Extreme Lag in WvW.. Again?

in WvW

Posted by: Teej.9241

Teej.9241

I’ve been experiencing extreme skill lag in WvW for the past 4+ hours now and its not only me. Guildies and server-mates both having the problem across all borderland’s and EB too. Every skill that requires casting takes 1-2+ seconds to actually activate in game. Anyone else experiencing this too?

Le

in WvW

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

Yup. It’s been bad.

in WvW

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

There’s an update coming the 17th, my guess is were going to get spikes of bad lag on and off till then.

in WvW

Posted by: Fear.6358

Fear.6358

lol patch=lag=sad

Fear The Insane, A LvL 80 Warrior
One Eight Seven [OES] A Jade Quarry Guild
www.OneEightSeven.Enjin.Com

in WvW

Posted by: Devik.9852

Devik.9852

I’m wondering how long until he/she gets an infraction for saying something negative about the game..

in WvW

Posted by: Radakill.3469

Radakill.3469

Ive been getting rendering delays in big building such as keeps lately, thats new for me as I have not experienced this in the early game, dunno if that has anything to do with lag, or perhaps design/code changes.

in WvW

Posted by: Chronos.1046

Chronos.1046

Solution – Run staff guardian, spam 111111111111111

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

Did not have lag but got DC 2 times.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Had it really bad today and I was fighting on ET’s borderland in off hours so there was maybe about 50 people total on the map

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Well I had a long post typed out on how bad the lag has become lately, but because this kitten forum decided I had not logged in today and wanted verification I lost it. This is not the first time this has happened to me either, nor I’m sure to others.

Suffice it to say my post was a rant on the bloody lag I and many others have been the unfortunate benefactors of lately. Fix this ANet before enough people stop playing because of this issue and it fixes itself.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I just got some today at random times. I even just left OS and nobody was there but me but there was still some lag in casting.

Maguuma Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

There’s an update coming the 17th, my guess is were going to get spikes of bad lag on and off till then.

What makes you think an update is going to fix lag when none of the previous ones ever have?

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

FearedbytheGods.8617

What makes you think an update is going to fix lag when none of the previous ones ever have?

You don’t understand.

The lag most of us are experiencing (guild/map chat) is not associated with what we typically experience for lag.

Therefore, as previously stated, ‘my guess’ is its associated with the update that will specifically address WvW issues (tournament rewards).

Henceforth it won’t save people from issues typically faced with lag (huge zerg fights), but it will stop random acts of lag.

However, once again reiterating to you, this is ‘my’ best guess. You don’t have to listen to my opinion, nor reply to it.

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Most of us are experiencing skill lag- try playing a casting class and you’ll see what it is. I’ve even switched toons during laggy periods and an confirm that warrior and guardian number 1 skills work just fine with no delay whilst ele staff 1 skill will take ages, and trying to cast anything with a longer cast time (like a heal on a caster class) becomes pointless, whilst all the time Guardians and Warriors are still waving away doing damage.

The theory is that it is something to do with China release but I don’t buy that, as surely the server farm for that would not be based in Europe.

I think it is them moving server capacity across to spvp for the forthcoming tourney to ensure that runs smoothly as they consider it their ‘esport’, and don’t care about the effect it may have on wvw, which is just lower than fixing a chip on the janitor’s windscreen on their list of priorities.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: ghtchill.7613

ghtchill.7613

Yeah I have noticed lag and other issues seem to be worse, from the usual skill lag, to finding my health going from 100% to downed state instantly. I’ve noticed rubber banding quite a bit more too. My system is fine, and used to run this game without issues and it’s not old.

Also, I’ve had lots of issues with the game just crashing in the middle of a battle. I didn’t have this problem 6 months ago. Not sure what exactly changed…

TC

in WvW

Cactus.2710

However, once again reiterating to you, this is ‘my’ best guess. You don’t have to listen to my opinion, nor reply to it.

OK … works for me.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

FearedbytheGods.8617

You don’t have to listen to my opinion, nor reply to it.

OK … works for me.

We’ll assume you did 1 of 2.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

You don’t have to listen to my opinion, nor reply to it.

OK … works for me.

We’ll assume you did 1 of 2.

I replied to your post, not your opinion. Thought that was obvious …

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: IRGRL.4189

IRGRL.4189

Just noting as well the last week I have had huge lag spikes in WvW, nothing else, more rubber banding lag then anything. I have great connection (as I live stream) and no other issues on any other game I play. hoping what everyone says here is true in that its because of the update coming.

~follow me on Twitter @IRGRL ~

in WvW

FearedbytheGods.8617

that was obvious …

Oh it is. Just watching you forum stalk me after I called you out for using your wife’s account to back up your argument made me lol.

in WvW

Cactus.2710

that was obvious …

Oh it is. Just watching you forum stalk me after I called you out for using your wife’s account to back up your argument made me lol.

Say what?? I’ve never used my wife’s account for anything … period. And for god’s sake you aren’t worth “forum stalking” as can be easily seen from the fact that I didn’t even bother to check back here for over three days. Get a grip on yourself.

Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: ammayhem.5962

ammayhem.5962

Heck, I was lagging in Cursed Shore today.

Port Sledge University [PSU]
Sorrow’s Furnace