7+ hours on queue @ WvWvW

in WvW

Posted by: xok.2915

xok.2915

7+ hours on queue @ WvWvW ! unacceptable !!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

It is weekend. If you are on a server with very high WvW population this queue will be normal for several more weekends. maybe yuo should switch to a server with lower population in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Makes me glad I’m on NSP. But then I remember we are facing SBI.

Transfer over, bring your guild

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

You should re-queue. Queue doesn’t really work right.

I have been in queue and knew someone was able to get into WvW when they queued well after.

Usually after I re-queue, it get in within about 5 minutes.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: Arreyanne.2683

Arreyanne.2683

LMAO they still haven’t fixed that, yes when the game released 2-8 hours ques were the norm on alot of servers.

You could always transfer, just a suggestion. or Anet could fix that que problem.

Once again we see people standing at the gates and spam clicking it to get in

in WvW

Posted by: Dyno.9467

Dyno.9467

LMAO they still haven’t fixed that, yes when the game released 2-8 hours ques were the norm on alot of servers.

You could always transfer, just a suggestion. or Anet could fix that que problem.

They’re bringing a new WvW map out already been mentioned

“And now, to destroy you”

Asura – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: xok.2915

xok.2915

am not leaving sfr

in WvW

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

wvw is unplayable now because this horrible queue and skill lags wtf i have skill lags every 2-3 min i can fight in big zerg or 1v1 and still got skill lags wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!§ i like when i fight 1v1 and in fight my skills stop works or have long activation like leap so after 3-5s my character leap to empy space and other player with no lags easy kill me

in WvW

Posted by: Krashner.6275

Krashner.6275

They’re bringing a new WvW map out already been mentioned

In the mean time they could actually fix the queue, they’ve only had a year to work on it.

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

wvw is unplayable now because this horrible queue and skill lags wtf i have skill lags every 2-3 min i can fight in big zerg or 1v1 and still got skill lags wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!§ i like when i fight 1v1 and in fight my skills stop works or have long activation like leap so after 3-5s my character leap to empy space and other player with no lags easy kill me

WvW is playable for me. Sure, we have some skill lag here and there, but I deal with it (and most the people I run with do, as well). The thing is, if there is problem (ie, skill lag), you need to anticipate it, and plan for it. That is all.

The queues, well, the achievements and the season have brought out a lot of WvW players. The system is also broke, so keep on queueing.

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

am not leaving sfr

Then your complaints are void.

Everyone pointed out that queues on top ranked servers were going to be the worst ever. Why are people surprised when everyone else was right?

in WvW

Posted by: Tyops.5894

Tyops.5894

We had queues over an hour on NSP for EB last week. gasp

NSP Why bother?….

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

am not leaving sfr

Then your complaints are void.

Everyone pointed out that queues on top ranked servers were going to be the worst ever. Why are people surprised when everyone else was right?

Agreed. It is either transfer, or deal with it. Last night we had some people in the SBI BL que for hours, and when they got in, the other servers had already left our BL and there was nothing to do. Feel sorry for them, cause they were stuck in a dead BL, with the only option of leaving WvW for the night, playing around in the BL, or sitting in another long queue to have some fun. And, we aren’t even a t1 server.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

We had queues over an hour on NSP for EB last week. gasp

You guys brought around 60 to SBI BL last night and took hills

in WvW

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

There’s a cure for this, it’s called not bandwagoning

in WvW

Posted by: Chipsnsalsa.2714

Chipsnsalsa.2714

Instant queues on SoS.

What you all get for bandwagoning.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Yep, Yep, I was a true bandwagoner. I Transferred to SBI at launch from absolutely no server.

in WvW

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

Since league started i played just few minutes after lunch one or two times.
Thank you arena.
Thank you devs becouse queue are a low proprity issue.
But oh! Keep put pve in wvw with AP becouse kids need to be satisfied.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The refusal of zerglings to transfer is what exaccerbates the problem with the current system.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

The refusal of zerglings to transfer is what exaccerbates the problem with the current system.

Agreed. So, they either deal with it or transfer. Anet isn’t going to give people priority access. They are not gonna up the map limit. They are giving an overflow map at the beginning of the year. So, wait, or transfer.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

Agreed. So, they either deal with it or transfer. Anet isn’t going to give people priority access. They are not gonna up the map limit. They are giving an overflow map at the beginning of the year. So, wait, or transfer.

That capitulation map is a mistake that validates hanging around on a “winningest” server. Why be on any of the others?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

That capitulation map is a mistake that validates hanging around on a “winningest” server. Why be on any of the others?

It could also hurt server scores as well, if people prefer to fight in it over the main BL. Being able to enter it, when no map is queued, is a mistake as well.

I assume they have their reasons for this stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

It could also hurt server scores as well, if people prefer to fight in it over the main BL. Being able to enter it, when no map is queued, is a mistake as well.

I like it, sometimes I just want to go around and kill people rather than PvD PvD PvD all the kitten time you know.

That said, if you don’t like the queues, come to a low tier server Like AR for example, where queues are just a myth.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

I like it, sometimes I just want to go around and kill people rather than PvD PvD PvD all the kitten time you know.

That said, if you don’t like the queues, come to a low tier server Like AR for example, where queues are just a myth.

I remember when we (SBI) used to face AR. It is a shame that people left and you guys dropped. I liked fighting you guys.

in WvW

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

I remember when we (SBI) used to face AR. It is a shame that people left and you guys dropped. I liked fighting you guys.

HA, how long ago was that Got to be over 20 weeks or something.

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Yeah, it was awhile ago. I hate seeing servers drop like that due to transfers, but players will be players.

I find it odd for your server, because it happened well before we heard anything about leagues.

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

If you didn’t want to sit on ques, you shouldn’t of joined a t1 server

in WvW

Posted by: Skan.5301

Skan.5301

Sorry. Can’t leave WvW even when I AFK because I need to finish my achievements.

Do you know how many loot bags I’m missing out by standing at a tower that’s getting trebbed running back and forth from the supply depot to the wall repairing trying to get that achievement instead of champ farming?

Answer: A lot. But, I need my achievements.

You can get in during week 5. Or week 6. Most definitely week 7.

Maybe.

“Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.”
– Euripides

in WvW

Posted by: Warthog.6870

Warthog.6870

I don’t see the problem – just spend 5 minutes gathering for the daily and you’re in.

edit oh – you might be on a broken server

Mag [DERP] [Goon]

in WvW

Svarty.8019

I don’t see the problem – just spend 5 minutes gathering for the daily and you’re in.

edit oh – you might be on a broken server

I agree. If you have long queues, you’re part of the problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Uruzet.1723

Uruzet.1723

Dear Arena Net,

I play off-peak hours and queue for a border I think will have the shortest queues. I get late mornings to early evening off from work and this used to be fine for getting into WvW. But I’ve not played WvW now for nearly a week since the leagues started because I can not get on a border.

The thing is, most of my WvW focussed guild can not enter a border either and we’re stuck wasting our time stood about waiting for the queue to pop. We only play GW2 for the high-end, top tier WvW experience.

Something needs to happen soon to help queues. I can tolerate super lag and insane blobs. Just get me on a border QQ…

All the best and hoping for speedy progress on the overflow map, I think that may and quench my addiction for WvW and keep me from losing my sanity.

Regards

Uruzet

Uruzet
Officer of the WvW guild – Swords of Underworld [SWD]
www.swordsofunderworld.com

(edited by Uruzet.1723)

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

Dear Arena Net,

I play off-peak hours and queue for a border I think will have the shortest queues. I get late mornings to early evening off from work and this used to be fine for getting into WvW. But I’ve not played WvW now for nearly a week since the leagues started because I can not get on a border.

The thing is, most of my WvW focussed guild can not enter a border either and we’re stuck wasting our time stood about waiting for the queue to pop. We only play GW2 for the high-end, top tier WvW experience.

Something needs to happen soon to help queues. I can tolerate super lag and insane blobs. Just get me on a border QQ…

All the best and hoping for speedy progress on the overflow map, I think that may and quench my addiction for WvW and keep me from losing my sanity.

Regards

Uruzet

Nothing is gonna happen during the league time. So, again, the only option is to transfer or deal with it.

On SBI, we don’t have queues on all maps during off peak hours, so I don’t understand why your server does.

in WvW

Posted by: Merry.7290

Merry.7290

Meh. Seven hours is ridiculous but the amount of players allowed into WvW is fixed. Lots of guilds and players transferred to higher population servers for the better rewards and what they may of thought was going to be better game play. Add Seasons into the mix and you have even more players hopping in.

Right now there are population imbalances and Anet will not expand the highest WvW servers to give higher population servers even more advantages. They are giving you overflow maps. You’ll just have to wait….and wait….and wait…

in WvW

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

There is a glitch that guilds use to jump to the front of the queues. If you dont know it then it is probably why you get a 7 hour queue. becuase everyone will be pushing in ahead of you

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

It is weekend. If you are on a server with very high WvW population this queue will be normal for several more weekends. maybe yuo should switch to a server with lower population in WvW.

Maybe A-Net should provide the server capacity necessary to actually run the game, regardless of server. It’s certainly not the player’s fault that the game doesn’t work as advertised… especially since the Arena-net’s business plan seems to rely on making the game unplayable on some servers and then charging the player extra to move to a server where it is marginally less unplayable. I sat in queue for hours yesterday, and when I finally got in the borderlands were quite empty, with only a fraction of the players they used to hold. Is A-net trying to run the game with less hardware capacity because some of their servers are down/broken? A-net sets the cap on server population, and A-net has a responsibility to deliver the game to all servers.

I only have so many hours of free time, since I work 50 hours a week. Spending those hours in an endless queue is not acceptable. All I can say is the situation had better improve dramatically before ESO is released…

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Posted by: sendaf.8375

sendaf.8375

I literally had never heard of wvw queues before they started talking about the new map… Sometimes playing on Fergusson’s Crossing has its advantages

Queues are there to ensure the game is playable and not a lag fest (although it sometimes happens, rarely on FC)

If queues bother you that much then transfer to a low pop server, WvW is still exciting and challenging in lower tiers and everything you do is THAT much more important (there is no horde of guys behind u to carry kittens)

in WvW

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

I take mediocrity seriously!

Maybe Anet is living by your moto too.

[DONE]

in WvW

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

I take mediocrity seriously!

Maybe Anet is living by your moto too.

Ever heard of tongue in cheek?

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

I literally had never heard of wvw queues before they started talking about the new map… Sometimes playing on Fergusson’s Crossing has its advantages

Queues are there to ensure the game is playable and not a lag fest (although it sometimes happens, rarely on FC)

If queues bother you that much then transfer to a low pop server, WvW is still exciting and challenging in lower tiers and everything you do is THAT much more important (there is no horde of guys behind u to carry kittens)

pay no attention to t1 fools complaining. Some people don’t quite understand the cause and effect relationship.

At the start of leagues I kind of felt sorry for t1 people, but that sympathy is starting to wain. They recruited tons of people to their server, and now it is hard to play. Everyone but them, saw this coming. They also wanted a league all to themselves. They also are complaining about JQ’s easier schedule.

The only thing they are complaining about, that I see is a valid point, is the lag. That needs fixed. No, JQ got the easier schedule cause they were the number 1 seed.

It is also not just the NA t1 players, but the EU t1 players complaining. It just seems that all the crybabies have transferred to t1, and kitten ed in the milk of the non crybabies that reside on those servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Kerushi.7609

Kerushi.7609

Maybe A-Net should provide the server capacity necessary to actually run the game, regardless of server. It’s certainly not the player’s fault that the game doesn’t work as advertised… especially since the Arena-net’s business plan seems to rely on making the game unplayable on some servers and then charging the player extra to move to a server where it is marginally less unplayable. I sat in queue for hours yesterday, and when I finally got in the borderlands were quite empty, with only a fraction of the players they used to hold. Is A-net trying to run the game with less hardware capacity because some of their servers are down/broken? A-net sets the cap on server population, and A-net has a responsibility to deliver the game to all servers.

I only have so many hours of free time, since I work 50 hours a week. Spending those hours in an endless queue is not acceptable. All I can say is the situation had better improve dramatically before ESO is released…

You claim that the game should work as it was advertised, but Devon Carver said in a post way before league started: “I’d just like to make a note of one thing that I think people aren’t considering when they transfer to stacked worlds. You will not, repeat will not, be able to receive the reward based on overall world place in the league, unless you achieve the meta achievement for the season. If you aren’t able to get into WvW much, you won’t get the rewards. So it is absolutely taking a risk to transfer to a world that has a large WvW population.”

People who are originally from the high population servers were well aware of this problem because of the Tequatl overflow issues. They also knew that people would bandwagon and make their wait times longer, this is not mentioning the PvEers on the server who want to get the achievements. They had the choice to transfer before the season started, they chose not to.

If you are a crazy serious WvW player and still want a lot of action, at this point you will probably get more battles that are just as epic in a server a few tiers lower than you. This is one of the few problems in WvW that players could solve for themselves if they chose to.

~Shirin Shi (Silvari Necro)
TFG Os Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

The queues have been insane in Gandara all weekend- 10am on a Sunday morning there was a 1.5 hour queue…and this is EU silver league. Getting in at prime time is a joke, and between 8pm-10.30pm is just a waste of time trying.

What’s amusing about Gandara is that come around 11-11.30 pm it goes from full to empty, with maybe 20 following the comm and 60 or so AG border hopping and capping everything.

SFR- I’m beginning to forget what wvw even looks like there, it’s been a complete wash out as far as getting in is concerned. After almost a year on the server, considering moving to somewhere a lot less crowded- but I do enjoy the massive battles and the bags that go with them, so need to find somewhere that still has some of that.

As for getting the achievements on SFR, not even going to try- can’t even get in.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

I think, it’s not actually the server/ wvw population, which make ppl crazy and what some ppl here don’t understand. Yeah Sure T1 servers have more ppl wanting to play WvW and sure, we have to wait longer… And that’s fine for me, even though I play longer on my server than the server-hopper.
But what gets on my nerves is this broken queue. Sry but when I’m in a supermarket standing in the line, than I can pay earlier than the guy who joined the line 5 mins later, no matter what I’m or he is buying.
——————————————————————————————————————————————
About the server transfer issue… I’m sure, everyone, who suggests to transfer to an other server, would be willing to leave his community, his guild, his friends behind, if something like this would happen to his/ her servers. end of irony you guys always just think of the T1 population as achievement hunters/ winning-team-joiner, sry to disappoint you, but these types of players actually came from your servers!
And what about the ppl sometimes playing wvw at night? I hear it from friends on other servers (T2 and lower) – their night-wvw is pretty… poor.

(edited by nickiehu.1674)

in WvW

Posted by: Bonaparte.5160

Bonaparte.5160

They should implant an approximate timer when you join the queue for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

Dear Arena net, Last night i decided leave Gw2 becouse this week all days i got 2,3,4 hours of queue in WxW, and this is unacceptable Quality of Service. ‘ll missing my friends from Sanctum of Rall and my guild [LUN]. But when one customer open a ticket in support and receives one email from suport GM that should change server will be better solution, was the end. In over 10 years of MMO’s I never had a response like this in a support ticket. (sorry per my english my native language is other). Archivments on WxW makes a lot o player thats never enter in WxW start play WxW and your servers dont support normal population thats play wxw now servers starting making giant queues and queue system we know thats a joke, one wait 4 o 5 hours and other jump in 2 min. Its sad a nice game, nice idea but arena net guys needs think better before make one change like this ARCHIVEMENTS on WXW without increase servers to support more players. Its sad that’s only solution thats support give us is CHANGE SERVER, if i won’t play with my friends i won’t play more. Goodbye maybe one day i’ll back or no, thx arena net per makes wxw impossible to play.

(edited by vonhellsing.2819)

in WvW

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You guys need to start realizing that the non WvW players already got their keys. Or they really can’t follow a zerg, because let’s admit it, they probably aren’t running yaks and upgrading towers.
What you are witnessing are players that are new to WvW because they enjoy it, and veterans that want to play more because of the league.

And a 7 hours queue ?! How many hours did you play in WvW after that ? And what did you even do during all this time ?

in WvW

Posted by: Batiste.2841

Batiste.2841

I was in queue for about 2 1/2 hours last night and then just went to bed. Never got in to wvwvw. I tried everything from restarting the client , to changing maps, to queue every 15 minutes. I am not upset that there is a queue. I am upset at all the hoops we have to jump through to get past arena nets BROKEN queue. Give me a real Queue that I do not have to guess on how to best get into a map. Is this really too much to ask for ?Please give me a Queue where is is first come first serve.

in WvW

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

I know we all pay our keys play, and so do not think acceptable queues, I’ve tried everything to promise, candles, voodoo, (ahahah) and that the server did not increase the capacity of players, but who would was think before its our service provider. Maybe if overflow map was created before than create archivments make all happy and i dont leave game, i know about many players that’s leave game becouse its impossible play WxW. cheers! Vonhellsing.

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I personally haven’t been in queue since a long long time. NSP have some queue maybe on reset but it`s mostly EB and the BL where our main WvW guilds focus. The queue only stay for a few hours and are really really short.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

I do not even bother to get in on peak for the first 3 days after reset anymore.It would be more frustrating if those who are in were failing badly though.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in WvW

Posted by: Coolmoos.8546

Coolmoos.8546

am not leaving sfr

Then have fun in your 7 hour queues. As I sit back and enjoy my 0 queues on all mapslol

Atriese 80 Thief – Os Guild [Os] – Northern Shiverpeaks