Easy Solution to Remove Zerg in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jackmo.3428

Jackmo.3428

No aoe cap and Diminishing returns on all damage after a soft target cap is reached.
IE; 100% damage on 5 players, 80% on 10, 60% on 15 and 40% on 20. Then you can still pressure large groups but it wont be 5 destroying 20 or 30. But 5 should be able to effectively defend a tower. Thats what a tower is for. Its a force mulitplier. Also siege needs to be fixed. Siege on walls that can be killed by ground troops is ridiculous. Raise wall height and increase range. Then lower damage to compensate. I dont mind losing an ac to a ballista.. but not an ele. Also can we get an arcing option for balli shots? I hate that they have such limited use with direct line fire only.

Sorrengild
ET Commander
Pro Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: demetrodon.1457

demetrodon.1457

Remove AoE cap so you can bunker into a Keep all day all night ? It will backfire, zergs will be inside spamming AoE skills, you will see massive rise in Rangers, Necros, Eles etc. WvW is meant to have zergs, it’s open field battle. Don’t like it ? Go sPvP or Obsidian. And yea, enjoy retaliation as someone mentioned earlier. WvW is really weird and different on NA servers as I see.

Ex [FURY] [PunK] [SOUL]
Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: lord matias.4219

lord matias.4219

I have just sat here and read all 3 pages of this forum post, and I decided that I have to add my opinion. Me and my girl bought this game to play together and we have slowly built our guild over the course of 1.5 yrs. The current state of the game in both pve and wvw is rather sad. Almost 2 years without any major content update, besides living story which is short, unamusing and rather pointless. And no real progress on WvW.

Im an avid Gw 1 fan and I used to love the coordination and such that you had to accomplish when you were alliance Battling or GvG’ing. But it seems that Anet has fallen soo far from the tree on the whole WvW, that at this point in the game neither of us really do much of it at all. Before zerging became the meta we used to try it out and were rather successful running in a small 8-10 man group. I have actually run in smaller groups of say 3 or 4 and been very successful in wiping a small zerg of 15-20. But that was with running a secret build that I will not share with anyone cause I cant find anyone to run it with now. But in the past 3 months since I have been back and gone to WvW for my server I have seen nothing but karma training, its almost like its become one more PVE environment. I agree with the OP that aoe does need to have its cap removed, because as it sits right now We will be leaving the game along with all of the members of our guild which btw is about 50 accounts.

1) PVE needs an an expansion such as the likes of factions or nightfall,
2) Servers need to be merged due to the actual loss of probably over 5 million accounts from the game in the past 6 months.
3) Wvw needs balancing and better maps that EOTM…which is the dumbest and laziest thing the devs ever did.

But don’t worry Anet we have come together as a guild and offer these 3 simple suggestions that you can use so you don’t loose more people to EQN or ESO.

1) Let us go to the Canthans now and ask for help from them since SB has officially destroyed LA, like the great exodus from Ascalon to LA in the first place.
2) Lock in server transfers so that people don’t jump ship and stack to servers that are already HIGH pop., and merge the smaller ones like sbi to give us a decent chance in tourneys like the Mar 18th upcoming one. Where sbi will get steamrolled cause other server paid to have our people transferred out.
3) Might I suggest that you add better rewards to those defending and possible combine all 5 maps into one HUGe map so that smaller groups can outcap the zergs, which in turn breaks up the mob effectiveness. OR just shutdown WVW and totally rework it all. Yeah we might be sad for a few but in the end we all get what we want, better fights during WvW.

If you can do that and be the company that we fell in love with while making Gw1 then I think you might keep a few of us here instead of us leaveing. So its your choice Anet either we mass exodus your product and watch your game slowly crumble or you let us mass exodus to cantha or some other expansion.

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Reduce the map cap. Why not? We have EoTM, the solution to queue problems now.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yup. reduce the map cap by 40%-50%.

we have EotM. those that can’t get into WvWvW can still kill other players in there.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Zerging is considered the most effective way to play WvW.
Probably because of stacking, and the damage cap on number of players.

I have kind of a cool idea to improve battlefield tactics and reduce normal stacking.
Players have to actually communicate and as its quite visual, its quite straight forward and everyone should know what to do.

Here we go:

• The commander gets new command lines called “formations”
  • The damage cap is removed
  • All formations have an individual cooldown of 1 minute.
  • If the commander types /fb or /fallback, the commander tag is replaced by a horn. You will hear a horn sound (#3).
  • If the commander types /charge, the commander tag is replaced by a sword hold high. You will hear the charge horn sound (#3).
  • If the commander types “/hold” for example, a large line combo field is placed at his feet. The commander tag is replaced by a “shield icon”. Players have to somewhat spread along the line (we will get to that later #1). You gain certain boons but this is to be discussed aswell (#2). You will hear a line sound of swords bashing shields for example (#3).
  • More examples could be made and suggestions are welcome.
  • The commanders icon is replaced by Blue icons that still embrace the commanders tag.
  • #1 The line could consist out of three individual lines which turn into your world color when players enter the field. If each of the tree lines contain at least 3 players the buff is given to players within x range of the commander.
  • If the commander gets out of x range from the line, “/hold” will start its cooldown and is cancelled.
  • #2 These fields could either grant the damage cap now present in this game, or grant boons.
  • #3 These sounds should be iconic. And after a few hours of playing WvW with a commander, a new player should be able to tell when to fall back or charge by just listening to the sound.

~This is just an idea on top of my head. I think if balanced right, and with some more idea’s it should give real tactical play instead of mindless zerging.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

@Menzies The Heretic.3415:
I like those ideas. But I would modify it a bit.

You have 3 abilities here. Those could be 3 utilities for a commander. Yes, he has to give up his profession utilities, but combined with certain boons of the commander utilities, it would be a quite interesting mechanich. A commander could then also spend WXP into special commander trait lines, unlocking this abilities, improving them or reducing cooldown. The possibilities are endless.

@Topic:
I don’t think removing the AoE cap would be a good idea. I see already an Ele hitting a full Zerg with retaliation buff and the Ele is done for…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Reduce the map cap? Are you serious? Not only are you ruining an entire game mode for a ton of players, but you actually think this will help break the zerg mentality?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Vyode.7548

Vyode.7548

What does everyone think about making it so boons can only effect your group? That would make blobs less appealing since boons would not be shared. This would make it so a whole blob will not have perma retal or stability. I think this would open up more possibilities for different tactics and make smaller groups seem like a better option. If this would happen the range for boons would need to be increased so small groups can be spread out more so AOE does not just drop them.

This would not stop blobs but would make small groups a better option as well. Both can play a big part in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Reduce the map cap? Are you serious? Not only are you ruining an entire game mode for a ton of players, but you actually think this will help break the zerg mentality?

yup.. dead serious…. haven’t been tried, so how can you prove it ruins WvW exprience ?

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

The pug zerg is a mentality.
Large guild groups will still band together.

It hasnt been tried because people know it wont work.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in WvW

Posted by: Lich King.1524

Lich King.1524

Please read the topic. Removig AOE damage cap, will affect the ZERG meta.
ZERG must spread then, otherwise stupid zerg will die after 1-2 meteor showers.
Battles will be totally different. No more stacking trains.
ZERG wil still have the huge advantage in Damage, but smaller goup will have some chanses at least.

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

I dont understand why people still think removing AoE cap will stop the zerg mentality?

If you remove AoE cap zerg still has advantage (if not more), no cap = big zerg being AoE buffed/healed by and too each and every player in range. Now tell me what advantage the smaller group is gonna have?

I do agree however that it should be a scaled handicap, like with the outmanned buff, +30% to AoE cap etc but only for the outmanned people. Or a debuff of some sort to the zerg, giving the outmanned players that little bit of extra battle advantage.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

@Menzies The Heretic.3415:
I like those ideas. But I would modify it a bit.

You have 3 abilities here. Those could be 3 utilities for a commander. Yes, he has to give up his profession utilities, but combined with certain boons of the commander utilities, it would be a quite interesting mechanich. A commander could then also spend WXP into special commander trait lines, unlocking this abilities, improving them or reducing cooldown. The possibilities are endless.

@Topic:
I don’t think removing the AoE cap would be a good idea. I see already an Ele hitting a full Zerg with retaliation buff and the Ele is done for…

Love the idea of commander utilities, it would be awesome but the only thing u would need to be wary of is, I would see more commanders tagging up just to be able to chain these utilities. If the buffs from commander utilities would be only available to squad members this could probably work really well, and encourage people to use squads more often, which could then slightly lower the amount s in zergs since squads have limits and if there are 2 commanders on map i’d make sure i atleast follow 1 in his squad for the buffs

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: Mizhas.8536

Mizhas.8536

I’m ok with the AoE cap removal but since the game actually suffers from lag spikes i think that Anet won’t even consider this posibility.

However, introducing some abilities or changes they could give smaller groups the tools to fight back the zerg.

Timewarp for example was an ability wich empowered small groups multipling their DPS effectiveness. Ofc zergs could just do the same the AoE buff cap of the skill would benefit more a more optimiced group rather than a big zerg.
In addition, this skill AoE cap being 5 targets its stupid. Such a big AoE field and a 240 cd deserve at least a 10 player target cap rathern than a 5 one.

On the other hand Anet could develop some kind of variable AoE cap system linked to the comander tag. Something like if you’re running with <20 players your Aoe Cap becomes x1.5, (7 players instead of 5) , <10 it becomes x2 (10 target cap instead of 5) and so on.
Ofc this system would require a new commander tag system so that only when your group is within X feet from the tag get this benefit. It would also need to be changed the way you join a comander squad so that if the comander dies you can’t just pop another tag and continue.

One last idea is to create CC abilities that in some way ignore/remove 100% sure stability. Nowdays zerg just need to mantain a good amount of stability to be unstoppable. If stability (note: not just random boon removals) removals would exist zerg would need to be much more carefull and skilled so they would avoid or keep a much more close control over such a powerfull resource so they can zerg in the actual way.
Organized groups could benefit from this in an incredible way due to a better organization/coordination. Ofc theese abilities should have a really clear effect (such as static field/feedback) so they can be in some way “easy” to avoid.

in WvW

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

@Twinny.9304:
I’ll start a new thread about that topic, I think the idea deserves it

EDIT:
the link is here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Commander-Utilities/first#post3674098

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

(edited by TyPin.9860)

in WvW

Posted by: Knackers.8562

Knackers.8562

Yeah then meet a retaliation zerg of 50, and deal 10k damage to yourself just by tickling them.

in WvW

Posted by: Knackers.8562

Knackers.8562

Please read the topic. Removig AOE damage cap, will affect the ZERG meta.
ZERG must spread then, otherwise stupid zerg will die after 1-2 meteor showers.
Battles will be totally different. No more stacking trains.
ZERG wil still have the huge advantage in Damage, but smaller goup will have some chanses at least.

Eles are already having problems with retaliation and meteor storm at this moment. Try dropping it at a retal zerg when aoe cap is removed. The damage will probably be enough to get you downed and dead in one meteor storm.

in WvW

Posted by: Oxalis.3084

Oxalis.3084

You take away the AoE cap, and suddenly retaliation becomes the greatest boon to ever exist.
And if you suggest reworking retaliation so it has a cap then you’re just running in a circle.. remove one cap, add another. That’s just silly. In fact I wish they would remove it so all you pug zergers would die instantly to retal.

If you think ZvZ is just some karma train, you need to get away from pug commanders flipping paper towers and join a REAL guild/alliance that does REAL zerg WvW. It is incredibly skill based and you can beat zergs twice your size and do incredible things when you are organized. ZvZ is the best part of WvW.

And on another note, as a zerg you should be looking to break up their blob so you CAN aoe them without a cap, which requires skill. You should be tossing rings/lines/fears/pushbacks/ccs to break them all up and split them up into a big scraggly pile so you can hit who you want to hit. If you actually WvWed in a real zerg you would already know this.

in WvW

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

I think everyone here agrees with removing the AoE DAMAGE cap.
Not the friendly buff stack cap.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in WvW

Posted by: Kaffeglass.5371

Kaffeglass.5371

If the zergs would dissapear it would be a dream coming true…
But people seem to like running arround in a huuuge blob…. using 0% of your brain capacity just tagging everything they see and getting benefit for it.. stinks.

+1 to your suggestion !

Smaller the raid is , the more YOU have to concentrate and do good.. thats a fact.