EU vs US - how do they differ?

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I was wondering what those people who have experience playing on both sides of the pond thought about the differences in WvW between the two continents.

Are there significant differences between WvW in the US and the EU?

How is coverage?

Are people more or less casual and how in general is the quality of play?

in WvW

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

By “US” do you mean “NA”?

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Guild play is a great deal more prevalent, at least in general. Their GvG scene is still ahead of NA. That said, they still have omni-blobs just like NA and there are servers who are known for their siege warfare.

Coverage is closer I think as everyone is more or less playing during the same timeslots. and most of the OCX and SEA play NA. The glicko ratings are also much closer allowing greater match-up variety.

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

I play on FSP EU during NA prime time, We moved here from the NA servers the best thing I have experienced overall, less trolly people. But yes Tibstrike is correct in his assessment. This is totally true “glicko ratings are also much closer allowing greater match-up variety.” The game play overall is much better on the EU servers. People tend to work better together, there are far less egos over here too, at least in my personal opinion. Servers here also try to encourage people to go to other servers to make all servers more balanced. In NA everyone just wants to totally stack a few servers rather than encourage more even match-ups

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I’ve only played on NA servers but from what I can tell is that they are pretty much the same. Blobs, servers that play PPT, guild havoc groups, GvG, etc.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

The difference, is more or less overall coverage.

I went from EU to NA and the two biggest factors i noticed was that
A; EU has a more balanced activity between the modes. You will always find people in PvE, regardless of what hours you log on, there will always be stuff to do in WvW.
B; The average WvW pug in EU is more skilled then in NA. EU has a more open mind when it comes to builds, therefore the hammer meta which is plaguing NA atm, is less prevalent in EU as EU already have found a counter meta to the hammer meta.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

-Overall population during prime time is the same across most EU servers whereas in NA it varies even during prime time. This means even T4-5 servers can compete with T1-2 servers during prime time.

-EU ratings are much closer and differences in strength between tiers is tiny. In NA each tier is 2-3 times stronger than the tier below it.

-EU has more than just hammer train meta

-Most EU servers have more ocx/sea coverage than most NA servers.

-Average skill level in EU is higher.

-Guilds in EU prioritize quality over quantity unlike so many NA guilds.

-People actually stay on tag in EU during fights

-EU has the best GvG guilds in the game (at least 3 have already beaten the best NA guild)

in WvW

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

I have to agree with former

WvW in EU has more structure, the militia have a better idea of there role and the average skill level seems a tad higher.
In terms of guilds it is no secret that EU is well ahead of NA in that aspect.

I disagree on a coverage level though, I think NA has a wider variety of coverage times.

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Depends on what you mean….

1. Top NA server would beat the top EU server head to head due to coverage
2. The top EU guilds are way better in GvG
3. The EU meta is more advanced than the NA meta

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

Lol, for some strange reason I think the OP already knows the answer.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

EU t4 is better than NA t2 in numbers

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Deli.1302

I disagree on a coverage level though, I think NA has a wider variety of coverage times.

T1 and T2 maybe but the rest are dead outside prime time. Most EU servers (T1-5) will have zergs going during ocx/sea.

in WvW

Posted by: Runty Choir.4893

Runty Choir.4893

Ive been on both sides and EU WvW is much more populated. NA t2 is like EU t4. On Gunnars Hold primetime we had longer Ques than NA T2 primetime. Ive not noticed individual player skill that much, seems both sides have an equal ammount of good and bad players. And yea the GvG scene speaks for itself.

Alpha
Victrixx [xVx]

in WvW

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Care to elaborate on the more advanced EU meta and the meta countering and moving beyond hammer trains. I’m not disagreeing, just curious.

in WvW

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

in EU, they are dedicated no matter how many times the get destroyed their morale is high, they have guilds who run raids almost everyday, less egos, more drunks on ts ( someone was so drunk he was singing wrecking ball on TS ), they show up with numbers always. GVG they are more into it than NA, using siege in open field is not honorable to some, rangers are a nono, use a rally bot/uplevel you get flamed in 12 different languages, they barely res down players, roaming is less, they got Kid inkk on a daily basis.

in NA, not all servers are dedicated to wvw. morale is low on some servers, raids are not consistent, more egos, less drunks on ts, use what ever you want on open fields, GVG is like monthly period, rarely happens, use whatever char you want and talk smack still, rangers to zerk glass, no man gets left behind they res you no matter what, roaming wise NA has more and skills they tbag you and try to party you to talk crap NA got kid inkk only for seasons.

anything else all blob eu to na.
same warrior meta, you throw a stone you hit 5 warriors.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

(edited by Zeke Azul Falcon.5176)

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Care to elaborate on the more advanced EU meta and the meta countering and moving beyond hammer trains. I’m not disagreeing, just curious.

Hammer train is prevalent in EU as well. Simply because Arenanet is incredibly stubborn and doesn’t listen to its player base. Being able to spam a skill, which is 2 seconds 240 radius AoE stun, 600 leap and a blast finisher with less 10 second cooldown (burst mastery) is simply broken. It is really sad that few overpowered skills, like Earthshaker, have been dominating the meta ever since Autumn 2012 when this game was launched. Warrior burst skills must have a much longer cooldown or Earthshaker’s radius needs to be reduced to 120 radius, now it is way too generous.

But back to the topic: I won’t reveal all of our tactics, but here in PuG/militia heavy server Desolation we have been constantly fighting against the best hammer melee trains of this game (most reside in Silver league EU servers) using just PuGs. Most PuG teams play whatever build and profession they want and they might be upleveled. Meaning we often have less warriors and guardians than the enemy does, but more ranged attackers and more “useless” professions like rangers and engineers.

The key things to win a well-coordinated melee train:
1. Movement, timing, dodging. If you get hit by the main burst of the melee train, you are pretty much dead, because the best Guild-vs-Guild teams have a lot of boon stripping (= bye bye stability) and their necromancers and elementalists do crazy damage.
2. Keep focusing on their backline, aka their ranged, mainly necromancers and elementalists under pressure all the time. A stunned, pulled, knocked, launched necromancer won’t be doing anything for a while.
3. Use your ranged to soften, stun and CC their group from range. And keep on moving all the time.
4. Use everything they do as well. Stacking for might, blasting water fields, using 1-3 chained veils, portal bomb
*5. Lure them to the terrain you want.
E.g. take advantage of uphill. Lure them to the range of your siege, like superior arrow carts.

Welcome to Desolation, to see how well it works. ;-) But I warn you, buy bigger bags first, as you will get too much loot.

Speaking of the tier differences in EU: The differences are really small. Desolation has not received any major transfers for months. We were recently a EU rank 11 server (tier 4), but now we are in the gold league and rank 8 (tier 3) and probably rising up to rank 6 (tier 2) this week. We are completely dominating our current match up. See:
http://mos.millenium.org/eu/matchups

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in WvW

Posted by: milknnuts.8610

milknnuts.8610

Im curious, what’s a kid inkk? Anybody know?

in WvW

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Most do run hammer trains as part of the group, since they can eliminate any squishies/PUGs they catch with CC and roll over, and hammer trains can blast for healing while offering shout heals and lots of condition removal. It’s effective for focusing fire and providing cover for your backline.

However a good hammer train is not enough to win a fight, you need a backline that can focus damage and provide support while not getting caught out of position. I really don’t know how this compares to NA, but my experience says that your spike damage from an EU group is not coming from the frontline, and a lot of your healing power is also dependent on the backline. This should be obvious but the execution is much more difficult than just blobbing up into one hammer group and following the commander.

Kid Inkk – just search on YouTube (don’t forget the second k)

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Worth mentioning what tier your experience of NA/EU comes from. I think there is more difference between actual tiers than region, well except for coverage, NA has better overall coverage.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

Gandara is rank 10, 3 weeks ago we were rank 16, and we finished the last season at rank 11.

in WvW

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Gandara is rank 10, 3 weeks ago we were rank 16, and we finished the last season at rank 11.

Saw your Queue, i felt sorry for the server..

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Well NA stays up 20 hours at a time, until SoS ddos’s their voice comms 5-6 times in a row in EU hours, making people just go to sleep, while they blob 80 mans at empty maps, and /cheering the whole time.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Zeke Azul Falcon.5176

Well NA stays up 20 hours at a time, until SoS ddos’s their voice comms 5-6 times in a row in EU hours, making people just go to sleep, while they blob 80 mans at empty maps, and /cheering the whole time.

LOL, dejavu back in the SOR, JQ and BG days.

Thief DD : DP : PD : SB
Elementalist S : DD
Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

The NA server I am currently on the whole feels a lot more relaxed.
Zergs & blobs still rule the day just as they do on EU servers.
The coverage is a little better on NA (This is dependent on which tier you’re in).
World vs world population disparity between servers is pretty much the same across the board (EU & NA).

in WvW

Prysin.8542

rangers are a nono,

i think you got this backwards dude. EU is a hundred times more open to rangers then NA. I can say this, because i spent a year in EU as a Ranger Main, and i got more flak for playing ranger in NA during my first 3 weeks, then an entire year in EU. FYI; i played on Far Shiverpeaks and Desolation. So no, i didn’t play on empty T8 servers.

As for Tarnished Coast – probably the only server in NA (that iv’e heard of/experienced) that has the same attitude towards rangers as most EU servers. In short; You get a chance to prove yourself and if you succeed, people will not give you any flak for playing ranger (unlike some other T1/T2 servers)

VIZ/SFR had barely 1-2 hours a day deadtime throughout the entire week, trust me, when it comes to coverage, EU T1 is more menacing then NA T1. Mostly because 12/20 hours in NA is spent hugging keeps, while 17/22 hours in EU is spent golem-rushing/flipping camps/draining supply.

(edited by Prysin.8542)

in WvW

Posted by: Kuper.2641

Kuper.2641

I played EU most of the time in a mid ranking server (Aurora Glade ~13th).

I moved to NA to Sanctum of Rall in ~June ’13 which If I remember correctly was a top tier NA (3rd of 4th back then). I played NA for 3 hours and had to stop playing after that much time due to the poor quality that I was seeing.

What I witnessed was truly magical, EU had moved passed the Veil trains and Portal bombs of old, there must of been some delay with tactics moving across the Atlantic or something, as all of the NA groups where just feeding us 20 kills with each portal bomb they attempted. If it didn’t work the first time, they would keep trying for some reason. I just got bored with the lack of strategy I was seeing from them, they seemed to be 2 or 3 months behind EU.

What I would say is that NA do like to PPT and go for the victory more than EU cares for it. Most EU players don’t look up what the current scores are during the match-up, just look at whats on the map to fight. German servers seem to be the exception to this rule and they do like their siege warfare.

Since then I have not been to an NA server so I cannot say how closely the tactics are to EU nowadays, Just that back then they seemed to be behind by about 2-3 months.

[VII] Seventh Legion
Ex-Guild/Raid Leader/Commander
www.seventhlegion.net

in WvW

Posted by: hmsgoddess.3869

hmsgoddess.3869

in EU, they are dedicated no matter how many times the get destroyed their morale is high, they have guilds who run raids almost everyday, less egos, more drunks on ts ( someone was so drunk he was singing wrecking ball on TS ), they show up with numbers always.

The EU meta is more advanced than the NA meta

-EU ratings are much closer and differences in strength between tiers is tiny. In NA each tier is 2-3 times stronger than the tier below it.

-EU has more than just hammer train meta

-Most EU servers have more ocx/sea coverage than most NA servers.

-Average skill level in EU is higher.

-Guilds in EU prioritize quality over quantity unlike so many NA guilds.

-People actually stay on tag in EU during fights

-EU has the best GvG guilds in the game (at least 3 have already beaten the best NA guild)

…..All of this above I find true, of EU servers in general. EU also remebers above all this is a game and as such people should be having fun while playing it. This in no way means there are not serious game players, just they don’t make it less of a game and more of a job just because they are a bit serious in game.

I’d like to add NA servers overall (not all but average) tend to be meaner to each other, tend to have huge egos, tend to troll each other bad, don’t respect the commanders and what commanders do for the server, and finally they make what is suppose to be a game into work, making the overall game play less fun.

~ Emma Vine Sixty Nine Shades Of [NUDE] – Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I think EU guilds in general tends to think themselves as superior in every way since every EU guilds that came over to NA had massive superiority complex. I remember when the “best” WvW (Sarcx guild) guild came over while they were good in GvG, they got completely destroyed in actual WvW by every single SoR guild every single time. SoR guilds didn’t map blob them, they had guild commanders tell each other to back off and only let 1 guild engage them one at a time while others watched.

They are no different then NA players except the fact that EU guilds tends to be more tryhard than anything else, but no better imo.

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

rangers are a nono,

i think you got this backwards dude. EU is a hundred times more open to rangers then NA. I can say this, because i spent a year in EU as a Ranger Main, and i got more flak for playing ranger in NA during my first 3 weeks, then an entire year in EU. FYI; i played on Far Shiverpeaks and Desolation. So no, i didn’t play on empty T8 servers.

That’s because we do actually have a Ranger PUG Commander :P

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: Empyre.2531

Empyre.2531

I think EU guilds in general tends to think themselves as superior in every way since every EU guilds that came over to NA had massive superiority complex. I remember when the “best” WvW (Sarcx guild) guild came over while they were good in GvG, they got completely destroyed in actual WvW by every single SoR guild every single time. SoR guilds didn’t map blob them, they had guild commanders tell each other to back off and only let 1 guild engage them one at a time while others watched.

They are no different then NA players except the fact that EU guilds tends to be more tryhard than anything else, but no better imo.

Let me guess. You’re from TYSM who “gvg” with com tag and 15-20 pugs.
EP’s trip to EU showed that the top EU guilds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> top NA guilds. Just like they got smoked on their own servers when EU crossed the pond earlier in game’s history.
Guilds waiting up? You mean they moved around to flank with another 30-40 while we already engaged 30-40.
If there’s anyone full of themselves, it’s surely the american guilds.

/salute

[RG]

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Well it goes to show if what you are saying is true then there must of been some sort of advantage on these said guilds behalf, like numbers for instance. Because when [RG] (Sarcx Guild) took it to even numbers, i.e GvG, I bet these said guilds didn’t stand a chance.

It’s easy enough saying we beat x guild in open field bla bla bla, but when u make it even/fair combat between 2 said guilds it really shows who is the better.

I could say that in my previous guild we took down VII many time in open field, but we obviously had some advantage at that time to do so, but i certainly wouldn’t brag about it, because every time we faced then in a GvG (when each has equal advantage) it was like putting a cat in a dog fight (us being the cat) and them being a very hungry big dog, you dread the moment you call your book number, they make you public enemy #1, prime target, easy picking, no utilities.

So going back to what you said: “they got completely destroyed in actual WvW by every single SoR guild every single time.” Every guild didn’t just beat them every time? they completely destroyed them every time?
I very sorry to call you out here, but i don’t see how you can say [RG] went over to NA and not only didn’t win a single fight in their time there, but also got destroyed every time? Wow what a waste of gold to transfer their guild, and not even to experience a single win.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Bertrand.3057

Remember guys, the rule in America is this:

Best = Biggest

in WvW

Posted by: Facet.5914

Facet.5914

EP’s trip to EU showed that the top EU guilds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> top NA guilds.

It’s possible that I’m not fully up to date with the latest results, but as far as I knew [EP] only lost to [ST]. If that is accurate then the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the top GvG guild in the game atm is EU. Which is a conclusion that pertains to a single guild, not a group of “top guilds.” If my knowledge of the results is indeed outdated then I apologize, I get all of that information 2nd-hand or later.

I would be interested to hear observations and comparisons from [EP] reps, since they are the only group that has recently faced both regions. Certainly if they felt a pattern that would carry a lot of weight.

Yaks Bend [SoF] [Me] [One]
Sea of Sorrows [All]

(edited by Facet.5914)

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

I remember that. And that GvG between the SoR flag ship TW vs. RG and how TW totally dominated that with a 1:11 loss.
You could be a great newsreader for Fox News.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Maybe off topic, but I think we (Mag) play TC on reset. I hope you guys don’t hug keeps. That is boring unless you’re outmanned and it’s the garrison.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Prysin.8542

Maybe off topic, but I think we (Mag) play TC on reset. I hope you guys don’t hug keeps. That is boring unless you’re outmanned and it’s the garrison.

no no no, we hug your keeps. all day every day

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

rangers are a nono,

As for Tarnished Coast – probably the only server in NA (that iv’e heard of/experienced) that has the same attitude towards rangers as most EU servers. In short; You get a chance to prove yourself and if you succeed, people will not give you any flak for playing ranger (unlike some other T1/T2 servers)

VIZ/SFR had barely 1-2 hours a day deadtime throughout the entire week, trust me, when it comes to coverage, EU T1 is more menacing then NA T1. Mostly because 12/20 hours in NA is spent hugging keeps, while 17/22 hours in EU is spent golem-rushing/flipping camps/draining supply.

Blackgate would completely destroy Vizunah. The reason viz appears to have more coverage and more PVD is because they face server that can’t put up a fight. Blackgate has coverage in all locations, vizunah doesn’t.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

The GvG results beg to differ You never judge a guild by fights in regular wvw. You look at their GvG record.

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

Remember guys, the rule in America is this:

Best = Biggest

Lol, this special guy right here. Tell us why you salty so we can hug it out.

Good job Katniss, now the mods can close this thread because we’re talking about Match-Ups.

As for my add to the EU appreciation thread, I spent a few weeks on Piken last year and hated it. Lol, people told me that nobody blobbed and EU was a wonderland blah blah blah. Quite disappointed by seeing the same stuff I saw while I was in NA. The only plus was Piken had a nice and fun RP community. Even NA’s RP is behind EU’s formidable meta. TC still obsessed with noble RP :(

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

NA servers have better coverage, EU have more people playing during prime time.
As for individual skill, It’s more or less the same. In NA it seemed more people ran the easy/cheap builds(PU mesmer, dire warrior, etc). During my last few days on BG, 95% of the roamers I ran into were theifs, very mediocre ones. This has not been the case in silver league EU.
In NA, servers care about being balanced while in EU servers care about having balanced fights. One example is, server A has strong NA and ocx and server B has strong EU and SEA. At the end of the day, scores are similar, but both servers spent all their time pvdooring. This, however, doesn’t apply during the leagues when the AP hunters vastly outnumber the wvw’rs during off hours.

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

(edited by Seigfried.5938)

in WvW

Prysin.8542

rangers are a nono,

Blackgate would completely destroy Vizunah. The reason viz appears to have more coverage and more PVD is because they face server that can’t put up a fight. Blackgate has coverage in all locations, vizunah doesn’t.

not any more they dont. But when they were at their biggest before the first leagues, there would be no saying who would win.
Also, jrd, i’d like to make the point that i AM infact playing in T1 NA, and i have yet to see you, or INVI here. So do not come here and tell me how the people iv’e faced for the past two months play. I know it far to well by now. In open field, Viz would oblitterate any NA T1 server. JQ could put up a fight due to manpower, but they would be beaten down. In a siege setting, Viz would be the worst defender, and the best offensive. Their golem rush would oblitterate even the best defended T3 keep here in NA. People here have horrible sense for siege placement and sieging a keep in general. Still, they do better at it then Viz, so np np.

(edited by Prysin.8542)

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

basically NA is superior than EU in every way, shape and form because we saved their kitten during both world wars

in WvW

Posted by: StrykerMagnus.4120

StrykerMagnus.4120

basically NA is superior than EU in every way, shape and form because we saved their kitten during both world wars

True, but they saved our kittens during WWIII. I learned this from The Simpsons so it must be a fact.

in WvW

Prysin.8542

True, but they saved our kittens during WWIII. I learned this from The Simpsons so it must be a fact.

another fact is that NA was populated by europeans that didnt go back home. You are all europeans, in some shape or form.
So, once again, it was just another collective effort from the EU. :P

in WvW

Posted by: LameTerror.4032

LameTerror.4032

EP’s trip to EU showed that the top EU guilds >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> top NA guilds.

It’s possible that I’m not fully up to date with the latest results, but as far as I knew [EP] only lost to [ST]. If that is accurate then the only conclusion that can be drawn is that the top GvG guild in the game atm is EU. Which is a conclusion that pertains to a single guild, not a group of “top guilds.” If my knowledge of the results is indeed outdated then I apologize, I get all of that information 2nd-hand or later.

I would be interested to hear observations and comparisons from [EP] reps, since they are the only group that has recently faced both regions. Certainly if they felt a pattern that would carry a lot of weight.

I also know that EP lost 5-1 against iNK from Gunnar’s Hold. Don’t know anything about other GvG’s.

But it’s stupid to judge the whole NA for 1 guild. EP might be the best or one of the best of NA, but playstyles between guilds are different and some other guilds could possible do very good here, we cant know. Playing against RG or against VII feels a lot different, both or top guilds.

Game Of Elements – Elementalist
WBC – Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

rangers are a nono,

not any more they dont. But when they were at their biggest before the first leagues, there would be no saying who would win.
Also, jrd, i’d like to make the point that i AM infact playing in T1 NA, and i have yet to see you, or INVI here. So do not come here and tell me how the people iv’e faced for the past two months play. I know it far to well by now. In open field, Viz would oblitterate any NA T1 server. JQ could put up a fight due to manpower, but they would be beaten down. In a siege setting, Viz would be the worst defender, and the best offensive. Their golem rush would oblitterate even the best defended T3 keep here in NA. People here have horrible sense for siege placement and sieging a keep in general. Still, they do better at it then Viz, so np np.

First off, I don’t carry the INVI tag anymore. Second I was talking about BG at their prime when they had 24/7 coverage. I’ve faced vizunah more times than you can imagine. They don’t have 24h coverage compared to T1 NA. A group of 40 guys border hopping and PVDooring the other EU servers that simply can’t compete, doesn’t count as 24h coverage. And in order for BG to get “oblitterated” by vizunah they must have found a way to get negative armour. Any veteran player from Deso knows that vizunah wipe easier than anything, they can’t fight, so I doubt BG would have a hard time with them in that sense.

Unless BG has lost a serious amount of their players since S1, there is no way vizunah would win against them.

in WvW

Posted by: Terra.9631

Terra.9631

Vizunah never won a matchup in the open field fights from my experience :P
But they are, or were, since i heard the Great Cross Aliance fell apart(hopefuly not true) an amazingly organized server. If they wanted a waypoint in your keep they would get it, simple as that, even if its 20 ppl escorting one dolly from a single camp. Try to take that camp from them, even multipe ones at the same time well here is another 20 ppl to defend each camp xD They do have huge blobs, adn love their siege warfare as a lot of other servers and may not be the best i had the chance to face in open field but i will give credit where credit is due. During S1 they were a well oiled war machine. Was nice just to watch them xD

Gunnar’s Hold- Nathaniel Enestris-Guardian [Re]

in WvW

Deli.1302

EP lost to ST, DISS and iNK. That’s three EU guilds.

NA servers have better coverage

You are basing this on T1-2 NA versus T4 in EU.
Try playing in T3 or lower in NA then compare it to EU (all tiers). EU has far better coverage overall.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Pretty sure any NA server would beat their corresponding EU server in PPT. We do care a lot more about PPT on the NA servers. Open field fights would be another issue altogether, since our GvG scene is next to non-existant and our average pug has a brain the size of a walnut (Ooo red circle let’s stand in it)

This is assuming tournament/seasons turnouts though, when we can actually put out queues during EU prime in T1, at least during reset

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Avatar Yirachi.7162

EP lost to ST, DISS and iNK. That’s three EU guilds.

Make it 4 (VII).

Apollo Glade [VII]
Ymilia – Elementalist
Shade of Underworld – Thief