Applied Fortitude - Low Level Characters

in WvW

Posted by: jonnis.2946

jonnis.2946

I was running around on my ele leveling in EoTM when I noticed I had 26k health. Not quite sure where it had come from but didnt think much of it. Figured it was just scaling. When I died however I found I had 11k base health.

It seems that the applied fortitude stacks apply before scaling happens, so the 250 vitality from my now account bound world points gave me 15k health!

I decided to put this to the test with a warrior, since they have the highest base health. I went into WvW at level 2 and had 22k base health. One stack of applied fortitude took me to 34k health, but oddly the other 4 stacks didnt further increase my health. Is there a maximum health cap in GW2?

Is this working as intended? A bug?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Remember that at the spawn you have siegerazer buff which give you extra health…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: jonnis.2946

jonnis.2946

I still had 36k health when running around in the open world. I had to get those stacks somehow. Another pointer towards there being a maximum health cap though as it didnt increase here. Check the 34k health in the hero panel

in WvW

Posted by: arKRazor.8654

arKRazor.8654

I can confirm upticks get a substantial benefit from applied fortitude. It’s okay though, the patch nerfed all their other stats into the ground thanks to trait changes.

I rolled a lvl 2 guardian immediately after the patch to test. The first guard stack added around 10k hp if I recall correctly. Additional stacks yielded no extra benefit though.

Halfpint Sapper – Poorly-traited Asuran Engineer/CatHound/Part-time Warbanner

Devona’s Rest [OHai][GloB]

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Then the scaling must have a cap… Because, let’s be real, you can’t get that much vitality even on full Sentinel’s.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Just wait for the first burst thief you run into that does a 22k backstab and basically two shots your entire HP.

Upscaling doesn’t really function that well- you can get a few peaks on damage and condition damage as well as armor, etc but they usually only last a couple of levels.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

There does seem to be some kind of cap.

Considering uplevels don’t even have traits until 30 thanks to this atrocity of a trait system, that’s perfectly fair. With the new system, all uplevels can do is stay alive. They can’t even hurt people when that low basically.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

They have much higher HP yes, but they still die in 5 seconds and have no-way to compete a decent lv80 players no matter how hard they try

So I’m fine with them having alot more hp.

in WvW

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Then the scaling must have a cap… Because, let’s be real, you can’t get that much vitality even on full Sentinel’s.

Pedant note here, but this isnt actually true.
37,473 hp without even full sentinels on warrior. 2717 vitality.

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Working as intended. I think ive gotten ~38k while messing around with builds.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

My norn warrior has 36k health in bear form, so I don’t think that’s the cap

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Nice health bump but uplevels are still fodder with it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Nice health bump but uplevels are still fodder with it.

This*

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Reached 75k health on a warrior (no joke, got screenshots), so ye there is no cap. I think the first stack for uplevels gives them all the benefits just because they are upscaled.

Ps.: I used pretty much everything to reach 75k health, not viable build.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Reached 75k health on a warrior (no joke, got screenshots), so ye there is no cap. I think the first stack for uplevels gives them all the benefits just because they are upscaled.

Ps.: I used pretty much everything to reach 75k health, not viable build.

I wanna see that screenshot, the highest I can get on a build site is 55k on a warrior.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Jessica Boettiger.2563

Jessica Boettiger.2563

WvW/PvP/Skills Principal QA

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There does, indeed, appear to be an issue with the Applied Fortitude Buff and Scaling. We’re investigating.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Inc gaming breaking fix, everyone run for the hills !

in WvW

Posted by: KenSniper.8690

KenSniper.8690

inb4 totally removes applied buffs in an attempt to fix it

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

inb4 totally removes applied buffs in an attempt to fix it

Nah… My money are on them changing the tooltip so uplevels know it works like that and renaming it from “applied fortitude” to “vampiric constitution”.

in WvW

Posted by: Campalishous.9076

Campalishous.9076

I had just assumed it was working as intended to give lowbies a smidgen of survivability :P

But it should be noted as you level up the boost decreases, my necro went from 35k to 24k leveling from 20 to 50.

[DIS] Campa Lishous

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Well atleast we’ve got someone that communicates that these issues are acknowledged and under investigation. Been a while.

Might also want to take a peek at the applied strength, imagine if an upleveld gets massive amounts of power/cond. damage from that and goes on a crazy burst rampage.
Infact, this whole thing seems familiar. Wasnt there a similar issue with Keep buffs (from guild claims)? And as a result everyone played an upleveld Ranger because they got absurd amounts of damage from upleveled-scaling that basicly turned them into mobile Arrowcarts. Aslong as they were near their buffed keep ofcourse.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

in WvW

Posted by: Alysia.4635

Alysia.4635

I like this Jessika QA. She is answering in the forum more often than usual.

My humble suggestion: make a run in our wvw servers with us (all tiers), i’m sure you will have lot of fun!

Alysia
kitten rver

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. There does, indeed, appear to be an issue with the Applied Fortitude Buff and Scaling. We’re investigating.

Uplevels are horribly outmatched as it is. Work on that scaling too please??? Especially levels 30-60 with 50-60 being the worst. As bad as uplevels were, the alterations made to traits tanked them really hard. As someone who’s just levels 3 characters the past month, I can tell you there a difference.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Pls remove xp from wvw and give us tomes for badges. Lvling in wvw is bad for everyone. Dead weight for friends and bad loot and funbreaker for enemys. And lot of players never touch wvw after finished lvling becaus of the bad experiences..

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Used to work with Guild Buffs too (for a guild claiming a Keep). Havent tried it recently, but a lvl1 character with a full compliment of the guild buffs had pretty serious stats.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: Vermillion.4061

Vermillion.4061

Good, please remove it so uplevels are less likely to play wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

I’m surprised this didn’t come out sooner. It was literally the first thing I did when they made wxp account wide. I had a level 2 Ele, naked, with 36k hitpoints.

It’s just not that useful, but it was funny.

*Make Tomes of Knowledge purchasable by badges already. *

in WvW

Posted by: Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Elmo Benchwarmer.3025

Please consider removal/complete overhaul of every single buff you introduced since release. Power creep is hurting WvW badly.

in WvW

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

I’d also like to point out this effects low level characters receiving any buffs to stats then scaling up such as guild buffs on a tower. A level 2 character defending a guild buffed tower will have WAY higher stats than anyone else.