[EU] Gold League Predicted Rankings

in WvW

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Excuse me but in prime time during week we have Always less than 40 on borders and less than 90 on EB.

At 18:00-19:00 GMT+1 you can even enter a queueless border and get in EB quite fast with 10-20 queues maximum in 1-2 borders

On other servers you see 200+

And i see lot of guild raids of 10-20

In season 1 i refused to play due to the unbearable queues.
On the Weekend its a different story ofcourse.

P.S. if there is a thing i Always hated is that nobody on sfr helps with ruins, nor in season as in normal matchups………

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

in WvW

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Excuse me but in prime time during week we have Always less than 40 on borders and less than 90 on EB.

At 18:00-19:00 GMT+1 you can even enter a queueless border and get in EB quite fast with 10-20 queues maximum in 1-2 borders

On other servers you see 200+

And i see lot of guild raids of 10-20

In season 1 i refused to play due to the unbearable queues.
On the Weekend its a different story ofcourse.

P.S. if there is a thing i Always hated is that nobody on sfr helps with ruins, nor in season as in normal matchups…..i really have an opposite experience….

I don’t think you realize I play on Seafarer and see the same queues you have.
With the freaking EBG being 250+
and the freaking Home border being 150+
with the other borders popping between 80=100

Now at the end of the first matchup its not as unbearable but over the past course of weekend it was terrible.
And it will be the same story on Friday.

Something tells me you aren’t really one of the veteran.
If you actually board the meetings you know the issues.
You also know that we have had a freaking mini zerg running achievements on the ruins.

(edited by Nhalx.9735)

in WvW

LordByron.8369

Yeah as i said such queues are on the weekend but in the rest of the week is more than bearable…

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in WvW

Posted by: NickT.5306

NickT.5306

1) Sfr
2) Deso
3) Viz
4) JS
5) BB
6) Kodash
7) ER
8) RS
9) AR

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Riverside – Kodash – Baruch Bay is looking pretty awesome this week!

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Yeah, so next week matches

T1: SFR (10) – Winner of T2 (Open) (8) – Deso (8)
T2: Jade (6) – Winner T3 (Elona or Vizu) (6) – Second T2 (Open) (6)
T3: Looser T2 (Open) (4) – Second T3 (Elona or Vizu) (4) – Augury (2)

Maybe T2 is so close, because none want to win, but everyone want to be second

So my predictions
1) SFR
2-3) Second in T1 + Winner in T3 of last round
4-6) looser of T1 + second of T2 + winner of T3 of last round
7-8) looser of T2 + second of T3 of last round
9) Augury

As all the rounds between now and round 9 do not matter, can we please skip them and start last round next week?

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Yeah, so next week matches

T1: SFR (10) – Winner of T2 (Open) (8) – Deso (8)
T2: Jade (6) – Winner T3 (Elona or Vizu) (6) – Second T2 (Open) (6)
T3: Looser T2 (Open) (4) – Second T2 (Elona or Vizu) (4) – Augury (2)

Maybe T2 is so close, because none want to win, but everyone want to be second

It’s that close cause germans have more coverage during weekend, but baruch has more during the week.
Baruch wants to win, and it will win.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in WvW

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

Riverside – Kodash – Baruch Bay is looking pretty awesome this week!

if you break the points down into ppt and non ppt the statistic is very interesting

ppt points only:
1. Baruch – 109828
2. River – 108767
3. Kodash – 94910

kodash is way behind the other 2 servers because of the weak coverage. it is very hard to defend wooden towers at our prime time

points from kills:
1. Kodash – 60807
2. River – 50225
3. Baruch – 49735

this is where kodash shines. we always habe 2-3 ruins and all the smallscale roamer and havoc groups do an incredible job, even after losing a lot of our most famous smallscaler and havocs to eso.

baruch and riverside are pretty even in their performances.

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in WvW

Posted by: Schtizzel.5497

Schtizzel.5497

Or to put it that way, kodash running from all of equal fights only to come again outnumbering them 2:1.

Or because you’re killing more sentries, dolyaks or capturing supply depots then all the others.

Or maybe because you’re playing your version of “small scale”. Always fighting 1vs3 or even 1vs5.

Dont get me wrong, you have some amazing small scalers and many more than RS or BB but the majority is playing like in big scale, always outnumbering the enemy. Doesnt matter if you wanna call it small scale or superior to “zerging”, “big scale” but there were many situation in which i found me playing against 3 kodash guys all using some cheap builds, when i roamed in the past few days.
And Kodash wouldn’t get so many points from “small scale” if all players in WvW would have some basic knowledge about their class, sadly.

And not to forget your morning and afternoon crew or BB that are just capturing the things from RS when we barely can play on 1 borderland.

I personally find this matchup boring except for the much more present small scale fights. Everybody running around in blobs or babysitting their comrades guild/zergs (and yes i mean you PAIN) or PvDing the **** out of each other.

(edited by Schtizzel.5497)

in WvW

Posted by: Grok.6714

Grok.6714

Gogo Baruch!

SFR Forum Warrior Academy

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Please do NOT discuss a single match that extensively! Always keep an eye on the whole league please! (This match even has a special match-thread: http://www.gw2wvw.net/topic/baruch-bay-riverside-kodash-gold-league)

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

I’m p.amazed of Deso performance tbh. Looks like the season will be interesting,

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

You have to take into account that there is no fixed schedule of match-ups.
BB taking the lead this week is a bit of a surprise and so it seems Vizunah is not the same Troma inspired Community, whoever finishes 2nd or 3rd this week could still end up winning next week for max points.

And then there is population sustainability especially once players complete their achievements, how long will players be motivated beyond that?

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

I don’t think BB taking the lead is that surprising, considering their heavy night caping zerg.

Especially when they’ve been teaming up with Kodash agaist RS since tuesday.

in WvW

Dayra.7405

I don’t think BB taking the lead is that surprising, considering their heavy night caping zerg.

Especially when they’ve been teaming up with Kodash agaist RS since tuesday.

Unfortunately the outcome of the first 7 rounds of EU-Gold are totally irrelevant as long as no one wins vs SFR (or SFR let no one win, they are unreachable 1st after the 7th victory) and no one looses against Augury. The final ranking is purely determined in the last 2 rounds as 2nd and 8th will always be only 4pts apart. And the endresult will be
1.) SFR 45pts (5n)
2.) 2 server with 29 pts (3n+2)
4.) 3 server with 27 pts (3n)
7.) 2 server with 25 pts (3n-2)
9.) Augury with 9 pts. (n)

with n being the number of rounds played. Or turning it around: It only needs 2 rounds of swiss-system to order 9 servers in 3-way matches as 9 = 3^2.

The really funny consequence of this league of course is: It get started to be decided long after all achievement hunters are done in WvW and back to their PvE-Mobs.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Dayra.7405

End of round 5 is coming, time for a projection:

1) SFR
2) SL & Jade
4) Deso, Riverside & Elona
7) Kodash
8) Vizu
9) AR

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Hi lads!

Can somebody explain me what happens if the Deso keep falling out of tier1 but always wins the tier2, the Kodash does the same and BB stays as now? How are the final points calculated? Can Deso still be the 2nd or 3th?

This is my first season and I don’t really know this swiss-style tournament rules.

Thanks for the information!

#I no words have"

in WvW

Dayra.7405

@Aggrostemma: If you always win T2 and always loose T1 you always flip between, as the tournament ends on a odd (9) round you will be shared 4th this way.

Can somebody explain me what happens if the Deso keep falling out of tier1 but always wins the tier2, the Kodash does the same and BB stays as now?

Exactly this was the base of my projection:
SFR and it’s lapdog keep the T1 clean of intruders.
AR and Vizu keep loosing the T3
Deso and Jade switch T1/T2
Elona and Kodash switch T2/T3
RS stays T2.

But at the end of round 7 SFR has won uncatchable, maybe they stop protecting their lapdog at that time

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I’m keep hoping….

After the 6th round “hopefuly” the current top server will rest a bit since they will be a winner that time.

Is shared 4th means that there is no third? I know I’m annoying

#I no words have"

in WvW

Dayra.7405

There is no 3rd as there are two shared 2nd
There is no 5th and 6th as there are three shared 4th

in WvW

LordByron.8369

My opinion Is some servers are doing tactical mistakes

Deso few days ago lost 4 maps only to focus with all their players a T3 home tower in a really long fight against 1/3 or 1/4 sfr.

They won clearly but it took so long the went from 220+ to 50 points ticking.

BB also have a really strong coverage at some empty hours.
Kodash lost to that (sfr stops caring for PPT when they have a good advantage and start just looking for fights), and deso is getting behind to that.

SFR has a really good coverage, but BB is second just from other servers mistakes and few hours of the highest coverage.

They are playing with intelligence.

In my opinion the second place is still more than open.

And at least you don’t have a onesided tournament like Silver League.

GW2 balance:

in WvW

Posted by: majos.8503

majos.8503

The funniest part of this thread is on first page noone thought that Baruch would had a better place than 7th on league… Now we are discussing if Baruch will be the 2nd.

Epic.

Majos The Blizard – Baruch Bay [SP]

in WvW

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

No one thought that because they didn’t realise Baruch would be suckling at SFs teat which is the only reason they get a sniff at being above deso.

When there was no SF in the picture they were soundly beaten by a huge margin despite having bigger numbers than Deso and they know it.

in WvW

Posted by: majos.8503

majos.8503

No one thought that because they didn’t realise Baruch would be suckling at SFs teat which is the only reason they get a sniff at being above deso.

When there was no SF in the picture they were soundly beaten by a huge margin despite having bigger numbers than Deso and they know it.

Deso player…

Majos The Blizard – Baruch Bay [SP]

in WvW

phaeris.7604

Your point being?

Shall i just say what the scores in round 1 were when there was no SF to babysit you?

But you stick to running around dodging us taking empty keeps and supply camps.

in WvW

Grok.6714

1) Deso farms SFR garrison with the whole server blob for serveral hours on Friday.
2) Meanwhile BB tick like bosses holding most objectives + ruins
3) Deso continues farming SFR garrison
4) SFR decides to have some Friday afternoon fun and pushes Deso a bit
5) A Deso player decides to stop tunnel-visioning the karma train for one second and presses ‘M’
6) ???
7) #desotears

PS: Ah good, too see that nothing has changed and Darya still crying on 3 separate forums about the same topic. German reliability, right there…

(edited by Grok.6714)

in WvW

Posted by: hholls.3278

hholls.3278

SFR = Learned well from their beatings by Viz blob blob blob any even fight lets run…..
Underworld showed more guts.

As for Baruch Bay …well I’d rather be beaten than act in the manner they have with their pathetic pact.

in WvW

Posted by: Xelic.8674

Xelic.8674

The funniest part of this thread is on first page noone thought that Baruch would had a better place than 7th on league… Now we are discussing if Baruch will be the 2nd.

Epic.

From what I’ve noticed, Baruch Bay is only doing “good” whenThey have SFR in the same matchup.

Smells fishy.

(edited by Xelic.8674)

in WvW

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Epic.

From what I’ve noticed, Baruch Bay is only doing “good” when they have SFR in the same matchup.

Smells fishy.

Second week doesn’t approve…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in WvW

phaeris.7604

What’s truly pathetic about Baruch is you’re settling for second place. You’re happy to be seafarers toady instead of trying to win.

No matter what happens in Deso or what our reputation is we always go for the win. For us second place is a loss ,where as you’re content with sitting at the right hand of SF letting it ruffle your hair.

in WvW

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

What’s truly pathetic about Baruch is you’re settling for second place. You’re happy to be seafarers toady instead of trying to win.

No matter what happens in Deso or what our reputation is we always go for the win. For us second place is a loss ,where as you’re content with sitting at the right hand of SF letting it ruffle your hair.

Really? You dont settle for 2nd? So why are you only focused on BB in the matchup? 70%+ focus at all times on BB says the statistics.

As for the so called “2vs1”… please inform me how this is the case when SFR focus is split almost equal. 52% Deso, 48% BB.

Going by your so called reading of the statistics,

SFR is 2vs1 with BB against Deso (as BB are primarily focusing Deso).

BUT

SFR is also 2vs1 with Deso against BB (as Deso are primarily focusing BB by pretty much the same %)
….

But lets not discuss this here as it will get the thread closed… please go to
http://www.gw2wvw.net/forums/eu-matchups

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

Dunno why people rated Baruch at Place 7 or lower. There Nightcapping is enormous so they are easyly in the top 3 with Sfr and imo Jade.
All german servers are suffering from the same “problem” very weak nightcoverage.
It’s nightcapping that wins you the matchups. So heres my prediction:

1. Sfr (no wonder…)
2. Baruch/Jade
3. Jade/Baruch
4. Deso (maybe 3)
5. Kodash/River
6. River/Kodash
7. Elo
8. Vizu
9. AR

in WvW

Posted by: Gensokyo.1528

Gensokyo.1528

Honestly the reason deso keeps losing to bb in matchups with sfr in them is because deso is unable to make any points during the bb weak hours due to sfr being too strong during primetime and morning where bb are very weak. Deso cant capitalize on these hours and bb are by far the strongest server during late night hours they have insane numbers much more than deso or sfr have and they focus deso heavily during these hours. On the last day of the matchup bb and deso are very close to eachother in points and bb make a huge push because they have much more desire to take second place in this league than any of the other servers fighting for that position which is also how they beat kodash last week but everyone is underestimating bb’s desire to win and assuming it must somehow be sfr’s doing. Same thing will happen this week atm deso are 1k ahead of bb but on the last day of the matchup bb can make back 10-20k points if deso don’t give everything they have to stop them because sfr sure as hell wont be going all out on reset day when we are 50k ahead in points to stop bb pvding everything a few hours before reset but last time deso’s pain train blob thought having 4k lead was enough to win and started farming sfr inside our garrison while bb capped everything and then you blame us for losing hilarious.

Piken | [Ash] | Epi The Lad
best Druid EU and South Sudan

(edited by Gensokyo.1528)

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Lol I remember their over-commitment from last league. After the league they will be all exhausted and stay home such that they will drop down to 15 again.

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I think we had a good lead over BB two weeks ago and let it slip, our population dropped for various reasons also, but that’s no excuse.
Early mornings and afternoons aren’t our strongest hours though, even Riverside managed to reset a lot of our stuff last week.

By the way does anyone know what happened to Vizunah? It seems they are catching up to Elona, are they back from the dead?

Scrubio

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

Honestly the reason deso keeps losing to bb in matchups with sfr in them is because deso is unable to make any points during the bb weak hours due to sfr being too strong during primetime and morning where bb are very weak. Deso cant capitalize on these hours and bb are by far the strongest server during late night hours they have insane numbers much more than deso or sfr have and they focus deso heavily during these hours. On the last day of the matchup bb and deso are very close to eachother in points and bb make a huge push because they have much more desire to take second place in this league than any of the other servers fighting for that position which is also how they beat kodash last week but everyone is underestimating bb’s desire to win and assuming it must somehow be sfr’s doing. Same thing will happen this week atm deso are 1k ahead of bb but on the last day of the matchup bb can make back 10-20k points if deso don’t give everything they have to stop them because sfr sure as hell wont be going all out on reset day when we are 50k ahead in points to stop bb pvding everything a few hours before reset but last time deso’s pain train blob thought having 4k lead was enough to win and started farming sfr inside our garrison while bb capped everything and then you blame us for losing hilarious.

QFT. Whoever wants it more gets it. I’m sure BB people are putting in a lot more hours than they usually are simply because they see a chance to get 2nd in league, maybe even first, which no one thought possible at start. Server morale is what drives wvw, Vizunah used to make up 20k point differences during a night simply because Troma and grand cross managed to fan the morale.

Too bad match up threads got closed, in a way they were driving server morale, making people actually care about who wins, making the fights worth fighting. Now? Meh, does not matter at all.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

I’m enjoying reading the EU rants, it makes a nice changed to the NA ones

As an outsider I’m curious what happened to Viz. Most of you predicted them as #1, what happen?

in WvW

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

As an outsider I’m curious what happened to Viz. Most of you predicted them as #1, what happen?

they all trasnfered to SFR, we getting tones and tones on newcomers, bangwagoners and so on for months already…ER, underworld etc))

But i actually miss strong vizaguna square…y it’s only blobs, but we Seafarer’s Blob is blobbing too and viguna could put a nice fight to it.

Actually i wish JS and BB to become 2nd and 3rd.

JS for smart playing, BB for last running server ever)

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in WvW

Posted by: Valdemas.4960

Valdemas.4960

The driving force behind the server left for another MMORPG. Without clear leadership and internal strife between PPT and GvG mentality the server got caught off guard in the league, resulting in a chain of transfers/game quits and falling down the ranks, a vicious circle.

Then again I am not from Vizunah, I’m sure there are other reasons, just posting the ones that were clear even from the outside.

Vinita Rush, ZDs Officer

in WvW

Deli.1302

Vizunah lost a lot of guilds to ESO and their original leadership quit the game. That’s what happened.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Vizunah lost a lot of guilds to ESO and their original leadership quit the game. That’s what happened.

ESO doesn’t have arrow carts so why they would play ESO? Of course if you select right spec it’s like spamming arrow cart, but easier and more effective.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Deli.1302

ESO doesn’t have arrow carts so why they would play ESO? Of course if you select right spec it’s like spamming arrow cart, but easier and more effective.

That’s so old. Give it a rest.

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I wonder what Kingface is up to lol. No one has answered my question about Vizunah’s comeback in their current Match-up, do they have a new alliance?

Scrubio

in WvW

Dayra.7405

No one has answered my question about Vizunah’s comeback in their current Match-up, do they have a new alliance?

2/3 of France have holidays, Germany has none.

in WvW

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

they all trasnfered to SFR, we getting tones and tones on newcomers, bangwagoners and so on for months already…ER, underworld etc))

But i actually miss strong vizaguna square…y it’s only blobs, but we Seafarer’s Blob is blobbing too and viguna could put a nice fight to it.

Actually i wish JS and BB to become 2nd and 3rd.

JS for smart playing, BB for last running server ever)

Though I am not from VIZ I am from a different server, I transfered to SFR before the tourney as I was not happy with PvE + WvW on my old server. Also, I was scared that the gem price will be jacked up due to the transfer cost announcement. I can only imagine that a lot of people thought the same so I guess SFR had a healthy income of new players, while the megaservers helped as well? Basically, WvW is now the only reason to go from server A to B, pve is meaningless. Some servers lost, some gained.

banished from time and space

in WvW

LordByron.8369

Actually if you look at what is happening i’d say many french went to deso.

There are only 3 servers having a huge increase in PPT last days:

Vizuna, Jade Sea and Desolation.
Sfr is outmanned for most of the day…but things will change soon since other holidays could revert the situation.

GW2 balance:

in WvW

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Actually if you look at what is happening i’d say many french went to deso.

There are only 3 servers having a huge increase in PPT last days:

Vizuna, Jade Sea and Desolation.
Sfr is outmanned for most of the day…but things will change soon since other holidays could revert the situation.

Desolation is getting the usual boost from the league PvE achievements. Our PvE population is humongous, whenever you can bring even a small part of it on the WvW maps the difference is massive.

Even so we already lost numbers as weeks are progressing, although I’m anticipating a boost in the last 2 weeks as latecomers will want to complete the achievements. But numbers will drop again by a large margin as soon as the league is over.

in WvW

LordByron.8369

Pve players playing all night and morning in www?

And PvE players would rather go Killing doliak and turning camps since you complete zerg achievements in really few days.

Something happened last 2 days about deso www population and coverage.

GW2 balance:

in WvW

Grok.6714

Two things happened:

1) Deso being able to have a lot more folks in WvW in off hours than usual ( for whatever reasone )
2) SFR is in UBER-SLACK mode because 85% of the server thinks that we already won the League and joins WvW only for karma trains.

TBH, I’m quite happy we’re getting pushed a bit. A bucket of cold water never hurts…

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Something happened last 2 days about deso www population and coverage.

If anything, it would have started to show after Friday’s reset rather than the last 2 days. But things seem to be playing out as normal. Deso’s night force has been consistently phenomenal during the current season, from Mondays onwards. If you look at the last 4 matchups:
Friday reset: Usually a good start until the end of prime time.
Weekend: Usually meh .. depends on opposition
Monday night onwards…
From around 2AM, Deso night force kicks in, lasts until about 8:30AM BST, then dies off until maybe 4PM BST.

BB’s night force is just as phenomenal but kicks in a couple of hours before Deso’s and tails off around the time Deso kicks in. They come back into their own around 10AM BST.

I have heard ‘rumours’ of a Viz guild coming over but have yet to come across them. Deso is all-embracing and a welcoming server .. happy to have any WvW guild join us .. even SFR

But huge influx? Nah – just the same old reprobates jumping off bridges to even up the odds for the opposition..

Edit: Corrected erroneous use of PM instead of AM ..

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

(edited by Bloodwort MacFangho.4638)