ANET Fix Your Towers

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

It is extremely frustrating to be fighting a large zerg only to find that they can walk or glitch through tower doors and attack you. The attached screens are from an assault on Sunnyhill Tower. Notice the gate is up all along. I am not finding fault with the attacking force, I am pointing fingers at a bug that has been around for quite some time.

Attachments:

Theftwind (HoD)

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: scuzbutt.8140

scuzbutt.8140

Pets can climb walls and attack siege, Not sure if thats intended or not but its been that way for a long time. Those names and “people” your seeing buy the gate are just clones and such. Again they usually appear inside the gate but dont really do much damage.

Also did you notice the one guy that did make it up inside is from ANET? Maybe he/she is there getting info on how these glitches are being done.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

Pets can climb walls and attack siege, Not sure if thats intended or not but its been that way for a long time. Those names and “people” your seeing buy the gate are just clones and such. Again they usually appear inside the gate but dont really do much damage.

Also did you notice the one guy that did make it up inside is from ANET? Maybe he/she is there getting info on how these glitches are being done.

yeah just noticed that too

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

what i find most interesting is that in the second screenshot, the one on top of the wall has the ANET staff member icon next to their name. i think it’s safe to say they know about the bug at this point. whether they’re actually doing something about it or not it still open to debate though.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

Next

Hey that is me!!!! I noticed that I went through the gate and immediately left because I didn’t want to take the tower that way. I also logged the bug and we will be investigating that as a high priority issue.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

Hey that is me!!!! I noticed that I went through the gate and immediately left because I didn’t want to take the tower that way. I also logged the bug and we will be investigating that as a high priority issue.

I don’t want to come off rude but were you guys not aware of this issue prior to you doing it your self?

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Previous

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

Next

Most reports that we have received were very vague and didn’t give much more information other than the actual objective, but with the help of my QA and what I saw we were able to get a better repro and submit a more detailed bug for further investigation.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

Most reports that we have received were very vague and didn’t give much more information other than the actual objective….

You’ve gotta be kidding me.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Most reports that we have received were very vague and didn’t give much more information other than the actual objective, but with the help of my QA and what I saw we were able to get a better repro and submit a more detailed bug for further investigation.

By what you saw I am assuming you meant “Oh crap I totally just phased through this gate”

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Sounds like we need more Anet players engaging in WvW like you then Hugh. Some of these bugs have been reported for months! I have a hard time understanding how all of the reports you likely received were so vague that it couldn’t be replicated outside of normal game play. Maybe your in-game reporting function needs to be looked at as well?

Either way, I’m glad it’s being looked at.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Caid.4932

Caid.4932

So after months of reports about a specific tower you never thought to go out and try and recreate the bug?
… Sorry its hard not to be a bit grumpy about this

Better late then never i guess

[Dius]

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Riselight.3695

Riselight.3695

Do you want to know how old the buggy gate in Sunny / Woodhaven / 3rd name is?

Riselight [WvW] – Elementalist
Smough The Cruel [WvW] – Warrior

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

that’s epic any other game and admins have fixed it instantly here we wait months cmon please-.-

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

So apparently all the reports that have come in over god knows how many months, were vague….

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

Ok so now we know how to get bugs fixed…

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

probably the worst excuse i’ve ever heard, and that is saying a lot since this is anet we are talking about

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Zikory.6871

Zikory.6871

He might mean Vague in a different sense. When a bug report comes in and says “Me and 50 People were spamming all our buttons and hit our heads on the door then BAM! 10 of us ported in before the door was down” May not be the right type of info they need to fix the issue. I’m sure its hard to pin point the exact cause of the bug when so much is going on. Either way it’s confirmed they are aware of the issue.

And tbh the few times I’v seen it happen the other server has been good about it and either stops and lets us kill them or they run out with out attacking any thing. Though I do feel bad for people that have had this bug taken advantage of.

[KnT] – Knight Gaming – Blackgate
Zikory – Retired Thief
Zikkro – Zergling Necromancer

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Hey that is me!!!!

l33t h4x0r Hugh to the rescue.

It Rhymes.
Haters gunna hate.

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

Leave Hugh alone guys! Seriously not worth getting kitten y at him on the forums over. The more kitten you give them here when they do post the less often they will post.

I was hunting Hugh down earlier but that group that he was hanging with saved him. Darn ANet is always zerging :p

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: skeet.1390

skeet.1390

Seems to me to be a case of oh kitten I just got caught better make an excuse

The only thing vague is your lack of understanding of your own game and your unwillingness to fix anything that doesn’t go on the gem store.

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

wait so after wut 6 months of thousands of ppl reporting this it was still too vague ?. Guess we shouldnt hold r breath for other fixes then

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

yeah just noticed that too

The ability for pets to do this was removed about two months ago, but reappeared with the patch about three to four weeks ago. Pets can walk through gates, run up steps and attack siege. Both ranger and necro pets.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

So apparently all the reports that have come in over god knows how many months, were vague….

If you worked in development or technical support. This would not surprise you one bit. Yes perhaps the In Game bug reporting tools need some fixes. However most reports likely only included the screenshot of the tower. The objective and maybe what they were doing. Things that were likely needed where:

What map,What location, Number of players around,What skills off around them, What the players skills were that were going off, What upgrade status the gate was,What side of the gate was being hit, Were there rams up, Any other siege up? etc… Etc. That is a detailed bug post.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

wait so after wut 6 months of thousands of ppl reporting this it was still too vague ?. Guess we shouldnt hold r breath for other fixes then

If the devs hardly ever play their own game and don’t really understand how it works very well, it’s not difficult to imagine that a comment that sounds specific to us might sound vague to them.

So no, I’m not expecting fixes to other issues either.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Cactus.2710

If you worked in development or technical support. This would not surprise you one bit. Yes perhaps the In Game bug reporting tools need some fixes. However most reports likely only included the screenshot of the tower. The objective and maybe what they were doing. Things that were likely needed where:

What map,What location, Number of players around,What skills off around them, What the players skills were that were going off, What upgrade status the gate was,What side of the gate was being hit, Were there rams up, Any other siege up? etc… Etc. That is a detailed bug post.

Agree on the map and location (also the time). Everything else you said is bullkitten. ANet has far better access to that information if they cared enough to investigate it.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: KingClash.3186

KingClash.3186

Maybe we could request that a dev goes into Orr to finally realize and fix the permanent cripple debuff that a lot of risen are inflicting now days, this is happening on a daily basis during my ori runs now, you know since all reports are too vague. :P

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

See you say that but I’ve submitted four videos of myself and of invaders glitching into the tower, with a full description on how to do it and exactly what skills to use. There have also been several topics about it that have been reported because they explain how to perform the glitch. Lack of information is not an excuse here. The players did their job, ANet did not.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: meep.2601

meep.2601

you all heard Hugh. anet’s incompetence is our fault, not theirs.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Dear Hugh,
can You please go to server borderland. Does not really matter which one. You there? Ok, go to the center of the map. You will se a little island there.
Ok you there? Please notice this biiiiig place of nothing. Yes in the terms of players killing players, having biiig place full of NPC and only 4 small placed with PvE content is not good.
If You can make this also priority. Better than new siege mastery or so.
And I mean replace NPC in water for something PvP. Like 2 towers in water. Or keep in water. Or 3 supply camps in water.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

you all heard Hugh. anet’s incompetence is our fault, not theirs.

Not true, but when people say stuff like “I see people coming through ____’s doors”, they don’t know much. It could be any number of reasons. However, if someone said “I used _ skill and at ____ location facing ____, I somehow ended up inside the enemy tower” it would be much more useful. Also, if you know any WvW devs in game, you could always show them. Worked for me when I found a bug and happened upon a dev!

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

However, if someone said “I used _ skill and at ____ location facing ____, I somehow ended up inside the enemy tower”

Too vague saying somehow. You need to report how you did it. Exactly where is the problem. Like bad line of code or other.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Next time i’m going to send them the corrected code attached to the report, so they can fix it asap…that’s how you’re supposed to report bugs i guess, if you want them fixed one day.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

I don’t know what to make of this.
On one hand, you need a lot of detail to actually pin down a bug. You usually have to try to reliably recreate it over and over so you can isolate the particular mechanism.

On the other, it really doesn’t sound like anyone specifically tried to do that until Hugh accidentally tripped the bug during his coffee-break and realised it wasn’t just a myth.

@Hugh psssst! It doesn’t sound very professional to admit stuff like that to the punters. Next time, say nothing. In fact do nothing – then you can’t be blamed if it all goes wrong.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Agree on the map and location (also the time). Everything else you said is bullkitten. ANet has far better access to that information if they cared enough to investigate it.

Class, skills, and other skills/players/classes ARE important. The fact of the matter is that the glitch on Sunny requires a rather odd set of conditions to recreate even if its incredibly easy to do once you know how to do it.

I don’t know what to make of this.

Be happy we will have it fixed, and that we found out how to report these bugs.

Steps:
1.) Get Hugh.
2.) Show him bug.
3.) ????
4.) Profit.

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

(edited by Vena.8436)

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Holm.7058

Holm.7058

you have been able to jump into jerrifers without glitching or anything, just landing ontop of the gate. I’ve found reports 6 months old and still nothing happening. Or did they finally fix it this patch?

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

The issue here is that dev’s can’t reliably pin down if the issue of gate glitching is within the actual area design of the map, if it’s a delay in the server’s received data that an update to the client causes the bug, or if it’s in the collision detection of the gate. That’s just the basics. There’s also some other instances that you have to consider, but those three directly come off my head – and even that may be separated into sub-issues if the code’s reused somewhere else.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Pretty cool finding when bugs happen to dev team in game ^^, as players also they can imagine how and why our reports can be “vague” couse we have no info if tower validations have some breach allowing being teleported to clone position.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I for one know that I’ve been “glitched” through gates multiple times by the fact that when you get a loot bag, it moves you slightly in one direction.

I didn’t report it because, well, that’s obvious / dumb as balls and figured I’d be clogging up the reports.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

lol hilarious thread. Hugh =)

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Chiolas.1326

Chiolas.1326

Don’t fix that, it’s irrelevant, instead work on the golem mastery and less damage taken by quaggans

/sarcasm

Quit WvW and Gw2 in August 2013

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Okaishi.8320

Okaishi.8320

When I sent a detailed support ticket with video footage of how any leap/blink can glitch you through the Sunnyhill gate I was told they would forward it to the development team. This was over 4 months ago, and now they will take a serious look at it, only after a dev finally glitches through himself. I feel like reporting bugs/glitches is a complete waste of time and you’re better of praying a dev happens to run into it sooner or later.

Member of TUP on Gandara

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

Most reports that we have received were very vague and didn’t give much more information other than the actual objective

we are users of your program, I glitch once too using my greathsword skill on the gate and jump back out the wall. this is exactly what happend. Its only one place on one tower you coud do that. so its clearly the gates have a crack in them or are not allighed properly

when ppl write here on the forum “I used skill 3 on the gate and got inside accidentaly” how you find this vague? what much more info everyone coud give? you expect to know game mecanics or fix the bug for you?

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Good to know that out of the thousands of people that have submitted reports on this, you are the only special snowflake that could provide enough details for it to be looked into. Never mind that the forums have described the bug in detail a number of times. Sure we as lowly, unable to write proper bug reports, players could understand and figure it out, no reason to think ANET could until it happens to them.

~ AoN ~

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

Such an answer makes me wonder why I still play WvW (and by extension GW2).
Sorry, no excuse here. This is just conferming people who are saying WvW has the lowest priority for ANet.

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Rookni.2469

Rookni.2469

All the reports so far from players have been like

“Hey Anet. Towers are bugged. Can glitch through doors using leaps, smashes, teleports etc. Please fix”

And Anet have been all like

“Nope, not really sure. This is vague. Not sure What they mean with glitch through the door to get inside tower”

Then one of the devs glitch through the door

“Aaaaaah so this is what they ment by glitching through the door”

Aaaand this is why we only get Catapult Mastery

Commander Yolo Oh Trollo. The power is in the moustache
http://www.youtube.com/user/itsjustfiction

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Tower gates get glitchy, people complain.

Tower gates remain glitchy for a while, people complain.

ANet dev has the glitch happen to him, reports that on the forums to us plus the fact that they were able to gather and have some real data to pass on to getting it fixed at a high priority… people complain.

There’s a very distinct point here where complaining has no further value.

#TeamJadeQuarry

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

Not you use someone’s post without due acknowledgement, here’s a detailed bug report on that tower… (far more so than what I gander just about anyone ever bothered submitting for this tower)

… and an inconclusive understanding of how to actually recreate it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/SEVERE-able-to-Leap-through-Sunnyhill-door/first

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Well what do you expect? One second we are outside, the next we use a skill or just randomly find ourselves inside, we dont know how it happened and sometimes we cannot reproduce the glitch.

But that doesnt mean there isnt a glitch! It’s not our job to find out, all we can do if report what happened and if possible how we think it happened, the rest is for the devs to figure out.

This is why some of us are concerned about the fortnightly living world updates, it means new coding for the game when exploits like the fly hack which have been around since launch still have not been fixed (not sure not seen anyone use it for a bit though)! There’s just gonna be so much code that instead of fixing the issue you’ll end up removing features, cough cough WvW Orbs!

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

(edited by Omaris Mortuus Est.2738)

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Tower gates get glitchy, people complain.

Tower gates remain glitchy for a while, people complain.

ANet dev has the glitch happen to him, reports that on the forums to us plus the fact that they were able to gather and have some real data to pass on to getting it fixed at a high priority… people complain.

There’s a very distinct point here where complaining has no further value.

if we keep complaining, anet may realize that tossing devon up to be the forum kitten isnt quite enough to keep us happy. the complaints here are that we arent being listened to despite anets claims to the contrary.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

ANET Fix Your Towers

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Class, skills, and other skills/players/classes ARE important. The fact of the matter is that the glitch on Sunny requires a rather odd set of conditions to recreate even if its incredibly easy to do once you know how to do it.

Where did I say they weren’t important? L2R. What I said was that ANet has far better access to that information from the history logs than players would be able to describe. All ANet should have to know is place and time to research an issue if they wanted to.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]