he had to wait to get there in the first place. Now of course this means that you have to stay on the same server and be lucky with events.

But if I had to kill time to get in WvW, I’d do meta events. Of course, I’m a server where there hasn’t been a queue for WvW in a while.

Of course I understand that if you want to play WvW, it’s not pleasant to have to do something else you don’t really care about. But if it took someone 6 hours to only get 22 dragonite ores, he would have been better off taking less than 30 minutes to possibly get more than 100.

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Nice work Frye.4608. You sucked up 3 dev posts that could have discussed game balance, class balance, or anything else thats more important in wvw than the rewards you get from karma training…

in WvW

Posted by: Sanduskel.1850

Sanduskel.1850

Must you win something other than Pride and server recognition?

What is with this ’what’s in it for me?" “I can’t do anything without getting paid” Mentality?

Go kill someone on a bL. Join a group/zerg and go have fun. What the kitten…. /shakeheadinlap

You missed my point. What do I win from the OP from my quote for correctly answering his question?

OP’d thief, lol

in WvW

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

can you get dragonite for defending anything then?

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

WvW when you’re karma training yields what, maybe 1-3g per hour? So let’s just say that’s 150-200 hours of playing, just to get the gold required to craft from 400 to 500, for each craft.

Then you need the mats. To get the mats from WvW, specifically dragonite in large quantities, karma training is again the only way you’re going to get a reasonable amount.

Then you need to log in every day to do your time gate craft.

Rinse, repeat for more weapons.

Don’t ever change your build enough to necessitate different stats.

Now how this is fun and rewarding again? You give more incentive for people to blob in karma trains, not even competing against opponents with defense of structures. Players that don’t blob get almost nothing except their pride while the blobbers progress to more powerful gear and faster WXP gain. Ok…

/end weekly rant

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

So far, the seasonal chests have only given me more bloodstone dust.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: yeosel.7902

yeosel.7902

Gift of Battle?
Badge of Honor?

in WvW

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Gift of Battle?
Badge of Honor?

Because you totally cannot get thousands of Badges of Honor for Achievement Points, right?

in WvW

Posted by: yeosel.7902

yeosel.7902

Gift of Battle?
Badge of Honor?

Because you totally cannot get thousands of Badges of Honor for Achievement Points, right?

I never noticed getting badges from pvE achievements, But still its probably easier and faster to get badges from wvw then from PvE

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

What is this dargonite you speak of ?
Only needed for ascended weapons?
Good thing those don’t mean a thing is wvw

I think you don’t have a clear idea of the difference.

Apart from stats differences (which are not very high between exotics and ascended), the most important part is/will be the difference in weapon damage/armor rating of every single piece.

Ascended weapons -> +5% weapon damage compared to Exotic weapons (for example, a gs goes from 995-1100 to 1045-1155, +5% dmg, or an sb goes from 905-1000 to 950-1050, again +5%).

Same goes (if you go check the links in game) for the new ascended armors: +5% to armor rating for every single piece.

This means that a full exo geared character will have a “differential” of about 7-8% to a full ascended geared one. And 8% is a HUGE systemic difference.

And people who love only to do WvW should be able to get the same ascended “rewards” as PvE ones, if they play roughly the same overall time.

That 8% isn’t going to help that pve farmer win anything in wvw against wvw veterans who are in exotics.
Even in wvw with the old bloodlust, that +150 stat points wasn’t going to make you a better player.

Let’s say I’m a veteran, for argument’s sake. I have a hypothetical guardian I’ve spent hundreds of hours on (it’s my 2nd character, don’t judge me) with mostly ascended gear where possible and the guard buffs.

Now I wanna make a warrior. Bein of short money, I barely put together exotic gear and now have to learn my class playing against people who have +2000 hp over me, +120 condition damage, +120 power, and +8% to all their stats.

Well, that’s fantastic. Who thought that was a good idea?

+1

And this is why Anet’s design philosophy fails.

On top of this they try to “force” people to play all aspect of the game, smh.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: soulcakeduck.7036

soulcakeduck.7036

Gift of Battle?
Badge of Honor?

I never noticed getting badges from pvE achievements, But still its probably easier and faster to get badges from wvw then from PvE

Every achievement chest gives at least 100 badges. 500 for the largest chests. I’ve received 5000 badges from achievement points, which I am relatively certain is more than I’ve received from WvW play (currently rank 320). It’s enough to buy 10 gifts of battle, without ever setting foot in WvW.

So it’s a lot.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I do the temple zergs for dragonite. I personally do not find them fun and am almost certainly taking the place of someone who would enjoy it more than I (our temple zergs frequently overflow).

That’s not a good thing.

in WvW

gennyt.3428

I do the temple zergs for dragonite. I personally do not find them fun and am almost certainly taking the place of someone who would enjoy it more than I (our temple zergs frequently overflow).

That’s not a good thing.

But but Anet thinks you should do it. Do it til you like it! And tell your friends about it!

:P

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

That’s not a good thing.

So why are you doing them?
You can get dragonite by doing other things than Temples if you don’t like them.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Who cares, just go champ farming like everyone else who lost intrest in Worldbosses and wants to spend their time efficiently to get the endgame stuff and then quit.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Hey Devon try coming over to UW WvW with your devs (no que times to worry about) and then try out how long its gunna take players to achieve some of those metas and then consider what the OP has said as well… not interested, didn’t think so —- you really balanced things out for us for sure!

in WvW

Posted by: Kerushi.7609

Kerushi.7609

I was taking a WvW break when ascended gear came out. There are temple zergs and champ farms on my server so I got the bloodstone and dragonite almost immediately. Then when I got close to crafting my first ascended weapon I realized I had almost no emp shards. The only way to get them in pve is to do jumping puzzles and I am really bad at those.

I liked the balance between the emp shards and dragonite orr, I got some of my friends who were pvers into wvw for emp shards, and some of my wvw friends to experience and enjoy temple runs. Neither group would have done this if it wasn’t for the ascended gear. Just my two coppers.

~Shirin Shi (Silvari Necro)
TFG Os Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

That’s not a good thing.

So why are you doing them?
You can get dragonite by doing other things than Temples if you don’t like them.

Temples give the best return on time spent for dragonite (when there’s a regular zerg) and you can’t realistically accumulate dragonite from WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

I really think you could give out more Dragonite for capturing the major keeps. Random 5-15 would make things a bit more balanced.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

^ ding

Even at double, or triple the dragonite ore wvw will not come close to PvE even in the most optimal of situations.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

So and if i must wait 2-4 hours to get in WvW?

Sorry i am on SFR since 1 Year now and i have never such queues so i cannot play as i want cause Anet have invited the PvE player to WvW with the achievements. Thank you destroying the part of the game i liked

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in WvW

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

“It is also the case, that we want people playing all the parts of the game”

you should reconsider that premise. you are forcing people to do aspects of the game they dont enjoy. i didnt enjoy to go through 7 scarlet invasions just to get into the funhouse (which took 15 minutes to do, argh! i LOVE solo dungeons, funhouse and queen’s gauntlet for example). neither do i enjoy world bosses /temples just to get ascendeds. trust me i’ve tried everything (dungeons, world bosses, spvp, tpvp, exploring.. you name it) and there are simply thing i dont enjoy because i find them boring or unsatisfactory in other ways. i dont see why you keep making me go through that content just so i get stuff i need for other kinds of content. i find it quite offending tbh. various content styles should be options, not requirements. (except for legendaries, achievments or similar stuff which you can skip or not without hurting yourself in other aspects of the game). as a wvw player i want to have the same quality of gear as my opponents and getting ascendeds requires me to craft and do PVE content i dont enjoy. or just play 900 hours of WvW for a piece (which is what i decided to do), cant skip the crafting though, neither the gold grind associated with it.

I was going to quote this as well, how can they think about forcing people to do things they don’t enjoy. I really don’t get it. When I first started playing GW2 I thought it was going to be a different game with open minded devs. But times shows that this was not the case.

There are some PVE content that I do enjoy doing it. But most of them just makes me sick. For example the SAB was something that I couldn’t take for more then 5 min. I quit doing it after 15 min and never come back. On the other hand is the content that my brother loves to do.

TBH I don’t even know why I still bother to write this kind of stuff, devs will just ignore this type of comments anyways.

in WvW

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

That is only because it takes less laurels and that badges of honour are a trash currency of which wvw players have stacks upon stacks of…

in WvW

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

The imbalance between rewards in WvW and in PvE is a reason I have not made any tries whatsoever toward getting ascended. You want WvW players to play PvE so they can stay on a competitive level in WvW?! Screw that.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

i pretty much only play wvw and i have about 750 dragonite ore so far.

not as much as i’d get in pve but i dont feel like i have to pve to get it either.

Oh wait… you’re one of those Tier 1 ‘pro’ players that run around in a 80 people blob right?

You know what…? There are people who want ACTUAL skill fights.

in WvW

Sirendor.1394

It is also the case, that we want people playing all the parts of the game, so there are always going to be optimal ways to get specific rewards and those may not always include WvW. We are building the whole of GW2 and we try and balance things across all the game types.

Look with all due respect for the great work provided.. i dont really care so much what -you- want me to play in my free time.
I (you remember … the customer .. which provides recurring revenue through so many of your gems) enjoy a specific aspect of this game which is wvw. apologies. play how you want was advertised. great, here i am. dont try to hassle me now.

Without trying to be picky about the sentence in special, the core message still comes around like a Fast Food service stating: “yes eh we appreciate your interest in our burgers but you have to eat 9 chicken nuggets with bitter sweet sacuce before i can pass you the burger you ordered. sorry kid. dont like it ? well too bad for you. allergic to chicken ? well pass it to your friends. we do like our chicken nuggets and think everybody should enjoy all possible flavours our kitchen can provide.”

For myself, I never saw an instance nor did i ever saw any town beside the start towns.r do i care about ? not. at. all.

Could make them buyable, achievable, whatever but anyway present in or through wvw.
the guys with the least time are regurally the ppl with enough spare money to buy gems trying to catch up with the scolars, students etc in their clans and stay competitive enjoying the game experience with their pals.
you already abandoned some initial promises (no item spiral). i´d suggest to carefully elaborate and leverage further design decisions and the necessities for gameplay enforcements.
try to not turn borderlands sunken arena into an analogy.
customer loyalty is earned, not a given.

cheers,
nirax/ germany.

Agree wholeheartedly! Respect!

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Don’t really understand the problem with that ore. I’m sitting on around 600 now.

Oh right, I did wvw before S1 and not for farming mats!

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

…We will continue to make strides, however, to make WvW feel more rewarding…

I think I’ve heard that before. I’m just wondering when we’ll actually see the results of all this continuous striding. IMHO if you’re looking for “rewards”, WvW is NOT the place to be.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

IMHO if you’re looking for “rewards”, WvW is NOT the place to be.

In a way this is nice. It means only those who truly want to WvW are in WvW.

HOWEVER, with the introduction of the Ascended gear grind, that positive is overshadowed by the fact that we have far less gold/materials to craft the gear — and the funny thing is we’re probably the ones who need it most because it’s an arms race now.

in WvW

Posted by: Nyxion.9142

Nyxion.9142

I just trash my dragonite ore. Can’t be bothered with Ascended.

Ascended are most usefull in fotm. I can’t understand why OP whines about them if he plays wvw.

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

Ascended are most usefull in fotm. I can’t understand why OP whines about them if he plays wvw.

Ascended are needed in WvW because of the arms race Anet started by introducing stat progression.

in WvW

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Ascended are needed in WvW because of the arms race Anet started by introducing stat progression.

yep, anyone that thinks Ascended will not make a difference is just being naive.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Ascended… the extra damage on the weapon is noticable… not gamebreaking but noticable.

I offerred what is a reasonable suggestion earlier. Rng 5-15 ore each take of a major keep. It would still be massively slower than turning up for 5 minutes of a temple take to get 30.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in WvW

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

If WvW start giving more loot queue will only get longer as it will have more farmers,be careful what you wish for

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Sadly all I require for an Ascended weapon is dragonite ore, the rest is all ready but I may have to take time from WvW and go PVE for it as I have yet to get any dragonite since reset although I am well on my way with the achievements.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

That is only because it takes less laurels and that badges of honour are a trash currency of which wvw players have stacks upon stacks of…

…and so do the PvE players from their achievement chests that drop 200-300 badges. And they have had a lot more achievement chests then wvw players because most AP upto this point, the vast majority of them, came from pve play.

So the cheaper trinkets in exchange for badges has been most helpfull to pve players aswell. Who have been given thousands of badges without ever setting foot in wvw.

As for the Season 1 reward chests for achievements. They are also disapointingly bad. 1 rare, 1 green, 20 or so dragonite ore. Some people claimed they didnt even get a guarenteed rare.
So you take 10 keeps, or kill 450 players, and you’re reward is about half of what you’d get for autoattacking some “Boss” in PvE for 5minutes. And that pve reward is daily, this achievement will not reset untill the next season.