Commander Tag Changes Feedback [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

I was hoping based on Chris Cleary saying they’d have a post here yesterday that Arenanet would give some clarification by now. Guessing either they are changing their plans or running the statement by everyone in management before posting it.

in WvW

Posted by: Griz.4102

Griz.4102

300g for an account-wide commander tag is reasonable, I believe. However, any functionality added to the base commander tag should be a FREE quality of life improvement.

Also, additional colors/shapes are great, but more than anything, I really hope this patch will include the oft-requested guild-only visible tag.

Fenthir of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

300g for an account-wide commander tag is reasonable

The thing with that comment is that it assumes 100g for soulbound was reasonable to begin with.

Was it really?

I dont think so. The tag should have split cost between badges and gold, just like WvW gear does.

For example, a reasonable cost in PvE would indeed be 300g, but a reasonable cost in WvW would be say 200g + 2000 badges.

in WvW

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

300g per color is ridiculous!!! Everyone knows that nobody can earn that much gold easily in World vs World – even in Edge of the Mists karma trains. Let alone in PvE, nobody can earn that quick by farming a few days. Commander’s Compendium must stay 100g, must unlock all color upon purchase, and people who bought it in the past must unlock all the colors. If Arena Net released 300g color commander tags in the September 2014 Feature Pack it shows that they are not listening to the community.

in WvW

Posted by: mexay.3902

mexay.3902

I think the problem isn’t that ANet missed the point. The Guild Mag video quite clearly shows they understand the purpose of having different colours.

The problem is that ANet did understand the purpose, and screwed up the implementation anyway

At the current price, not enough WvW commanders will purchase the new colours to make it even remotely useful. It will just be another tag, with the rare case that there will be 2 differently coloured ones.

But more to the point where are our bloody guild tags

noice

in WvW

Posted by: Blehh.5240

Blehh.5240

Colour your commander tag! Only 800 gems a colour! Make your tag account bound, only 2000 gems!

Hope I’m wrong…

At the current conversion rates, it is 3405 gems for 1 account bound color. Your estimate would have been better.

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

hahaha, gg anet.

we are talking about colour price here, instead of commander options. gg.

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

You know, I feel that instead of colors, we should have icons with hover descriptions. Map lead, Pick Up lead, Guild lead, etc…

in WvW

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

the worst thing about this change is that you can still get a badge in pve and use it in WvW.
Also, WvW badge should not be acquired with mere gold, but instead with “currencies” that certify a fair amount of time spent in WvW (a mix of badges of honor, wvw ranks and maybe karma)

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

If you think this is bad wait until Siege Disabler turns off all that defensive siege in your tower or keep that you spent money and supply building… ticking and sentrying for hours…. only to have Joe Havoc come and turn it off while they calmly AOE it to dust….

So much for Defense……

1200 range and is like a grenade with an AOE circle of like 450….no cooldown… and we know how some people are good enough to hit siege on the walls in places that seem impossible to hit…well wait until THIS is turned loose…

in WvW

Posted by: saratoga.4872

saratoga.4872

Video proof….official Anet interview with Guildmag, The Siege Disabler is at around 6:30.

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Video proof….official Anet interview with Guildmag, The Siege Disabler is at around 6:30.

Siege Disabler will be hilarious fun. GG QQ.

Charging for commander colors as if they were vanity dyes is ridiculous nonsense that will cause some people to leave the game, and cause all commanders to perform beneath their potential (up do and including people never becoming commanders at all).

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

300g per color is outrageous. Very disappointed in Anet’s callous approach to this.

in WvW

Posted by: billiefish.9607

billiefish.9607

The New colours sound like a cool idea, and the fact it will be acc bound will be good too. However if you already have a commander tag will that then become acc bound too? the same way they did with the permanent gathering tools?

in WvW

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

lulz people q_qing at the price for a worthless feature.

Thank for the video, I almost thought they cared about wvw with siege disabler.. than I heard " eject from one golem to go hope into another one" and the gem " use siege disabler on the 5 rams at the gate".

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

lol 300g, the joke is funny even 3 days later.

Like I’m going to spend 300g for such a blatantly half-done feature. If we could display our guild tags then I would keep my gold for it. I wasted my gold and cash on many useless things in this game, like skins I then salvaged, but but a simple color change… no way.

in WvW

Posted by: Gellrock.4073

Gellrock.4073

As it has been said before, this price increase is too much for WvW only players. I’ve been playing WvW with a guild group for the past year or so. I’ve never had over 150g at time due to equipment meta changes, siege and upgrade costs, as well as how terrible WvW is for accumulating gold.

Using badges and maybe WvW ranks for a specific WvW only tag would be much more beneficial to the WvW community.

in WvW

Posted by: RaggedRobbin.7296

RaggedRobbin.7296

For a game that is called Guild Wars 2 you would think we could get some support to utilize the commander tag better than giving us a new color for 300g. Why not have something we can use our badges for other than armor or weapons that you can’t salvage or remove the runes out of.

Glad to see something being done in wvw but seriously, this is what we get? Where are new maps that change every week, benefits to sentry and keep tower/keeps. With the new siege disabler they are only going to create mega blob vs mega blob.

I will never buy another color for 300g what a waste.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

From the official ANet interview with Guildmag:

“We are going to start off by talking about changes to the commander system which is not specifically for World v World but it’s where, you know, it gets the most support."

There you have it guys.They are talking about using red/blue/yellow for the Wurm in PvE.

-no new news here

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

“We are going to start off by talking about changes to the commander system which is not specifically for World v World but it’s where, you know, it gets the most support."

There you have it guys.They are talking about using red/blue/yellow for the Wurm in PvE.

-no new news here

i think you read it wrong. i think the guy is saying that commander in wvw has priority…

in WvW

Virtute.8251

-no new news here

i think you read it wrong. i think the guy is saying that commander in wvw has priority…

Not so. It was a woman speaking, and goldenwing’s comprehension of her statement is correct.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I wonder if the devs die a little inside each time their corporate overlords force them to go out in front of the public and spout such nonsense?

Now we know why it took so long to change the colors. It was not about changing the colors – it was about how to monitize it.

kitten NCSoft.

in WvW

Posted by: bewhatever.2390

bewhatever.2390

I believe we just plain and simple have a design decision made in a meeting room without someone present who has a clear understanding of the entirety of the WvW experience from a customer perspective.

And that right there summarizes the crux of the problem:

Decisions regarding an entertainment medium are being made by a committee of “suits” motivated purely by profit who don’t play the game and/or fail to understand what makes the game “fun”.

In short, they totally fail at that which they pretend to be: business men and women. If they were competent at business, they would understand the fundamental principle of exchanging a business’ product or service for a customer’s currency (but only so long as the customer values the product or service). They are failing to deliver a valued product/service – entertainment or “fun” – and thus we will refuse to exchange our currency (real cash converted to gems converted to gold).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law_of_business_balance

“There is hardly anything in the world that someone cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price alone are that person’s lawful prey. It’s unwise to pay too much, but it’s worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money – that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot – it can’t be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

Observation: I think we aren’t paying ArenaNet enough for it to attract the necessary talent to sit in that meeting room. Every one of the senior execs where I work — the people who take home in a good year what I make in 10 — is not only involved in sales calls, but also has adopted a few individual customers to understand in detail (and be there to help discover and get us to fix our mistakes when we screw up, which we do sometimes). That means when they sit in those meetings, measured by profit, they do so with a deep understanding of how both the sales process and the customer experience will be affected by the decisions they are making.

I don’t think the pay scale at ArenaNet, even at the top, can attract the talent necessary to objectively balance short and long term customer experience with financial and development reality.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

Observation: I think we aren’t paying ArenaNet enough for it to attract the necessary talent to sit in that meeting room.

Fastest selling in the west: http://techland.time.com/2013/08/16/guild-wars-2-nabs-fastest-selling-western-mmo-crown-looks-east-for-more-records/

3.8 Million sales to China in 2 months: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/10/guild-wars-2-sales-more-than-double-thanks-to-chinese-launch

Yet, neither side of this argument is going to change the fact that they are foolish to believe (as they appear to) that WvW is needing an indirect monetization like this one. The real fact is that WvW players are also PvE and PvP players, and the entire ecosystem of people is susceptible to vanity and convenience purchases in the gem store.

The goal of WvW should be to deliver a compelling service that keeps people logging in. That goal would be benefited by shipping the commander pin product that the WvW community asked for, and not the one that is currently scheduled to ship.

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Observation: I think we aren’t paying ArenaNet enough for it to attract the necessary talent to sit in that meeting room.

Fastest selling in the west: http://techland.time.com/2013/08/16/guild-wars-2-nabs-fastest-selling-western-mmo-crown-looks-east-for-more-records/

3.8 Million sales to China in 2 months: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/10/guild-wars-2-sales-more-than-double-thanks-to-chinese-launch

Yet, neither side of this argument is going to change the fact that they are foolish to believe (as they appear to) that WvW is needing an indirect monetization like this one. The real fact is that WvW players are also PvE and PvP players, and the entire ecosystem of people is susceptible to vanity and convenience purchases in the gem store.

The goal of WvW should be to deliver a compelling service that keeps people logging in. That goal would be benefited by shipping the commander pin product that the WvW community asked for, and not the one that is currently scheduled to ship.

Basically if you have no new content to deliver (like new maps) you add a super simple feature people have been asking for for 2 years and then give it a ridiculously high price to stretch for as long as possible the life time remaining to your gamemode.

in WvW

bewhatever.2390

Yes, the GW2 team as it handled the initial US/Europe release did an extraordinary job, understanding and initially selling the game to multiple player segments.

Yes, the GW2-China team, led out of necessity by the local partner, has done the same.

However, I think WvWvW does not in itself provide an ongoing revenue stream to NCsoft/ArenaNet, only ongoing expenses for servers, tuning, bug fixing, and the like. This fundamental misalignment of incentives between the players and NCsoft/Anet is at the root of what we’re seeing here. If Anet monetizes by pay-to-win, the player base will walk. I think the alignment of objectives needs can only be achieved with a monthly subscription, so that Anet is primarily incented to retain players, and is not incented to institute pay-to-win or to attach large gem price tags to basic features like commander tags.

If objectives were aligned, the commander tag implementation would clearly cause player dissatisfaction and attrition, so the consequences of the non player aligned choice would be clear and those who made the choice could be held accountable for the resulting loss of revenue.

But then, in that case, whoever in Anet “owns” WvWvW would be expected to understand the WvWvW player experience in depth, be in constant contact with at least some subset of players, and have their job performance measured directly on revenue from WvWvW players. Both the capitalist system and the reward mechanism would naturally (but over time) correct the current skills and understanding gap. (Did you watch the preview video from some internal Anet development server showing the golem breaking through a tower door? Ignoring the golem itself which was primarily doing a demo, I did not see the usual intensity and skill of real WvW combat from the defenders or the golem’s fellow attackers.)

(edited by bewhatever.2390)

in WvW

Posted by: steveway.3167

steveway.3167

Colour your commander tag! Only 800 gems a colour! Make your tag account bound, only 2000 gems!

Hope I’m wrong…

I’d pay gems for commander icon skins (not colors), like armor skins and finishers.

I believe you’re part right. I read an article where they are making the tag account bound but the colors will cost 300g each.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I think the problem isn’t that ANet missed the point. The Guild Mag video quite clearly shows they understand the purpose of having different colours.

No no no. The devs understand the point, but ANet as a whole does not. Like always, the pricetag came likely directly from their economy/monetization department, but due to kitten poor in-company communication and them blatantly ignoring the wishes of the (WvW) playerbase the particularly anti-player nature of this pricetag is particularly magnified. They are forgetting this isn’t some purely cosmetic legendary weapon or armor skin, this is a oft requested QoL feature.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

However, I think WvWvW does not in itself provide an ongoing revenue stream to NCsoft/ArenaNet, only ongoing expenses for servers, tuning, bug fixing, and the like.

No, because:

You’ve erected a strawman and wasted energy.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

This is what constitutes a “feature pack”? After all this time and hush hush, ha!

1. Account bound commander tag color options that should be kittening free and there from launch (What’s next? “Increase your party size by one slot for just 800 gems!”)
2. An “Oh btw” preview of an arguably ugly armor skin(does the light and medium share the exact same skin?)

Now for WvWvW specific stuff

3. MOAR SIEGE (because Omegas weren’t stupid powerful before and coverage has totally been addressed)
4. Disable said siege for 45 seconds!(I wonder how these thrown traps will work given how prone walls are to AoEs)

Note: NO additional commander/squad functionality towards actual organization. NO private tags still. Really?!

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: toohooah.4861

toohooah.4861

So if someone has one tag now, they get the 300g account bound blue tag, but you can only get a refund if you have more than three tags?
Edit: If that’s how it is, why can’t I get 200g back from my 2 extra?

NIKA Guild — NSP

(edited by toohooah.4861)

in WvW

Posted by: Dreadforce.6980

Dreadforce.6980

Why not just make 2 types of tags 1 set only usable in pve and one in WvW let the pve only tag cost 300g and the WvW only tag cost 100g plus badges. When the update happens just have a screen pop up and ask if you want your tag for pve or WvW.

in WvW

bewhatever.2390

However, I think WvWvW does not in itself provide an ongoing revenue stream to NCsoft/ArenaNet, only ongoing expenses for servers, tuning, bug fixing, and the like.

No, because:

You’ve erected a strawman and wasted energy.

It is never a waste of time to understand the rules and reward mechanisms governing those one wishes to influence.

in WvW

Posted by: basepi.9768

basepi.9768

Just want to add a +1 to all of the people saying that putting different colors of tags behind a 1500g paywall is definitely not the solution we’ve been looking for. That’s a ridiculous price to pay for a little bit easier coordination. Please just unlock all the colors for the 300g price tag!

Additionally, please please please add guild commander tags. Being able to only have your guild see the tag would be such a boon. I’d pay separately for a tag that only my guild could see.

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

Additionally, please please please add guild commander tags. Being able to only have your guild see the tag would be such a boon. I’d pay separately for a tag that only my guild could see.

If normal commander tags cost 300 gold, imagine how much they’ll charge for guild only commander tag.

in WvW

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

Even that functionality should be a feature of the “normal” commander tag. As with colors there should just be a dropdown menu or some radio buttons where you can choose the visibility (public/guild/squad/party).

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Anet is looking to kill WvW.

100 Gold for a new player is insane – so even if one is great at strategy and can command, that player won’t even have a chance for three times as long.

300 Gold will make it so there are even fewer Commanders or even worse, make the “poor” player a pariah because they can only afford the beginning tag.

Come on, this isn’t supposed to be a game you can BUY your way to the top.

How very disgusting.

We asked for colored tags for strategy purposes, to be able to run two different groups that would have two or more different JOBS, and still have a marker (tag).

Anet turns it into a way to up the price of a tag and add layers that most players will NEVER be able to afford.

The poor lose AGAIN.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

atheria.2837

If normal commander tags cost 300 gold, imagine how much they’ll charge for guild only commander tag.

A German Guild magazine is stating that Anet is already setting the price at 300 Gold for EACH level.

We asked for a simple color to be able to be changed so we can field more than one commander with more than one job at a time – and we got the shaft.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: LoopySnoopy.7923

LoopySnoopy.7923

So if someone has one tag now, they get the 300g account bound blue tag, but you can only get a refund if you have more than three tags?
Edit: If that’s how it is, why can’t I get 200g back from my 2 extra?

That’s is why I’m kitten off I’m losing 200gold for having more then 1 tag. Truth be told Anet does like to scam its player base with these new features get our hopes up and then bam a huge pay-wall..There reply will be, we had to do this as it would of broke the economy other wise sorry..Better luck next time .

Too much agreement kills a chat.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

That’s is why I’m kitten off I’m losing 200gold for having more then 1 tag.

No you dont.

Dont get me wrong, I am strongly against this idea (think the cost should remain at 100g, everything else refunded and color options added) but you’re not loosing anything. You’ve already paid 300g and you did it knowingly. Anet’s reasoning is that you’re not getting it on sale, you got it full price.

Its the same thing if you bought a PS4 for $600 6 months ago and today you go into the store and see it for $500, after which you yell out that the store ripped you off and took your $100. Nope, doesnt work like that.

They have already stated they are refunding everything above 3 tags… Apparently in a big way if I understood it correctly. If you got 4 tags, you dont get a 100g refund – you get 300g! Free option of color they said. Presumably if you got 7 tags, you get another free color. Can anybody confirm that part? I’m guessing that if you dont choose a color but want gold, you only get their 100g worth. I may have completely misunderstood it though.

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

…They have already stated they are refunding everything above 3 tags… Apparently in a big way if I understood it correctly. If you got 4 tags, you dont get a 100g refund – you get 300g! Free option of color they said. Presumably if you got 7 tags, you get another free color. Can anybody confirm that part? I’m guessing that if you dont choose a color but want gold, you only get their 100g worth. I may have completely misunderstood it though.

According to this site http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/September_2014_Feature_Pack
“Players who have unlocked four or more tags, should contact support. The support then may decide to either grant a refund, or allow the player to choose another color to unlock.”
Sorry, but I don’t trust the support to resolve a WvW related problem fair…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

atheria.2837

No no no. The devs understand the point, but ANet as a whole does not. Like always, the pricetag came likely directly from their economy/monetization department, but due to kitten poor in-company communication and them blatantly ignoring the wishes of the (WvW) playerbase the particularly anti-player nature of this pricetag is particularly magnified. They are forgetting this isn’t some purely cosmetic legendary weapon or armor skin, this is a oft requested QoL feature.

One of THE Most Player Requested Quality of Life and A Much Needed Change Turned Into a Paywall

Yep, the best outline of what this request begged for by players has turned into, yet.

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

atheria.2837

Besides the Blue tag, there will also be Pink, Red and Yellow

Did someone who is color blind actually chose colors that can be mistaken for one another?

Yes!

The price of the tag is bad enough – the colors are just as bad as the price.

So, which is the guild tag? Pink?

Anet, Blue? Ok, but Yellow? Red…ok…. but PINK???

COME ON!

Pink and Yellow need to be rethought

So does the price – raising it to 300 will kill much of the WvW experience for many – is that what you are intending to do?

And whatever happened to “play your way” Anet? Really?

Whatever happened to that part of the promise you made to players way back in the day?

We can’t ‘play our way’ if we can never afford the tag we need to be effective commanders.

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

atheria.2837

…They have already stated they are refunding everything above 3 tags… Apparently in a big way if I understood it correctly. If you got 4 tags, you dont get a 100g refund – you get 300g! Free option of color they said. Presumably if you got 7 tags, you get another free color. Can anybody confirm that part? I’m guessing that if you dont choose a color but want gold, you only get their 100g worth. I may have completely misunderstood it though.

According to this site http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/September_2014_Feature_Pack
“Players who have unlocked four or more tags, should contact support. The support then may decide to either grant a refund, or allow the player to choose another color to unlock.”
Sorry, but I don’t trust the support to resolve a WvW related problem fair…

Support can’t even find dyes that are missing out of my account…

I stand with you… they have no power and don’t have access to much – customer support is a laugh.

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

I and my fellow piken square commanders are discussing the colours at the moment and how we should tell our pugs to respond to them. I am keen to use red, for example, for havoc team small unit tactics, whereby a small group is hastily assembled, does a critical job and then disbands.

Of course, there is no point us making “server strategy” for a colour of tag when most of our commanders wont have one, due to the cost. Additionally, if I did, say, buy a red tag, then I would be stuck doing that and would be unable to take another role as I wouldn’t have the other colour (eg emergency defence or guild raid).

A good chunk of us have played since beta and aren’t running around with legendaries, because we don’t find precursors and we get terrible income from wvw. Putting this sort of a barrier on the tags is beyond my comprehension and completely wrecks what should be a good thing for our gamestyle.

in WvW

Posted by: CHAO.7956

CHAO.7956

I’m sorry anet but you just completely missed the mark on the commander tag changes. Account bound is ok but 300g for a tag???? That price makes it ONLY accessible to hardcore PvEers, the vast majority of WvWers are not rich at all (due to the gold sink nature of WvW). Commander tags really need to made available for purchase with badges of honor, that way PvE can buy with gold (PvE currency) and WvW can buy with badges (WvW currency). The price could be something like 5000 (or more) badges and it would still be better than the current pricing system. I can’t even begin to fathom why you are charging 300g for each color, the community didn’t request multi-colored commander tags for vanity (maybe a small few) we asked for them to increase the functionality of the tag! Example: Commander can say in chat every once in a while “The blue tag is the front line tag, back liners follow the red tag!”. Colors in that case help make it easier to follow your specific tag while working closely together.

In closing I wont be buying the multi colored tags, they should be a free function of the tag as it is, adding a price (especially that high of one!) removes the point of it. If people need to follow me specifically they can just ctrl-target me, that is until you add a price to that feature o.O

-General Michael

in WvW

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Im disappointed with the fact that new commander tag colors appear to be another huge gold sink.

How about that:

1. Allow players to buy colors with WvW Badges of Honor.
2. Allow players to unlock colors with WvW ranks.
3. Allow players to unlock colors based on WvW achievements (like Ultimate Dominator etc). BTW more than a year ago you promised to revise current WvW achievements, fix them and make them actually ‘achievable’ (1 mln dolyaks heh)

4. What about private commander tags? Visible to guild only? That was also requested million times on these forums. FYI most guilds run in WvW tagless for this entire reason

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

(edited by Skady.5916)

in WvW

Xillllix.3485

Judging by the commander tag-colors price, if they ever add the long-requested Guild Halls then they will probably cost 50000g each. Because those thing actually take time to make.

in WvW

Virtute.8251

I and my fellow piken square commanders are discussing the colours at the moment and how we should tell our pugs to respond to them. I am keen to use red, for example, for havoc team small unit tactics, whereby a small group is hastily assembled, does a critical job and then disbands.

Of course, there is no point us making “server strategy” for a colour of tag when most of our commanders wont have one, due to the cost. Additionally, if I did, say, buy a red tag, then I would be stuck doing that and would be unable to take another role as I wouldn’t have the other colour (eg emergency defence or guild raid).

A good chunk of us have played since beta and aren’t running around with legendaries, because we don’t find precursors and we get terrible income from wvw. Putting this sort of a barrier on the tags is beyond my comprehension and completely wrecks what should be a good thing for our gamestyle.

Don’t bother.

Blue is the only commander color I recognize.

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

It’s really sad that they are doing this with no additional functions to the tag. I could probably justify the additional cost if it was more than a colored Dorito.

What’s worse is they are taking a suggestion and a request from the community, turning it around and charging for it.

There’s no item in the game you can currently purchase that’s 300 gold that’s not on the Trade Post. No armor, no super cool looking weapon, no really cool guild banner. Just some kitten collored tag.