Any plans for account wide WXP?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

They have it in Spvp.
You play and gain glory and its character wide.
You decide you want a change and try another class and you have access to the same level of glory on that toon as well.

I enjoy playing a different class every now and then i get brunt out and want to try something different in WvW. but its a pain in the butt to be useless with no wvw skills on my new level 80 character that just stepped in WvW compared to someone who has the guard buffs and defence against siege. >.>

Also most ppl have enough points to unlock most of the skills so even if the points you invest in one character is carried over i dont see the problem with make the increase damage to gaurds on all characters because you already unlocked it

~Caedas~

in WvW

Posted by: Argus Thaal.3801

Argus Thaal.3801

Be nice if they had it to where Wxp was as you say “account wide” but have it so the points you spend aren’t. each point is spend on a character of your choosing that way it balances it out a bit. if not you have a person who has everything maxed and just has to make a new character to get all maxed again.

If they were to make it account base Wxp then it would be a point system where the points are character based. in doing so it’s pointless to make it account wide Wxp, unless you just want the title… then idk make that account wide.
either way you look at it, it’s truly pointless to have it acct based.

Thorin Thaal
[TSF] Leader and Commander
~Tarnished Coast~

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

I don’t see why someone who have played alot should have so unfair an advantage against newcomers. Why should his uplevel run around with guard leech and applied fortitude, when the new guy has nothing?

As is now, most of us agree that these 2 buffs are against the consensus of the game, to keep it fair across the board. At least we see the title and understand that this guy has played lots and lots on this very character.

I see no reason to give him this advantage to every char he rolls.

Account wide Legendaries would be a better idea infact, as their advantage is so much less.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

Im not bring in my upleveled im bring a new lv80. I also dont see what the problem is with it being an upleveled either. it probably making upleveled characters more welcome in WvW rather then a burden.

My example is I used a birthday booster and got from lv 20-90 on 10hrs of karma training. But doing that burned me out and i wanted to play something else for a bit. but all my other characters have like 5-20 wxp as well which kinda is a turn off from wanting to play them. But i have them because sometimes i need something new to keep me invested into a game. So i jump Mesmer > to Necro > to guardian > to Engi > Back to Mesmer. and across all characters i probably have 150+.

There are ppl who do have enough WXP points to invest in every skill as it only takes 1315

As for the account wide legendaries you can transmute it and make it account bound then split it and make it a legendary again. But thats not really part of this topic nor WvW for that matter.

~Caedas~

in WvW

Posted by: SvenskNavi.9378

SvenskNavi.9378

Alts aren’t meant to be a free class change.

in WvW

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

As argus said.

WXP account wide. Points spent = character specific

I play 7 characters. I play them as needed for our havoc runs, this means a LOT of my WXP is just storing up on characters that I do not have a goal in mind for other then the basics so I probably have close to 100 points ready to be spent… but as its split on 5 characters right now it is nearly worthless to spend it, as each one does not have enough to make anything specific.

So I save and save in hopes that ONE day before GW2 dies they will finally get wise to this, and make it account bound

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Be nice if they had it to where Wxp was as you say “account wide” but have it so the points you spend aren’t. each point is spend on a character of your choosing that way it balances it out a bit. if not you have a person who has everything maxed and just has to make a new character to get all maxed again.

If they were to make it account base Wxp then it would be a point system where the points are character based. in doing so it’s pointless to make it account wide Wxp, unless you just want the title… then idk make that account wide.

+1 i like this idea.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

But you’d miss out on so much character progression, guys!

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Wxp should be as it is, toon specific simply because it reflects one toon’s progression in a certain environment, such as WvW.

I really hope ANet leaves Wxp and the point system restricted to per toon and NOT per account, which is utter ridiculous as to why people continue to want and expect this WvW stuff to be account wide.

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Wxp should be as it is, toon specific simply because it reflects one toon’s progression in a certain environment, such as WvW.

I really hope ANet leaves Wxp and the point system restricted to per toon and NOT per account, which is utter ridiculous as to why people continue to want and expect this WvW stuff to be account wide.

So Gold should be character bound as well?

You’re too hardcore RPing if you think things done on one toon should only be reflected on that toon. Especially since you take for granted how much stuff that shouldn’t be account wide, is already account wide.

(edited by UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420)

in WvW

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Please explain further how exactly account bound wxp (skills char bound) would detract from “one toon’s progression in a certain environment”.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in WvW

Posted by: Gumby.1708

Gumby.1708

To make it fair then i want Characterbound Spvp ranks, Gold, Blueprints, Badges, Dungeon tokens, laurels, Achievement points (pfff why should your toon get credit for something your other characters did ?) , friendlists (i mean every character is another individual right ?)….

I mean why should my 14 lvl 80 characters share the same progression … i maybe the same person that plays this game and contributes to wvw, but my characters ? what did they do to contribute ? nothing if you ask me…. they should work for it !

I mean i got about 200 WvW Rank-ups in about 6 months, shouldnt be too hard to max all of them out right ?!

Maybe someday you’ll understand what a bunch of bullkitten this is. Characterbound wxp would only be acceptable, if it didnt take so long to max out one character or if you only were able to create one character.

(edited by Gumby.1708)

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

Everything in WvW in account bound exept for Ranks.

You can give liquid wxp to other char and you can buy them with laures, there is no logic in keeping Ranks char bound.

One interesting thing : you know the bonus chests ? Even character that never set foot in WvW get them !

I’m puzzled

in WvW

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

I’m close to sure they have to do this. It fits 100% of the GW2 concept and the whole process done so far. Actually the guy who came up with the idea that it should be char bound should be fired or watered or maybe arcaned.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I’m close to sure they have to do this. It fits 100% of the GW2 concept and the whole process done so far. Actually the guy who came up with the idea that it should be char bound should be fired or watered or maybe arcaned.

As of now they are sticking to their guns saying it won’t be account bound ever, but they have back tracked before and they certainly should on this. Almost everyone I know stopped playing alts in WvW. I only alt in PvE now where the rewards and achievements are… wait for it… shared.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Everything in WvW in account bound exept for Ranks.

You can give liquid wxp to other char and you can buy them with laures, there is no logic in keeping Ranks char bound.

One interesting thing : you know the bonus chests ? Even character that never set foot in WvW get them !

I’m puzzled

The problem is Anet views WXP as a form of individual character progression.

To my knowledge, no one who actually plays WvW views it this way. It is almost universally understood as perks for siege.

The system should be changed to reflect this reality.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

This only matters if you care about individual character progression. My characters aren’t real, they are an extension of me.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

its is the same with individual process with the skill points. they are not account wide. i have 500 skill points on my ranger. why shoud my lvl 41 thief also get them?

wxp and world rank are good as they are ( i prefered the non existing system )

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in WvW

Posted by: Shinoobi.1259

Shinoobi.1259

Your WXP shows your expertise with that particular class. You’re a very good ranger in WvW. You know how to position, what spec works best for you, and what you can contribute to your map.

Why should you get those things on your thief? Why should you appear to be more experienced than a player who only plays that profession?

Nah, I’m cool with the current system, even though I have a lot of characters.

So Butter So Fly – Mesmer
Bossy B – Elementalist
Pocket Rot- Necro

in WvW

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

This very much.
Make wxp accumulation account-wide, make the wxp titles account-wide, but the accumulated trait points are spent per character.

in WvW

Gumby.1708

its is the same with individual process with the skill points. they are not account wide

If WvW Ranks were as obtainable as skill points this problem wouldnt exist

You need much more Rank ups to unlock a mastery than skillpoints to unlock one skill.

And to gain one Rank up it is much much much more time consuming than gaining one skill point.

In addition to that there are often account bound skillpoints in champion lootbags whereas account bound rankups dont exist. There is liquid wxp which is a tiny fraction of a rankup and is much less frequent than a skillpoint in a champion lootbag.

These two arent even remotely comparable.

Your WXP shows your expertise with that particular class.

No it doesnt. It shows your overall contribution and time invested into WvW / your server.

The gain of World Xp is NOT in any way, shape or form class specific. The masteries and skills you gain are NOT in any way, shape or form class specific.

(edited by Gumby.1708)

in WvW

Posted by: keoma.5210

keoma.5210

Account wide wxp, or balanced classes! Mesmer hardly get any wxp because don’t have the ability to tag the enemy zerg with aoe attacks!

in WvW

Posted by: Dragan.7568

Dragan.7568

Other solution would be to take off guard killer and its def counterpart-skill, as they are the 2 skills that “brake” balance.

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Whoever said Wxp level should not be account wide either don’t play WvW much or only have 1~2 character maxed out, so to them it’s an “unfair option” against someone who spend time on maxing all 8 classes and spend time and money gearing them up…

Is not just the freaking guard lich, the siege is what really matters.
I have a character with ram mastery lv3, it’s very useful for taking towers and keeps, but sometimes I may need my other more durable characters, such as a warrior to do the job, and then I find out that he’s only lv15 or something while my main is 100+…

And if I want another character with ram lv3? Spend another 100 hour to level it? That’s really frustrating.
That’s the core reason why most WVW zerg do not have any useful siege skills on them, and most of them serve as a supply carrier rather than anything more useful.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in WvW

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

To my knowledge, no one who actually plays WvW views it this way.

O’Rly? 138K WvW kills between 4 toons that play WvW and I view it as I originally posted – it should remain character/toon bound, not account bound.

in WvW

Dragan.7568

O’Rly? 138K WvW kills between 4 toons that play WvW and I view it as I originally posted -

4 toons isnt actually much. Its a cup half full.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I suspect arenanet views WXP akin to Fractals. A system they put in for players to just sink a lot of their time into. An easy way to keep people playing without offering any meaningful content, just more of the same. Over and over.

Personally i find it far to inhibitive to new players, or playing alts. WvW was plenty popular without this skinnerbox grindfest.

in WvW

Posted by: Virindiira.1025

Virindiira.1025

There is no need to make wxp account wide. Why should a lvl 30 twink who was never in wvw have all the stuff you earnd with your lvl 80 who is rank 300+ ?
If so, there must be like spvp. Make all lvl80 make all have every weapon armor rankabilities who are ingame. you see anet will never do this because they allready have it in spvp. if you want that go play spvp.

in WvW

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

There is no need to make wxp account wide. Why should a lvl 30 twink who was never in wvw have all the stuff you earnd with your lvl 80 who is rank 300+ ?
If so, there must be like spvp. Make all lvl80 make all have every weapon armor rankabilities who are ingame. you see anet will never do this because they allready have it in spvp. if you want that go play spvp.

There is a difference between learning the ropes in wvw and learning the ropes on a profession. Once a players learns the ins and outs of wvw, they will not need to relearn it all over again just because they play another character. It’s like having to start over from kindergarten if you want to dual major or change majors in college.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in WvW

Posted by: Jor.2741

Jor.2741

Why should a lvl 30 twink share karma gold badges of honor dungeon tokens with your level 80?

in WvW

Dragan.7568

Why should a lvl 30 twink who was never in wvw have all the stuff you earnd with your lvl 80 who is rank 300+ ?

Why they should not have the skills? If player has played 800 levels to his wvw account, is it fair that you are 700 levels behind for person who plays only one char? Both players have invested the same amount of time to the game → they should be rewarded equally.

in WvW

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

If Anet had a $ everytime someone asked this on the forums…they wouldn’t need the gem shop…

But, Anet are digging there heels in on this and stubbornly say NO, NEVER, its NOT on the table, WXP will always be soulbound, DEAL WITH IT…

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

Yes please. Even if you make the ranking more grindy, I am still ok with it…

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in WvW

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

No thanks. It’s already way too easy for zerglings to get easy WXP.

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Your WXP shows your expertise with that particular class. You’re a very good ranger in WvW. You know how to position, what spec works best for you, and what you can contribute to your map.

No it doesn’t, not even by a long shot. Anybody with eyesight and functioning digits can run with a blob and soak up the wxp, small children do it on a regular basis. And being reminded of that probably doesn’t feel very good for a player who thinks they’ve accomplished something by sticking to one class.

Why should you get those things on your thief? Why should you appear to be more experienced than a player who only plays that profession?

1. Because I’m still the same player who’s played wvwvw for x amount of time.

2. This reeks of rank envy, which I don’t understand because you can’t see ally ranks and I can’t fathom why anyone would care about an enemy’s rank, it’s either they bring a good fight or they don’t. Their rank doesn’t take anything from me.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Gumby.1708

I would like to hear ONE good reason what speaks against account bound wxp. “Its the characters progression” is not a good reason, since they are making everything else accountbound and it should be “your” progression not the progression of one character, as everything else represents “your” progression.

Why are people against it ? What harm would be done ? There is nothing that would put you in a disadvantageous position. Even if it is character progression and you use only one character, it wouldnt change your gameplay at all. It would only save you time for the things you already worked for if you decide to make another character.

People that already have earned the advantage they have on a different character should have that same advantage on another character. You didnt change, your skill didnt change, the time you invest didnt change, your level of contribution didnt change. The only thing that happens it puts people that use alts at a disadvantage, since you cant use the advantage you worked for.

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

As argus said.

WXP account wide. Points spent = character specific

AMEN to this! 1000 times.
If I had had only one character leveled up to 80 I would have already quit the game.
Leveling different classes is one of the good experiences of GW2, it is fun and practically everything is account-wide. Alts do matter, they mean more skins, farming, etc. so they mean more playing hours.
So I do not see the logic here. The number of hours spent playing the game should count (as they do for everything else, glory, karma, badges, achievement points, etc.), not the number of hours played with one character.
If the game didn’t have anything account-wide, then I would agree also to have WXP restricted.

If you only play one character then this is obviously not a concern to you.

[ROCK]
Desolation

(edited by Manuelito.6081)

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

I can tell you that people join zergs and WXP trains also because they have to re-farm WXP for a new character.

For instance, if I decide to play WvW with a new profession, be assured that I would try to find the way to make as many WXP as possible and as fast as possible= join a zerg and tag whatever i can.

There is a good chance, on the other hand, that an account-wide WXP would not give me that pressure.

I have 7 characters and my WXP are spread all over the place. I like to vary and this is the only place in gw2 where having an alt is a minus.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

How many characters to you use, what are their levels, and WXP ranks?

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

My opinion is to leave it just as it is.

I do play all my characters in WvW, some have 300+ points and others only have a few dozen.

SBI

in WvW

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Clones of this thread has come and go… and Anet’s answer has not yet changed; a resounding no…

I would honestly like to see it account wide though.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrashbarg.9820

Thrashbarg.9820

There was a post from Mr. Carver a while back saying the topic of account bound WxP was closed, and off the table and not gonna happen, ever. While I hope they change their minds, I am not confident it will ever happen. I doubt very much that it was his decision and I don’t blame him for it at all.

There is an item in the gem store which suggests why the people ultimately responsible for signing off on game changes would be against account bound WxP. An item that I will continue to boycott until they change WxP to account bound. /tinfoilhatoff

Hats off to all the ones who stood before me, and taught a fool to ride.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

There is an item in the gem store which suggests why the people ultimately responsible for signing off on game changes would be against account bound WxP. An item that I will continue to boycott until they change WxP to account bound. /tinfoilhatoff

Precisely.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Dragan.7568

I think only people who want wvw exp to be char bound, are people who really like to bully and fight duels with advance. Not the people who love somewhat equal footing & close fights.

I really dislike this, but what can I do? Boycott the gem store? Look for another game?

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I can tell you that people join zergs and WXP trains also because they have to re-farm WXP for a new character.

For instance, if I decide to play WvW with a new profession, be assured that I would try to find the way to make as many WXP as possible and as fast as possible= join a zerg and tag whatever i can.

There is a good chance, on the other hand, that an account-wide WXP would not give me that pressure.

Re-posted for emphasis, this is so true.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: KillEveryoneElse.3940

KillEveryoneElse.3940

you want a high wxp stick with 1 char
if you want to play lots of chars specialise in something with each char

as usual people want the I win easy mode button

oh and omg omg ive got 2 accounts… I demand anet give me the same wxp rank on my second account because… ive so so earned it !!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The player base does not seem to mind the huge chunk of time it takes to get these things. The players are basically asking that if we pour hundreds… nay thousands of hours into a piece of the game we shouldn’t have to duplicate that effort across every toon.

as usual people want the I win easy mode button

Nothing easy about getting nearly 1400 ranks (the amount needed to max masteries) or getting 10k levels (the amount needed to cap the WvW levels). If capping WvW levels was as easy as capping player levels then most would be happy with it. Currently it takes thousands of hours of typical play to get the masteries. Hope you have roughly 10k+ WvW hours per character of play time to cap that toon.

I can cap 8 full toons in PvE before I can get one toon full up on masteries. I could cap 100 toons before I get Diamond Legend on one toon.

The WvW level scale is ridiculous. The WvW achievement scales are ridiculous. For example, with the current system nobody will ever get Yakslapper in this game… ever.

Irksome is when other players spout a glib opinion with an insult thrown in for good measure.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Gumby.1708

There was a post from Mr. Carver a while back saying the topic of account bound WxP was closed […] I doubt very much that it was his decision and I don’t blame him for it at all.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Got-a-reply-to-account-bound-WvW-level/page/2#post2641483

This was his statement and id still blame him, since he is the frickin LEAD DESIGNER OF WVW, he is the one who knocks.

The addition of those rare and small liquid wxp flasks is a joke and the overall increase of wxp didnt change much either. It would have been noticable if you were running a 24/7 karma train but thats not whats happening. It still feels like a big punishment and the statement still doesnt explain WHY we wont get account bound wxp. It really goes against any common sense of this game, to not make it account bound.

But hey an explanation would be too much to ask i guess.

Maybe they want to sell more wxp boosters … which i wont buy because a really minor boost on a short time limit for one character doesnt sound appealing. On the opposite what it does sound like is that anet is community-unfriendly and greedy.

You would even be able to craft every legendary in the game before maxing out 2 of your characters. This skin bullkitten, the lack of hard content, the absence of gear grind, overall accountbound stuff, the massive amount of micro transactions, etc.. everything is directed at casual gamers. But hey lets make WvW the most grindiest kitten ever.

Lets say you play 3 times a week for 3 hours wvw. 3 hours will give you about 1,5 WvW Rankups on average ( Scouting, solo-roaming, dolyak pushing, failed zergfights will even result in less ) . That plus random liquid wxp drops will result in about 250 Rankups in one year.

The most common abilities people running in a zerg put their points into are like:
30 points in ram mastery
10 points in supply mastery
1 point in repair mastery
1 point in build mastery
115 points in defense against guards
115 points in guard killer

That would be 272 points and you couldnt even afford that after one year of playing, which is okay because you didnt invest so much time as others did. But all that time you played would be for NOTHING if you wanted to get some diversity going so the game wasnt so boring playing the same character over and over again. Yeah you could grind yourself up another year with a different character and not even have the basic set of abilities zerg players use…. but i dont think this would be fun to anyone.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

There was a post from Mr. Carver a while back saying the topic of account bound WxP was closed, and off the table and not gonna happen, ever. While I hope they change their minds, I am not confident it will ever happen.

Ha!

Arenanet is constantly changing their mind. Even on pretty big things such as “no gear threadmill”

I remember destinctly how two devs where defending random-effects on Elixirs for Engineers as a “fun and challenging mechanic” and they would not change it.

Last month they changed it. I suspect they will eventually change their mind on this point aswell, but it might be a while.

in WvW

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

There was a post from Mr. Carver a while back saying the topic of account bound WxP was closed, and off the table and not gonna happen, ever. While I hope they change their minds, I am not confident it will ever happen.

Ha!

Arenanet is constantly changing their mind. Even on pretty big things such as “no gear threadmill”

I remember destinctly how two devs where defending random-effects on Elixirs for Engineers as a “fun and challenging mechanic” and they would not change it.

Last month they changed it. I suspect they will eventually change their mind on this point aswell, but it might be a while.

I honestly hope so.