Call to Arms: We want your WvW videos!

in WvW

Posted by: Tonaius.6712

Tonaius.6712

Anyone else having issues viewing this post now?

IoJ
Agens Leti – Cmdr
Wolves Vs Worlds [WolF]

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Ah, nope all back now; well at least on this account, I made a pokemon reference and got an all expenses paid trip for a day!

but wouldnt it be easier to submit videos and the staff can then just use the video, remove the audio and replace it with their own??

in WvW

Posted by: Cardovillian.2403

Cardovillian.2403

I’d much rather see a video created by Arenanet that showcases all the upcoming awesome updates to WvW that makes us all say ‘Kitten Yeah!’, just like the original preview video I saw prior to launch that ultimately convinced me, a previously pure PvE player, to pre-order GW2. But I guess that ain’t gonna happen, huh?

WvW not taken off too well in China? Or am I being too cynical?

(edited by Cardovillian.2403)

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Im so happy to play a game where the relationship with the players and the developers are so close! Thanks for all the wonderful updates to WvW and that you patiently listen to your playerbase!

You broke my sarcasmometer so bad the technician I called said I have to get a new one.
And seriously… they ask for videos, but don’t even tell us what are they going to use them for? Dakitten?

in WvW

Posted by: Cedric J.3510

Cedric J.3510

Music copyright sigh

This is an old video

in WvW

Posted by: Ultimaistanza.4793

Ultimaistanza.4793

I’d much rather see a video created by Arenanet that showcases all the upcoming awesome updates to WvW that makes us all say ‘Kitten Yeah!’, just like the original preview video I saw prior to launch that ultimately convinced me, a previously pure PvE player, to pre-order GW2. But I guess that ain’t gonna happen, huh?

WvW not taken off too well in China? Or am I being too cynical?

It probably has something to do with the data-mined trial accounts . They need to find some way of replenishing the WvW pop since they’re loosing so many players.

in WvW

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

This shows some pretty epic action happening on HoD, although the video is not mine personally and not sure about the audio. (sorry if this like triple posts but the forums are acting up for me)

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Read the text guys it isn’t tl;dr, so stop posting your vids here unless you are trying to gain viewers for your videos..

community@arena.net, using the Subject line “WvW video”.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

How about some equity in this ?

You’re asking a community that you’ve long shunted for free promotional material, yet wont actively engage them aside from telling them to be quiet every time they have a legitimate complaint or concern.

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Anet wanna make a video to show players that WvW is alright and dont need any updates:-(

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

if i am in any of the videos (which is somewhat unlikely but still possible), please cut me out.

here is how you can identify me:
until late july 2014 i was a ferguson’s crossing engineer in [GWTD] (ign Rikkity if the point of view is from FC). my toon is a small norn female with long white hair and fair skin. for the last 2 weeks i have been on devona’s rest and run under either [GWTD] or [BOMB].

i will reconsider giving my permission to use any material including me if anet improves their relationship with the wvw community. i also want to know what youre using the material for beforehand.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

You already have access to much of what is best about WvW. Very little. It is a neglected part of the game. You’re essentially wanting vids with comms because we give a failing game-type a face and a personality. Sorry about it.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

We are creating a video that showcases everything that is great and fun about WvW – epic battles, sieges, quaggan dance parties

There are no quaggan dance parties. Quaggan tonics (baby and adult) do not have emote animations.

Brb, making a vid about a
*****Quaggans-can’t-dance party*****

Edit: Done!
You can check to full video here:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/1/1e/Quaggan_tonic_transformation.jpg
/end of sarcasm

I’d glad to see tonics able to dance. At least with dance kit… or whatever. But most of them lack basic emotes too.

:D

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

in WvW

Posted by: lemora.1304

lemora.1304

This is obviously Anet’s way of trying to get free advertising from their playerbase without actually doing any of the work on their end; likely either to compete with upcoming games soon to come out or trying to show that they care when we all know they really don’t give a kitten. Guys please don’t fall for this.

Lv 80 Guardian , Warrior, Elementalist, Necromancer and Mesmer
[GoF] of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: stevie.4187

stevie.4187

LOL I’m for sure doing this challenge….. Lmao

Commander Kid Inkk
[LAST] SFR

in WvW

Posted by: stevie.4187

stevie.4187

Commander Kid Inkk
[LAST] SFR

in WvW

Posted by: Harakael.5830

Harakael.5830

hi guys!

feel free to grab anything from my channel

this was on game start
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCnAkeXdCiDuanmMcze-DVwhIaL_WvSE_

and this on 1yr later comeback
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCnAkeXdCiDu8H3Jbs6gKIZb563Dj_1rl

-Greenstone

(edited by Harakael.5830)

in WvW

Posted by: aelfric.8536

aelfric.8536

That makes me sad.
Do they feel no shame?

Sorry for not that good english. I’m swiss.

in WvW

Posted by: Trick.9370

Trick.9370

Yay! Lots of good video’s around and I really hope this will boost WvW a bit and get some attention it deserves.

Call to Arms!

Xcefior – dd ele
All alone in space and time.
There’s nothing here but whats here is mine.

in WvW

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: ashiel.1946

ashiel.1946

Agreed, the best part about WvW Season 2 was the quaggan parties:

http://oi60.tinypic.com/o6if45.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

yea, and we would like to see some of the promised changes to keep wvw fun and interesting…

we all want something different, don’t we?

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Atlanis.1473

Atlanis.1473

From Gandara a while back

Keva

in WvW

Posted by: Perim.8563

Perim.8563

here’s an amazing old school windmill gvg from last year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2v8YVo3ljc

I don’t think I have any of the many open field fights getting interrupted when wvw shuts down for pve patches.

Braïn – Engi, Mimirr – War
[HOPE] – Fort Aspenwood Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Oops I strayed over that big red line again by mentioning the I word, scoring another point towards a vacation.

It would be terribly nice if someone actually told us for what purpose these videos are to be used for, so people can tailor what they supply accordingly.

Obviously they want recent ones guys- I’ll try and make one later when the map is totally green and I run the entire map without meeting a single enemy.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Oogabooga.9138

Oogabooga.9138

You’re asking a community that you’ve long shunted for free promotional material, yet wont actively engage them aside from telling them to be quiet every time they have a legitimate complaint or concern.

Exactly. Also if they actually play their game, why can’t they take the time to make a video of their own? Too busy with China?

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Oops I strayed over that big red line again by mentioning the I word, scoring another point towards a vacation.

It would be terribly nice if someone actually told us for what purpose these videos are to be used for, so people can tailor what they supply accordingly.

Obviously they want recent ones guys- I’ll try and make one later when the map is totally green and I run the entire map without meeting a single enemy.

Or videos of fly hacking, players entering towers and keeps through terrain glitches, zergs of 60+ players PvDooring, spawn camping, etc. You know; video that showcases everything that is broken and unaddressed in WvW.

Hmmm…it appears I need to change my original stance on this matter. I’m now 100% in support of this latest marketing initiative; it’s double-plus good, comrade!

/sarcasm

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

How about copyrighted music streamed through a legal and paid service?

IE: SPotify, Wimp, Itunes

No copyrighted music that doesn’t belong to ArenaNet. Doesn’t matter how you acquired/streamed it.

Mark, for those of us whose original recordings either dont include ArenaNet’s music, or have had music streaming while the recording was going, could you make some of the soundtrack available for us to use in lieu of the music in our existing videos?

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Team Aggression [TA]

in WvW

Posted by: Grotesque.6480

Grotesque.6480

Team Aggression [TA]

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

Exactly. Also if they actually play their game, why can’t they take the time to make a video of their own? Too busy with China?

nahh to bussy on " we working on something at the momement but we cant tell you what"

that is the best vid for me from the day that i play this game (sinse stress test days)
seams how ALL can have fun…
well not ALL …ONLY 1 dont enjoy this…

(edited by chrisgr.3849)

in WvW

Posted by: strifer.7986

strifer.7986

my face right now : O___________o

my face 1 second after : buauhahuahuhauhauhau XXXXXDDD

okok i go make my video….

ETA : 1 year

in WvW

Posted by: AgentChaos.4932

AgentChaos.4932

i watched all the vids here, so emotional they made me cry T_T
please gifz moar Kappa

Roleplayer.

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

Holy crap, and people called me *ahem* "intense" when I was PvP combat leading in a different game.

Unfortunately knowing what it does to your health first-hand I can tell that you just lost several years of your life. Chill out man, it’s not good for your heart at any age.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

Finally anet figured out why WvW is getting less and less populated. WE HAVENT HAD A VIDEO CONTEST YET!

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

The Great Wall of Ballista on DR lol.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Posted by: Manvaeris.9857

Manvaeris.9857

Okay, as (good) postings are getting deleted in here, I need to ask my question again:

Dear Anet, could you please tell us the purpose of your request?

Elementalist of [Salt] – Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

How about copyrighted music streamed through a legal and paid service?

IE: SPotify, Wimp, Itunes

No copyrighted music that doesn’t belong to ArenaNet. Doesn’t matter how you acquired/streamed it.

Well that ruins most of my videos!
I can’t play GW2 without my own music playing, and I tend to record at the same time. How about if you guys mute the audio and throw in your own? Either way I can’t guarantee that ALL my video’s have music, so look around you may find one that you like!

Either way I have a playlist setup on Youtube with ALL my WvW videos:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_R-HEkdIz8YIRRhpWfDX1j0v0MjSb6xV

The majority of which are from the Season 2 Tournament on Gate of Madness (20 winning streak). Also if you do use one of my video’s I tend to keep the original renders, so if you require a higher quality (Youtube tends to crap on videos) then please shoot me a PM!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Bullet333/

EDIT:
Also Pheonix Ascendant [ASH] raiding in WvW as Dolyak’s!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Micy0VA3wc

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

(edited by BulletNG.7069)

in WvW

DevilishLyx.2340

Thanks for that reddit link.
So can we assume there is going to be a trail weekend soon? Or are they going to introduce limited trial accounts, can play as much as you want but max level 10 chars?

Well either way I say we help them out this time, see what they do, and then wee what they take away from it all.
So take this as an opportunity to “communicate” with the staff and show them that WvW is only dying because of a lack of updates. That it’s up to them to fix the problems and release new content and maps to make WvW fresh again!

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

chrisgr.3849

something tels me that moderators have lot of work tooday on this threat
at least some ppl earn ther montly paycheck in this world

in WvW

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Hopefully they’ll show all aspects of WvW and include footage of mappers simply running for 20 minutes to get to a skill point, getting killed by camping thieves then running for 20 minutes to a different skill point or vista :P

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.8531

Pavel.8531

Hey, I guess I should make a video where I siege, upgrade and swiftness yaks to a tower for over 2 hours with nothing happening(or if it’s a roamer or 2 coming to try to kill my yak/take my camp). Then a 30+ ppl zerg comes, sees it’s upgraded and sieged and there is already a person inside, takes the camp, then moves away to PvD something wooden. 2 hours well spent, big rewards, many wow, real xcited.

in WvW

Posted by: Afrowizard.1062

Afrowizard.1062

For a roleplay section can I use part of a script from a Game of Thrones scene? There’s no music.

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

in WvW

chrisgr.3849

@ Gimsor

you r our hero….
but also we can start blame you
cose of that action the dont do or fix anything now on wv3…..shame on you

in WvW

Posted by: Danneh.8520

Danneh.8520

Leader/Commander of [ Pirate Gaming ] (IGN: Danneh.8520)
Web: www.pirategaming.co.uk
Public teamspeak: ts.pirategaming.co.uk

in WvW

DevilishLyx.2340

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I’ve got a great team put together that is working on a video for you, I can’t say when exactly it will be ready but I expect it will be soon.

We can’t talk about what exactly the video is right now. Once the development of the video reaches a state where we, as a team, are comfortable talking about it, we will.
Some of your requests are under development. What those are and when they will be completed, I can’t say at this time for reasons mentioned above.

I will try to keep you updated on the progress of this video but time constraints prevent me from reading, much less posting on this forum.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

Hey Anet, can you extend the deadline to I don’t know, 2 years or so?