Commander Tag Changes Feedback [merged]

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

They have publically announced the prices.

Totally ignoring us – I am sad to say that after thousands of responses, reasoning and even begging, we lose as a community and as a gaming family.

Arenanet isn’t here for us – they are here to make moneywalls out of our own suggestions.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

They have publically announce the prices.

I am sad to say that after thousands of responses, reasoning and even begging, we lose as a community and as a gaming family.

Arenanet isn’t here for us – they are here to make moneywalls out of our own suggestions.

Er what?

You realise Anet listened to the people, right?

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

All is not vain.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Totally ignoring us – I am sad to say that after thousands of responses, reasoning and even begging, we lose as a community and as a gaming family.

I will gladly pay 300g for an account unlock for ALL my characters, than just one. I specialized my characters differently; defenders, attackers, supply runners, etc. Now I don’t have to spend more gold for one character to have the defender tag, more gold for one to be the assaulter, etc. One price, full account unlock.

in WvW

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Inb4 this was a calculated ‘leak’ so they can then ‘generously’ change the decision to show how ‘in touch’ they are with WvW players.

Say what

I’m just going to squash this rumor right now. Before the strong negative feedback received after the interview at gamescom, every intention was for each color to cost 300g. Pending QA, that version was ready to ship for the feature pack.

When the flood of feedback came in, there was a flurry of emails working out the best course of action, and in the end Zach and Tyler worked the weekend to make sure this change could be made on time for 9/9.

Thanks both for the change and sharing the details of how ANet staff absorbed the feedback and decided how best to implement it. I’m glad you guys were able to adjust the build before release.

(And I’m sorry to diminish my thanks with the following: you might also want to look at how to prevent such a disconnect from happening again: the feedback from CDI was surprisingly unified and unambiguous on this point: colors were for on-the-fly tactical responses; it remains a mystery how that got implemented as “pay 900g extra.”)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

in WvW

Posted by: Amelia Knox.9362

Amelia Knox.9362

Thank you for listening

[Dawn] Gandara
Guild Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Pocket.2740

Pocket.2740

Many thanks for listening Anet, and special thanks to those in the team who worked the weekend to get the change in.

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Neato dorito!

Thanks for listening to the feedback and special thanks to Zach and Tyler for giving up their weekend to work on this for us.

You guys are da best!

in WvW

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

Inb4 this was a calculated ‘leak’ so they can then ‘generously’ change the decision to show how ‘in touch’ they are with WvW players.

Say what

This.

It must have been plain obvious for them, that something like that would generate a sh*tstorm on the community.

Not initially it would seem, but the important part is they were flexible enough to listen to our concerns and take the appropriate action, and because they openly admit that they changed it from 300g per color to all colors, tag, and accountbound functions being 300g for new purchasers all others grandfathered I’d say they get a AAA+ rating for how they handled this.

To openly admit a error, correct the error, and be transparent to your users by posting here in the forum they have gone a long way in restoring my faith in them.

Thanks again Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

Rarely does this community find itself primarily on the same side of an issue, so something must be afoot. WvW has lost a lot of players (at least from my perspective as a WvW player), and colored tags is a big change to improve and enhance WvW.

In order to get the word out to bring players back to WvW, Anet implements a controversial change to generate buzz and reach out to old GW2 players that may not follow the game closely, but would likely hear about what is regarded in the community as a big mistake.

I would imagine changing the colored tags to be more accessible would be a relatively easy change, so they set themselves up to be in a position of “OK you guys are right! We are changing the tags, because we are listening and we are here for you!”

in WvW

Posted by: Sutt.2679

Sutt.2679

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to clarify that we did indeed change our plans based on your feedback. What was said during the interviews at Gamescom was correct at the time but after listening to what you had to say we decided to make a change to the feature be in line with what you felt was a more balanced approach to the change.

Thank you very much for your feedback and we hope that you enjoy this upcoming change.

Thanks,
John

Wait for it, some minds are gonna implode on the thought that anet listened to feedback

^ This!!!
I hated the idea that it was going to be 300g per colour. Having really only recently got a tag, the thought of possibly getting another colour was gone for me. Thank you for changing this! – a first post in forum for me in 2year, so much love!

Sooty
Aurora Glade

in WvW

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Thank you for taking the feedback from the community on this one. Good will goes a long ways. Good hunting!

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Thanks for reconsidering and listening to the community.
Hopefully you will bring more changes to the Commander System in the near future.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

atheria.2837

They have publically announce the prices.

I am sad to say that after thousands of responses, reasoning and even begging, we lose as a community and as a gaming family.

Er what?

You realise Anet listened to the people, right?

No, no they didn’t.

Pink tag?

Yellow tag?

300 gold per level? Or is this a one time price for all tags levels and uses? It’s not clear.

We asked for colors to have more than one commander per map to do different jobs that we designate…

That isn’t what we received.

I am glad you have the money or credit card to pay for the tags that will now cost an amazing amount and fracture our WvW communities even more than they are now.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

in WvW

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to clarify that we did indeed change our plans based on your feedback. What was said during the interviews at Gamescom was correct at the time but after listening to what you had to say we decided to make a change to the feature be in line with what you felt was a more balanced approach to the change.

Thank you very much for your feedback and we hope that you enjoy this upcoming change.

Thanks,
John

thanks for listening to our feedback!

in WvW

atheria.2837

I will gladly pay 300g for an account unlock for ALL my characters, than just one. I specialized my characters differently; defenders, attackers, supply runners, etc. Now I don’t have to spend more gold for one character to have the defender tag, more gold for one to be the assaulter, etc. One price, full account unlock.

300 gold per level.

If you need to get there, that’s 900 gold.

in WvW

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

@ John/mark would it be possible to update what will happen to people who own more then 1 tag at the moment? I own 5, So at least a refund of 200g feels appropriate (although some ppl get 100g now > 300g tag, because of the announcement before patch, wich would mean i’m sort of entitled to 400g, but i’m sure this ain’t gonna happen).

If this hasn’t been decided yet, I hear you. Just make a plan for it. I can anticipate tons of customer support tickets, so you might as well go ahead make a plan, so they don’t overflood.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in WvW

atheria.2837

This is as bad as the Festival Tokens – problem was with that?

Anet said no, they would not bring it back – then players deleted their tokens – and without a single word to players through a message they can EASILY create, they quietly set a Festival Token Vendor in Lion’s Arch. Too late for many – not for the hardcore but for those who had no space… Wow.

Believe me, I hate pointing out that we get mixed messages and lack of support in the game.

This change with the wrong colors and horridly expensive upgrade path is just beyond and not listening to eleven pages of mostly arguments and pleadings against our idea (WwW community originally asked for this change – goes far back in many reddits).

Anet please stop – back the train up and stop running us over.

in WvW

Posted by: Allaraina.8614

Allaraina.8614

Hi Guys,

Thanks,
John

This made me so happy =D

My 18 characters are waiting for outfits from GW1 like Tuxedos! WE GOT DWAYNA! =D
http://asuratime.tumblr.com/

in WvW

Posted by: yanniell.1236

yanniell.1236

300 gold per level.

What do u mean by “300g per level”? They changed their minds, it’s 300g total for all colors, accbound.

[HUE]

in WvW

Posted by: Lukasz.5316

Lukasz.5316

“Big Changes are Coming to the Commander System”-is this a joke? anet option to change color is for you big change?haha who cares about tag color omg we need new options like: tag only for guild members, supply info and players count button to check it without typing,siege panel to easy access them .etc sorry for bad english

in WvW

Posted by: arkealia.2713

arkealia.2713

So those who already have a commander tag will get all colors when the features pack go live?

in WvW

Posted by: AtomicSheep.2705

AtomicSheep.2705

Thank you for listening to us!

in WvW

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

So those who already have a commander tag will get all colors when the features pack go live?

Yes they will, as well as it being account bound so all existing and future characters will also have commander functionality.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in WvW

Posted by: ONI.4623

ONI.4623

I would also like to be told what will happen to people who are now some in acquisition. In my case I have in my 7 characters; in his day have left me 700g. If there is no standard solution back to the people who pay in his day … rain down many tickets and people passing us we will be very’m disgusted with the treatment and change.

in WvW

Posted by: Helzy.4036

Helzy.4036

Ya I’m a bit confused now, whats all this “per level” talk, are the colors free for existing Commanders or not ? He confirmed that we wont be charged 300 per color but will there be a one time fee ? Will certain colors cost us gold as opposed to other colors ?

I’m glad they listened to us, kudos to Anet on that but could we get some detailed clarity ?

in WvW

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

So now the only problem is they plan on only giving us four days to go over there balance changes to necro and guardian and only One week at best to go over their changes to the way we collect and trade items. What if they made a big mistake on those? I think they should delay the patch 2 weeks.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

in WvW

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896

Thanks for listening Arenanet! We do appreciate your attention to this! A big thanks to Elizabeth and Matt for their interview and disseminating the proper information.

in WvW

atheria.2837

300 gold per level.

What do u mean by “300g per level”? They changed their minds, it’s 300g total for all colors, accbound.

You didn’t post my edit.

in WvW

atheria.2837

Please stop acknowledging this atheria.2837 character. No one is quite that dense: an obvious troll.

Carry on.

And you can get away that because???

You are being rude and personally attacking someone you know nothing about.

I am not the troll.

in WvW

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

Say what

I’m just going to squash this rumor right now. Before the strong negative feedback received after the interview at gamescom, every intention was for each color to cost 300g. Pending QA, that version was ready to ship for the feature pack.

When the flood of feedback came in, there was a flurry of emails working out the best course of action, and in the end Zach and Tyler worked the weekend to make sure this change could be made on time for 9/9.

I really appreciate Anet’s willingness to turn the ship around so quickly. I realize that was no easy task and personal sacrifices where made to make this possible, and I’m grateful.

Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned here.

When it comes to WvW, “small” changes have a big community impact. (After all, WvW is the most community driven aspect of GW2.) Things like character or account bound WxP define how the game is played. Likewise, charging 300g per color also has a profound effect on the community.

I understand why Anet wants to wait until the last second to announce things. You have been burned in the past; I get it. That said, if you had communicated with the community about your plans sooner (even if it was strictly hypothetical), you would have gotten this important feedback sooner, and been able to plan accordingly. There would have been no need for a heroic weekend cram session.

This is a reoccurring problem with WvW development. It happened with WxP, Bloodlust, US Season 1 Leagues and now with Commander Tags. All of these problems could have been avoided by working with the community during the development phase.

So this is my suggestion:

Keep the WvW community in the loop. Include us BEFORE you invest a lot of time and energy in an idea. Make sure you emphasize that everything is hypothetical, and you are not promising anything. (So you don’t get burned again by people saying “Anet promised”) Just include us and get our opinion, and you will get a better game as a result.

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

(edited by titanlectro.5029)

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Drigan.7382

Drigan.7382

This is the exact type of response the WvW Community needs to see from the devs. If we saw more examples of our feedback being listened to, this game mode could still have a long life ahead of itself.

Its not too late Anet. Good job on listening to people here, but please don’t make this a one time deal. Look at the other things we’ve said, too.

Spirit Of Faith [HOPE]
Fort Aspenwood – www.gw2hope.com

in WvW

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

300 gold per level.

You didn’t post my edit.

I still see nothing about “per level”. 300g, commander unlocked for account. People already who have it grandfathered in. Sounds fine to me.

in the economy now, 100g isnt a lot. It looks and sounds like a lot to those who only play for an hour or two a day, but those people shouldn’t be worried about commanding then in WvW. If it was left, eventually we could end up with “Too many chiefs, not enough indians” scenario.

in WvW

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Thank Dwayna! And Thank you John, Zach and Tyler! This is GREAT news!

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Say what

A great example of how no matter what they do people give them a hard time.

I’m sure this change would have come about if we all followed your lead.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: CHAO.7956

CHAO.7956

I just want to thank Anet as a whole here and especially those responsible for changing the colors to free. I had been pretty annoyed about the charge per color and lost pretty much all faith in you guys but you’ve changed my mind and proved that you do still listen. Though there are many things I’d like to see changed for the better but I do have to admit I spend a LOT of my time on GW2 so you must all be doing some things right

-General Michael

in WvW

atheria.2837

Say what

I really appreciate Anet’s willingness to turn the ship around so quickly. I realize that was no easy task and personal sacrifices where made to make this possible, and I’m grateful.

Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned here.

When it comes to WvW, “small” changes have a big community impact. (After all, WvW is the most community driven aspect of GW2.) Things like character or account bound WxP define how the game is played. Likewise, charging 300g per color also has a profound effect on the community.

I understand why Anet wants to wait until the last second to announce things. You have been burned in the past; I get it. That said, if you had communicated with the community about your plans sooner (even if it was strictly hypothetical), you would have gotten this important feedback sooner, and been able to plan accordingly. There would have been no need for a heroic weekend cram session.

This is a reoccurring problem with WvW development. It happened with WxP, Bloodlust, US Season 1 Leagues and now with Commander Tags. All of these problems could have been avoided by working with the community during the development phase.

So this is my suggestion:

Keep the WvW community in the loop. Include us BEFORE you invest a lot of time and energy in an idea. Make sure you emphasize that everything is hypothetical, and you are not promising anything. (So you don’t get burned again by people saying “Anet promised”) Just include us and get our opinion, and you will get a better game as a result.

I second your comments – and will add that the WvW community is and has always made good suggestions but the communication still seem to be going, largely, one way.

in WvW

Posted by: Night.2759

Night.2759

I don’t usually post on the forums, but I wanted to give a thank you for deciding not to charge per color on commander tags.

Nightanvil – Guardian / Nightrend Shademist – Thief
Nightspecter – Necromancer / Night**** all others

in WvW

Posted by: Sean.8274

Sean.8274

Thanks for listening, Anet!

Lucy Ursa~80 Guardian | Worf Rozhenko~80 Warrior | Vera Valentine~80 Mesmer | Cupcake~80 Engi
King Arcturus X~80 Ranger | Suki Serra~80 Thief | Count Charon~80 Necro | Regulus Leo~80 Ele
HoD since launch

in WvW

Posted by: FreeRide.2547

FreeRide.2547

I think Anet is missing one of the root problems with their original proposal. Wvw players do not have much gold banked. So when gold costs are brought up it hits us hard.

Thank you Anet for the replies regarding this issue.

Tip my hat to the dudes working through the weekend.

FreeRide GOM

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

And all it took as MASSIVE explosion of anger from pretty much every WvW player. Just like the last time with the dev griefing the GvG. Seems this is the only way WvW gets any dev attention.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

300 gold per level.

what in the world are you talking about

in WvW

Posted by: Griz.4102

Griz.4102

Good to see an MMO company respond to player feedback in a sensible way. I’ve played some other games where that didn’t happen. It’s nice not to be ignored.

Fenthir of Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Good to see an MMO company respond to player feedback in a sensible way. I’ve played some other games where that didn’t happen. It’s nice not to be ignored.

Not to be ignored?

You’re joking, right? RIGHT?!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in WvW

Posted by: jamesg.7128

jamesg.7128

I don’t often post here but I just have to chime in with these two questions -

1. How could they possibly not EXPECT the negativity about the original plan?
2. How on earth could they have thought that was a good idea in the first place?

Edit: Glad it’s sorted though, this is how it should have been from the start

in WvW

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

Thank you guys for working the weekend and doing this for the player base. It is much appreciated.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Thanks for listening, although how anyone came to think that 300g per colour was a good idea, especially for wvw people, still means there is a huge disconnect between whoever thought that was a sensible price and the wvw player base.

Let this be a lesson to you- if you are thinking of changing something, get the wvw community involved BEFORE you announce it to the world then you will be much more appreciated and less likely to have huge amounts of egg on your faces.

Much kudos for listening and changing, that takes a lot. Now don’t revert to ‘tell them nothing’ and get some guilds on board to test drive ideas before you put them in to practice, so we won’t see any more bad ideas like golem mastery and disabling traps.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Reisinger.4203

Reisinger.4203

I’m a bit confused as to how this is going to work now – if we purchased a commander tag right now (for 100g), do we get the four colours after the patch comes in?

Regardless, it’s good news that the 300g per colour plan was revised!

GW2 PvP League Season 3 Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeKVJ1krPmU

(edited by Reisinger.4203)

in WvW

Posted by: jusxshadow.1493

jusxshadow.1493

Thank you WvW Team. I know it seems we ask for a lot, and I’m sure we do. But we also ask for things to be made right (in this case with C-tags). Thank you for listening to us on this one.

Believe G