Blackgate WvW Dead?

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

No matter what borderlands I go to, it seems it’s as dry as a desert. What happened? Did some guilds transfer or something?

It can’t be the living story because let’s be honest, the loot is kinda lame and half the time things are bugged. Certainly not as good as the previous living story’s loot.

So where the heck is everyone?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Playing a better game..

Southpark “The stick of #$%%$%” just came out..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Knox.5162

Konrad Knox.5162

Perhaps they simply could not handle our heat anymore.

-Jade Quarry

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Zaoda.1653

Perhaps they simply could not handle our heat anymore.

-Jade Quarry

Please don’t bring the whole ‘my server is better than your server’ topic into here, I’m so over all the bickering of it. The topic is why Blackgate is empty, not who is better.

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

No matter what borderlands I go to, it seems it’s as dry as a desert. What happened? Did some guilds transfer or something?

It can’t be the living story because let’s be honest, the loot is kinda lame and half the time things are bugged. Certainly not as good as the previous living story’s loot.

So where the heck is everyone?

they seem to think that tanking before seasons will git them more guilds and the underdog status for season 2. it’s actually kinda pathetic.
a bunch of ppl fell for it when they pulled it before season 1. doubtful anyone will this try. unless they r massively stupid. which prolly means a lot will lol

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

This has been predicted weeks ago when EOTM was released. BG is basically “tanking” to make it seem like they are weakest server going into Season 2 to help get recruitment and for map politic purposes (2v1 another server).

The same formula was used in Season 1. If I recall, BG lost like over 100k points on the final week before Season 1 started. Other servers labeled BG as the “underdog” server. They were able to recruit ZDs and got SOR to double team JQ. Everyone only found out it was a trick when BG basically dominated the entire Season going undefeated…

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

blackgatewvw.com

This is a discussion to be had on your own server forum.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

So tired of these conspiracy theories...

For 6 months, it was all SoR is doing this and SoR is doing that. Do we really need to repeat this process now with BG?

This is a video game, people are under no obligation to play. Quit worrying about what others are doing and worry about yourself.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Sad to see the tired old theories trotted out again.

Guess I need to reinstate my sig that says we are not underdogs.

Blackgate is a PvX server. This has been mentioned repeatedly.

/beats head against wall

/stops

/realizes no matter what happens, whoever wins T1 top dog in tourney will be subjected to the same constant negative attacks.

/goes back to enjoying PvE during the week, and looking forward to WvW on weekends.

Hopefully without any 20-hour map lockout mishaps like last week

PS: Just as an indicator, there were several times this week when even the QD champ train did not exist on Blackgate. Lion’s Arch was full. GO FIGURE.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The idea that BG is tanking to get transfers is funny, as the server is “Full” and nobody can transfer either there or JQ.

Perhaps they are just taking a break before pushing hard during season 2?

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

That would be my guess, they prob telling all there WvW guilds to relax and take it easy for the Season 2, because when it starts they all have to put in 26 hours a day playing WvW ;o)

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Deli.1302

The idea that BG is tanking to get transfers is funny, as the server is “Full” and nobody can transfer either there or JQ.

Anet is most likely going to increase the server caps before the next tournament. Last minute impulse transfers are a huge part of anet’s profits.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Tarkus.4109

Tarkus.4109

blackgatewvw.com

^This

If you haven’t registered yet dont be shy, just contact an admin and they’ll set you up.

Retired OCX Pugmander and Guild driver [Tarkus, Vaelle]

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

blackgatewvw.com

^This

If you haven’t registered yet dont be shy, just contact an admin and they’ll set you up.

#Hibergate is prepping for season 2

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Seriously you believe that? The “Full” status means nothing. BG used to regularly have WvW blackouts to get guilds onto their server. JQ does the same thing (I have played on both servers).

We all know BG is ‘Tanking For Transfers’ (trademark pending) just like they did during Season 1. I think it will work again – guilds are going to fall for the ploy – then BG’s WvW are going to return and those new guilds are going to be stuck in a 4-map queue for 3 hours. Once they get into the borderland they’ll find a 560 PPT tick with nothing to do.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Seriously you believe that? The “Full” status means nothing. BG used to regularly have WvW blackouts to get guilds onto their server. JQ does the same thing (I have played on both servers).

We all know BG is ‘Tanking For Transfers’ (trademark pending) just like they did during Season 1. I think it will work again – guilds are going to fall for the ploy – then BG’s WvW are going to return and those new guilds are going to be stuck in a 4-map queue for 3 hours. Once they get into the borderland they’ll find a 560 PPT tick with nothing to do.

Some people are just delusional.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

That won’t happen because:
1. JQ is also a full server and thus have no excuse for server population (either of us)
2. We haven’t ticked so high since S1, against T2 servers
3. We don’t have any Oceanic WvW guilds (1 PvX guild, that’s it, our Oceanic population is comparable with T4-T5 servers right now, 4 outnumbered maps)
4. We’ve been bleeding WvW guilds since S1 and haven’t gained many WvW players domestically

Also, S1 wasn’t a ploy as has been mentioned ad nauseum. We genuinely lost a LOT of WvW players prior to S1. Only difference was that where we lost in Oceanic coverage, we gained in SEA and Eu coverage. Not only have we been losing WvW players prior to S2, we can’t gain any players either due to our [Full] status.

Right now is due to bigger NA guilds taking some time off, but our WvW population has certainly shrunk dramatically since S1. Naturally happens. We can only wait and see if the PvE crowd will show up for S2.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

(edited by Reverence.6915)

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

It is SoR’s vengeance! We kidnapped all your wvw players and locked then in a dark and sinister place where they will spend the rest of their lives hearing Justin Bieber.

Seriously… SoR is dead… BG probably on vaction waiting for season 2… the same happened before season 1, I dont think it is a “plan” to get more guilds, just that they like to pretend they are weaker.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Seriously… SoR is dead… BG probably on vaction waiting for season 2… the same happened before season 1, I dont think it is a “plan” to get more guilds, just that they like to pretend they are weaker.

I feel a real pity that SoR died. BG and SoR had such a long history together through the tiers. Our rivalry was well, unrivalled. We loved to hate each other.

Maybe fate will put us together again

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

I feel a real pity that SoR died. BG and SoR had such a long history together through the tiers. Our rivalry was well, unrivalled. We loved to hate each other.

Maybe fate will put us together again

I hope so… you are right we loved to hate each other… and always had the best fights against BG.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

The real answer: Our current goal is to make sure that JQ consistently comes in second, especially when S2 gets here. Turns out that doesn’t take as much effort to achieve as we thought ;-P

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I dont think it is a “plan” to get more guilds, just that they like to pretend they are weaker.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Zaoda.1653

Sorry I didn’t think about asking on the blackgate website as I don’t have an account there and I hear you need teamspeak – and I don’t want to use that cause of all the big brother stuff happening all over the world with spying (NSA, Skype, TeamSpeak, Yahoo etc.)

I really am clueless when it comes to all this guild stuff too. I came from Piken Square originally just because the time zones didn’t work out for me in the end (when I was on, people were off and vice versa), and I needed a server with a lot more people for both WvW and PvE living stories.

I’ll go check out the website. There seems to be quite a few different answers here so not sure what’s the truth, but I’ll just assume some guilds left and/or it’s the living story at the moment that’s making it empty.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I spat my coke over the NSA spying line.

Most likely it is the calm before the storm. People taking breaks before the season starts.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Michelangelo.1742

Michelangelo.1742

I thought it was just because they were having TS3 troubles based on the forum posts I was reading… no sense in tanking in a server like BG since a large portion of the population plays WvW because they love WvW

WvW Revenge Catch-up Mechanic & Contingent 1U1D!
Tidal Legion [TL] – Sea of Sorrows

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Don’t underestimate the best NA server!

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wait until the new season begins BEFORE asking if a server is dead.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

It’s gonna be a knock-down, drag out battle for 1st place between TC and BG, you watch BG is far from dead.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

You know nothing about what a dead server is until you play on Ehmry Bay at night.

Nothing.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Their probably all in PvE farming for all those Guilds they need to buy for Season 2.

Yip I went there

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I thought it was just because they were having TS3 troubles based on the forum posts I was reading…

Other servers got hit just as hard, they were just more pro active about it.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Crimson Riddles.3892

Crimson Riddles.3892

BG is clearly just the underdog in their matchup… Happens in every tier with various servers.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: geist.3980

geist.3980

you couldn’t swing a JQ corpse without hitting 50 BG invaders pouring out of the bushes this morning, I’d say the hibernation is over

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: jojojoon.8607

jojojoon.8607

you couldn’t swing a JQ corpse without hitting 50 BG invaders pouring out of the bushes this morning, I’d say the hibernation is over

So teamspeak, website, bathroom toilet, etc all magically fixed?

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Furyos.9538

Furyos.9538

I just got my computer fixed. That’s been the real problem.

Furyos (the big asuran warrior with the GS that runs at you 30v1)

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

goldenwing.8473

Oh? Are we Beargate now?

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

goldenwing.8473

PS: Had to update the sig with that one.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Don’t underestimate the best NA server #Hibergate!

Changed and corrected

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: SonofNoob.3102

SonofNoob.3102

Changed and corrected

Your posts are the worst on this forum.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Changed and corrected

How dare you, he’s Prime Minister or something

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Deli.1302

Changed and corrected

No, he’s the Princess of JQ.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Changed and corrected

No, he’s the Princess of JQ.

He is the official JQ forum liaison.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Insight.1683

Insight.1683

bg is farming during these weeks to buy more 10 guilds to win the S2 and make them happy and think they’re the best. I just can laugh

[WP][TW] – Arguns

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

bg is farming during these weeks to buy more 10 guilds to win the S2 and make them happy and think they’re the best. I just can laugh

Let me guess, you transferred to TC after they had already made it into T1? Isn’t that exactly what you are condemning?

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

dude…lol

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Insight.1683

No one bought my guild to win, i just transfered from SoR, witch is dead.

[WP][TW] – Arguns

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Insight.1683

And i cant stay away from t1, kill bg and jq blobs is aewsome!

[WP][TW] – Arguns

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Dear lord, the grammar jedi are going to feel that one.

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Posted by: Radke.9467

Radke.9467

Well thanks for giving us someone to farm, LUN

Blackgate WvW Dead?

in WvW

Insight.1683

1318 kill on reset, not dat bad

[WP][TW] – Arguns