Blackgate Thanks

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Gilgamesh.7364

Gilgamesh.7364

Hey everyone! Just wanted to personally show some appreciation towards all the servers that my guild (on Blackgate) have fought against! It’s been a fantastic Season 1, really glad we were able to pull through as a server & fight some top quality guilds.

I’m definitely looking forward to seeing that Golden Dolyak & I simply cannot wait for this upcoming Season 2!

Thanks for reading, have a nice day! ^-^

In WvWvW, there will always be 1 winner & 2 losers.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Undead Apocalypse.8157

Undead Apocalypse.8157

I must day, week 5 against bg (i’m from jq) was really awesome. It was really close during the weekend and We even managed to get ahead in poiints after a comeback. It didn’t last though :/. Gratz to you!

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

grats to buygate!

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: CyanideRain.3420

CyanideRain.3420

It was a hard fought battle. Many a hour was spent farming the gold required to transfer over enough reinforcements to make sure that SoR didn’t put us in our place.

I know Lil B!

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Dash.7108

Dash.7108

Can there ever be a civilized thread about Blackgate… Congrats Blackgate, congrats FA, and congrats Henge of Denravi.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Can there ever be a civilized thread about Blackgate… Congrats Blackgate, congrats FA, and congrats Henge of Denravi.

haters gonna hate,
everyone hates on BG but none have been able to beat it, so far.

It’s not BG’s fault you do not have the coverage to keep the good fights going long enough to overcome us.

Congratulations to all Blackgatians
you prepared for it, you fought for it, you managed your coverage to defend it all, you fought your opposition to the last man standing, you never ran from a fight.

You earned your win, let’s enjoy it.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

haters gonna hate,

It’s not BG’s fault you do not have the coverage to keep the good fights going long enough to overcome us.

you prepared for it, you fought for it, you managed your coverage to defend it all, you fought your opposition to the last man standing, you never ran from a fight.

well you earned the gold that paid for it anyways, close enuff

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: chestonu.8059

chestonu.8059

When servers no longer stack population, then yes. Those that do it will not receive the respect they otherwise would. Until that is rectified and stops for good, no chance. None.

Broon Khavar
– [CERN] Commander, Tarnished Coast
– “The best weapon anyone can have, is a sharp mind.”

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Eternum.1706

Eternum.1706

Congratulations, Stackgate <3

Tarnished Coast
ZzZz | Zombie Coast
For the Toast!

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

haters gonna hate,

Grats to BG on winning gold league.

that said, if you think BG never ran from a fight then I need to start recording wvw.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Perkysaurus.2630

Perkysaurus.2630

Congrats to the servers everyone knew were going to win at that start.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

My question is who congratulates themselves.. I just don’t get it.

I hope someday we will play a league where we don’t already know who will win in the beginning.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

My question is who congratulates themselves..

Americans don’t like the word “entitlement”/“self-entitlement”, do they?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I’m an American, but I just don’t support anybody gloating.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

no, but we sure love to hand them out.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

And you all spent so much time complaining about how easy a schedule Jade Quarry got.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

And you all spent so much time complaining about how easy a schedule Jade Quarry got.

they did, JQ should have received as much as a stomping from BG as SoR did. Egos can only take so much of a bruising.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

Another one of these self congratulating posts from BG? o.O

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Becka Williams.4978

Becka Williams.4978

they did, JQ should have received as much as a stomping from BG as SoR did. Egos can only take so much of a bruising.

Yet, somehow, BG still won.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

Yet, somehow, BG still won.

yes and they deserve it, my point was they should have had JQ and BG meet up as many times as BG and SoR did. Spread the pain around a bit more.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

does the word deserve now mean “have the most coverage”

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Canguro.5768

Canguro.5768

I will always remember BagsGate for giving me tons of shiny!

Maguuma

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

does the word deserve now mean “have the most coverage”

yes it does, if that’s the way the game needs to be played and that’s what BG did.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: dooger.2640

dooger.2640

We did not “win” anything.

A month of bad match ups and karma trains is a huge loss.
I have never seen a game so out of touch to the player base.

Maybe we make a set of real wvw servers without seasons, that also show player names and kill counts in zones. If you take an empty keep you get nothing.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Maybe we make a set of real wvw servers without seasons, that also show player names and kill counts in zones. If you take an empty keep you get nothing.

Hire this guy, he gets it.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Fannwong.3059

Fannwong.3059

Hello Peetee,

I concur.

There was a 2008 RvR game with the same mechanic (it failed on other counts) but essentially you couldn’t cap the zone if there weren’t enough enemy players to defend. It also had kill spam and shared wxp for kills (meaning that it encouraged more solo kills). And a 400% wxp for severely outmanned. If Anet could implement this it would encourage more folks to spend time in outmanned maps.

Welldone BG, for winning Season 1. You played the meta to the ultimate end. /notroll.

FW

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Gilgamesh.7364

Wasn’t a congratulations to Blackgate, if you read anything it’s a thank you to all the guilds that we’ve fought against all through out the 7 weeks of leagues.

It’s been an amazing time for my guild & I, hope that Season 2 is just as fun

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Wasn’t a congratulations to Blackgate, if you read anything it’s a thank you to all the guilds that we’ve fought against all through out the 7 weeks of leagues.

Might have wanted to use a different title then. Not hatin’, just saying it kinda invites this sort of stuffs from both sides.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Gilgamesh.7364

Might have wanted to use a different title then. Not hatin’, just saying it kinda invites this sort of stuffs from both sides.

hope that helped

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

I hope that there wont be a season 2, all the low end server of any league would just massive lose players. No one wants to get stomped for 5 out of 7 weeks.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

I hope that there wont be a season 2, all the low end server of any league would just massive lose players. No one wants to get stomped for 5 out of 7 weeks.

The ones who like a challenge will be there.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Cinder.2056

The ones who like a challenge will be there.

Unfortunately on lower pop server like IoJ or Nsp, those ones are just too few and far between. Nsp have some great wvw players who are always out there regardless of the match up, but when a zerg from a larger server shows up theres not much they could do.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

your wrong, maguuma and sos went in to gold knowing they are against the odds, but still they fought hard and never waivered, thats heart.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Cinder.2056

your wrong, maguuma and sos went in to gold knowing they are against the odds, but still they fought hard and never waivered, thats heart.

Then good for them! But i can still assure you that many players on either end of the league did not have much fun facing against server with larger population disparity. Might not be the case for gold league, but it is what we have experienced in silver league.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

gz on having most people ^^
and a quote because he get’s it

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Hello Peetee,

I concur.

There was a 2008 RvR game with the same mechanic (it failed on other counts) but essentially you couldn’t cap the zone if there weren’t enough enemy players to defend. It also had kill spam and shared wxp for kills (meaning that it encouraged more solo kills). And a 400% wxp for severely outmanned. If Anet could implement this it would encourage more folks to spend time in outmanned maps.

Welldone BG, for winning Season 1. You played the meta to the ultimate end.

FW

and how would you measure the winner then? how will you put objectives on such map that will keep players coming back? if you say by most kills then im sure spam 1 during zerg fights who spammed 1 the most wins, or people will just go nuts on aoe builds.

Blackgate

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Fannwong.3059

Hello Zeke,

I will assume that you are not trolling.

The game used a mix of objectives and kills to ‘cap a zone’. The formula was adjusted over a period of months. 99% of players never complained about zone caps or how it was done. I was on an ozzie server and EVERYBODY played the same meta, the solo cappers, small mans, guilds (including DiE, TRF, TKG, etc) and zergs. Every type of player was involved in the meta the developers set.

Even when one side was outnumbered, a small group of 5-10mans could prevent a zone cap, it brought some level of fairplay for outnumbered faction.

Btw the reason why the other game failed was due to buggy end game (worst sin), not the capture/ppt mechanics.

FW

Hello Peetee,

I concur.

FW

and how would you measure the winner then? how will you put objectives on such map that will keep players coming back? if you say by most kills then im sure spam 1 during zerg fights who spammed 1 the most wins, or people will just go nuts on aoe builds.

[SoX] – JQ

(edited by Fannwong.3059)

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Hello Zeke,

The game used a mix of objectives and kills to ‘cap a zone’. The formula was adjusted over a period of months. 99% of players never complained about zone caps or how it was done. I was on an ozzie server and EVERYBODY played the same meta, the solo cappers, small mans, guilds (including DiE, TRF, TKG, etc) and zergs. Every type of player was involved in the meta the developers set.

Even when one side was outnumbered, a small group of 5-10mans could prevent a zone cap, it brought some level of fairplay for outnumbered faction.

Btw the reason why the other game failed was due to buggy end game (worst sin), not the capture/ppt mechanics.

FW

Hello Peetee,

I concur.

FW

nope not trolling, just asking what you think would be the basis for such gameplay and what would keep people from playing it. i understand your point but also when we say WVW it means zerg, what your saying is also still possible today with 8-10man can defend a tower or keep even prevent a zerg, TW is known for one of the best defenders i have ever come across.

so somewhere your saying is like the gameplay similar to that of League of Legends dominion?

Blackgate

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Fannwong.3059

Hello Zeke,

Thanks for the kind compliment of TW, I enjoy the tactical gameplay and mindset of the leadership very much. I am a kitten with competent WvW leadership and direction in a guild.

I have not played League of Legends unfortunately. I played Warhammer, it’s very similar to GW2’s WvW in style, but not in form/function.

About small mans play like WAR, let say if PPT was dependent on holding X number of camps and Y number of keeps (for a lack of examples), a small 10 man could possible disrupt PPT by taking a camp short of X. That would give the smaller faction a fighting chance. That was how Warhammer was done. Of course if the enemy could fill every objective with 20+ man that would be on rare occasions (which was Waha/Wawa of JQ). And even with that nobody complained about zergs vs small mans.

FW

Hello Zeke,

FW

Hello Peetee,

I concur.

FW

nope not trolling, just asking what you think would be the basis for such gameplay and what would keep people from playing it. i understand your point but also when we say WVW it means zerg, what your saying is also still possible today with 8-10man can defend a tower or keep even prevent a zerg, TW is known for one of the best defenders i have ever come across.

so somewhere your saying is like the gameplay similar to that of League of Legends dominion?

[SoX] – JQ

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Dale Rojo.7485

Dale Rojo.7485

grats to buygate!

I gotta ask, bro…

Attachments:

Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Redwings, and Blackgate :D
God Bless America’s Team, BG
Season 1 WvW World Champions, BeastGate

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Dale Rojo.7485

Dale Rojo.7485

I would also like to thank the rest of the servers who played this season to the end. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the best season possible but that would be none of our faults. Hopefully if ArenaNet makes another season, then it will be fair and more appealing to other servers and players.

Thanks for all the fights, drama, laughs, and ultimately a well-deserved first place.

Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Redwings, and Blackgate :D
God Bless America’s Team, BG
Season 1 WvW World Champions, BeastGate

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

grats to buygate!

I gotta ask, bro…

I love this winner wins mentality, no matter how you get there.
when you are there pull out the smugness.

Go Murica! ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: chestonu.8059

chestonu.8059

grats to buygate!

I gotta ask, bro…

Go Murica! ^^

Troll statement. Leave America out of it. We enjoy a fair game as much as anyone. We enjoy -underdogs- who pull out amazing feats even more.

Do we like how things were stacked? I think the consensus is No. Did many servers fight on, even fight harder, because of it? Yes! So here’s to the underdogs, who fight hard to the bitter end. /.salute

Broon Khavar
– [CERN] Commander, Tarnished Coast
– “The best weapon anyone can have, is a sharp mind.”

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: TheMaidenInBlack.7516

TheMaidenInBlack.7516

I would also like to thank the guilds on SOR, TC, and JQ servers that we fought. A lot of really good fights against some kitten impressive guilds.
I dont like seeing all of the hate against BG that I see on the forums, there were not any tactics that BG employed that any of the other T1 servers didnt do as well. Trashing your competitors just reflects poorly on you.
I do hope to see arenanet tweak some things so that the next season will be better. I have some complaints about the meta achievements pulling people away from structured combat, and maybe some sort of server merging will help other servers keep up the same kind of around the clock coverage that BG has. Otherwise, I really enjoyed this season, especially the first couple of weeks. I’m personally looking forward to a season 2!

cheers to SOR, TC, SOR and BG!

Ranger – Marion Kotillard, Necro – The Black Maiden
BESTGATE PRIDE

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

grats to buygate!

I gotta ask, bro…

Go Murica! ^^

Or rather, troll post gets a troll reply. That zoombi guy has been in every BG thread crying about us “buying” guilds.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

Congrats BG, may your bread be warm and toasty.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Blackgate Thanks

in WvW

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Overtime is OP! Nerf BG for playing overtime!

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native