Do raiding base events scale?

in WvW

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Does this mechanic even exist in the WvW?
I can’t tell if it’s missing, or it’s just brocken!

I originally had the impression that in the EotM patch when you attack a base, the event will scale to the number of players to discourage large single zergs, and make actually defending it an option.

What would you people think if:
The events of capturing an enemy base were to scale with Diminishing returns for the attacker if players are not defending it, to discourage single large zergs and encourage smaller teams that wouldn’t just march overpowering the opposition.

If you disagree, please specify your reason, weather it is your love for large zergs or you think that it would break the game in some way.

…and don’t be toxic!

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Events in WvW do not scale.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in WvW

Kite.2510

Events in WvW do not scale.

Ok…
And what do you think about the rest 90% of my post?

I believe these events SHOULD SCALE!
And not just scale smoothly just like any PVE event, but they should over-scale when there are to many attacking players and few to none defending ones.
And as mentioned above, the reason for that is to discourage super large amounts of Zergs stampeding over a defenseless camp, because the 2-3 players who bothered to upgrade and defend it, have cleverly legged it the moment they saw the dust on the horizon.

A-net should consider and at least experiment with that idea.

Perhaps I should put this one on a different topic…

…and don’t be toxic!

in WvW

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

Events in normal WvW do NOT scale.
Events in EotM DO scale.

in WvW

Posted by: zortek.9607

zortek.9607

Depends on the event and map. The OP was sufficiently non-specific as to make any black and white answer either partially right or partially wrong.

Believe what you want.

I have observed that the Grub and Spirit scale.

PvE (non-upgrade) mobs are an unnecessary contribution/distraction to WvW.

Other than that, I am not interested and have no opinion on the other 90% of the OP.

in WvW

Kite.2510

Events in normal WvW do NOT scale.
Events in EotM DO scale.

While when I was in Beta the events Did seem to scale, it doesn’t seem to be the case after it as I’ve seen keep bosses in EotM falling in less than 20 secconds by a super zerg. They ether removed the future or it’s not working properly.

PvE (non-upgrade) mobs are an unnecessary contribution/distraction to WvW.

NPC, bosses, doors and walls exist in WvW to prevent insta capture of another base before giving a chance to the server that it currently belongs to reach and defend it in time, as well as an excuse to encourage players to group together to take them rather than Soloing them.
Needless to say that nether of these work that well.

I’m one of the few morons in this game to still bother to stay inside the towers and camps we captured and spend my precious gold and time to upgrade and defend them, and it pains me when a zerg of 90+ takes a detour through my camp and kills everything in 5 seconds.

Do you really think that the current Zerg based playstyle in WvW is the one developers intended?

…and don’t be toxic!

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Do you really think that the current Zerg based playstyle in WvW is the one developers intended?

Attachments:

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Tyler Bearce

Tyler Bearce

Game Designer

You guys more or less covered the answer, but I’ll clarify.

In normal WvW, the Objective Events DO NOT scale. Though some of the events like the Grub and Tree Spirit DO scale.

In EotM, the Objective Events DO scale. However, the health scaling likely needs some tuning here, as it is set to cap out at around 300% additional health currently. In EotM, we wanted to noticeably reduce (but not eliminate) the advantage a bigger group has over a smaller group. We wanted having superior numbers to still feel important, without feeling like that was almost always the deciding factor in fights.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

We wanted having superior numbers to still feel important, without feeling like that was almost always the deciding factor in fights.

Too bad you never considered designing WvW around that philosophy.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

We wanted having superior numbers to still feel important, without feeling like that was almost always the deciding factor in fights.

Maybe EotM was the first step to make changes towards that? Idk…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Slyther.1297

Slyther.1297

While when I was in Beta the events Did seem to scale, it doesn’t seem to be the case after it as I’ve seen keep bosses in EotM falling in less than 20 secconds by a super zerg. They ether removed the future or it’s not working properly.

Tyler has already replied to confirm my post, but I can also tell you from experience the scaling is definitely present, especially noticeable on certain objectives. For example I can face tank workshop with no issues with three people present to take it, but as soon as a zerg shows up I start taking massive damage. Another example is Arid Keep, the AoE fire hardly hurts when a small group is fighting the ogre champ, but does massive damage to a mega-zerg.

As for the HP EotM bosses survive a lot longer than normal WvW bosses do against mega zergs, HP does scale at least to a small degree

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I think they’ve stated that EotM is their “WvW Public Test Server” where they research new ways to make WvW more interesting and introduce new mechanics. So this change might very well come into WvW later on.

One – Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: TheflamingWolf.5861

TheflamingWolf.5861

well a good group of ppl can fight atleast 2x their size and also siege and tactics play a big role in wvw too bad ppl only think the pug zergs are the only zergs there are

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Too bad you never considered designing WvW around that philosophy.[/quote]

Surely your on a 3600sec word spam restriction by now?

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Surely your on a 3600sec word spam restriction by now?[/quote]

You sound mad…Nice quoting bro.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Cactus.2710

I think they’ve stated that EotM is their “WvW Public Test Server” where they research new ways to make WvW more interesting and introduce new mechanics. So this change might very well come into WvW later on.

Because it was so difficult in the original design of WvW to consider that balanced matches might be more fun than blowouts? And because it took EOTM to “test” whether players preferred balanced matches to blowouts instead of Anet simply listening to 18 months worth of forum complaints? Not to mention, of course, those 23 pages of player inputs in the first WvW CDI that were so difficult to acknowledge.

Research involves investigation and information gathering. We’re light years beyond that.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Cactus.2710

Surely your on a 3600sec word spam restriction by now?[/quote]

Not even close … but it is indeed interesting that ANet considers objective criticism to be spam.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

Surely your on a 3600sec word spam restriction by now?

You sound mad…Nice quoting bro.[/quote]

Post history indicates IDENTICAL WvW rants. Cactus’ 2nd acct?

rofl
gg bypassing word spam