Best WvW Guilds out there

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

Where could I go to find out which guilds in GW2 are the best in WvW at either zerg busting or GvG?

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

There is no official list. There used to be some decent GvG websites but they have dwindled recently. You can check out

http://www.gw2wvw.net/gvg

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Sporks.4395

Sporks.4395

Ark or vr from mag

#magswag
ikillwithsporks: ele main
tired of ele: war alt

in WvW

Straegen.2938

I am not saying they are the best and I have never been a member so my opinion is somewhat objective. Agg has been one of the tougher guilds I have run into. I haven’t played against many T1 guilds though.

http://www.agg-guild.com/index.php?/portal/

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

I am only familiar with North America

Blackgate:
Apex Prime [APeX]

Maguuma:
Everything Purple [EP]
Pyromancers [PYRO]
Arkham [Ark]
Kwisatz Haderach [KH]
Good Fights [GF]

Dragonbrand:
Aggression [Agg]

Sea of Sorrows:
Spirit of Faith [HOPE]
Night Shîft [NS]
Gotta Stomp Em [All]
Repel Time [ETA]

follow me on IG @yung_anime

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Why are people listing NA guilds…………………………….

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

Probably because they’re from NA and they only face NA guilds?

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Interesting that all the elite GvG guilds who say they are looking for challenging fights transfer to the same server. They know they can’t fight people on their own server right?

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

Interesting that all the elite GvG guilds who say they are looking for challenging fights transfer to the same server. They know they can’t fight people on their own server right?

you mean the same 3 servers? do you know how tiers work?

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Since I assume you’re talking about Maguuma, Pyro and Ark were always on Maguuma so we can cross them off. EP went to Maguuma coming back from EU due to how they’d been on SoS for a period of time and were looking to fight the SoS guilds, so we can cross them off. Lets see, KH as far as I know transfered off TC due to queue times not due to wanting to explicitly GvG so that’s kind of a moot point and we can cross them off this list of “guilds stacking Maguuma omg.” GF transfered off TC both due to queue times and also for a desire to rebuild within a stable T2 community, of the two stable T2 servers (Mag and SoS) Mag’s style and community suited them the best, so they transfered there and we can cross them off as well.

Lets take a look at that list again of Maguuma guilds.

Maguuma:
Everything Purple [EP]
Pyromancers [PYRO]
Arkham [Ark]
Kwisatz Haderach [KH]
Good Fights [GF]

Strange, it appears each of these guilds have good reason to go to Maguuma (or were already on Mag) which had nothing to do with them desiring to not fight each other or whatever other conspiracy people come up with. Truth is, as Wads said, there are a limited number of suitable servers and this leaves a decision to be made.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Corpse Flakes.5369

Corpse Flakes.5369

HB from BlackGate is pretty amazing in outnumbered fights.

GoF is great at what we do.

-BelieveGate-

Anet please nerf Paper, Scissors is fine -Rock.

(edited by Corpse Flakes.5369)

in WvW

Posted by: SFShinigami.2015

SFShinigami.2015

I like to think the few and not often enough opportunities SF gets to go unpinned we can hold our own just dandy. I think the most often we are able to pull off fights that are strictly for fun and not about an objective also, they tend to be vs OnS and DN and maybe 1 or 2 other TC guilds and the fights are always pretty kitten snappy so I’d put them on that list. I’d like to include HB but its more of an estimate because the chances we do get strictly for fights with them they usually have less so its tougher to gauge.

Jigglenaut/Numa Rar/Jakuho Raikoben/Tenel Ka Djo/Kurotsuchi Taichou [SF]/[LOVE]
All Hail CuddleStrike! Undisputed Empress of Tier 1!
Controlled by CuddleStrike!

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

Team Aggression [TA] trumps anything you’ve listed, and surprise surprise, they’re on EU.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Straegen.2938

Maguuma:
Everything Purple [EP]
Pyromancers [PYRO]
Arkham [Ark]
Kwisatz Haderach [KH]
Good Fights [GF]

and this boys and girls is why PUG zergs should be very wary of smaller Mag groups running the same tag.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]

in WvW

Waffler.1257

Since I assume you’re talking about Maguuma, Pyro and Ark were always on Maguuma so we can cross them off. EP went to Maguuma coming back from EU due to how they’d been on SoS for a period of time and were looking to fight the SoS guilds, so we can cross them off. Lets see, KH as far as I know transfered off TC due to queue times not due to wanting to explicitly GvG so that’s kind of a moot point and we can cross them off this list of “guilds stacking Maguuma omg.” GF transfered off TC both due to queue times and also for a desire to rebuild within a stable T2 community, of the two stable T2 servers (Mag and SoS) Mag’s style and community suited them the best, so they transfered there and we can cross them off as well.

Maguuma:
Everything Purple [EP]
Pyromancers [PYRO]
Arkham [Ark]
Kwisatz Haderach [KH]
Good Fights [GF]

Strange, it appears each of these guilds have good reason to go to Maguuma (or were already on Mag) which had nothing to do with them desiring to not fight each other or whatever other conspiracy people come up with. Truth is, as Wads said, there are a limited number of suitable servers and this leaves a decision to be made.

Oh well I guess if they had a good reason to transfer then they didn’t really transfer, my bad. You seem pretty defensive about some perceived stacking accusation, maybe examine your own insecurities to get to the bottom of the issue. If the GvG guilds want an active GvG scene, then it is in their own best interest to be on different servers, but maybe they don’t want that, who knows.

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

So I posted this because I’m looking to do some research into what the metagame builds actually are today. My idea of the metagame got ripped apart on my server’s forums so I need to wipe my slates clean and research it again.

As part of that I need to find who the best of the best is out there so I can watch their GvGs and zerg busting to see what they do.

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Facet.5914

Facet.5914

Maguuma:
Everything Purple [EP]
Pyromancers [PYRO]
Arkham [Ark]
Kwisatz Haderach [KH]
Good Fights [GF]

Oh well I guess if they had a good reason to transfer then they didn’t really transfer, my bad. You seem pretty defensive about some perceived stacking accusation, maybe examine your own insecurities to get to the bottom of the issue. If the GvG guilds want an active GvG scene, then it is in their own best interest to be on different servers, but maybe they don’t want that, who knows.

The guy you are quoting is from Agg, which is on DB atm. He is explaining to you the facts of the matter, such that you will not continue to hold such an errant opinion in the future.

Yaks Bend [SoF] [Me] [One]
Sea of Sorrows [All]

in WvW

Waffler.1257

The guy you are quoting is from Agg, which is on DB atm. He is explaining to you the facts of the matter, such that you will not continue to hold such an errant opinion in the future.

I expressed no opinion, just a funny observation.

in WvW

Posted by: Gaberen.4325

Gaberen.4325

In EU
As someone already said TA(Team Aggression) is in a league of its own i think.
But dont forget some other really strong guilds like VII, iNk, dF and newly reformed One(INC).

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

Just curious because I never get to face them, who do you guys think the best guilds on JQ are (given the numbers are the same).

Ge is probably our best. Who else?

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: timgod.9456

timgod.9456

all t1 NA guilds are trash with the exception of APeX

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I expressed no opinion, just a funny observation.

it’s been explained to you already. all the gvg guilds are on 1 of 3 servers, they are not all stacking in 1 server. if it isnt obvious why then you’re an idiot

in WvW

Posted by: Nanyetah Elohi.4852

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

my guilds will kick yer kitten. Bring it

For the Toast!

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

we got distances and angles, we got lots of communication and planning, we got coordination with the zerg, go

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

This opinion hit the nail on the head. From my time on Mag it seemed very much like good players trying to bandwagon with other good players. Note the last sentence is also an opinion. One fact though is that if just one of those guilds left mag it would open up at least five possible new guilds to gvg with.

in WvW

Nanyetah Elohi.4852

we are not that stupid. we will hurt you. bring it.

For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

They think skills is involved there =)))

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Reikan.2908

Reikan.2908

pretty hard to get information for this because of how many people will just say “my guild is the best”

in WvW

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Best guilds in game are EU, always have been. TA is probably top right now.

in WvW

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

we are by far no where near the best but we’ve just formed togother and are starting to produce videos ^^ (we are a havoc squad), check out our outnumbered vid.

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in WvW

Facet.5914

This opinion hit the nail on the head. From my time on Mag it seemed very much like good players trying to bandwagon with other good players. Note the last sentence is also an opinion. One fact though is that if just one of those guilds left mag it would open up at least five possible new guilds to gvg with.

The entire premise of the opinion is absurd. The server stacking mentality is derived from the desire to win the score. Does Mag win? Does Mag even try to win? Do any of those guilds care one bit whether Mag wins?

Sea of Sorrows [All]

in WvW

kRAVen.4195

Uh misread and interpret your own meanings much. Not once was the desire to win even brought up. Before you let your anger type something absurd try comprehending what is typed.

in WvW

Facet.5914

Uh misread and interpret your own meanings much. Not once was the desire to win even brought up. Before you let your anger type something absurd try comprehending what is typed.

You endorsed the most certifiably uninformed and misguided post in the entire thread. A post which, after being debunked, the author tried to prop up by attacking the character of his more informed counterpart. Even though that person wasn’t even from Mag and was just explaining the facts of the matter so that no one would be persuaded by his erroneous narrative.

The desire to win is necessary for the server stacking argument to hold up, because it is the only logical reason why anyone would intentionally stack a server. The fact that they obviously do not care about winning is just one way to debunk the argument. One could also point out the myriad of opponents that exist on the other T2 servers, such as Agg, NS, HOPE, ONE, EK, ETA, etc. Or one could point out (as was done earlier) that Ark and PYRO have always been on Mag, and EP only went there so that they could fight the SoS guilds because they had previously been on SoS. Or one could point out that because DB rose to tier 2 just one week before the tier was locked due to the tournament, but no one views DB as being a permanent fixture in T2, it is inevitible and normal that 95% of fighting guilds would end up on SoS and Mag at the moment.

Sea of Sorrows [All]

(edited by Facet.5914)

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

Last year I was sick, I had a tumor in my neck that was killing me, doctors couldn’t figure out the problem, I spent every day suffering and miserable, and I picked up GW2 as a way to pass the time until my family could claim my life insurance. I missed most of the year at work, and so I would play on my server during non-peak hours, often matched up against servers with much better coverage during these times.

I played a lot with [DPS]. The channel was upbeat, the commanders were smart and fun and would explain what was going on. They worked hard, did what they could, and kept things fun whether we were being doubled teamed at our Garri and holding nothing else, or we were on the other end of a mismatch.

I finally found a doctor that figured things out, had surgery, back from the edge, I don’t really get to play the game during the days anymore. But for my time playing day times last year, I got to see a side of WvW that I think most people don’t get to. I’ve been a filthy casual joining alongside a few guilds I think are pretty good, but DPS definitely deserves some props. <3

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Weird that no roamer guild gets any recognition especially that skill cap in there is much higher…

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

(edited by Lert.6287)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Weird that no roamer guild gets any recognition especially that skill cap in there is much higher…

Maybe because it’s very easy find 5 good players.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: neonreaper.4805

neonreaper.4805

If you want to recognize roamer guilds go ahead and do so!

[BE] Pumpkin / Rhinox3 / Reyn Time / Pale
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Maybe because it’s very easy find 5 good players.

this is wrong in so many ways, lert is right the skill cap is so much higher, and the builds are completely different to zergers so alot of players (even if theyre skilled) dont know how to play in a havoc group

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in WvW

kRAVen.4195

You endorsed the most certifiably uninformed and misguided post in the entire thread. A post which, after being debunked, the author tried to prop up by attacking the character of his more informed counterpart. Even though that person wasn’t even from Mag and was just explaining the facts of the matter so that no one would be persuaded by his erroneous narrative.

The desire to win is necessary for the server stacking argument to hold up, because it is the only logical reason why anyone would intentionally stack a server. The fact that they obviously do not care about winning is just one way to debunk the argument. One could also point out the myriad of opponents that exist on the other T2 servers, such as Agg, NS, HOPE, ONE, EK, ETA, etc. Or one could point out (as was done earlier) that Ark and PYRO have always been on Mag, and EP only went there so that they could fight the SoS guilds because they had previously been on SoS. Or one could point out that because DB rose to tier 2 just one week before the tier was locked due to the tournament, but no one views DB as being a permanent fixture in T2, it is inevitible and normal that 95% of fighting guilds would end up on SoS and Mag at the moment.

You cant debunk facts buddy. The first sentence in his post was an observation by his own admittance. The second sentence of his post was a question. I then came on and gave my opinion and then listed an outright fact that can’t be debunked.

You keep talking about winning. We haven’t brought it up once. Now i’m glad you can out argue yourself but please understand all we are saying is that they would self admittedly have more/better competition if they weren’t on the same server. Not that they are stacking. Not that they must win.

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

You keep talking about winning. We haven’t brought it up once. Now i’m glad you can out argue yourself but please understand all we are saying is that they would self admittedly have more/better competition if they weren’t on the same server. Not that they are stacking. Not that they must win.

I think whats being lost here is the fact that they are all on Maguuma for a reason, which has nothing to do with trying to flee from competition or make a weaker GvG scene. If you look at the list that was posted above, Mag has 5 guilds listed compared to SoS having 4, which isn’t a huge difference. The reason Maguuma might appear to have a lot of GvG guilds is due to how (as mentioned before) there are really only two true t2 servers currently, SoS and Mag. This leaves guilds who were transferring before leagues with a decision between the two, since no guild wanted to wait two weeks during leagues without WvW due to the transfer block.

Its possible that once leagues have ended, guilds might transfer off and even out between all the t2 servers, instead of just two, but we’ll have to wait and see.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Why all roamers wanna go server that have lot’s of roamers?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: spanky.4630

spanky.4630

all the best guilds quit the game

Monkeyspanks – [IRON]

http://www.iron-gaming.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

all the best guilds quit the game

It’s certainly getting to that point, is it not?

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Facet.5914

You cant debunk facts buddy. The first sentence in his post was an observation by his own admittance. The second sentence of his post was a question. I then came on and gave my opinion and then listed an outright fact that can’t be debunked.

The first sentence was a false statement. “All elite GvG guilds on the same server” = false. The second sentence was a question, asked for the purpose of implying some sort of nefarious fight-dodging mentality. That theory has been debunked several times now. You gave you opinion in support that theory and then stated an irrelevant fact.

It has already been explained several times now that the Mag guilds aren’t there to avoid fighting one another. It is a temporary situation brought on by one guild’s completely separate motivations, and the consequences of the tournament on tier locking and transfer penalties.

Sea of Sorrows [All]

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I was on EU recently. iNk, TA, TUP, DAWN,dF are really good.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

I like to think the few and not often enough opportunities SF gets to go unpinned we can hold our own just dandy. I think the most often we are able to pull off fights that are strictly for fun and not about an objective also, they tend to be vs OnS and DN and maybe 1 or 2 other TC guilds and the fights are always pretty kitten snappy so I’d put them on that list. I’d like to include HB but its more of an estimate because the chances we do get strictly for fights with them they usually have less so its tougher to gauge.

And that’s why your 35 man guild group plus 15-20 pugs got wiped on engagement against the SoS pug blob tonight on SoS bl, sorry but a 35 man pyro, Agg, EP, Ark, KH group would probably wipe the 50 man SoS blob.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

But to name probably in my opinion the best rounded guild on NA servers would be [lion], these guys run a 10-15 man group running from late oceanic to mid Eu and they are crazy coordinated and good in open field, even better in defending and sieging though.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: renmei.3102

renmei.3102

I’m trying to keep up and look into the best wvw guilds on each server, which are TC’s?

in WvW

Posted by: oregonice.6324

oregonice.6324

Blame It On The [LAG] is a newly (new name) formed guild of all experienced members. We are currently running in Fort Aspenwood. We have been together since release picking up skilled players and losing some as well. We run about 15-20 and dive into blobs.
Check us out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lZzpGCo62A . We don’t fight even numbered, and we can often win outnumbered difficult fights.

[LAG] Guild Leader Quality over Quantity.
Commander Guardian Angle(
SoR(BMS)→Kain (BMS)→FA (ATK)→FA [LAG]

in WvW

Posted by: RlyOsim.2497

RlyOsim.2497

(is a roamer not associated with any of these guilds)

TA are strong as hell, seen them wipe guild groups 2-3 times their size.
SWD are also very strong.

The Ghost of Christmas Past