Call to Arms: We want your WvW videos!

in WvW

Posted by: chrisgr.3849

chrisgr.3849

I’ve got a great team put together that is working on a video for you, I can’t say when exactly it will be ready but I expect it will be soon.

We can’t talk about what exactly the video is right now. Once the development of the video reaches a state where we, as a team, are comfortable talking about it, we will.
Some of your requests are under development. What those are and when they will be completed, I can’t say at this time for reasons mentioned above.

I will try to keep you updated on the progress of this video but time constraints prevent me from reading, much less posting on this forum.

your post is very enlightening..ty..

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

This music would be great for any video and i verily believe such is not copyrighted

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

chrisgr.3849

is me or more players have the feeling that anet have start to regret about this threat???
idk but i heve the feeling that players just troll anet the last 24h

but i dont see why
they tray so hard “cough” to get closer to the players

in WvW

Posted by: TroniXx.8513

TroniXx.8513

Video of 2 guys building over 100 flame rams in sm.

in WvW

Posted by: jaaf.4789

jaaf.4789

Hello every1.

Im Titiublack or just Big T. Corrently playing on Yaks Bend with UL – Ultimate Liegion guild. (Brazilian Guild). Im some of UL commanders, moslty parts driving on portuguese (brazil) and others trying english.

Since i started play WvW, i also having streaming every day, e make some highlights and uploading for youtube.

Here is our last Vid.

I called it Kodam POWERRRRR !!! on EOTM.

Some of another last Vid.

And here its my channel on youtube for others…

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcmLjSzr54X0urzTJLgTQLA

in WvW

Posted by: Boulderbolg.3460

Boulderbolg.3460

A lot of folks enjoyed our zerg montage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w4BQstxXvY

On a more serious note, any clip from Yishis should be included: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-tSlT2ZKdw – afterall, the best thing about WvW is solo and small group combat.

GL for Team Riot [RIOT] on Blackgate NA – Small Group WvW Focused
http://teamriot.org/riot-media/videos/http://www.twitch.tv/teamriottv

in WvW

Posted by: ReesesPBC.4603

ReesesPBC.4603

How about a trade, for every WvW fix you’ll get a video. More specifically, significant WvW fix not “removed merchant X fix”.

in WvW

chrisgr.3849

How about a trade, for every WvW fix you’ll get a video. More specifically, significant WvW fix not “removed merchant X fix”.

then they dont get any video from the players…

in WvW

Posted by: ReesesPBC.4603

ReesesPBC.4603

Exactly. If they can’t even fix problems, not add content, fix actual problems like hacking/glitching/exploiting/etc. why should we give into their requests? It’s their own request for videos and they can’t even say why, leaving us in the dark.

in WvW

chrisgr.3849

Exactly. If they can’t even fix problems, not add content, fix actual problems like hacking/glitching/exploiting/etc. why should we give into their requests? It’s their own request for videos and they can’t even say why, leaving us in the dark.

i agree with you…i dont care if ppl send or not ther videos..i just want from devs or who is the head on this game to take a look on the wv3 and his issues

in WvW

Posted by: slayert.5904

slayert.5904

Could a dev atleast tell u why they want the videos, cause again they are trying to hype something up and i feel in 5 months we will see what that something is and why they wanted videos from us.

| lvl 80 guard | shout DPS roamer |

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Could a dev atleast tell u why they want the videos, cause again they are trying to hype something up and i feel in 5 months we will see what that something is and why they wanted videos from us.

We’re working on a reason for why we want you to give us videos, and while I guarantee you that the developers are reading this forum, they don’t have have time to respond to every post. I assure you, though, that a reason is in the works, and when we have fully solidified that reason we can give you further details. Until then, unfortunately, we can’t talk about that reason. Any further inquiries will be compiled into a report which will be sent to the developers, whence they will likely drag the emailed report into their archived emails, never having read it but assuring themselves that one day they will.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

We’re working on a reason for why we want you to give us videos, and while I guarantee you that the developers are reading this forum, they don’t have have time to respond to every post. I assure you, though, that a reason is in the works, and when we have fully solidified that reason we can give you further details. Until then, unfortunately, we can’t talk about that reason. Any further inquiries will be compiled into a report which will be sent to the developers, whence they will likely drag the emailed report into their archived emails, never having read it but assuring themselves that one day they will.

The following seems especially relevant…

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

in WvW

chrisgr.3849

Okay, as (good) postings are getting deleted in here, I need to ask my question again:

Dear Anet, could you please tell us the purpose of your request?

nop they cant
is somethning that they work atm and they cant talk about yet…
when they finish they tell us..
i bilieve so….
i hope..
maybe…
who knows maybe they tell us for sure but idk how many of us we be here round and play the game

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

Oh, noes.
You want help from WvW community so you can promote your game through how awesome WvW is even though you really haven’t done anything to actually improve it, aside from a new map that is not even WvW. And “GvG” arena that is flat like a pancake.
Not to mention how you treat us…

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

in WvW

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

Oh Anet, how the mighty have fallen…
This thread is super cringeworthy. I sometimes wonder what the devs think when they read threads like these. Do they really assume everyone posting here is just a “troll” and “hater” and actually everything is perfectly fine..?

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Oh Anet, how the mighty have fallen…
This thread is super cringeworthy. I sometimes wonder what the devs think when they read threads like these. Do they really assume everyone posting here is just a “troll” and “hater” and actually everything is perfectly fine..?

No, they assume Everything is Awesome!

in WvW

Posted by: floude.5291

floude.5291

I’ll post a video when its ready guys just wait for me to finish the coding of the recording program and play the character after i level up a profession to 80 level with new trait acquisation system.

in WvW

Posted by: Folkren.6108

Folkren.6108

I’ve got a great team put together that is working on a video for you, I can’t say when exactly it will be ready but I expect it will be soon.

We can’t talk about what exactly the video is right now. Once the development of the video reaches a state where we, as a team, are comfortable talking about it, we will.
Some of your requests are under development. What those are and when they will be completed, I can’t say at this time for reasons mentioned above.

I will try to keep you updated on the progress of this video but time constraints prevent me from reading, much less posting on this forum.

This post is gold and on behalf on the Guild Wars 2 community, I thank you.

“Without the War, there can be no Victory.”
“We have purpose .”

in WvW

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

Sorry, like you have no time or priority for WvW, I have no time or priority for make a video for you.

The community, instead videos, should leave you a CDI.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

here’s a video for you though

in WvW

Posted by: Pretty Pixie.8603

Pretty Pixie.8603

don’t know if the music’s copyrighted, sorry.

GW2 Classic. 41 TC Golems. 1 Yak defender. 1 pot of oil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD2pt08VDoo

Relentless Inquisition [PAIN] – FA

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

So first of all everything we requested is not even around like commander tags etc. Now you guys at Anet are requesting something of your playerbase aka customers and not even saying what the purpose of it is? Ever heard of Transparancy? Communication? To me this is just a slap in the face and making me think you guys at anet are simply ignoring the core issues with wvw and asking us to make a video of how great this game mode is. However IT IS A GREAT GAME MODE but bleeding to death, such a waste of great potential sadly.

Please prove me and lots of others with me that we are all wrong with our “ignore/neglect” assumptions in the near future, not another year without a real update/communication.

Regards, a concerned WvW junkie.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Pastafarian.1642

Pastafarian.1642

Laughed my kitten of reading this

Not a HoT copy owner

in WvW

Posted by: schnitzel.9018

schnitzel.9018

Too many good Guilds with good Videos u should know…

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

This whole thing is just comedy.

“Hey we want your videos …by next Tuesday!” lol. Even if Anet didn’t sour the relationship with WvWvW players this would still seem odd, it’s as if some other source fell through and this was a last minute way to get some footage. In Anet’s defense, I’m sure there are still some people in there who care, it’s just that their hands are tied.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

I feel compelled to comment here for the first time since my first infraction/banning experience about 6 months ago. Note: my ban was received for asking ANet to explicitly state how players could report hackers in a way that didn’t result in unnecessary infractions and further contribute to the deteriorating dialogue between the company and the users. For that, I was banned. Moving along….

I have come to appreciate over time, to some extent, the position of the ANet employees who have to interact with us. Like any employees they are subject to the demands of managers, managers who are likely out of touch, or have never been in touch, with their product. I’m sure lots of us could relate. Obviously, publicly contradicting the message sent, or ideas generated, by that particular brain trust within the company means risking your employment. I’m also fairly certain that there are people working within ANet who agree with many of the things that are said here. However, their agreement and acknowledgement can only likely serve to perhaps risk their jobs and not much else. As has been stated a number of times before by different people on the forums, the best path forward is to vote with your wallet. Either you stop playing the game entirely, or you dial back your gem store purchases to send a message to the correct people.

Now, on topic, I’d be of a mind to encourage people not to support this request. Yeah, people have made some great videos, people really like the game and what they’ve managed to accomplish in it. However, it would seem to me a self-defeating exercise for the community to cooperate with the request. Part of the issue we face is ANet resources dedicated to the more casual player-base aspects, and a business model that seemingly relies on continually gaining new players to maintain revenue, while not addressing the bleeding of users out of the end game (WvW). From what I’ve read, China is not the end of the expansion, and the focus on new markets will probably continue at least for the next 2 – 3 years (last part is a guesstimate). A promo video for WvW is a band-aid solution to a systemic problem and assisting in its production is a clear contradiction to everything the community has been requesting for the last two years. In other words, the solution is not simply bringing in players to replace those who quit, it’s about addressing aspects of the game which destabilize the player base.

As much as I try to understand the position of the ANet employees and temper my comments accordingly, I have a hard time understanding why a little clarity wasn’t added here, just as a matter of simple human courtesy. I’ve been actively reading the forums since beta and asking for a favour in a vague manner from a group which on a daily basis maligns the way in which information is doled out is going to have a predictable result. Either engage the community with some transparency or continue with the communication black-out, at this point anything else comes across as patronizing.

Have a pleasant day.

Epsilon
Mag/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Waikd.4632

Waikd.4632

Like the idea and I hope the compilation comes out nice!

This is not my video, but RG are legends and should definitely be featured in a video like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b372p4e9fRM

P.S. I really hope this is not coming out of the WvW budget…

in WvW

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

We greatly apreciate that you are working on a video while you are also launchingmaking another video in China. Based on your WvW video making activity in the past, we don’t need any proof that you are really(?) working. We trust you.
We don’t need any trailer, or teaser, or spoiler, or hint about whats next. We are patient. We will just keep watching your old videos until the next will be ready. Old videos are good. I watch them every day, i can’t get bored.

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

in WvW

Posted by: Markus.9084

Markus.9084

Music copyright sigh

This is an old video

ADN ! Good old times

(You should maybe post it in the FR subforum)

in WvW

Posted by: Nightingale.8364

Nightingale.8364

I had a great idea of finally using that season 1 chest key and making a video of it for you, that would have been great showing the wonderful rewards that you can get from wvw right guys?

Unfortunatly i still havent got the chest yet….

After that i thought i’d make a great video of me getting super loot from those rank up chests, 30 chests later i’d got 60 greens so i ditched that idea and decided to go take a couple of towers.

Had a small problem with that video too, as my small havoc group got zerged rather badly the first time and then 1 person on an AC killed our 3 rams the 2nd time…you might have to wait for a vid on the tower taking.

Finally i went into EOTM just to try and get a vid from this great new wvw area. My group started taking a tower but was promptly told not to disturb the “karma” train…vid failed. I also popped my commander tag just to show all the really useful things you can do with it….then detagged..vid lasted 2 seconds…is that any use?

in WvW

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Isn’t it taking advantage showing China Godzilla battles from ones they’ll never have? I’m guessing from the request China are too busy chasing the ugly backpacks?

in WvW

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Even the Chinese will notice they can’t see Godzillla because Guardians!

in WvW

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

I have some video’s, I honestly hope you don’t use them but i do hope that the people here will see them and it brings some life back to WvW. You’ve sucked the life out of WvW with your anti guilds, anti GvG and pretty much anti everything WvW since the launch of this game.

Most of the talent has left this game and its obviously dying due to the greedy gemstore direction this game went to. Such a fall from how amazing GW1 was and how competitive it was.

Sad that after 2 years of legit suggestions you finally realize theres a problem.

[Ark]Noober

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

This whole thing is just comedy.

“Hey we want your videos …by next Tuesday!” lol. Even if Anet didn’t sour the relationship with WvWvW players this would still seem odd, it’s as if some other source fell through and this was a last minute way to get some footage. In Anet’s defense, I’m sure there are still some people in there who care, it’s just that their hands are tied.

Nope, their hands aren’t tied. Rather, their hands, wrists, forearms, upper arms, feet, ankles, calves, and upper thighs have all been tied.

Then they’ve been wrapped in duct tape from their toes to their necks.

Next, they’ve been dipped in resin which has cured into a hard shell encasing nearly their entire bodies.

After that, they’ve been placed inside coffin-shaped containers made of tungsten alloy.

From there, the containers have been transported to Area 51 where they’ve been elevatored down 132 floors beneath the earth.

Once there, they’re placed into maximum security holding cells guarded round the clock 24/7 by single-minded fanatical guards who shoot first and ask questions later.

But all of the above pales in comparison to the final and worst form of restraint; the greatest indignity of all. They are likely required to sign NDAs as a condition of employment or are otherwise living under a de facto threat of being fired and losing their livelihood if they so much as utter a single syllable of dissent.

As much as they may be in alignment with us and wish to see improvements made to WvW, they are powerless to do anything about it. It’s us – the paying customers – who have nothing to lose who can bring about change by calling attention to the issues as we’ve been doing of late here in this forum.

Should they go so far as to attempt to quell dissent here, we’ll just move it to all the other social media outlets over which they have no control. Be a real shame to have all that negative publicity right before the start of PAX Prime in 3 weeks, wouldn’t it (which is probably the ulterior motive behind the request for WvW videos)?

This is what happens when you ignore your paying customers; they have no one to blame for the current situation but themselves.

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

Former content creator checking in. On the off-chance that anyone emails/posts any of my old videos as a suggestion for Anet’s compilation, please don’t waste your time.

Permission denied.

in WvW

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

The Honeybuns do not agree with or support this proposition. After months of non-communication from Anet about the game mode and years of in-action in accordance to player suggestions, suggestions that have been brought up time and time again, suggestions that would improve the game mode and increase its longevity, the gall of Anet to suggest that we the player base make content for them? It’s insulting, i request that no video made by me or containing the Honeybuns characters be used.

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Why would I spend time on making videos for your trailers? Do you pay me for it? No? No deal then.

But if you insist you may use this video of mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52RKRR5p9Fg
Enjoy!

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Why would I spend time on making videos for your trailers? Do you pay me for it? No? No deal then.

But if you insist you may use this video of mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52RKRR5p9Fg
Enjoy!

I’m just not feelin’ it; that keep needs more cow bell (and trebs)! LOL

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

aidan or mark:

if you are bound by your NDA to not disclose the reason(s) you want footage, please ask your supervisor to comment on it for us. if he cant, please tell him to ask his supervisor to comment. basically, if you work for anet and you cant do anything about this thread, get your boss to read it too.

please go up the chain of command.

because anet’s upper management needs to understand how bad anet’s relationship with the wvw community has gotten.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

I can’t believe I’m succumbing to this thread, but I just want to point out the fact that even though this video is old, it is still easy to do this to zergs. The memories of when this game was good.

Love

in WvW

Posted by: TinkTinkPOOF.9201

TinkTinkPOOF.9201

I am working on something for you guys, I can’t tell you what it is, or even when I will have it ready, but it will be amazing and it will be ready Soon.

6700k@5GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB 850 SSD | GTX980Ti | 27" 144Hz Gsync

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Probably a year too late with this request, all the good WvW videos left with the guilds who left the game months ago.

in WvW

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

…..Share them with us and the creators could be included and credited in our video compilation!
….

i think the credit it is not enough …. this the point where the thread collected so much anger .

dear Aidan you can be much more generous with wvw players , because you know or it is time to know it , that the net income we all created ( from uploads and views ) is huge and it is equal or better the gw2 pve or spvp videos on youtube .

the proof of my words :

1. gw2 total videos in youtube : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gw2+guild+wars+2 , total 177k videos
2. gw2 wvw videos : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gw2+guild+wars+2+wvw+www , total 95k videos
3. gw2 spvp / tpvp videos : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gw2+guild+wars+2+spvp+tpvp , total 111k videos
4. gw2 pve videos : https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gw2+guild+wars+2+pve , total 75k videos

p.s. i wish a day anet deal wvw players and reward them like spvp or pve players …. i wish this day is near and not never

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in WvW

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Did anyone think about why they are doing this?

Maybe a patch is incoming in the near future!?!?!?!?!?

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

#believeInAnet? You are supposed to mail them the videos, read the first post, it isn’t that hard.. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=chs8QNB808Q

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymph of Meliai.6739

Nymeria Meliae | SoS
Acid Bath Babies Go Plop Plop [FizZ]

(edited by Nymph of Meliai.6739)

in WvW

chrisgr.3849

@reborn
p.s. i wish a day anet deal wvw players and reward them like spvp or pve players …. i wish this day is near and not never

[/quote]

and then the clock alarm start to make noise like crazy and you woke up…..

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

How about copyrighted music streamed through a legal and paid service?

IE: SPotify, Wimp, Itunes

No copyrighted music that doesn’t belong to ArenaNet. Doesn’t matter how you acquired/streamed it.

Mark, for those of us whose original recordings either dont include ArenaNet’s music, or have had music streaming while the recording was going, could you make some of the soundtrack available for us to use in lieu of the music in our existing videos?

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet

Holy kitten. Thats awesome. Did everyone really just sit there while the ram was being built and leave him alone?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

(edited by skullmount.1758)

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

That makes me sad.
Do they feel no shame?

None whatsoever. They really have no understanding of the community mood these days. Hopefully this thread will be a bit of a wake up call for them.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.