Edge of Mists = Always Outnumbered

in WvW

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Please do something about the terrible lack of balance in EoTM battleground. For the past few months now, regardless of who we have been put up against, we are always massively outnumbered!

You need to implement some kind of balancing system that FORCES equal numbers per team! It’s a simple concept, really. Look at it this way…

If Red have 50 players, Blue have 30 and Green have 40. Then ONLY Blue and Green are allowed to have more players join, until all teams have 50 players each. Then allow 5 more to join at a time per team, until the zone/map limit is reached. Allowing incremental joining of 5 players per team, you can easily control the numbers of the teams so that nobody has a distinct advantage.

One of my EoTM games tonight, was a zerg of 10-15 versus 100+. Towards the end of the round, people had just quit and we were left with a small group of 5 players trying to take a tower. It took us 12minutes to break the gate down! We didn’t even have enough supplies to build more than 1 ram.

Is this truly how you want “world vs world” to be?! Because right now it’s more like “World vs the unlucky few players of Gandara”!

Take a look at the screenshot, taken at the end of the round showing how the Green team totally dominated. And that map was 80% green the entire time because nobody could get near their stuff without a massive wipe.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Welcome to WvW. Please move your post to the Pve forum.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

Second round, game in progress, but again futile as it’s 15 players versus the entire server.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Ironically green is called Overgrowth…

The overflows for EotM are screwed when seasons are happening. Since the biggest servers end up being all green, it’s the side that have more players joining… In order to open overflow for all these players, red and blue end up being spread too thin.

Once the season ends, it will balance out a bit, but green still will be the biggest most time.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Alvain.7364

Alvain.7364

If you ain’t getting enough karma go back to Tequatl, otherwise you are welcome to come try WvW by entering one of the borderlands or the Eternal Battlegrounds!

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Welcome to WvW. Please move your post to the Pve forum.

Learn more about ANet conception of the game before making unqualified comments.
If you open a thread about EotM outside WvW sub forum it’s moved to here by moderators.

And the arrogance of WvW over EotM misses any base. WvW has at least as much PvD karma train (call it scoring race, if that let you feel better) than EotM.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

Is this truly how you want “world vs world” to be?! Because right now it’s more like “World vs the unlucky few players of Gandara”!

out of the 9 EU matchups, blue is still winning over red at 7, so how about u wait to be red before u call the whambulance.

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

out of the 9 EU matchups, blue is still winning over red at 7, so how about u wait to be red before u call the whambulance.

It’s unbalanced for BOTH Red and Blue! It’s a complete and utter JOKE that they allow such a massive domination of the map for months.

I logged on again to try this imbalanced map, and we had a larger zerg in the afternoon, but of course, Green had an even larger zerg as always. No matter what time of day you play, you will ALWAYS have the useless “outnumbered” buff (it’s not even a buff, because it really is useless!) and will face zergs 5 times larger.

I’ve just quit a round because all we had were 6 glorious players following a poor commander trying to avoid every other player we see while spending 15mins taking down a single gate. Fantastic fun … not.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I PPT laika boss in EotM.

Attachments:

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

Well, Gandara are not so fortunate as your realm.

Honestly, what is the point in a “world v world” map when it’s not even close to WvW, it’s just “5 unlucky Gandara players vs the world”.

What are we support to do when we have such a tiny “zerg” of 6 ppl, that we cannot even kill the veterans spawning on us while we’re spending 15mins on one gate because we can only build 1 ram?! Is this how you (Arenanet) intend for WvW to be played, with such blatantly imbalanced teams? Why is nothing done about it? Why are we not even getting a responce from any officials about this?

Attachments:

(edited by Rentapest.6503)

in WvW

Posted by: animefreec.8307

animefreec.8307

WvW needs to be balanced, if one team has 20 people, the others should have that number as well, people shouldn’t be able to join and make massive armies if there is a team of 5. There’s no way to get anywhere with such an outnumbered force, you can’t build anything because there are so few supplies, it takes 15-20 minutes to take a gate down- longer if there are a bunch of NPC’s guarding the gate that keep respawning, and oh, not to mention if a zerg stumbles upon your humble little group, you’re decimated in an instant after spending over ten minutes hammering on a gate. This is ridiculous, Gandara has been outnumbered so long now, put in a proper queing system!

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I was annoyed by this the other night. It appears new instances were being created just to accompany Overgrowth’s population. Meanwhile, I hopped on 3 different Layers only to find Badland players outnumbered on each one. One instance was even created a half hour after the match began. Meanwhile the other layers were still outnumbered!!! At some point, if one color has outnumbered, no new instances should be created.

The only way to combat this is for players to take control and start “taxiing” themselves across layers. If you are outnumbered, just jump ship! I tried merging a couple of the outnumbered layers manually with a little success the other night. Once players begin to understand the concept, we’ll be able to manage EotM much better than Anet can.

btw… for the few who may think the “outnumbered” buff is worth it, it is not. Back capping your own little corner does not equal being able to run around the whole map flipping tower and keeps.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

I was annoyed by this the other night. It appears new instances were being created just to accompany Overgrowth’s population. Meanwhile, I hopped on 3 different Layers only to find Badland players outnumbered on each one. One instance was even created a half hour after the match began. Meanwhile the other layers were still outnumbered!!! At some point, if one color has outnumbered, no new instances should be created.

The only way to combat this is for players to take control and start “taxiing” themselves across layers. If you are outnumbered, just jump ship! I tried merging a couple of the outnumbered layers manually with a little success the other night. Once players begin to understand the concept, we’ll be able to manage EotM much better than Anet can.

btw… for the few who may think the “outnumbered” buff is worth it, it is not. Back capping your own little corner does not equal being able to run around the whole map flipping tower and keeps.

I’ve just spent the last hour entering and exiting trying multiple maps. Every single map or overflow was the same “outnumbered” nonsense!

They NEED to balance this, not force ppl to “manually” taxi etc and waste countless hours organising zergs because the game lacks an adequat queue/balance system. While we’re faffing about taxi’ing players etc, they’re capping everything and winning.

@Arenanet: If you’re not going to step in and at least look at this, then you may as well just ask us not to even bother fighting in WvW and just stand there for free kills. Because that is precisely what we are right now! I’m a walking lootbag of uselessness.

There are many ways you can resolve this or at least make the problem a bit easier.

» Introduce a queue/balance system as mentioned in my first post.

» Allow server IP blocking. You join a server/overflow and can ‘block’ it’s IP until you next exit your game client. This allows you to enter a map, see it’s no good and try find another map without entering the same map over and over again.

» Allow players to view the active overflow maps through an in-game browser, like the PvP server browser. This will allow players to see how many active players there are on the map etc before joining the selected map.

» Make the outnumbered buff useful. This can be done in many different ways, one of which would be to increase player stats drastically to help combat the 500to1 player ratio. Alternatively, it should make the player immune to all incoming damage, until they attack then the buff is removed until they waypoint to the start/base. These are wild ideas and open to exploit/abuse as well, so it needs to be enforced.

» Allow players to ‘Guest’ to other realms to join WvW so that we can have a chance to be on a team that actually has a zerg bigger than 5 players.

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

Another evening, another imbalanced game. Please see the attached screenshot showing another night of Green domination against Gandara (Blue) and Red.

We had a “zerg” of less than 20 again versus over 200 Green’s.

Again, why have we not had a responce to this issue? When is something going to be done?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Overgrowth is Green.
Green is generally the 1st place server of each tier.
Matches are typically won by the server with the biggest population.
EotM was designed to give people in queue for WvW something to do similar to WvW.
In theory, Green should have the most people in queue so Overgrowth should have the most people in EotM.

Working as intended.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Overgrowth is Green.
Green is generally the 1st place server of each tier.

This week it is unusual worse: Due to season, green is the top tier of every (9 server) league without any randomization

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Strange. I’ve been doing EotM more than usual this week due to TC (blue) curbstomping poor FA/Mag (so they certainly don’t need me there). Curiously, every time I’ve been into EotM this week, it’s been Frostreach that’s been overrunning the map. I don’t know whether or not it’s because BG is having a harder time against JQ and SoS this week, so they need more bodies in the official maps, but OG seems to be in equal or less numbers to FR this week.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Strange. I’ve been doing EotM more than usual this week due to TC (blue) curbstomping poor FA/Mag (so they certainly don’t need me there). Curiously, every time I’ve been into EotM this week, it’s been Frostreach that’s been overrunning the map. I don’t know whether or not it’s because BG is having a harder time against JQ and SoS this week, so they need more bodies in the official maps, but OG seems to be in equal or less numbers to FR this week.

In the case of NA, we have a T1 server (TC) and the top T2 (SoS) to actually put some bodies on Blue side while Red have JQ which might balance 1 or 2 overflows.

However, the OP is from EU, where the 3 leagues are with 9 servers, which mean all the winners from last week are green on this one.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

so you ask for a Qeue for a map suppost to be a map for everyone on Qeue in wvw? Really?

Eotm is not designed to be balanced and it was not the plan to do so. Its a map you can play while wait for wvw. When you wanna play Eotm only all day than you have to live with this.

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

Eotm is not designed to be balanced and it was not the plan to do so. Its a map you can play while wait for wvw. When you wanna play Eotm only all day than you have to live with this.

I disagree, since the entire server benefits from buffs that you “win” inside EoTM. If it’s designed to be unbalanced, then that is the same as showing favoritism for specific servers because they will win all the time in EoTM and get the buffs that effect PvE and WvW alike.

Today’s Green faceroll screenshot is attached. And we’re still awaiting an official responce regarding this.

Attachments:

in WvW

Dayra.7405

The wrong thing is measured in EotM. Who cares about possession of objectives in EotM?
The really important measures are

• average karma gained per player in the match in team X
  • average WEXP gained per player in the match in team X
  • average Lvlups gained per player in the match in team X

Does green win in these important measures or are they inefficient because the map is to green most of the time and they have to run to much before they reach the next cappable objective?

Does it improve your rates if you run over the other teams or does it delay it?

Which commander has the best rates?

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

When EotM was announced one of the features was the ability to do WvW without the queues. How would you force team to have equal numbers without adding a queue in the first place?. Let’s say that 400 people want to join on green servers, and 100 each on blue and red… if the system forced the balance you’d have enough servers to accommodate 100 on each side, and then 300 people that would have to either go to a queue, or go maps empty of opposition.

Currently the way WvW colors work (as far as I know, if I’m wrong please someone correct me) is that when matchups are made every reset, the server that had the most points in the previous matchup is assigned green, second place is blue, third place is red. Since EotM groups are formed of all servers of a single color, green will always have an advantage because it’s formed of all servers that had the most points in previous match ups, which are most likely the ones that have the most interest in WvW, and at the same time probably the most queues in regular WvW so regular and experienced WvWers spend more time in EotM in the first place.

My suggestion would be to randomize colors in the first place. Don’t assign colors in WvW based on previous performance, instead do the matchups as usual, and once they’re done, select at random which server gets which color. That way, hopefully, you’d get more top ranked servers on each color of EotM, which should help with the population imbalances.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

I disagree, since the entire server benefits from buffs that you “win” inside EoTM. If it’s designed to be unbalanced, then that is the same as showing favoritism for specific servers because they will win all the time in EoTM and get the buffs that effect PvE and WvW alike.

Today’s Green faceroll screenshot is attached. And we’re still awaiting an official responce regarding this.

Wtf? There is no buffs for winning EotM other than a supply depot on the home borderland of the winning side servers. Idk wth you’re talking about…

in WvW

Dayra.7405

EotM should of course not have queue, it should just not be connected to WvW at all.

When you join (without being in a party) you get assigned to the smallest team, is all that’s needed.

Party handling is a bit more complicated, you don’t want to separate parties, and you don’t want balance disturbing taxiing.

For EU a nice alternative could be:
- One color german speaking
- One color french+spanish speaking
- One color english speaking

Color rotates every 4hours, and either the GUI-settings or the WvW-server settings are used to determine the language.

Another idea:
Both minorities are currently spread equally over the instances created by the majority, i.e. they are a minority everywhere. If there is a strong imbalance make it
Instance1 Majority -Minority1
Instance1 Majority -Minority2
….
turning it into some 2-sided matches, but both teams are likely equally strong.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: dtzy.5901

dtzy.5901

Yes please. And while you guys are on it, please NERF the rewards in EoTM. Nerfing the old champ trains seem like a joke after you introduced a far better farm and leveling map.

The amount of farming and easy leveling in EoTM is really sad from the perspective of veteran GW2, especially WvW players.

BG~

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

Another round of Green domination…

Attachments:

in WvW

Romek.4201

Yes please. And while you guys are on it, please NERF the rewards in EoTM. Nerfing the old champ trains seem like a joke after you introduced a far better farm and leveling map.

The amount of farming and easy leveling in EoTM is really sad from the perspective of veteran GW2, especially WvW players.

sad are only postings like this

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

EotM is a farming ground because players made it so.
here is the solution: change server.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Dayra.7405

No it isn’t you will be blue next week and farmed by green.

in WvW

Posted by: Esprit Dumort.3109

Esprit Dumort.3109

I feel like most people who disagree are on strong servers and don’t understand how demoralizing it is for Red and Blue to be overwhelmed by Green the majority of the time.

This week Green servers (in my matchup) have been going out of their way to farm the Red and Blue groups, skipping over towers and keeps to engage and disrupt the other sides. They have large numbers, they know they can win, and they are essentially bullying the other sides.

I understand that it’s part of the game, and “deal with it” and “QQ”. But the balance is such a joke that it discourages players from enjoying WvW. My g/f commanded Blue for an hour or so the other day and her tactic to keep people around and actually complete objectives? Run away from the Green zerg who were essentially stalking the group the entire time.

Jessamine [SNOW]
Gandara

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

I’m trying not to just QQ about this issue, but I feel it’s quite difficult to get the point accross without dogged determination!

The currently matchup team on Green are unbeatable. If you somehow manage to take out their massive zerg once, they’ll come back for revenge with a vengeance and 1hit you in a matter of seconds because they outnumber you 20to1 at least.

They dominate the map constantly, while controlling both Red and Blue keeps. If you more anywhere on the map, you’re detected by 1million sentry drones they have in place everywhere, hidden inside walls and under bridges so they’re nearly impossible to destroy! If you cap anything, even if it’s “your own” section of the map, it’s instantly re-capped before you are on the next objective.

I’ll say this again, but playing against such an overwhelming and superior force is getting tedious and boring.

Here is the screenshot from today’s gameplay in EoTM.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Why are you in EotM expecting a competitive format where every side is evenly populated?

This is not even true for the regular borderlands where actual PvP takes place

in WvW

Posted by: lolwtf.6259

lolwtf.6259

I feel like most people who disagree are on strong servers and don’t understand how demoralizing it is for Red and Blue to be overwhelmed by Green the majority of the time.

This week Green servers (in my matchup) have been going out of their way to farm the Red and Blue groups, skipping over towers and keeps to engage and disrupt the other sides. They have large numbers, they know they can win, and they are essentially bullying the other sides.

I understand that it’s part of the game, and “deal with it” and “QQ”. But the balance is such a joke that it discourages players from enjoying WvW. My g/f commanded Blue for an hour or so the other day and her tactic to keep people around and actually complete objectives? Run away from the Green zerg who were essentially stalking the group the entire time.

Agreed entirely. I have always been back and forth between BL and FR, never been Green before, so I’ve only ever experienced their bloodthirsty madness from the wrong end of the spectrum. People who don’t see what a problem this is have probably only ever been on the winning teams.

in WvW

Romek.4201

when sfr is red or blue than its the other way

the zerg after 4pm than when Sunny Funny Bunny leads (red or blue) the green comander allways ragequit adn green will be farmed at spawn

so no its not the color

in WvW

Posted by: Decado.9304

Decado.9304

Each server in each tier should be randomised as to their EotM colour and this should be changed every 3 hours. Sure you weill still get 1 sided games but at least your more likely to get somewhat fairer matchups

in WvW

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

If the green is SFR, I agree. If not, then – following my experience – I will not be farmed.

[ROCK]
Desolation

in WvW

Dayra.7405

If the green is SFR, I agree. If not, then – following my experience – I will not be farmed.

Of course SFR is Green, its Season.

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

Another week’s matchup, another another bad one this week. So the problem is still ongoing in EoTM.

Please can we get an official responce on this?

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Please can we get an official responce on this?

I doubt it… But really, just wait until the tournament is over and it will get a bit balanced since not always the biggest teams will be green.

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

I doubt it… But really, just wait until the tournament is over and it will get a bit balanced since not always the biggest teams will be green.

Why should we have to put up with months of unbalanced boring pointless games because they can’t even be bothered to action this? It’s totally unfair.

At the very least we could get an official responce on this to say they’re considering the problem.

in WvW

Romek.4201

a fix would be to not allow low lvls in eotm^^

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Problem is that frost reach doesn’t even try.

Attachments:

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Dayra.7405

Hi hi yes with most WvW and EotM heros now at SFR you start to become a problem: no enemies left.

I only go to EotM if SFR isn’t green and I only go to WvW if SFR isn’t in the match.
If we can no longer beat you on the battlefield, we’ve to bore you to death

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

If we can no longer beat you on the battlefield, we’ve to bore you to death

Art of war !

in WvW

Posted by: Khairiya.7240

Khairiya.7240

To clarify this for others: The screenshot is showing yesterday evening’s run where we decided to camp blue at spawn. Red was able to catch up because they had the rest of the map to themselves for 45 minutes.

in WvW

Rentapest.6503

Another night of Green domination and boredome in EoTM. Still no comments or reply from any officials and still no sollutions in sight.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

That’s because EOTM is working as intended. It creates a new copy of a map once the previous one gets full. It doesn’t matter what color makes it full, it just creates a new one when a “queue” is needed.

Balanced player count among all colors is probably next to impossible unless for some odd reason 100 players from each color join at the same time.

You can not ask ANET to do anything because there’s nothing to do about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Khairiya.7240

Khairiya.7240

Your picture doesn’t show any EotM scores by the way. It’s you losing your matchup in regular WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

EotM is working perfectly fine and as intended.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in WvW

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

And yet last night I logged into EotM as green (I’m on Yak’s Bend) and we were completely overwhelmed for the whole night, a few times we managed to get some outposts only to be slaughtered and wiped shortly afterwards, sometimes by regular zergs, other times by organized guild zergs. In the end we spent most of the time I was playing defending the keep with lots of AC and other siege, followed by some quick captures on nearby bases before being wiped and back to the keep to defend…

And TBH that time spent defending was some of the most fun I’ve had in EotM so far, even if only the keep and green airship were the only things green in the map most of the time…

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.